Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Pages:  1 ... 49 50 51 [52] 53 54 55 ... 590
Author Topic: The Brawl Expansion Project  (Read 2827751 times)
ShadowSnake
Venomous Hacker
Heroic Kitten

Back from the dead to mod Smash-U

• Awards Infinite Smash Team Star Hacker Starstormer KCMM Veteran

• View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #765 on: January 07, 2014, 08:04:26 PM »

I'm a little late for the party but this is absolutely groundbreaking PhantomWings, it's because of guys like you, Dantarion and InternetExplorer that the brawl hacking community is still alive.

Anyways I tried out Asf1nk's pack and it worked like a charm! I do have some questions though if anyone can answer them to the best of their knowledge.

- Is there any chance of having seperate CSS icons for ZSS, Sheik, & the Pokemon with this?

- What is the filesize limit for the selcharacter.pac? I don't see us getting past 50 characters with around 10 costumes each without the filesize freezing the game, but i'm no expert.

- How do you give one of the clones a boss's soundbank? (like PM does) Is it done through hexing?

- It says this supports up to 100 characters on the roster but we can only get to 50 at the moment, is there any workaround to this?

I won't need 100 characters with 10 costumes each but i just want to get a sense of the limitations of this engine and how far we can push it. Again, thank you so much for this. I never thought a public clone engine would ever make the light of day.

I DONT TAKE REQUESTS.

Don Jon Bravo
    Heroic Kitten

• Awards Boo! Starstormer Super Saiyan Topic Famous Hacker

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #766 on: January 07, 2014, 08:16:07 PM »

1.just add their id to the css code
    pokemons are 1c 1b 1d or somtething like that, look it up on the id's list in dantarions open psa site
    or i belief the number with the original fighter config file is the same.
    i belief u would also need to include their fighterconfig file in the fighterconfig folder, as well as edit it to include all characters if it hasnt
    2.file size limit is 3.858mb
    but if u save all ur csp' in cmpr format u can lower the size to 3.25, giving u .6mb of space for more csp's
    3.seggy mentioned something a page ago.
    4.technically using the alternate code loader code featured in file patch 3.5.3, u could double ur characters
    giving u 100 instead of 50.
    its a workaround
    the more obvious way of doing it s by editing the scselcharacter file and linking new bones to new css icons
    « Last Edit: January 07, 2014, 08:20:37 PM by Don Jon Bravo » Logged

Sammi Husky
    Lol Kitten

• Awards Fiery Topic Renowned Hacker >9000 King for a Day

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #767 on: January 07, 2014, 08:22:24 PM »

the more obvious way of doing it s by editing the scselcharacter file and linking new bones to new css icons

ASF also said that there would be more to it then that, something in how the game sets up the css to add a new icon

you can also compress all of the Cosmetic archives inside char_bust_tex_lz77 to extended lz77 compression to save about .20 mb

ShadowSnake
    Venomous Hacker
    Heroic Kitten

Back from the dead to mod Smash-U

• Awards Infinite Smash Team Star Hacker Starstormer KCMM Veteran

• View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #768 on: January 07, 2014, 08:42:52 PM »

1.just add their id to the css code
    pokemons are 1c 1b 1d or somtething like that, look it up on the id's list in dantarions open psa site
    or i belief the number with the original fighter config file is the same.
    i belief u would also need to include their fighterconfig file in the fighterconfig folder, as well as edit it to include all characters if it hasnt
    2.file size limit is 3.858mb
    but if u save all ur csp' in cmpr format u can lower the size to 3.25, giving u .6mb of space for more csp's
    3.seggy mentioned something a page ago.
    4.technically using the alternate code loader code featured in file patch 3.5.3, u could double ur characters
    giving u 100 instead of 50.
    its a workaround

Thanks for the answers, this may seem confusing to everyone but really though, this is 100 times simpler than i thought the clone engine would ever be.

I DONT TAKE REQUESTS.

Jade_Rock
    Hyper Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #769 on: January 07, 2014, 08:53:54 PM »

Thanks for the answers, this may seem confusing to everyone but really though, this is 100 times simpler than i thought the clone engine would ever be.

That is also what I thought like I just read the beginning saying the clone engine was real... yay great something else I will never understand...and now I have a roster with 49 slots!

Sammi Husky
    Lol Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #770 on: January 07, 2014, 09:02:31 PM »

Recording the Custom Css icon's and CSP's tut in about 5, i'll post the link when its done. hopefully that will get everything cleaned up. Tongue

SpoonTheMan
    Mega Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #771 on: January 07, 2014, 09:15:54 PM »

Recording the Custom Css icon's and CSP's tut in about 5, i'll post the link when its done. hopefully that will get everything cleaned up. Tongue

Cool Cheesy

BTW, what happened to that tutorial ASF1nk mentioned a few days ago that he was going to make for fixing graphical bugs in the rel ports?

WintersAssassin
    Advanced Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #772 on: January 07, 2014, 09:26:06 PM »

Has anyone gotten the CSP stuff to work on actual wii hardware, I've tried everything, my only guess is that maybe I should set the icon picture to something as well. The Character replacing works fine but the CSP stuff crashes. Curiously it also crashes on Pokemon Trainer's Icon when using Don Jon Bravo's Selectchar.pac...

Don Jon Bravo
    Heroic Kitten

• Awards Boo! Starstormer Super Saiyan Topic Famous Hacker

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #773 on: January 07, 2014, 10:10:13 PM »

Has anyone gotten the CSP stuff to work on actual wii hardware, I've tried everything, my only guess is that maybe I should set the icon picture to something as well. The Character replacing works fine but the CSP stuff crashes. Curiously it also crashes on Pokemon Trainer's Icon when using Don Jon Bravo's Selectchar.pac...
    hmm
    i cant remember if i was using a modified selcharacter that did not include a pokemon trainer icon, verify its there
    « Last Edit: January 07, 2014, 10:13:24 PM by Don Jon Bravo » Logged

Sammi Husky
    Lol Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #774 on: January 07, 2014, 10:24:57 PM »

hmm
    i cant remember if i was using a modified selcharacter that did not include a pokemon trainer icon, verify its there

it's not lol. XD at least that's how i remember it when i was looking through it last

Post Merge: January 07, 2014, 10:41:36 PM
    well the tut was going fine then i got a call i didn't like too much, and had to pause the recording for a very short time. i'll upload a better one that includes the info portaits a little later, for now, i put this tut of for like 3 days and im sure some people who aren't afraid of a little swearing and sucky editing will appreciate this.

its rendering now
    « Last Edit: January 07, 2014, 10:41:36 PM by sammi-husky » Logged

WintersAssassin
    Advanced Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #775 on: January 07, 2014, 10:44:44 PM »

hmm

You're right it wasn't I injected the original one back in lets see if it works... yeah it did! lets try putting Pokemon Trainer's pics over slot 90... nope still can't get extra css stuff to work darn.

SpoonTheMan
    Mega Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #776 on: January 07, 2014, 10:54:43 PM »

im sure some people who aren't afraid of a little swearing and sucky editing will appreciate this.

lol XD

Sammi Husky
    Lol Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #777 on: January 07, 2014, 10:57:53 PM »

BrawlEx CSP's and CSS icons [tutorial]

lol XD

it's actually a lil funny looking back through it hah xD
    « Last Edit: January 07, 2014, 11:00:45 PM by sammi-husky » Logged

ToadKart
    Hyper Kitten

• Awards Ceiling Cat

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #778 on: January 07, 2014, 11:38:46 PM »

replace the bx_fighter.rel with one from the newest version of the brawlEx download unless your using a modified/repacked iso and loading it that way. its in core files under modules.

That changed the clone icons to all Marios and it still froze entering the SSS. So I've tried the bx_fighter.rel found in v1.1.2.0, ASF's pack, and the newest version of the brawlEx download and all have frozen. I can usually figure out freezes, but I haven't had much time to look into the Clone Engine yet and just wanted to try it out using a pack, but I can't even get that to work. 

I'm loading Gecko OS through the stage builder if that info is of use.

WintersAssassin
    Advanced Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #779 on: January 08, 2014, 12:01:25 AM »

IT WORKED IT WORKED HUZZAH HOORAH HOORAY. Thank you soooo much Sammi-Husky I finally got the CSS and CSPs to work thanks to your guide. I think the file size limit was what was biting me so harshly before. Man your guides do wonders. Thanks again~!

Pages:  1 ... 49 50 51 [52] 53 54 55 ... 590
    Print
    Jump to: