Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Pages:  1 ... 587 588 589 [590]
Author Topic: The Brawl Expansion Project  (Read 2818417 times)
Lillith
Heroic Kitten

Resident Lunatic & Fox Fanatic

• Awards Ceiling Cat Star Hacker RAGE!! Tutorial Writer

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #8835 on: August 05, 2020, 06:44:40 PM »

This is mostly due to weird placements of things-- that's why I'd mentioned it shouldn't really be used unless you've already got 100+ slots used so uh... If you fill them out it should work.

I still talk to myself! If anyone wants to use anything I've done, feel free to! But do tell me where you use it, I want to see the finished product!

Anonymous42456
    Intermediate Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #8836 on: August 11, 2020, 09:09:58 PM »

This is mostly due to weird placements of things-- that's why I'd mentioned it shouldn't really be used unless you've already got 100+ slots used so uh... If you fill them out it should work.
    Okay, I'm back with an update. I now added 67 characters (102 total including the first 35) and the CSS still didn't work. Do I actually need to add 100 characters total and if so, is it possible to just fill the extra slots with Mario?

Lillith
    Heroic Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #8837 on: August 12, 2020, 02:16:40 AM »

Could also just fill to 100 with just Random, it's what I do whenever I need to fill spots for whatever reason, haha.

I still talk to myself! If anyone wants to use anything I've done, feel free to! But do tell me where you use it, I want to see the finished product!

Anonymous42456
    Intermediate Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #8838 on: August 12, 2020, 10:50:33 AM »

Could also just fill to 100 with just Random, it's what I do whenever I need to fill spots for whatever reason, haha.
    Like this? https://imgur.com/a/WfFIRFm

Lillith
    Heroic Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #8839 on: August 12, 2020, 04:36:54 PM »

It's a bit redundant to have a CSS code thing if you're using the CSSRoster.dat and it seems like three bytes are missing from it? Unfortunately changing the filesize of it at all will break things so you'd need to either restart or just add bytes back (Copy three sets of zeroes then pasting after should do that.)
    Uh.... you shouldn't backspace at all for hex editing, just replace any mistakes.
    « Last Edit: August 12, 2020, 04:38:15 PM by Lillith » Logged

Anonymous42456
    Intermediate Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #8840 on: August 12, 2020, 05:48:24 PM »

It's a bit redundant to have a CSS code thing if you're using the CSSRoster.dat and it seems like three bytes are missing from it? Unfortunately changing the filesize of it at all will break things so you'd need to either restart or just add bytes back (Copy three sets of zeroes then pasting after should do that.)
    Uh.... you shouldn't backspace at all for hex editing, just replace any mistakes.
    ...But without the Custom CSS code, the EX fighters don't show up on the CSS at all.
    Updated CSSRoster.dat: https://imgur.com/a/s958edS
    « Last Edit: August 12, 2020, 07:35:05 PM by Anonymous456 » Logged

Lillith
    Heroic Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #8841 on: August 12, 2020, 07:41:45 PM »

Looks as if it should work.

Needing to use a CSS code likely means some files are missing. I think it was one of the 'common' files for how the CSS works.

Anonymous42456
    Intermediate Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #8842 on: August 12, 2020, 10:17:20 PM »

Looks as if it should work.

Needing to use a CSS code likely means some files are missing. I think it was one of the 'common' files for how the CSS works.
    Ah, that did the trick. Thank you for the help thus far. However, I ran into some more issues; there are Mario slots occupying the rest of the CSS (past slot 80) and the cosmetics are inconsistent with the EX fighters. The goal here is to have the CSS display character slots 00-80 only.

Lillith
    Heroic Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #8843 on: August 12, 2020, 10:25:32 PM »

That's offset 0D (You have it set to F2 there) which controls character count. You'd be able to use a calculator or something find out what number you need (Mostly just to convert from Decimal to Hex)
    As for cosmetics, inconsistent how?

Anonymous42456
    Intermediate Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #8844 on: August 12, 2020, 10:49:37 PM »

That's offset 0D (You have it set to F2 there) which controls character count. You'd be able to use a calculator or something find out what number you need (Mostly just to convert from Decimal to Hex)
    As for cosmetics, inconsistent how?
    Despite setting the IDs correctly in the sc_selcharacter.pac and info.pac, the marks and names don't match with most of the characters I added. Also, the character portraits (loaded from char_bust_tex in the BrawlEx folder) for the EX fighters don't show up either...

Lillith
    Heroic Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #8845 on: August 13, 2020, 01:20:51 AM »

Ah. Damn. I don't really remember how to do cosmetic stuff currently since i've not really done it in a while. sorry. ;_;

SUPAHSAWNIK99
    Extreme Kitten

Super Sonic Style!

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #8846 on: February 19, 2021, 11:53:16 AM »

Hey, so, I have a question about Legacy XP specifically

I'm making a custom modpack, and I was able to add a slot for Knuckles, so I tried to add a slot for Dante. Once I got all of Dante's files in, I booted up to the CSS and saw that the slots for Knuckles and Dante are completely overlapped, and I can only select Knuckles. Does anyone know how to solve this issue?

ALL ABOARD THE HYPE TRAIN!!!!
    NNID: Supersawnik99

Pages:  1 ... 587 588 589 [590]
    Print
    Jump to: