Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Will restoring a nand.bin from a previous system menu update brick your wii?  (Read 992 times)
BriefCasey795
Supreme Kitten

What does one poot here?

• Awards Heart Container RAGE!! Tutorial Writer

• View Profile Awards
    « on: December 11, 2013, 07:06:08 PM »

(This might be in the wrong forum, but I haven't posted here in a while, so pardon me if I DID post in the wrong forum.)

So last week, I decided to create a backup of my softmodded homebrew Wii. (It only had HBC, Riivolution and BootMii as IOS) Yesterday, I decided to transfer the save files and such unto my Wii U, so I deleted all the homebrew stuff and updated my wii to the latest build of 4.3U, (it was previously on the same thing.) which I needed to do in order to access the Wii Shop Channel to download the transfer tool. I was planning to reinstall HBC, Riivo, and BootMii, but then I realized that if I load the nand.bin file I created last week, which was BEFORE I updated my Wii, I fear that I might end up bricking it by accident, and since it was one of those Wiis that prevents Bootmii being installed as Boot2, there would be no way to restore my system. Has anyone ever tried loading a nand.bin from an older build of the same system menu version (4.3U) before? Because I am REALLY unsure about doing this at all., and I mainly only want to use that Wii for brawl mods now that my other stuff is on my Wii U. (which I DON'T want to install homebrew stuff onto. besides, you can't install bootmii on it.)

Any help is appreciated. Thanks in advanced.

I'm back after a long while.

Pages: [1]
    Print
    Jump to: