Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Pages:  1 ... 575 576 577 [578] 579 580 581 ... 588
Author Topic: The Brawl Expansion Project  (Read 1272627 times)
Ebola16
Importer of Dreams
Boss Kitten

Brawl R&D

• Awards Famous Hacker Fiery Topic Pin Collector Heart Container Good Citizen

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #8655 on: July 31, 2016, 11:59:59 AM »

Thanks you guys. My classic mode is messed up due to some other WIP changes so I can't test that. I did test the case of a missing Fighter65.dat and the suggestion in my previous post worked.
    « Last Edit: July 31, 2016, 12:05:22 PM by Ebola16 » Logged

Brawlex Advancements (Supplement to the Brawlex thread's original post)
    I use NTSC-U Brawlex, Win 10, latest Dolphin Dev builds, and 3ds Max 2016 (3ds Max Guide). Refresh and see my imports!

secretchaos1
    Extreme Kitten

Well, I don't want to leave this blank

• Awards Renowned Hacker >9000 Featured Shadow the Pinhog

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #8656 on: July 31, 2016, 12:26:21 PM »

That's cool, I'll end up testing it myself when I get around to setting it up any how. Awesome find, man!

Unit
    Advanced Kitten

Popping in here and there.

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #8657 on: August 02, 2016, 11:44:19 AM »

I have a few questions:
    So I just installed BrawlEx have it working. Is there anyway I can prevent my CSS icons from flickering? The total amount of characters I have are 47 which includes: original fighters, independent pokemon, and 6 Brawlex characters. The edge of some CSS icons are a bit too close to each other to the point where it causes them to have a strange flicker effect.

My second question:
    If I were to include BrawlEx characters into a Custom Random code so they would be selected by random, would I do the the same thing like I would if I were to add them into a Custom CSS Code by including their proper ID's into the Custom Random Code?
    « Last Edit: August 02, 2016, 11:56:32 AM by Unit » Logged

Ebola16
    Importer of Dreams
    Boss Kitten

Brawl R&D

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #8658 on: August 02, 2016, 05:23:52 PM »

I have a few questions:
    So I just installed BrawlEx have it working. Is there anyway I can prevent my CSS icons from flickering? The total amount of characters I have are 47 which includes: original fighters, independent pokemon, and 6 Brawlex characters. The edge of some CSS icons are a bit too close to each other to the point where it causes them to have a strange flicker effect.

My second question:
    If I were to include BrawlEx characters into a Custom Random code so they would be selected by random, would I do the the same thing like I would if I were to add them into a Custom CSS Code by including their proper ID's into the Custom Random Code?

You could try editing the scale and/or position of the CSS icons to avoid overlapping in
    sc_selcharacter.pac -> MiscData[30] -> MenSelchrPos_TopN.mdl0
    and
    sc_selcharacter.pac -> MiscData[30] -> MenSelchrPos_TopN.chr0
    but those things can be somewhat complicated to do (make a backup if you try).

Also, CSSRoster.dat handles the functionality of both custom CSS and custom random codes so you will probably want to edit that instead.

I use NTSC-U Brawlex, Win 10, latest Dolphin Dev builds, and 3ds Max 2016 (3ds Max Guide). Refresh and see my imports!

Unit
    Advanced Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #8659 on: August 02, 2016, 07:09:16 PM »

You could try editing the scale and/or position of the CSS icons to avoid overlapping in
    sc_selcharacter.pac -> MiscData[30] -> MenSelchrPos_TopN.mdl0
    and
    sc_selcharacter.pac -> MiscData[30] -> MenSelchrPos_TopN.chr0
    but those things can be somewhat complicated to do (make a backup if you try).

Also, CSSRoster.dat handles the functionality of both custom CSS and custom random codes so you will probably want to edit that instead.

Alright. I'll keep that in mind.

Also, I forgot to include in my previous post that my Random CSS icon isn't the very last icon on the CSS list, in which, I have a Custom Random Code that only includes original fighters that's separately active since it saves me from having any issues. But I'll mess with my CSSRoster.dat as well as deactivating the code see the outcome I get.
    « Last Edit: August 02, 2016, 07:22:21 PM by Unit » Logged

secretchaos1
    Extreme Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #8660 on: August 02, 2016, 08:20:47 PM »

I personally just made a thin, transparent frame around the regular icon frame texture to avoid the flickering effect from the overlap, so that might be another route you could take too if you want to avoid messing with any of the positions.
    I think you can edit what comes up in random with CSSRoster.dat as well, I don't think its dependent on the usual rule of having the icons come before random but I'm not 100% certain.

Ebola16
    Importer of Dreams
    Boss Kitten

Brawl R&D

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #8661 on: August 03, 2016, 12:37:19 AM »

I made a separate tutorial for advances in Brawlex since PW's original post was made http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=77327.0

This important information gets lost in the questions on this thread.

I only included my findings but others are welcome to post theirs too.

secretchaos1
    Extreme Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #8662 on: August 03, 2016, 11:50:00 AM »

Seems like a good idea, you should probably reserve a couple of posts after the OP though if we're going to fill it up with info. I've got some stuff that I felt would be useful that I've copied and pasted from the thread for future reference, I can add it to the thread later but I don't know if I have all of it credited.

Unit
    Advanced Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #8663 on: August 04, 2016, 12:38:28 AM »

Anywho, thanks for the help guys! I've tested the random selection with the CSSRoster.dat and the two BrawlEx characters I included loaded perfectly.

However, I've been facing another issue for a while now. Some times when selecting Random as a character and loading a Stage, I encounter a random freeze before the match starts. Since it's Random, it only happens when that one unknown character & costume is selected, so the chances for the game to freeze are slim.

So far I've tested:
    • All of my characters (including Original & BrawlEx Fighters that has Cbliss applied to them through BrawlEx) along with their alternate costumes on the stage it frozed on. And everything loaded fine.
    • Double checked my CSSRoster.dat if proper ID's were included into both the CSS screen and Custom Random. Found nothing wrong, there.
    • All Cosmetics such as BP's, portraits, and stocks etc. are working fine. (Don't see why there would be a problem there since they all load fine during stock matches and 1 player modes. <_<)
    • The two BrawlEx characters I included in Random. They load fine since I've encountered them during a match without any issues.

If you guys encountered the same problem and was able to fix this, please let me know, unless it's just an issue that has to do with Brawlex being installed. For now, one of my Fighters just aren't being nice when selected in Random.
    « Last Edit: August 04, 2016, 12:43:17 AM by Unit » Logged

Ebola16
    Importer of Dreams
    Boss Kitten

Brawl R&D

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #8664 on: August 04, 2016, 12:52:33 AM »

Anywho, thanks for the help guys! I've tested the random selection with the CSSRoster.dat and the two BrawlEx characters I included loaded perfectly.

However, I've been facing another issue for a while now. Some times when selecting Random as a character and loading a Stage, I encounter a random freeze before the match starts. Since it's Random, it only happens when that one unknown character & costume is selected, so the chances for the game to freeze are slim.

So far I've tested:
    • All of my characters (including Original & BrawlEx Fighters that has Cbliss applied to them through BrawlEx) along with their alternate costumes on the stage it frozed on. And everything loaded fine.
    • Double checked my CSSRoster.dat if proper ID's were included into both the CSS screen and Custom Random. Found nothing wrong, there.
    • All Cosmetics such as BP's, portraits, and stocks etc. are working fine. (Don't see why there would be a problem there since they all load fine during stock matches and 1 player modes. <_<)
    • The two BrawlEx characters I included in Random. They load fine since I've encountered them during a match without any issues.

If you guys encountered the same problem and was able to fix this, please let me know, unless it's just an issue that has to do with Brawlex being installed. For now, one of my Fighters just aren't being nice when selected in Random.
    The best way to tackle that kind of problem is to look at Dolphin's log.

Enable show log in the view menu if it isn't enabled.

Have the log enabled when a freeze occurs and analyze (or copy, compress, and post) it. This won't work if the emulator crashes though.

This is helpful in about 80% of my freezes.

If you can't do that, you'll need keep looking for something that is reproducible in order to fix it.
    « Last Edit: October 17, 2017, 02:36:50 AM by Ebola16 » Logged

Unit
    Advanced Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #8665 on: August 04, 2016, 01:09:23 AM »

Alright, then. Since I already have a copy of Brawl saved on to my old laptop somewhere, I'll just copy it over and test it on Dolphin. Thanks for the info. Tongue
    « Last Edit: August 04, 2016, 01:11:35 AM by Unit » Logged

secretchaos1
    Extreme Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #8666 on: August 04, 2016, 11:40:22 AM »

Using the Dolphin log is your best bet to narrow it down. In personal experience though, I know I've gotten freezes from random when a costume is set in a character's fighter data but I don't have the actual file present. I find it's easy to miss since a costume is never really accessed otherwise if the CSSSlotConfig doesn't have it setup properly to appear on the CSS.

spiritpyros
    Extreme Kitten

justice will prevail

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #8667 on: August 04, 2016, 12:04:13 PM »

Ok so I am trying to create a zelda+shiek clone but according to phantomwings I have to change the edit flags with hex on both slot configs. my question is where are the edit flags

Ebola16
    Importer of Dreams
    Boss Kitten

Brawl R&D

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #8668 on: August 04, 2016, 01:28:31 PM »

Ok so I am trying to create a zelda+shiek clone but according to phantomwings I have to change the edit flags with hex on both slot configs. my question is where are the edit flags

It seems my thread of new brawlex info will already come in handy. Here you go, I pulled this from my thread. http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=65113.msg1321853#msg1321853

spiritpyros
    Extreme Kitten

justice will prevail

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #8669 on: August 04, 2016, 05:00:55 PM »

ok getting zelda clones to work was easy and she works great but the sheik clones will freeze the game when loading any stage when i use the same method

Pages:  1 ... 575 576 577 [578] 579 580 581 ... 588
    Print
    Jump to: