Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Pages:  1 ... 435 436 437 [438] 439 440 441 ... 590
Author Topic: The Brawl Expansion Project  (Read 2837291 times)
Chaotix37
Advanced Kitten

View Profile Awards
« Reply #6555 on: June 27, 2014, 01:18:32 PM »

Ive got another question.  Is it possible to make clone characters be selected by random?  If so, how?

Kan714
Newbie Kitten

View Profile Awards
« Reply #6556 on: June 27, 2014, 01:36:18 PM »

Ive got another question.  Is it possible to make clone characters be selected by random?  If so, how?

Yes. This can be done if you are using the CSS Expansion mod, Idk about the CSS code.

When you are using the BrawlExConfigUtility to edit CSSRoster.dat, youll see all characters included in the roster as well as two buttons: Icons and Random, both at the top right. Inserting into icons will place your BrawlEx characters into the CSS, while inserting into Random will add the characters to the random selection. Just be sure not to place Random in the Random section.

Chaotix37
Advanced Kitten

View Profile Awards
« Reply #6557 on: June 27, 2014, 01:42:51 PM »

Yes. This can be done if you are using the CSS Expansion mod, Idk about the CSS code.

When you are using the BrawlExConfigUtility to edit CSSRoster.dat, youll see all characters included in the roster as well as two buttons: Icons and Random, both at the top right. Inserting into icons will place your BrawlEx characters into the CSS, while inserting into Random will add the characters to the random selection. Just be sure not to place Random in the Random section.

Cool, thanks!

Post Merge: June 27, 2014, 09:35:58 PM
So theres this metal mario over olimar psa that I want to try that comes with  its own .rel.  Would this be compatible with brawlex by any means?
« Last Edit: June 27, 2014, 09:35:58 PM by Chaotix37 » Logged

ShinF
Supreme Kitten

• Awards Tutorial Writer Pin Collector Hot Topic Featured

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #6558 on: June 28, 2014, 12:56:53 AM »

Hmm... I believe everything is named right... Unless this wasnt what youre talking about. D:

My Cosmetic Config is definitely a changeup from Ikes, just 00x10 or whatever it was that links the character to the CSPs is 6E (in hex since Cloud is 110) and 04x10 that links to the Icons. Which doesnt work but Im not concerned about that.

I think it's your format. You've got it set to C18, but it's usually CMPR. Just right-click and hit re-encode, then change it and I think it should work.
    « Last Edit: June 28, 2014, 01:14:42 AM by ShinF » Logged

Want cBliss on your BrawlEx Build? Check out this tutorial!

Lillith
    Heroic Kitten

Resident Lunatic & Fox Fanatic

• Awards Ceiling Cat Star Hacker RAGE!! Tutorial Writer

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #6559 on: June 28, 2014, 01:05:22 AM »

It's your format. You've got it set to C18. It needs to be CMPR. Just right-click and hit re-encode, then change it and it should work.
    CI8 is the original format of Brawl portraits, so if the game isn't crashing due to filesize that isn't a problem.

I still talk to myself! If anyone wants to use anything I've done, feel free to! But do tell me where you use it, I want to see the finished product!

ShinF
    Supreme Kitten

• Awards Tutorial Writer Pin Collector Hot Topic Featured

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #6560 on: June 28, 2014, 01:09:44 AM »

CI8 is the original format of Brawl portraits, so if the game isn't crashing due to filesize that isn't a problem.
    Really? My mistake, then. But doesn't C18 require that textures have their palettes set correctly in the model's file? I know it does for imports, at least, so if you added brand new C18 textures and that wasn't set up correctly, couldn't it cause something like this?

In any case, it'll still be a good step for them to take since it'll cut down their file size.

Bah, I'm too tired to be thinking and posting...   I didn't even notice the post where Sammi already helped him.
    « Last Edit: June 28, 2014, 01:18:31 AM by ShinF » Logged

Want cBliss on your BrawlEx Build? Check out this tutorial!

leondanny56
    Mega Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #6561 on: June 28, 2014, 01:29:46 AM »

Cool, thanks!

Post Merge: June 27, 2014, 09:35:58 PM
    So theres this metal mario over olimar psa that I want to try that comes with  its own .rel.  Would this be compatible with brawlex by any means?

yes you can use that with brawlex however you can't use the .rel that metal mario comes with because it is imcompatible with brawlex, so instead use the .rel for mario that comes with the brawlex download so that way metal mario can work with brawlex.

quote from Nepgear: i can do many things, just nothing particularly well.

Chaotix37
    Advanced Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #6562 on: June 28, 2014, 05:52:48 AM »

yes you can use that with brawlex however you can't use the .rel that metal mario comes with because it is imcompatible with brawlex, so instead use the .rel for mario that comes with the brawlex download so that way metal mario can work with brawlex.
    Ok, so would I be cloning mario too?  Or would i still clone olimar?

Lillith
    Heroic Kitten

Resident Lunatic & Fox Fanatic

• Awards Ceiling Cat Star Hacker RAGE!! Tutorial Writer

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #6563 on: June 28, 2014, 05:55:43 AM »

Ok, so would I be cloning mario too?  Or would i still clone olimar?
    You'd just be cloning him by using Mario.

I still talk to myself! If anyone wants to use anything I've done, feel free to! But do tell me where you use it, I want to see the finished product!

Chaotix37
    Advanced Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #6564 on: June 28, 2014, 11:14:48 AM »

Ok, so i used marios .rel and his configure files, but when i selected him on the css, the game froze with the beep.  Any ideas what i did wrong?

Post Merge: June 28, 2014, 01:03:49 PM
    Nevermind, I realized it was on slot 58, which crashes anyways...
    « Last Edit: June 28, 2014, 01:03:49 PM by Chaotix37 » Logged

leondanny56
    Mega Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #6565 on: June 28, 2014, 02:47:14 PM »

Ok, so i used marios .rel and his configure files, but when i selected him on the css, the game froze with the beep.  Any ideas what i did wrong?

Post Merge: June 28, 2014, 01:03:49 PM
    Nevermind, I realized it was on slot 58, which crashes anyways...

yeah just try it agin on a different slot and it should work.

quote from Nepgear: i can do many things, just nothing particularly well.

KidCraft24
    Mega Kitten

Brawl DX Creator

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #6566 on: June 28, 2014, 06:12:22 PM »

Anyone know exactly why occasionally using Brawl EX causes Battlefields My Music to mess up. I know theres a code that fixes the problem through reseting all the songs on that stage but I was wondering if there was a way to avoid the issue all together so that i don't have to always switch GCTs constantly to fix the freezing.

Click The Logo To Find Out More
    Click the Link To Download Now
    https://www.mediafire.com/?vpg7cn3ohvgh513 Download for SD cards 2 GigaBytes or less
    http://www.mediafire.com/download/3b9ax3zb97xw1r7 Download for SDHC Users

Shiro_Neku
    Advanced Kitten

Steel knows no fear. Steel knows no doubt.

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #6567 on: June 28, 2014, 10:43:55 PM »

What's is the biggest number you can use in MiscData in the char_bust_tex_lz77?

Sammi Husky
    Lol Kitten

• Awards Fiery Topic Renowned Hacker >9000 King for a Day

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #6568 on: June 29, 2014, 01:11:35 AM »

What's is the biggest number you can use in MiscData in the char_bust_tex_lz77?

I believe that theoretically that would be 255 (0xFF) as thats the largest number that a single byte value can represent, meaning it is the highest you can specify in the cosmetic config

[TLoZ]Link
    Advanced Kitten

"You've met with a terrible fate, haven't you?"

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #6569 on: June 29, 2014, 09:17:13 PM »

Does anyone know if the captain falcon.rel in the unstable build is glitchy?
    I want to download the unstable build and just rip the .rel and insert it in the stable build I have.

Pages:  1 ... 435 436 437 [438] 439 440 441 ... 590
    Print
    Jump to: