Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Pages:  1 ... 512 513 514 [515] 516 517 518 ... 590
Author Topic: The Brawl Expansion Project  (Read 2827620 times)
Steam/SSBB Guy
Extreme Kitten

• Awards Tutorial Writer

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #7710 on: January 01, 2015, 08:51:24 PM »

Ok, this is where I got stuck Where/How do I open the SlotConfig Files?
    You open it in a Hex Editor like HxD.

Prevention
    Newbie Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #7711 on: January 01, 2015, 09:07:45 PM »

Original                                           0B 0C <-- Offset
    53 4C 54 43 00 00 00 30 00 00 00 01 00 00 00 00
    00 00 00 0E 00 00 00 0D FF FF  FF FF  FF FF  FF FF
    00 00 28 4B 0D CC CC CC CC CC CC CC CC CC CC CC

Edited                                              0B 0C <-- Offset
    53 4C 54 43 00 00 00 30 00 00 00 00 01 00 00 00
    00 00 00 3F 00 00 00 40 FF FF  FF FF  FF FF  FF FF

Like This? Sorry I'm a noob just trying to see if it's correct and that's how it's done.

« Last Edit: January 01, 2015, 09:08:44 PM by Prevention » Logged

leondanny56
    Mega Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #7712 on: January 01, 2015, 09:11:52 PM »

PhantomWings i noticed you uploaded some more modules and even updated brawlex good job,
    but unfortunately most of the modules you uploaded were for transforming characters, i know alot of people waned them but if i can make a suggestion for the next update if you could just add the module for every character that woul be a perfect update, but i do understand that that is a big task so i do appreciate what you've done.

also seeing that they're still some brawlex modules that haven't been made yet, i was wondering if you could suggest some modules that are already available for my characters the main ones i need are a falco module for silver over falco,
    wario module for wario man texture over wario, a luigi module for my ice luigi over luigi, a ice climber module for rosilina and luma over ice climbers, and a fox module for my super fox over fox.

i'm not asking you to make theese modules but i'm just asking you if you know of any other brawlex modules that are already available that i could use instead like how for instance how lucas's module can be used for ness.

because if it's a matter of what articles getting loaded that determine which modules can be used, i already know how to remove articles in psa or brawlbox v0.68b.

so any secondary module suggestions would be helpful.

quote from Nepgear: i can do many things, just nothing particularly well.

HaloFanODST
    Holy Kitten

• Awards Hey! Listen! Good Citizen Heart Container

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #7713 on: January 01, 2015, 09:42:47 PM »

I don't get the "per color Final Smash" concept.

Before someone attacks me:
    No, I won't say/accept the term "American" to refer exclusively to people or things from the United States.
    America is a continent and deal with it.
    I'm an American, but not necessarily from the U.S.

leondanny56
    Mega Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #7714 on: January 01, 2015, 10:02:00 PM »

umm i have a question i know this may have been answered but i just tried using phantomwings updat to the config utility with
    my cssroster.dat and it still only goes up to 100 characters isn't it suppose to go to 128?
    or did i misunderstand the read me?

Lillith
    Heroic Kitten

Resident Lunatic & Fox Fanatic

• Awards Ceiling Cat Star Hacker RAGE!! Tutorial Writer

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #7715 on: January 01, 2015, 10:05:41 PM »

umm i have a question i know this may have been answered but i just tried using phantomwings updat to the config utility with
    my cssroster.dat and it still only goes up to 100 characters isn't it suppose to go to 128?
    or did i misunderstand the read me?
    You can have up to 128 characters, including boss slots and such, but can only show 100 slots in the select screen.

I still talk to myself! If anyone wants to use anything I've done, feel free to! But do tell me where you use it, I want to see the finished product!

leondanny56
    Mega Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #7716 on: January 01, 2015, 10:12:34 PM »

You can have up to 128 characters, including boss slots and such, but can only show 100 slots in the select screen.

thanks Kitsu-chan that's just what i wanted to know.

secretchaos1
    Extreme Kitten

Well, I don't want to leave this blank

• Awards Star Hacker >9000 Featured Shadow the Pinhog

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #7717 on: January 01, 2015, 10:15:28 PM »

I don't get the "per color Final Smash" concept.

The FitCharacterFinal.pac file for each costume is unique, like pokemon trainer's. So for example if I had a costume for Shadow over my Sonic slot I could have his final smash actually use a model for Super Shadow instead of Super Sonic, while still having the base Sonic costume use the Super Sonic model. That's the simplest practical example that comes to mind.

Ebola16
    Importer of Dreams
    Boss Kitten

Brawl R&D // Dolphin Emulator Dev

• Awards Famous Hacker Super Saiyan Topic Sniper Pin Collector

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #7718 on: January 01, 2015, 10:17:14 PM »

Three things:
    1. Is there a way to disable the "Ready to Fight" bar on the CSS? I can make it invisible with a code, but it still interferes with the bottom row of my CSS.

Giga Bowser (as well as Wario Man) are slightly different in that they are actually loading different characters. Typically, when a character transforms, they carry their color flag over (i.e. Red Zelda will transform into Red Sheik). However, both Giga Bowser and Wario Man have been configured to only have one available color - FitGKoopa00.pac and WarioMan00.pac. Because of this configuration, even if you are playing as Red Bowser, you will still get the regular Giga Bowser. I haven't tested this personally, but if you were to configure Giga Bowser to have additional colors (FitGKoopa01.pac FitGKoopa02.pac etc...) then he should load up the appropriate color for whichever color you're playing.
    2. I checked GKoopa's color 00 and 01 flags in his fighter config. I then played with Bowser and set his final smash to multiple. GKoopa00 would always be loaded for the final smash, so I think something else is missing.

3. In BrawlExCongifUtility, what does setting the final smash to "foxonly" do?

Thank you PhantomWings!

Brawlex Advancements (Supplement to the Brawlex thread's original post)
    I use RSBE Brawlex v2.0.0.0 Extended, Win 10, and 3ds Max (3ds Max Guide). Refresh to see my imports!

HaloFanODST
    Holy Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #7719 on: January 01, 2015, 10:19:40 PM »

The FitCharacterFinal.pac file for each costume is unique, like pokemon trainer's. So for example if I had a costume for Shadow over my Sonic slot I could have his final smash actually use a model for Super Shadow instead of Super Sonic, while still having the base Sonic costume use the Super Sonic model. That's the simplest practical example that comes to mind.

May I have a further explanation please? I sort of got it, but I still have the doubt.

Are all characters able for that or not?
    And I never knew that Pokemon Trainer had something like that.

No, I won't say/accept the term "American" to refer exclusively to people or things from the United States.

PhantomWings
    Mega Kitten

• Awards Super Saiyan Topic Featured

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #7720 on: January 01, 2015, 11:41:42 PM »

Original                                           0B 0C <-- Offset
    53 4C 54 43 00 00 00 30 00 00 00 01 00 00 00 00
    00 00 00 0E 00 00 00 0D FF FF  FF FF  FF FF  FF FF

Edited                                              0B 0C <-- Offset
    53 4C 54 43 00 00 00 30 00 00 00 00 01 00 00 00
    00 00 00 3F 00 00 00 40 FF FF  FF FF  FF FF  FF FF
    Like This? Sorry I'm a noob just trying to see if it's correct and that's how it's done.

You're close. Your Edit Flags value needs to be further to the right:

Code:
    53 4C 54 43 00 00 00 30 00 00 00 01 00 00 00 01
    00 00 00 3F 00 00 00 40 FF FF  FF FF  FF FF  FF FF

Also, it looks like you're still using version 1 of the BX Clone Engine. I'd advise updating to version 2 as it fixes a bug that causes transforming clone characters to keep their old battle portrait.

PhantomWings i noticed you uploaded some more modules and even updated brawlex good job,
    but unfortunately most of the modules you uploaded were for transforming characters, i know alot of people waned them but if i can make a suggestion for the next update if you could just add the module for every character that woul be a perfect update, but i do understand that that is a big task so i do appreciate what you've done.

also seeing that they're still some brawlex modules that haven't been made yet, i was wondering if you could suggest some modules that are already available for my characters the main ones i need are a falco module for silver over falco,
    wario module for wario man texture over wario, a luigi module for my ice luigi over luigi, a ice climber module for rosilina and luma over ice climbers, and a fox module for my super fox over fox.

i'm not asking you to make theese modules but i'm just asking you if you know of any other brawlex modules that are already available that i could use instead like how for instance how lucas's module can be used for ness.

because if it's a matter of what articles getting loaded that determine which modules can be used, i already know how to remove articles in psa or brawlbox v0.68b.

so any secondary module suggestions would be helpful.

I'll do what I can. But these modules take a lot of work and a lot of time. A lot of the issues for characters go deeper than just their PSA moveset. I actually had a Wario/Wario Man module in the works, but I ran into some troubles with his WarioBike that was causing the game to crash when the game even tried to load him into the game. These kinds of issues take a long time to resolve, so I wasn't able to have him ready in time for this release.

Three things:
    1. Is there a way to disable the "Ready to Fight" bar on the CSS? I can make it invisible with a code, but it still interferes with the bottom row of my CSS.
    2. I checked GKoopa's color 00 and 01 flags in his fighter config. I then played with Bowser and set his final smash to multiple. GKoopa00 would always be loaded for the final smash, so I think something else is missing.

3. In BrawlExCongifUtility, what does setting the final smash to "foxonly" do?

Thank you PhantomWings!

1. It's been a while since I've looked at the CSS, so I don't know any readily available way to remove the Ready to Fighter bar. Perhaps you could accomplish something by moving some bones around in BrawlBox.

2. Okay, thanks for testing that theory for me anyways. I guess it's something to do with Bowser's module and the transformation call that gets invoked when he uses his Final Smash. I'll see about looking into it if I find the time.

3. The FoxOnly option does pretty much what it says: It makes the Final Smash resource file for that character use Fox/FitFoxFinal.pac. This is mainly here for compatibility as Falco's Final Smash won't work without it.

May I have a further explanation please? I sort of got it, but I still have the doubt.

Are all characters able for that or not?
    And I never knew that Pokemon Trainer had something like that.

Yes, with the release of the latest BrawlEx version, this can now be done with any character of your choice. Just open the character's Fighter Config file and set their Final Smash resource type to Multiple. It works the same way as how you can have a different colored Kirby had for each of a character's colors.

HaloFanODST
    Holy Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #7721 on: January 01, 2015, 11:55:14 PM »

Yes, with the release of the latest BrawlEx version, this can now be done with any character of your choice. Just open the character's Fighter Config file and set their Final Smash resource type to Multiple. It works the same way as how you can have a different colored Kirby had for each of a character's colors.

So we can have different Final Smashes for every single color slot?
    Or do we have some restrictions?

Ebola16
    Importer of Dreams
    Boss Kitten

Brawl R&D // Dolphin Emulator Dev

• Awards Famous Hacker Super Saiyan Topic Sniper Pin Collector

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #7722 on: January 02, 2015, 12:51:24 AM »

1. It's been a while since I've looked at the CSS, so I don't know any readily available way to remove the Ready to Fighter bar. Perhaps you could accomplish something by moving some bones around in BrawlBox.

Editing the bones of the CSS to move "Ready to Fight" far away wasn't working. And then I looked in the animations... Now I know how to REALLY get "Ready to Fight" off the screen.
    In sc_selcharacter.pac: MiscData[30] -> AnmChr(NW4R) change all MenSelchrReady_TopN_* keyframes to something large (like Y translation of 200).
    If anybody else wants to do this, download this (http://www.mediafire.com/download/zxaoqy20pzwxdgp/MenSelchrReady_TopN__X.chr0) and replace all MenSelchrReady_TopN_* with it.

Also, the Alternate File Loader still works with Brawlex 2.0.0.0 stable! If you don't know what that is see this: http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=72440.msg1319806#msg1319806

Brawlex Advancements (Supplement to the Brawlex thread's original post)
    I use RSBE Brawlex v2.0.0.0 Extended, Win 10, and 3ds Max (3ds Max Guide). Refresh to see my imports!

Shiro_Neku
    Advanced Kitten

Steel knows no fear. Steel knows no doubt.

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #7723 on: January 02, 2015, 12:54:51 AM »

So we can have different Final Smashes for every single color slot?
    Or do we have some restrictions?
    The only restrictions as far as I know are that the Fit__Final.pac need to have some sort of model/textures that could be change, for example Sonic have the Super Sonic model in its Final.pac and you could make that in certain slots Hyper Sonic or another recolor to appear only in that slot.
    The only character that I know that have a model in the their Final.pac are: Captain Falcon (Blue Falcon), Fox/Falco (Landmaster), Ganon (Beast Ganon), Kirby (his giant pot & frying pan), Ike (Great Aether textures), Link/Toon Link (Trifoce), Mario (the fireball), Marth (critical hit textures, HP box model), Peach (Peach drawings), Olimar (his spaceship), Pit (Palutena image, soldiers), Pokemon Trainer (models/textures used when using triple finish), Ice Climbers (the iceberg), Zelda/Sheik (their bow), Snake (the weapon, stairs, etc), Sonic (Super Sonic), Wolf (landmaster).
    Of course I haven't test them all, the only that I know for sure that work are Snake, Link, Sonic, Ganon and of course Pokemon Trainer.

I also test Bowser but I couldn't make him use different colors when transforming, I know the files are how they need to be because I use the same files for cloning a Giga Bowser alone clone and it give him multiple colors. I also try giving one character 2 sets of team colors but it didn't work even when giving him the corresponding team colors for 2 of his model files.

Prevention
    Newbie Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #7724 on: January 02, 2015, 02:33:27 AM »

Also, it looks like you're still using version 1 of the BX Clone Engine. I'd advise updating to version 2 as it fixes a bug that causes transforming clone characters to keep their old battle portrait.

Yea, I was using Version 1 B/c of the first guide video, was trying to make sure I did everything correctly and had everything in order until I ran into a/this problem to do the Zelda-Sheik Clone which I couldn't do. I mean Everything did load on Version 1 since I made her 3F ect... but after It tried to load up a stage it froze and I knew I was doing something wrong but couldn't find the answer. Now I'm using Version 2 and i re-did everything you said with Zelda and Sheik Everything finally worked. Thank you very much! for the explanation was trying to look everywhere on how to do it for 2 straight days.

Also when I transform from Zelda(Main) to Sheik or Sheik(Main) to Zelda There's no sound on their Secondary transformation How will i go about to fix this? (If anyone knows please, Thanks!)

Again, Thanks for the Explanation, Zelda/Sheik are one of my favorite and it was Killing me that I kept Failing to get them on and have some Custom Skins for them, But now I can, It's like a huge relief, Since Im on vacation I literally spent a straight 2 whole days sitting on my chair being on my laptop trying to find the answer and trying any way that I can think of from the info I've searched and nothing was working lol, felt like I would never find the answer and that my only way of playing a custom Sheik or Zelda is through Brawl+ that they already had. Now I can Finally relax and Enjoy.
    - Just showing how thankful I am for this =)

Pages:  1 ... 512 513 514 [515] 516 517 518 ... 590
    Print
    Jump to: