Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Pages:  1 ... 233 234 235 [236] 237 238 239 ... 590
Author Topic: The Brawl Expansion Project  (Read 2842877 times)
ShinF
Supreme Kitten

• Awards Tutorial Writer Pin Collector Hot Topic Featured

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #3525 on: March 03, 2014, 03:19:00 PM »

Btw can someone point me to info that'll help me get get Sheik on my CSS?
    I forgot to do that when i had the chance
    If you're using CSSRoster.dat, just add her ID to it. The txt file the Config Utility came with has all the IDs. Same with ZSS.

Want cBliss on your BrawlEx Build? Check out this tutorial!

Not Kratos
    Mega Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #3526 on: March 03, 2014, 03:34:01 PM »

I probably cant help too much be when i messed up following Sammi's videos on adding CSPs and glitched my CSS when weird pictures i just got some fresh files. You are trying to add clones a CPS and iron right?

Not really. I have the default CSS with the portrait data for my clones set up and it works fine. Right now, I'm trying to add the custom portrait data to a new CSS (the background is different) but it always comes out like that.

KarefyrmSix
    Expert Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #3527 on: March 03, 2014, 04:48:55 PM »

If you're using CSSRoster.dat, just add her ID to it. The txt file the Config Utility came with has all the IDs. Same with ZSS.

Okay thanks, idk i didnt think of looking at that :p

Shun_One
    Lol Kitten

• Awards >9000 Star Hacker Smash 3 Team Pin Collector

• View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #3528 on: March 03, 2014, 09:20:24 PM »

This is probably a very strange question, but is it possible to setup the Indy Pokemon slots to load PT, but not the other Pokemon?

I'd imagine something like this could work with Brawl EX if nothing else.

I'm no longer around. If you really need to get my attention, send a PM

Doq
    Extreme Kitten

Coconut is best Neko.

• Awards Ceiling Cat

« Reply #3529 on: March 03, 2014, 09:25:35 PM »

Started off the Riivolution project off with a frozen black screen. Then I realized I was missing the Riivo files.

Nebulon
    Holy Kitten

• Awards Tutorial Writer Super Saiyan Topic Dedicated Hacker Heart Container

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #3530 on: March 03, 2014, 09:42:15 PM »

I've got a Megaman X GFX fix ready to go for that R.O.B. module whenever it's released Smiley

Want to talk about my pack? Let's take it over here to the Brawl 4 All thread: http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=71453.msg1306822#msg1306822

HaloFanODST
    Holy Kitten

• Awards Hey! Listen! Good Citizen Heart Container

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #3531 on: March 03, 2014, 09:46:07 PM »

I've got a Megaman X GFX fix ready to go for that R.O.B. module whenever it's released Smiley

How do you fix the GFX?
    I need to know it.
    Also to change them, but that's other story.

Before someone attacks me:
    No, I won't say/accept the term "American" to refer exclusively to people or things from the United States.
    America is a continent and deal with it.
    I'm an American, but not necessarily from the U.S.

Axel Akutare
    Mega Kitten

The Dark Hero

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #3532 on: March 03, 2014, 10:02:10 PM »

By the way, Nebulon, I've never downloaded your pack, but are all your characters set up so that their GFX don't conflict or turn invisible without reason?

I'm the Dark Hero! Hoping to achieve Axel as a character for SSBB!

Doq
    Extreme Kitten

Coconut is best Neko.

• Awards Ceiling Cat

« Reply #3533 on: March 03, 2014, 10:08:59 PM »

By the way, Nebulon, I've never downloaded your pack, but are all your characters set up so that their GFX don't conflict or turn invisible without reason?
    Quote from: Nebulon's Sig
    -No GFX glitches between any psa Smiley

No thanks needed. Smiley

Axel Akutare
    Mega Kitten

The Dark Hero

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #3534 on: March 03, 2014, 10:14:40 PM »

No thanks needed. Smiley

Oh crap. I never noticed the summary. XD

Nebulon
    Holy Kitten

• Awards Tutorial Writer Super Saiyan Topic Dedicated Hacker Heart Container

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #3535 on: March 03, 2014, 10:28:58 PM »

How do you fix the GFX?
    I need to know it.
    Also to change them, but that's other story.

-Open up the character in a BB that shows their MoveDef_FitXXXXX (The Xes being the character's name). Or open them in PSA. It's important to figure out which one they were made in since typically they'll only be able to save edits in the software they were made in. This can be the most frustrating part. BB .68B is reliable in this way.

=Open folder "Sections" and then "Data" and lastly "Sub Action scripts". In here you'll find everything the character does. All of these fodler contain the pizaz for everything a character does, ranging from SFX, GFX, Main, and Other. But you'll be concerned with GFX.

-Open up EVERY GFX folder and look inside for "External Graphic" (Everyone you see will potentially load a GFX from the ef_XXXX included in the pack (XXXX once again being the name) to find a list of things. The first thing you'll have selected should be Graphic, which has information pasted on the window to the right.  It should display the EFLS entry Index value (Or we could refer to them as IDs). The number there tells the action what GFX to load using an EFLs.

-EFLs are in a tab in your ef_XXXX. Open that tab as well and count the white boxes starting from 0. Count all the way down until you count to the number that was displayed in the EFLs entry Index. Inside this window it should display a BRRES ID. It should also read "true" at the top. If it doesn't then this GFX doesn't matter (normally). Anyway, the BRRES ID is the number for the models further down. Each model has a number. THIS is what dictates what GFX is loaded  during a move.

So to recap: Start with an action in the Subaction scripts>Go to GFX>If there is an external Graphic tab then open it>read the EFLSentryIndex value and memorize it (Let's say it's 9)> Go down to efls and count the white boxes inside starting from 0 to the number you just memorized (In this case 9)> From there you can see what mdl it's loading.

What you do here is kind of up to you. You could import more models (Remember to set them to model data and give them a number that isn't already being used) and add EFLS  to the EFLS tab (remember to change these EFLS boxes to true and give them the BRRES ID that you gave the model). Then export the ef_XXXX portion of the .pac and import it to someone else's pack and change their GFX>External Graphics>EFLS entry Index to read the EFLS that is associated with the model that you imported. Smiley

You could combine ef_XXXXXs this way, or you could take assist trophy or enemy's ef_XXXXXs and replace a character's ef_XXXXX and start adding their GFX in that one (Be sure to pick an assist trophy/enemy ef_XXXXX that has at least one example of what you're going to put inside of them, whether it be a Texture or a model. Also be sure to change the GFXFile ID in the Graphic window to the ID of the assist trophy. in BB68b, some of them have names. This makes it easy. Smiley In the case of PSA you'll need a cheat sheet. This is all of the IDS in Hex: http://opensa.dantarion.com/wiki/Effect.pac_IDs . When using BB68b, you'll ned to convert these IDs to normal, or decimal as it's called in a a calculator.). In doing so your character will load from an ef_file of a different name. If I have ef_Lin in my Broly.pac, then then he won't conflict with ganondorf, because ganondorf loads his GFXs from ef_Ganon.

This is how you avoid GFX clashing.

Final tips:

MAKE SURE you import textures necessary for your GFX to show up. No textures means that they could show up as white boxes or eve invisible.

MAKE SURE you don't exceed a file size limit. How can you tell if you did? Silent freeze during a match loading. How do you prevent this? Trial and error, but typically below 530 KB seems safe. If you're just over and want to go down, compress some textures, or remove unnecessary ones altogether. After doing this, test the character to make sure what you compressed/deleted wasn't important.

NEVER just import an EFLS over an assist trophy and call is done. Importing that basically transforms it into the previous ef_file.

MAKE SURE you copy the .pac you're working on. Certain BBs or PSA can corrupt the file and make you start over. You want to make sure you save progress.

MAKE SURE to also check the "Other" and "Main" tabs to actions as well since they can also contain External Graphic tabs.

MAKE SURE you also modify Terminate Graphics. GFXs need to end. Terminate Graphic tabs do just that. Make sure they know what to terminate. They are normally found in the same folder as the "External Graphic". Not every GFX has one though so don't go insane if you can't find it.

MAKE SURE you also check the Articles in the "Data" folder (somewhere beneath the Subaction scripts folder). If a GFX STILL isn't fixed, you may need to fix it in there.

MAKE SURE that when doing this in PSA you rememeber that IDs are in hexidecimal. For more on that, use a search engine to explain. It's easy, it's like adding 6 more numerals to the numeric alphabet (except they're letters... we just treat the mas number temporarily).

PREPARE to get angry, confused, frustrated, warn out, maniacal, and insane, since there are plenty of things that could go wrong. The key is to be persistent.

AND LASTLY test frequently. If you did at least ONE thing right it'll show up in a test. This means you're on the right track. EVERY character is different, and the process can e tedious. Little victories will keep you going and give you hope Smiley

That's all I've got really, I'm not expert, I don't know too much else.

Good luck!

Post Merge: March 03, 2014, 10:32:14 PM

They are Smiley

BUT FOR NOW I recommend that after every match you back out of the CSS and then go back in to continue playing. This will reset the ef_files loaded. Since some of my characters were fixed by sharing them, they are prone to be unloaded when a character using one was deselected. It's an easy thing to do and should only add a whooping 3-4 seconds of time inbetween matches. Smiley Before you download you may want to hold off. I've just got done fixing quite a few bugs and will update the pack very soon. It'd be a shame for you to download for a while and then have to redownload for the fixes. I can PM you when I reupload so that you'll know when it's okay to download. Smiley
    « Last Edit: March 03, 2014, 10:35:18 PM by Nebulon » Logged

Want to talk about my pack? Let's take it over here to the Brawl 4 All thread: http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=71453.msg1306822#msg1306822

KarefyrmSix
    Expert Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #3536 on: March 03, 2014, 11:37:15 PM »

your pack takes me like 7hrs to download :p

Okay maybe not THAT long but it does indeed take a while lol

Axel Akutare
    Mega Kitten

The Dark Hero

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #3537 on: March 04, 2014, 12:12:49 AM »

They are Smiley

BUT FOR NOW I recommend that after every match you back out of the CSS and then go back in to continue playing. This will reset the ef_files loaded. Since some of my characters were fixed by sharing them, they are prone to be unloaded when a character using one was deselected. It's an easy thing to do and should only add a whooping 3-4 seconds of time inbetween matches. Smiley Before you download you may want to hold off. I've just got done fixing quite a few bugs and will update the pack very soon. It'd be a shame for you to download for a while and then have to redownload for the fixes. I can PM you when I reupload so that you'll know when it's okay to download. Smiley

Well, I'm not really looking to download your entire build. I grabbed your CSS to more easily add the cosmetics in and noticed my build and your build share a large amount of new characters. I wouldn't mind a PM to list any changes to them you've personally made. Also whether or not your Mewtwo is straight Project M Mewtwo(which I assume would have the Melee Dodge, which bugs the crap out of me) or the one I've been using(with normal dodge physics and problems with items).

Lillith
    Heroic Kitten

Resident Lunatic & Fox Fanatic

• Awards Ceiling Cat Star Hacker RAGE!! Tutorial Writer

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #3538 on: March 04, 2014, 12:25:21 AM »

Well, I'm not really looking to download your entire build. I grabbed your CSS to more easily add the cosmetics in and noticed my build and your build share a large amount of new characters. I wouldn't mind a PM to list any changes to them you've personally made. Also whether or not your Mewtwo is straight Project M Mewtwo(which I assume would have the Melee Dodge, which bugs the crap out of me) or the one I've been using(with normal dodge physics and problems with items).
    The Project M's Melee dodge is a code, not part of the PSA~

I still talk to myself! If anyone wants to use anything I've done, feel free to! But do tell me where you use it, I want to see the finished product!

Axel Akutare
    Mega Kitten

The Dark Hero

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #3539 on: March 04, 2014, 01:16:52 AM »

The Project M's Melee dodge is a code, not part of the PSA~

That clears up so much confusion for me, thank you. Seriously, I figured the dodge physics had to be put in the PSA. I had seen PSAs before that listed "Melee dodge physics!" as a thing and that was throwing me.

Pages:  1 ... 233 234 235 [236] 237 238 239 ... 590
    Print
    Jump to: