Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Pages:  1 ... 532 533 534 [535] 536 537 538 ... 590
Author Topic: The Brawl Expansion Project  (Read 1530510 times)
ASF1nk
HAX PRODIGY
Brawl Vault Staff

• Awards >9000 Star Hacker Heart Container Pin Collector KCMM 2012 Awards Winner

• View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #8010 on: April 16, 2015, 12:35:50 AM »

Had a go at it: common3.pac

Set them to load from /private/wii/app/rsbe/pf/CSP/cs_texXXX.brres

should work Tongue

Keizer Organa
    Expert Kitten

King of the Monsters

View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #8011 on: April 16, 2015, 12:52:37 AM »

Well, I decided to make a Lucario clone (it's Beerus from Battle of Gods). So here's what's going on.

I have the BrawlEx .rel that exists for Lucario (as well as the regular one).   I used the BrawlEx one first for the clone. I start up the game and go to select Beerus. Once I select my clone, the game crashes. So I use the regular .rel for Beerus and I'm able to get further this time. However, when I start a match, the game crashes.

I've tried everything I know to do and this is surprisingly my first time cloning. Is there something I am doing wrong? Please do tell me.

EDIT1: It seems I am being ignored when I clearly need help....-.-
    « Last Edit: April 16, 2015, 10:24:31 AM by Keizer Ghidorah » Logged

We need more Godzilla mods in Smash in general.

Power Marshall
    -JDeLL~
    Special Access

• Awards Heart Container Dedicated Hacker Tutorial Writer Active Contributor

« Reply #8012 on: April 16, 2015, 06:23:33 AM »

Had a go at it: common3.pac

Set them to load from /private/wii/app/rsbe/pf/CSP/cs_texXXX.brres

should work Tongue

Heh, well you certainly did better than I did, as it at least booted correctly, and I got to the menu! Tongue

However, it crashes as soon as I selected for the CSS (Classic/ Practice/ BRAWL!, etc.)
    Have you tested it on, maybe, dolphin or such?

Want to learn about my new project? Click here!
    Updated 1/18

Doqtor Kirby
    Extreme Kitten

Coconut is best Neko.

• Awards Ceiling Cat

« Reply #8013 on: April 16, 2015, 09:11:53 AM »

Is there any tutorial to migrate to BX v2?
    1. Copy core files to SD card
    2. Play

Although you may want to update your configs.

secretchaos1
    Extreme Kitten

Well, I don't want to leave this blank

• Awards Renowned Hacker >9000 Featured Shadow the Pinhog

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #8014 on: April 16, 2015, 10:30:04 AM »

Well, I decided to make a Lucario clone (it's Beerus from Battle of Gods). So here's what's going on.

I have the BrawlEx .rel that exists for Lucario (as well as the regular one).   I used the BrawlEx one first for the clone. I start up the game and go to select Beerus. Once I select my clone, the game crashes. So I use the regular .rel for Beerus and I'm able to get further this time. However, when I start a match, the game crashes.

I've tried everything I know to do and this is surprisingly my first time cloning. Is there something I am doing wrong? Please do tell me.

EDIT1: It seems I am being ignored when I clearly need help....-.-
    Sometimes people won't respond if they don't know the answer to your question. Things are less active here as of late too so patience is a must.

You might wanna check your battle portraits, if they're incorrectly named or placed the game will crash before it has a chance to load them. If it's a silent crash you're missing a required file. If the base character (Lucario I'm assuming in this instance) has anything that the clone character didn't come packaged with (Entry, Final smash, etc) make sure to copy it from the original character's files and slap them in there renamed to your clone (You can find all the original files under the resources page at the top of the site).

ASF1nk
    HAX PRODIGY
    Brawl Vault Staff

• Awards >9000 Star Hacker Heart Container Pin Collector KCMM 2012 Awards Winner

« Reply #8015 on: April 16, 2015, 11:30:33 AM »

Heh, well you certainly did better than I did, as it at least booted correctly, and I got to the menu! Tongue

However, it crashes as soon as I selected for the CSS (Classic/ Practice/ BRAWL!, etc.)
    Have you tested it on, maybe, dolphin or such?

I tested it on both Dolphin and the Wii. It works fine.
    It's probably your CSS.

Also make sure to name the bress correctly "cs_tex000.brres" for Mario for example and to set the compression to none.

The slow loading of the CSPs is pretty noticeable on the Wii. Has to do with the loading of files every time you change a costume. Maybe files could be made to load right before entering the SSS or right before starting the match...idk...

Power Marshall
    -JDeLL~
    Special Access

« Reply #8016 on: April 16, 2015, 11:46:08 AM »

Really? Because I removed my menu2 folder and it still didn't work. Are you using the Roster.dat or Custom CSS code?

Updated 1/18

ASF1nk
    HAX PRODIGY
    Brawl Vault Staff

« Reply #8017 on: April 16, 2015, 11:51:04 AM »

neither.

What about a common5.pac?

Power Marshall
    -JDeLL~
    Special Access

« Reply #8018 on: April 16, 2015, 11:59:13 AM »

neither.

What about a common5.pac?

I don't have one. Maybe I should? I just don't know what's the difference between the common5.pac and the menu2 folder if they have the same resources.

The thing I noticed is that common5 is loaded pretty much on boot and can't be refreshed, while menu2 can be changed on the fly by reloading its files.

Updated 1/18

ASF1nk
    HAX PRODIGY
    Brawl Vault Staff

« Reply #8019 on: April 16, 2015, 12:05:02 PM »

The only thing I have is the FilePatch code, Mario's cs_tex000.bress on the CSP folder, and my own sc_selcharacter.pac from which I deleted Mario's CSPs for testing.

Maybe check the log on dolphin; it might tell you something.

Power Marshall
    -JDeLL~
    Special Access

« Reply #8020 on: April 16, 2015, 12:26:13 PM »

Oh, I don't use dolphin. My cpu is old lol, but I did what you did and moved every file out of the way aside from the CSP folder and system3. I unchecked every code aside from the patch code, and the SDHC extension (cause I need it lol) and it still crashed. I'm sure it doesn't matter what patch code you're using. You're probably using the latest, right?

Updated 1/18

Keizer Organa
    Expert Kitten

King of the Monsters

View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #8021 on: April 16, 2015, 12:37:05 PM »

Sometimes people won't respond if they don't know the answer to your question. Things are less active here as of late too so patience is a must.

You might wanna check your battle portraits, if they're incorrectly named or placed the game will crash before it has a chance to load them. If it's a silent crash you're missing a required file. If the base character (Lucario I'm assuming in this instance) has anything that the clone character didn't come packaged with (Entry, Final smash, etc) make sure to copy it from the original character's files and slap them in there renamed to your clone (You can find all the original files under the resources page at the top of the site).
    Sorry about that.

Well, I check my BP (it's named correctly), so I don't think that's the problem.

I think I have located the problem: the Lucario files in the Data Partition are missing the FitLucarioFake and FitLucarioEntry files. Unless they are not part of it; otherwise everything is accounted for.

EDIT1: I checked the Mewtwo files within Project M, and they don't seem to have those files. Therefore, I think my file placement is accounted for, yet it continues to crash my game.

We need more Godzilla mods in Smash in general.

ASF1nk
    HAX PRODIGY
    Brawl Vault Staff

« Reply #8022 on: April 16, 2015, 12:43:07 PM »

Try this one: common3.pac

RedipsTheCooler
    Expert Kitten

GUVKING HAPPY

• Awards Favorite'd

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #8023 on: April 16, 2015, 01:18:02 PM »

Can anyone help me? I'm not really sure how to use the new brawlex css expansion. I'm trying to have the cosmetics for slot 147 load through the sd card (to save space in sc_selcharacter.pac), but i'm not sure how to format it. I tried cs_tex147.brres, but that didn't work. I just don't understand how.

ASF1nk
    HAX PRODIGY
    Brawl Vault Staff

« Reply #8024 on: April 16, 2015, 01:39:24 PM »

Can anyone help me? I'm not really sure how to use the new brawlex css expansion. I'm trying to have the cosmetics for slot 147 load through the sd card (to save space in sc_selcharacter.pac), but i'm not sure how to format it. I tried cs_tex147.brres, but that didn't work. I just don't understand how.
    What exactly happens?
    Did you put the .bress in the correct file path?
    Did you change the compression to "None"?

Pages:  1 ... 532 533 534 [535] 536 537 538 ... 590
    Print
    Jump to: