Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Pages:  1 ... 477 478 479 [480] 481 482 483 ... 590
Author Topic: The Brawl Expansion Project  (Read 2841649 times)
r_stronghammer
Advanced Kitten

View Profile Awards
« Reply #7185 on: August 31, 2014, 01:52:51 PM »

NOOOOOOOOOO It didn't work.

I used a regular Link clone with fresh, Data Partition 2 files, Fresh, brawl ex module, and manual fighter files... And it still crashed when he entered the battle. What am I doing wrong?!?!?!

moydow
Intermediate Kitten

View Profile WWW Awards
« Reply #7186 on: August 31, 2014, 02:18:47 PM »

Aha Roy works 100% with this thanks! However, my only clone, LucasEx, with all of Lucas's regular files is now causing freezing but before it didn't.. I know that LucasEx's module ID is 91 and the new Roy module is 92 so that shouldn't be the problem.. what could be the problem now lol..

Weird, this isn't happening to me. Try removing the LucasEx config files, and adding them again.

I used a regular Link clone with fresh, Data Partition 2 files, Fresh, brawl ex module, and manual fighter files... And it still crashed when he entered the battle. What am I doing wrong?!?!?!

Crashing on entering the battle sounds like it's the module. Just to be certain, what IDs are you entering for the module ID and in section 8? The module ID should be something above 0x8F that isn't already in use, and the ID in section 8 is the BEx clone's slot ID.

Infernape
Holy Kitten

I have Eye Goals

• Awards Famous Hacker Super Saiyan Topic Dedicated Hacker Heart Container

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #7187 on: August 31, 2014, 03:15:43 PM »

Careful with those Caps, When it freezes can you see Link's In-Game Battle Portrait and name? If not then means you need to add the BP's

Memorable Quotes:
    Quote from: ItalianStallion
    Nobody posted the pic of the day? Im shocked lol usually u [censored]s fight over it.

r_stronghammer
    Advanced Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #7188 on: August 31, 2014, 03:25:37 PM »

Crashing on entering the battle sounds like it's the module. Just to be certain, what IDs are you entering for the module ID and in section 8? The module ID should be something above 0x8F that isn't already in use, and the ID in section 8 is the BEx clone's slot ID.
    Careful with those Caps, When it freezes can you see Link's In-Game Battle Portrait and name? If not then means you need to add the BP's

I'm using the ID of my clone (61), and it uses the regular Link CSPs and stuff, so it has Battle Portraits. And it crashes before his name and BP appear... and what do you mean caps?

moydow
    Intermediate Kitten

View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #7189 on: August 31, 2014, 03:30:28 PM »

When you open the module in the module editor, and click on ft_darklink.rel (at the top of the tree), the ID you enter there (the module's ID) is not the same as the fighter's ID. Try something other than 0x61, say 0xA0. You only enter the fighter's ID in section 8.

Infernape
    Holy Kitten

I have Eye Goals

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #7190 on: August 31, 2014, 03:34:45 PM »

I'm using the ID of my clone (61), and it uses the regular Link CSPs and stuff, so it has Battle Portraits. And it crashes before his name and BP appear... and what do you mean caps?
    This is because you didn't add the in-game portrite to the character you cloned, so go to info/potrite and create: "InfFace1101" then add the BP's, and It should work and it appears the Yellow Alloy Name because you haven't added the "MenSelchrChrNmS.1101" to your info.pac and add the Franchise emblem too "MenSelchrMark.21" (I'm using the 3F slot)
    It must be that, try it.

Memorable Quotes:
    Nobody posted the pic of the day? Im shocked lol usually u [censored]s fight over it.

moydow
    Intermediate Kitten

View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #7191 on: August 31, 2014, 03:39:36 PM »

It must be that, try it.

Actually if he's just using Link's cosmetic config unchanged, it should just load Link's portrite.

Infernape
    Holy Kitten

I have Eye Goals

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #7192 on: August 31, 2014, 03:40:49 PM »

Actually if he's just using Link's cosmetic config unchanged, it should just load Link's portrite.
    Hmm, That's true. Maybe some of the files are corrupted?

Memorable Quotes:

r_stronghammer
    Advanced Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #7193 on: August 31, 2014, 03:48:29 PM »

Well, actually, I'm not using the Memory Viewer, I'm using Brawlbox. What files could be corrupted? And again, what do you mean Caps?

Infernape
    Holy Kitten

I have Eye Goals

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #7194 on: August 31, 2014, 04:00:30 PM »

Well, actually, I'm not using the Memory Viewer, I'm using Brawlbox. What files could be corrupted? And again, what do you mean Caps?
    Just don't write with caps you can get warned. Any of the files can be corrupted, or perhaps did you named them correctly?

Memorable Quotes:

moydow
    Intermediate Kitten

View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #7195 on: August 31, 2014, 04:04:59 PM »

I don't usually use BrawlBox for editing ExModules, but it's a pretty similar process. Open ft_darklink.rel, and click on the top of the tree. In the "ARC Entry" section to the right, under "Relocatable Module", set Module ID to 160 (BrawlBox seems to use decimal for module IDs). Open section 8 with the memory viewer, and on the first line, change 00 00 00 02 to 00 00 00 5C.

r_stronghammer
    Advanced Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #7196 on: August 31, 2014, 04:08:07 PM »

Just don't write with caps you can get warned. Any of the files can be corrupted, or perhaps did you named them correctly?
    Oh, ok. I thought you meant something like file size limit.
    I don't usually use BrawlBox for editing ExModules, but it's a pretty similar process. Open ft_darklink.rel, and click on the top of the tree. In the "ARC Entry" section to the right, under "Relocatable Module", set Module ID to 160 (BrawlBox seems to use decimal for module IDs). Open section 8 with the memory viewer, and on the first line, change 00 00 00 02 to 00 00 00 5C.
    Okay, I'll do that, except with ID 61 instead of ID 5C.

Bgeo25
    Advanced Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #7197 on: August 31, 2014, 06:16:08 PM »

Weird, this isn't happening to me. Try removing the LucasEx config files, and adding them again.

I redid LucasEx's config files but still no luck.. I also made sure that LucasEx's module has a unique ID and the section 8 hex code has 3F in the right place. I currently see two Lucas slots and two Marths on my CSS. The game freezes right after the announcer says "3" at the beginning of a battle, and this started happening after I ported Roy over Marth to Diddy.

P.S. I used Module Editor 3.3, NOT BrawlBox for editing the module(s).
    « Last Edit: August 31, 2014, 06:34:06 PM by Bgeo25 » Logged

La Vida Loca

Doq
    Extreme Kitten

Coconut is best Neko.

• Awards Ceiling Cat

• View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #7198 on: August 31, 2014, 06:26:13 PM »

Just gonna throw this out here:

BrawlBox's Module Editor is ass and breaks any edited ExModule. Use the Module Editor 3.3 if you need to make edits.

moydow
    Intermediate Kitten

View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #7199 on: August 31, 2014, 06:53:36 PM »

I redid LucasEx's config files but still no luck.. I also made sure that LucasEx's module has a unique ID and the section 8 hex code has 3F in the right place. I currently see two Lucas slots and two Marths on my CSS. The game freezes right after the announcer says "3" at the beginning of a battle, and this started happening after I ported Roy over Marth to Diddy.

P.S. I used Module Editor 3.3, NOT BrawlBox for editing the module(s).

Set mine up exactly as you have it - Roy over Diddy, and a Lucas clone in slot 3F - and it worked perfectly. I've been setting up the config files manually, though - are you using the clone tool, or doing them manually?

Pages:  1 ... 477 478 479 [480] 481 482 483 ... 590
    Print
    Jump to: