Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Pages:  1 ... 541 542 543 [544] 545 546 547 ... 590
Author Topic: The Brawl Expansion Project  (Read 2837326 times)
Nebulon
Holy Kitten

• Awards Tutorial Writer Super Saiyan Topic Dedicated Hacker Heart Container

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #8145 on: August 07, 2015, 10:12:06 AM »

Oh yes, it does there too. If anyone wants to test, this code will always cause Mr. Resetti to appear from an assist trophy:
    4A000000 90180F08
    14000054 00040000
    E0000000 80008000

Is there a code to just remove him?

Yeah, we need to get the ability to make more Mr.Ressetti lines for ex characters or one like what Nintendo did with Pits codecs with DLC fighters. Anyway I've been gone a long time so anything happen recently?

I think what we've got is what we'll get. I think interest in Ex development has passed. 

Want to talk about my pack? Let's take it over here to the Brawl 4 All thread: http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=71453.msg1306822#msg1306822

ToadKart
    Hyper Kitten

• Awards Ceiling Cat

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #8146 on: August 07, 2015, 12:29:36 PM »

Aww, we still need a stage expansion. Sad

✦Dylan✦
    Holocaust Mastermind
    Extreme Kitten

Inactive, wont be returning

• Awards Tutorial Writer Active Contributor RAGE!!

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #8147 on: August 07, 2015, 02:39:45 PM »

I think what we've got is what we'll get. I think interest in Ex development has passed. 
    Really!? This is amazing! This is always going to interest me. If I knew how to I'd continue this myself!

secretchaos1
    Extreme Kitten

Well, I don't want to leave this blank

• Awards Star Hacker >9000 Featured Shadow the Pinhog

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #8148 on: August 07, 2015, 05:36:33 PM »

Oh yes, it does there too. If anyone wants to test, this code will always cause Mr. Resetti to appear from an assist trophy:
    4A000000 90180F08
    14000054 00040000
    E0000000 80008000

Does he crash as soon as he appears? Or when he would go to speak a line that doesn't exist? Would it perhaps be possible to get him to end prematurely in PSA, before he goes to speak any character specific lines?

Ebola16
    Importer of Dreams
    Boss Kitten

Brawl R&D // Dolphin Emulator Dev

• Awards Famous Hacker Super Saiyan Topic Sniper Pin Collector

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #8149 on: August 08, 2015, 08:42:06 AM »

Does he crash as soon as he appears? Or when he would go to speak a line that doesn't exist? Would it perhaps be possible to get him to end prematurely in PSA, before he goes to speak any character specific lines?

He crashes near the beginning of his dialogue, but it varies depending upon which phrases he says. I think a better solution would be creating a code to redirect Resetti to someone else until the problem is fixed. There is a lot of MiscData to go through in ItmResetsanParam.pac.

Brawlex Advancements (Supplement to the Brawlex thread's original post)
    I use RSBE Brawlex v2.0.0.0 Extended, Win 10, and 3ds Max (3ds Max Guide). Refresh to see my imports!

secretchaos1
    Extreme Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #8150 on: August 08, 2015, 05:51:18 PM »

He crashes near the beginning of his dialogue, but it varies depending upon which phrases he says. I think a better solution would be creating a code to redirect Resetti to someone else until the problem is fixed. There is a lot of MiscData to go through in ItmResetsanParam.pac.

Nope, psa worked for me: https://www.mediafire.com/?ejply2u477b4uz3

This Resetti will spawn, climb out of his hole, and then climb right back inside and leave.
    Editing his data in psa seemed to get rid of most of the file, so I had to compare files in hex and do some overwriting to make it happen.

But yeah, I'll put a vault link up shortly for it.

Edit: Oops, I overlooked a tiny detail. If you strike him as soon as he spawns he cuts off the whole thing and starts up his rant anyway. I'm gonna try to do the same thing I did during his entrance and add it to his angry bit when you hit him, I should have an updated version up shortly.

Edit 2: Alright he's fixed now. Not as visually appealing though, I made him vanish as soon as he touches the ground, avoiding any opportunity for getting hit, before the word bubble even shows up. Link is updated.
    « Last Edit: August 08, 2015, 08:45:36 PM by secretchaos1 » Logged

Ebola16
    Importer of Dreams
    Boss Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #8151 on: August 08, 2015, 10:54:31 PM »

Nope, psa worked for me: https://www.mediafire.com/?ejply2u477b4uz3

This Resetti will spawn, climb out of his hole, and then climb right back inside and leave.
    Editing his data in psa seemed to get rid of most of the file, so I had to compare files in hex and do some overwriting to make it happen.

But yeah, I'll put a vault link up shortly for it.

Edit: Oops, I overlooked a tiny detail. If you strike him as soon as he spawns he cuts off the whole thing and starts up his rant anyway. I'm gonna try to do the same thing I did during his entrance and add it to his angry bit when you hit him, I should have an updated version up shortly.

Edit 2: Alright he's fixed now. Not as visually appealing though, I made him vanish as soon as he touches the ground, avoiding any opportunity for getting hit, before the word bubble even shows up. Link is updated.
    I stand corrected. Good job! Resetti will still freeze the game if he is released near the edge of a stage and starts talking while he falls. This is pretty rare though. An actual fix to the Resetti issue should eventually be looked into too.

I use RSBE Brawlex v2.0.0.0 Extended, Win 10, and 3ds Max (3ds Max Guide). Refresh to see my imports!

secretchaos1
    Extreme Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #8152 on: August 08, 2015, 11:54:31 PM »

I stand corrected. Good job! Resetti will still freeze the game if he is released near the edge of a stage and starts talking while he falls. This is pretty rare though. An actual fix to the Resetti issue should eventually be looked into too.
    Oh, I assumed it wouldn't crash since he wouldn't be loading character specific dialogue. I can try and see if I can make him vanish even earlier however.

Edit: Did you test dropping him off the side yourself? His dialogue still comes up but it doesn't crash the game for custom characters, or at least it didn't for me the 3 times I just tested it.
    I tried moving up the Change Action command I used to make him unspawn early but it still only seems to take effect when he hits the ground, so it doesn't seem like I can make it occur any sooner.
    Still better than nothing for now at least.
    « Last Edit: August 09, 2015, 12:48:40 AM by secretchaos1 » Logged

Ebola16
    Importer of Dreams
    Boss Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #8153 on: August 10, 2015, 12:03:45 PM »

Oh, I assumed it wouldn't crash since he wouldn't be loading character specific dialogue. I can try and see if I can make him vanish even earlier however.

Edit: Did you test dropping him off the side yourself? His dialogue still comes up but it doesn't crash the game for custom characters, or at least it didn't for me the 3 times I just tested it.
    I tried moving up the Change Action command I used to make him unspawn early but it still only seems to take effect when he hits the ground, so it doesn't seem like I can make it occur any sooner.
    Still better than nothing for now at least.
    His off-screen dialogue freezes the game too. Freezes at "H-hey". As you said, better than nothing.

secretchaos1
    Extreme Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #8154 on: August 10, 2015, 12:45:07 PM »

Weird, cause I opened him multiple times with just one of my ex fighters in play and I didn't get any crashes. I did slightly modify it and move the Change Action command to occur before he hit the ground, but it didn't seem to take effect in game. Maybe it made more of a change than I could see? Would you be able to test this version and tell me if there's any difference?
    https://www.mediafire.com/?2wlwptxuw0bd6yd

Ebola16
    Importer of Dreams
    Boss Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #8155 on: August 10, 2015, 05:02:43 PM »

Weird, cause I opened him multiple times with just one of my ex fighters in play and I didn't get any crashes. I did slightly modify it and move the Change Action command to occur before he hit the ground, but it didn't seem to take effect in game. Maybe it made more of a change than I could see? Would you be able to test this version and tell me if there's any difference?
    https://www.mediafire.com/?2wlwptxuw0bd6yd
    Tested. The off-screen dialogue still causes a freeze at "H-Hey"

secretchaos1
    Extreme Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #8156 on: August 10, 2015, 05:20:19 PM »

Tested. The off-screen dialogue still causes a freeze at "H-Hey"
    That's strange, he says his whole piece about trying to get rid of him for me and then disappears harmlessly. I've just been doing single player matches with a single brawl ex fighter however. I'll test it a bit more extensively later and see if I can find out why it's not crashing in my situation and see if there's anything I can do to fix it completely.

spiritpyros
    Extreme Kitten

justice will prevail

• Awards >9000 Star Hacker Favorite'd Ninja

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #8157 on: August 11, 2015, 12:57:36 AM »

Does anyone know how to create a solo shiek clone at all? I tried cloning her many times before but have never been successful in any of my attempts to clone her.

TrueStorySeamus
    Newbie Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #8158 on: August 11, 2015, 04:53:14 AM »

I've been trying to get BrawlEx to work; followed all the steps and yet the added character doesn't appear. I believe this is because I'm using a PAL Wii and I need a .gct file that supports that format. So, instead of RSBP01.gct, I need an RSBP01.gct that is compatible with BrawlEx. Any ideas?

Lillith
    Heroic Kitten

Resident Lunatic & Fox Fanatic

• Awards Ceiling Cat Star Hacker RAGE!! Tutorial Writer

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #8159 on: August 11, 2015, 05:24:36 AM »

I've been trying to get BrawlEx to work; followed all the steps and yet the added character doesn't appear. I believe this is because I'm using a PAL Wii and I need a .gct file that supports that format. So, instead of RSBP01.gct, I need an RSBP01.gct that is compatible with BrawlEx. Any ideas?
    Currently BrawlEx doesn't work for PAL, sorry.

I still talk to myself! If anyone wants to use anything I've done, feel free to! But do tell me where you use it, I want to see the finished product!

Pages:  1 ... 541 542 543 [544] 545 546 547 ... 590
    Print
    Jump to: