Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Pages:  1 ... 50 51 52 [53] 54 55 56 ... 590
Author Topic: The Brawl Expansion Project  (Read 2843439 times)
Sammi Husky
Lol Kitten

• Awards Fiery Topic Renowned Hacker >9000 King for a Day

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #780 on: January 08, 2014, 12:19:16 AM »

IT WORKED IT WORKED HUZZAH HOORAH HOORAY. Thank you soooo much Sammi-Husky I finally got the CSS and CSPs to work thanks to your guide. I think the file size limit was what was biting me so harshly before. Man your guides do wonders. Thanks again~!

yaayy im glad you got it to work! Smiley lol

That changed the clone icons to all Marios and it still froze entering the SSS. So I've tried the bx_fighter.rel found in v1.1.2.0, ASF's pack, and the newest version of the brawlEx download and all have frozen. I can usually figure out freezes, but I haven't had much time to look into the Clone Engine yet and just wanted to try it out using a pack, but I can't even get that to work. 

I'm loading Gecko OS through the stage builder if that info is of use.
    you may want to try this pack, its only the bare minimum for BrawlEx to load and work. if your still having trouble, experiment with the hooktypes.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/zl3i7zyn3vdr08y/Sdcard.zip

somethin i encourage everyone to do, is see if they can get dolphin running with the game. if there is any conflicts, the dolphin log will show it. in which case you can post it here and either me, PW, or someone else will try to make something of it.

i explain in the brawl minus tutorial how to get Dolphin working with Gecko, so in case anybody wants to try that, watch that video.

Hosernaut
    Mega Kitten

• Awards Hot Topic

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #781 on: January 08, 2014, 01:01:31 AM »

I haven't tried out your new tutorial yet, but I want to say thanks in advance. Over the past few days you've helped make a confusing process into a simple process for all of us. I'm sure I speak for everyone when I say we appreciate it.

And the same goes to Phantom Wings, Eternal Yoshi, ASF1nk, and everyone else who made this possible (and simple). Your hard work is loved. Cheesy
    « Last Edit: January 08, 2014, 01:02:33 AM by Hosernaut » Logged

Currently taking Stock Icon requests.
    In need of an animator for a few moves for my PSA. PM me if interested.

Sammi Husky
    Lol Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #782 on: January 08, 2014, 01:13:05 AM »

I haven't tried out your new tutorial yet, but I want to say thanks in advance. Over the past few days you've helped make a confusing process into a simple process for all of us. I'm sure I speak for everyone when I say we appreciate it.

And the same goes to Phantom Wings, Eternal Yoshi, ASF1nk, and everyone else who made this possible (and simple). Your hard work is loved. Cheesy

Thanks, im glad that for the first time actually recording / making tutorials that it actually helped everyone  Kirby Dance

i also wanna thank Phantom wings, eternal yoshi, ASF1nk, Dantarion, Blackjax, and all the other developers in the community. i dont think i had a chance to properly thank them for all their hard work

as more things become clear with the engine, i will probably make more videos, and be here as support for anyone who needs it.

CAN'T WAIT for the updates for this beast xD im having this much fun, and i can't even make transforming chars yet

Hosernaut
    Mega Kitten

• Awards Hot Topic

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #783 on: January 08, 2014, 03:10:35 AM »

After doing your tutorial (and succeeding), I looked back into ASF1nk's pack, and figured out how to add the custom CSP names and icons.

It's the exact same process as adding the CSS icons, but in MenSelchrCname4_TopN__0, for both Card010 and Card011. The new file needs to correspond with the name of the CSP name image, obviously. For game icons, it's MenSelchrCmark4_TopN__0.

These are both in MiscData[30], about 8 lines above MenSelchrFaceA_TopN__0

Edit: I'm looking into BPs right now. It looks like you need to edit pf/info/Info.brres. Once again it's the AnmTexPat(NW4R) folder.
    It looks like InfFace_TopN__0 probably controls the BPs, and InfMark_TopN__0 probably controls the franchise icons in battle.

Edit 2: InfFace_TopN__0 does change the BPs, but not the names under the BPs.

Edit 3: for changing the names, you need to edit pf/info2/info.pac under InfFace_TopN__0

Edit 4: Franchise icons require some Hex editing. I gotta figure out where exactly.
    « Last Edit: January 08, 2014, 03:50:42 AM by Hosernaut » Logged

OmegaS3
    Texture/PSA Master
    Extreme Kitten

Legends never die!

• Awards Starstormer Famous Hacker KCMM Veteran Hot Topic

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #784 on: January 08, 2014, 05:18:08 AM »

I finally fully understand this. I have everything down but one thing. How do I get rid of the problem with the random icon looking like my last CSP?

Hosernaut
    Mega Kitten

• Awards Hot Topic

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #785 on: January 08, 2014, 05:38:21 AM »

That happened to me earlier. I'm not exactly sure what fixed it, but these were the edits I made:

make sure your new file in MenSelchrFaceA_TopN__0 through MenSelchrFaceI_TopN__0 is below the file MenSelchrChrFace.051in Face2, and below MenSelchrChrNmS.000 in Face6. Make sure the frame count is the same number as the last file +1 on the end.

In char_bust_tex_lz77, make sure your new MiscData is after MiscData[46] (don't ask why mine was before it, I don't know)

Doing these things solved that problem for me.

OmegaS3
    Texture/PSA Master
    Extreme Kitten

Legends never die!

• Awards Starstormer Famous Hacker KCMM Veteran Hot Topic

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #786 on: January 08, 2014, 05:45:46 AM »

That happened to me earlier. I'm not exactly sure what fixed it, but these were the edits I made:

make sure your new file in MenSelchrFaceA_TopN__0 through MenSelchrFaceI_TopN__0 is below the file MenSelchrChrFace.051in Face2, and below MenSelchrChrNmS.000 in Face6. Make sure the frame count is the same number as the last file +1 on the end.

In char_bust_tex_lz77, make sure your new MiscData is after MiscData[46] (don't ask why mine was before it, I don't know)

Doing these things solved that problem for me.
    Thanks brah. Got my problem fixed. Appreciate the help.

pikazz
    Heroic Kitten

Machinimator!

• Awards Renowned Hacker Pin Collector Good Citizen Helping Hand

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #787 on: January 08, 2014, 10:32:38 AM »

okay, everytime I travel somewhere in few days, something groundbreaking like this happens!

I know stuff like this is only for NTCS but how much differents is it between the PAL BrawlEx clone dat/rel files? cause I was thinking I might port the stuff to PAL if someone teach me whats diffirent between original rel and a BrawlEx rel

*looking at PW at this moment*

Stupid Tinypic :C

WintersAssassin
    Advanced Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #788 on: January 08, 2014, 11:00:13 AM »

Okay I'm getting dolphin just for bug testing I dunno how well it'll run on my computer but I'm not really going to play games on it. After I got passed the CSS bug now it freezes when I select a level. Either that or it takes more than 5 minutes to load which I don't think is the case.

Sammi Husky
    Lol Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #789 on: January 08, 2014, 11:50:04 AM »

Okay I'm getting dolphin just for bug testing I dunno how well it'll run on my computer but I'm not really going to play games on it. After I got passed the CSS bug now it freezes when I select a level. Either that or it takes more than 5 minutes to load which I don't think is the case.

in dolphin, the level does take quite a while to load, even on my 700 dollar comp, so you may have to wait a while. if you go to the toolbar and hit 'view' select the log for me.

then, when the game freezes, post your log here for me, so i can take a look. make sure you post enough of the log so i can see when you selected your characters. or just PM the whole thing.

okay, everytime I travel somewhere in few days, something groundbreaking like this happens!

I know stuff like this is only for NTCS but how much differents is it between the PAL BrawlEx clone dat/rel files? cause I was thinking I might port the stuff to PAL if someone teach me whats diffirent between original rel and a BrawlEx rel

*looking at PW at this moment*

These rels work similarly to his previous plug&play modules. except some stuff that was handled by the modules before, is now handled by BrawlEx. im not too sure what you would need to do to port this to pal...you may need PW to answer that for ya :p
    After doing your tutorial (and succeeding), I looked back into ASF1nk's pack, and figured out how to add the custom CSP names and icons.

It's the exact same process as adding the CSS icons, but in MenSelchrCname4_TopN__0, for both Card010 and Card011. The new file needs to correspond with the name of the CSP name image, obviously. For game icons, it's MenSelchrCmark4_TopN__0.

These are both in MiscData[30], about 8 lines above MenSelchrFaceA_TopN__0

Edit: I'm looking into BPs right now. It looks like you need to edit pf/info/Info.brres. Once again it's the AnmTexPat(NW4R) folder.
    It looks like InfFace_TopN__0 probably controls the BPs, and InfMark_TopN__0 probably controls the franchise icons in battle.

Edit 2: InfFace_TopN__0 does change the BPs, but not the names under the BPs.

Edit 3: for changing the names, you need to edit pf/info2/info.pac under InfFace_TopN__0

Edit 4: Franchise icons require some Hex editing. I gotta figure out where exactly.

yep, that was the stuff that you can hear me say 'you know what im not gonna show you guys this yet because...i haven't tested it yet' in the tut lol.

twas gonna make a future one for that

pikazz
    Heroic Kitten

Machinimator!

• Awards Renowned Hacker Pin Collector Good Citizen Helping Hand

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #790 on: January 08, 2014, 12:22:46 PM »

These rels work similarly to his previous plug&play modules. except some stuff that was handled by the modules before, is now handled by BrawlEx. im not too sure what you would need to do to port this to pal...you may need PW to answer that for ya :p

I know cause I ported his lucario P&P module, but I want to know from him is anything is new or something like that

Stupid Tinypic :C

WintersAssassin
    Advanced Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #791 on: January 08, 2014, 12:47:34 PM »

in dolphin, the level does take quite a while to load, even on my 700 dollar comp, so you may have to wait a while. if you go to the toolbar and hit 'view' select the log for me.

then, when the game freezes, post your log here for me, so i can take a look. make sure you post enough of the log so i can see when you selected your characters. or just PM the whole thing.

I'm doing it by console and I assume it's freezing though the game startup time on console doesn't seem to be any longer with the clone code, once I get dolphin set up I'll be sure to note you the report. I suspect it may be something releated to the CSPs, since I can change the cosmetic ID back to Marth and it loads fine. I just hope the error shows up in Dolphin or else I'd be out of luck and it's sooooo close to working.

Sammi Husky
    Lol Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #792 on: January 08, 2014, 12:52:06 PM »

I'm doing it by console and I assume it's freezing though the game startup time on console doesn't seem to be any longer with the clone code, once I get dolphin set up I'll be sure to note you the report. I suspect it may be something releated to the CSPs, since I can change the cosmetic ID back to Marth and it loads fine. I just hope the error shows up in Dolphin or else I'd be out of luck and it's sooooo close to working.

in that case, its more then likely the csp stuff. nevertheless, dolphin should shed light on the situation Tongue

Hosernaut
    Mega Kitten

• Awards Hot Topic

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #793 on: January 08, 2014, 01:10:36 PM »

yep, that was the stuff that you can hear me say 'you know what im not gonna show you guys this yet because...i haven't tested it yet' in the tut lol.

twas gonna make a future one for that

You should still make one for everyone else. I've tested it all, and it works fine. The only thing I haven't done is figure out where to hex in the franchise icon, but that's only because I haven't looked yet.

Sammi Husky
    Lol Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #794 on: January 08, 2014, 01:34:39 PM »

You should still make one for everyone else. I've tested it all, and it works fine. The only thing I haven't done is figure out where to hex in the franchise icon, but that's only because I haven't looked yet.

i'm probably going to make it today, before my interwebs gets turned off within the next couple days. in which case i will still be here to answer questions VIA my phone's data, but cant upload / download files for you guys :/

Pages:  1 ... 50 51 52 [53] 54 55 56 ... 590
    Print
    Jump to: