Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Pages:  1 ... 58 59 60 [61] 62 63 64 ... 590
Author Topic: The Brawl Expansion Project  (Read 2840608 times)
Jade_Rock
Hyper Kitten

View Profile Awards
« Reply #900 on: January 10, 2014, 04:09:49 PM »

I'm not using BP's or anything,but the more slots more chances to freeze thing makes since,I'm going to delete a slot or two and try again.

OmegaS3
Texture/PSA Master
Extreme Kitten

Legends never die!

• Awards Starstormer Famous Hacker Hot Topic KCMM Veteran

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #901 on: January 10, 2014, 04:11:13 PM »

I'm not using BP's or anything,but the more slots more chances to freeze thing makes since,I'm going to delete a slot or two and try again.
    Mine exactly froze if I didn't have BPs and RSPs

Jade_Rock
    Hyper Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #902 on: January 10, 2014, 04:34:51 PM »

Nevermind it worked,I guess the last slot I added I messed up on.
    « Last Edit: January 10, 2014, 05:31:29 PM by Jade_Rock » Logged

Sammi Husky
    Lol Kitten

• Awards Fiery Topic Renowned Hacker >9000 King for a Day

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #903 on: January 10, 2014, 07:40:56 PM »

whew. tut's rendering out. anybody who wants to check it out, i add new csp's, BP's, and RSP's. it's a follow up tutorial on the css icons and csp's tutorial as the game would freeze on anything but timed matches, and on the wii, it wouldn't work at all.

i'll post a link when its up

ShadowSnake
    Venomous Hacker
    Heroic Kitten

Back from the dead to mod Smash-U

• Awards Infinite Smash Team Star Hacker Starstormer KCMM Veteran

• View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #904 on: January 10, 2014, 08:04:59 PM »

whew. tut's rendering out. anybody who wants to check it out, i add new csp's, BP's, and RSP's. it's a follow up tutorial on the css icons and csp's tutorial as the game would freeze on anything but timed matches, and on the wii, it wouldn't work at all.

i'll post a link when its up

Sweet, can't wait to have Sephiroth working 100%

I DONT TAKE REQUESTS.

Eternal Yoshi
    Heroic Kitten

Boss? Is that you?

• Awards KCMM Old Timer Super Saiyan Topic Active Contributor Former PMDT

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #905 on: January 10, 2014, 08:36:40 PM »

The crash I reported with Sephy and Roy's NB stopped happening when I used the updated MarthEx .rels.

ShadowSnake
    Venomous Hacker
    Heroic Kitten

« Reply #906 on: January 10, 2014, 08:54:07 PM »

The crash I reported with Sephy and Roy's NB stopped happening when I used the updated MarthEx .rels.

My Sephiroth is only crashing because he's missing some cosmetics at the moment. The clone itself works perfectly.

I DONT TAKE REQUESTS.

Sammi Husky
    Lol Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #907 on: January 10, 2014, 08:56:02 PM »

Tutorial is up. Tongue hopefully the quality clears up a little after youtube gets their crap together lol

BrawlEx BP's, RSP's, and Franchise Icons [tutorial]

at least for adding more then up to 8, the franchise icon bit at the end is a little... not right. but that is ONLY for the results screen and it shouldn't cause any crashes or anything
    « Last Edit: January 10, 2014, 09:31:31 PM by sammi-husky » Logged

ShadowSnake
    Venomous Hacker
    Heroic Kitten

« Reply #908 on: January 10, 2014, 11:32:58 PM »

Tutorial is up. Tongue hopefully the quality clears up a little after youtube gets their crap together lol

BrawlEx BP's, RSP's, and Franchise Icons [tutorial]

at least for adding more then up to 8, the franchise icon bit at the end is a little... not right. but that is ONLY for the results screen and it shouldn't cause any crashes or anything

So i followed through and i think i got all of the cosmetics to show up but for some reason the game freezes after the battle. I'm guessing i did the hex part incorrectly or i messed up on result.pac. What is the reason of subtracting 1 from the franchise icon ID during the hex part and do we always subtract by 1?

Also has team battle been freezing for anyone? When i use it and hover the hand over a clone the game freezes.
    « Last Edit: January 10, 2014, 11:36:53 PM by ShadowSnake » Logged

I DONT TAKE REQUESTS.

KingJellyFish
    Newbie Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #909 on: January 10, 2014, 11:40:14 PM »

Is anybody else having trouble with this build? I took the contents of the .rar and put them in
    X:\private\wii\app\rsbe\pf
    Then I took the .gct file and put it in
    X:\codes
    But When I launch the game through Gecko, it freezes right after I select "BRAWL" just before the CSS shows up.  Is there something really obvious I'm forgetting to do?

Batman
    Mega Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #910 on: January 11, 2014, 12:04:25 AM »

Is anybody else having trouble with this build? I took the contents of the .rar and put them in
    X:\private\wii\app\rsbe\pf
    Then I took the .gct file and put it in
    X:\codes
    But When I launch the game through Gecko, it freezes right after I select "BRAWL" just before the CSS shows up.  Is there something really obvious I'm forgetting to do?

You may need to update the bx_fighter.rel. Also, if that doesn't work change the config settings in Gecko's hook type to axnextframe if you haven't.

Sammi Husky
    Lol Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #911 on: January 11, 2014, 12:31:20 AM »

So i followed through and i think i got all of the cosmetics to show up but for some reason the game freezes after the battle. I'm guessing i did the hex part incorrectly or i messed up on result.pac. What is the reason of subtracting 1 from the franchise icon ID during the hex part and do we always subtract by 1?

Also has team battle been freezing for anyone? When i use it and hover the hand over a clone the game freezes.

The reason for subtracting one...i honestly dont know. the vBrawl stuff did it, ASF's pack did, and it didn't work when i didn't do it. so i subtracted one and it worked lol. but yes, always subtracted by one.

if your freezing at the results screen, make sure that your RSP is getting loaded (pf/menu/common/char_bust_tex) and that everything is named correctly. if it's cosmetic slot 110, the name of the file will be
    MenSelchrFaceB1100. so slot 110+ add a 0 to the end.

also make sure that the texture inside is labled like this

MenSelchrFaceB.1101

so 110+ the number of the color. in this case 1. though generally they have one for each.

and the last thing you need to do is make sure that you put STGRESULT.pac in pf/stage/melee

if your STILL getting freezes, then in the cosmetic config of the character, change the number back to what it originally was. that should stop the freezing, but ONLY if your RSP's are set up right. otherwise they will still freeze.

KingJellyFish
    Newbie Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #912 on: January 11, 2014, 12:43:49 AM »

You may need to update the bx_fighter.rel. Also, if that doesn't work change the config settings in Gecko's hook type to axnextframe if you haven't.

I updated the bx_fighter.rel, it got me to the CSS screen, but all of the additional characters were Mario, and made no announcer sounds when selected. I tried to start a match as just Capt. Falcon Vs. Bowser, and it froze after selecting a map before the match started. I repeated this with different characters and different maps. I changed my Gecko's hook type, but it didn't make a difference in this case.

Any idea how to fix this?

Sammi Husky
    Lol Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #913 on: January 11, 2014, 12:46:41 AM »

did you try following one of my video tutorials in the OP of the thread? if your sure you have everything set up right, then i dont know what to say. freezing on the css and having the characters be mario's sounds like a problem with the CSS code, or that Brawl can't find the character files.

can you post the CSS code your using?

KingJellyFish
    Newbie Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #914 on: January 11, 2014, 01:06:43 AM »

did you try following one of my video tutorials in the OP of the thread? if your sure you have everything set up right, then i dont know what to say. freezing on the css and having the characters be mario's sounds like a problem with the CSS code, or that Brawl can't find the character files.

can you post the CSS code your using?

I haven't yet watched one of your tutorial videos, I just found out about this and wanted to see if I could get ASF1nk's build to work, since I thought a pre-made build would be the easiest way to use this clone engine. I'm not sure if I set everything up right, but I explained in my first post a few posts up how I set everything up. According to the build I downloaded, this is the CSS code:

BrawlExCustom CSS V3 [spunit262]
    0668310C 00000030
    387E006C 3B600000
    3C808068 38840DE0
    7CBB20AE 7CA50775
    41800014 94A30004
    3B7B0001 2C1B0032
    4180FFE8 48000038
    04690338 48000068
    066900D8 00000008
    2C170028 41820168
    02680DE0 0022FFFF