Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Pages:  1 ... 59 60 61 [62] 63 64 65 ... 590
Author Topic: The Brawl Expansion Project  (Read 2837171 times)
Inawordyes
Newbie Kitten

View Profile Awards
« Reply #915 on: January 11, 2014, 01:17:05 AM »

I'm curious, if all the Brawl characters' portraits were re-encoded to CMPR and the MiscData files set to ExtendedLZZ7, would it freeze the game when it tries to load the CSS? Or would it theoretically reduce the file size by anywhere up to 1/4 and still be usable, meaning that more clone character CSP's and the like can be added without risk of going over the file limit?

ShinF
Supreme Kitten

• Awards Tutorial Writer Hot Topic Pin Collector Featured

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #916 on: January 11, 2014, 01:19:18 AM »

I'm curious, if all the Brawl characters' portraits were re-encoded to CMPR and the MiscData files set to ExtendedLZZ7, would it freeze the game when it tries to load the CSS? Or would it theoretically reduce the file size by anywhere up to 1/4 and still be usable, meaning that more clone character CSP's and the like can be added without risk of going over the file limit?

Yeah, I think that's what ASF1nk did when he created cBliss actually, to make room for all the extra costume portraits. It would be rather tedious, of course, which is probably why no one's done it yet.

Want cBliss on your BrawlEx Build? Check out this tutorial!

Inawordyes
    Newbie Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #917 on: January 11, 2014, 01:41:23 AM »

Yeah, I think that's what ASF1nk did when he created cBliss actually, to make room for all the extra costume portraits. It would be rather tedious, of course, which is probably why no one's done it yet.
    Well, because I had a feeling that nobody would have tried it, I went and did it myself with a copy of the sc_selcharacter I'm currently using. Each portrait encoded to CMPR and each of the MiscData files set to ExtendedLZ77 compression. Took my filesize down 0.30 MB. I'm going to put in on my SD and test in a moment whether it works or not.

EDIT: And it works! The quality of the CSP's are obviously a little degraded quality-wise, but that's a small price to pay for more CSP's to better represent the clone characters.

EDIT 2: And it seems, too, I was very off - it actually took it down 1.30 MB. That's an entire MB worth of space that's been gained.
    « Last Edit: January 11, 2014, 02:23:34 AM by Inawordyes » Logged

WintersAssassin
    Advanced Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #918 on: January 11, 2014, 02:16:12 AM »

Well that worked, quite well the only thing that didn't work was the stock icons but that's not important much. A curious thing I ran into though, is the random mark turned into the new mark 21 I added. I'm not sure if I did something wrong or if that's something else but otherwise it's fully functional.  I had an issue with freezing at first, but then I realized I had not renamed the textures inside InfFace and MenSelchrFaceB were not numbered properly.

Many, many thanks for your help Sammi-husky as well as everyone else in this forum you folks are great.

I have one last question though I know it's not currently possible to add new voices but lets say I wanted to give a cloned character an existing voice (for example a Marth clone Pit's voice) and would this also work for bosses? I'd really love to give that Raptor over wolf PSA  Ridley's voice.

Tiberious
    Mega Kitten

• Awards Fiery Topic

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #919 on: January 11, 2014, 03:23:26 AM »

Umm, a couple different questions this time.

What happens when playing one of these Ex characters in Multi-Man Brawl when it comes time to spawn the 25th fighter (a normal character)? Will it crash the game?

Second, does a character need its actual module in an Ex form in order to get cloned? If so, I'll probably need some way to make or have a 'ZakoEx' module made, as I intend to move the Alloys into these Ex slots (in the spaces used by the Giga & Co. Engine code, just for compatibility's sake) so they can finally have all the visuals the regular characters do.

Edit: Where are the franchise icons used in the results screen stored? The tutorial notes that they're a different format than the usual franchise icons, being white and transparent, but I want to know where this second set is stored so I can find out what format and size they use.
    « Last Edit: January 11, 2014, 04:05:22 AM by Tiberious » Logged

Inawordyes
    Newbie Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #920 on: January 11, 2014, 03:40:06 AM »

Okay, new problem - or maybe old problem and I just don't know how to fix it, haha: with my sc_selcharacter module, I followed the CSS/CSP tutorial and inserted a total of 7 CSP and CSS slots and stuff. The first two load fine and accurately show the CSP and name (Scott Pilgrim and Lucina, for reference), but the other five (Waluigi, Shadow, Deadpool, Rosalina, and Nephenee - in that order) seem to all have decided to defer to the latest-included of the five - in this case, Nephenee - and all five slots show Nephenee's CSP and name, though they correctly show the character outfits upon hovering over and/or selecting said characters.

The only thing I can think of is that the Cosmetic Config files' Hex numbers for their MiscData numbers (112-116) turn out to be between 70-74; that's the only thing I can think of that may be posing a problem, though I am unsure why. It did this to me already, showing the then-three as Deadpool, and now that I added Rosalina and Nephenee, it is continuing the problem, so it may be something on my end, but I have gone through and double-checked and nothing seems to be in the wrong place or mislabled to where it would cause something like this.

Perhaps I was all over the place in trying to explain, haha, but if this is a known problem that was already solved, my apologies, as I didn't want to go back through all 62 pages of the topic to find it if so.

saef1234
    Advanced Kitten

• Awards Favorite'd

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #921 on: January 11, 2014, 05:08:43 AM »

Does this work with USB Loader GX because I am currently playing the NTSC version through it as I live in the PAL region

robintjuh
    Expert Kitten

• Awards RAGE!! Dedicated Hacker >9000 Tutorial Writer

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #922 on: January 11, 2014, 06:17:44 AM »

i have the same guestion as saef1234
    the second is when i place everything from kirby in the folder: fitkirby FitKirbyDrmario  FitKirbyDrmario00 and FitKirbyDrmarioSpy but when kirby need  to transform with a drmario hat he doesn't have the hat so what did i wrong

ShadowSnake
    Venomous Hacker
    Heroic Kitten

Back from the dead to mod Smash-U

• Awards Infinite Smash Team Star Hacker Starstormer KCMM Veteran

• View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #923 on: January 11, 2014, 08:02:46 AM »

The reason for subtracting one...i honestly dont know. the vBrawl stuff did it, ASF's pack did, and it didn't work when i didn't do it. so i subtracted one and it worked lol. but yes, always subtracted by one.

if your freezing at the results screen, make sure that your RSP is getting loaded (pf/menu/common/char_bust_tex) and that everything is named correctly. if it's cosmetic slot 110, the name of the file will be
    MenSelchrFaceB1100. so slot 110+ add a 0 to the end.

also make sure that the texture inside is labled like this

MenSelchrFaceB.1101

so 110+ the number of the color. in this case 1. though generally they have one for each.

and the last thing you need to do is make sure that you put STGRESULT.pac in pf/stage/melee

if your STILL getting freezes, then in the cosmetic config of the character, change the number back to what it originally was. that should stop the freezing, but ONLY if your RSP's are set up right. otherwise they will still freeze.

I reset Sephiroth's cosmetic config back to the original hex and now it doesn't freeze but now none of the RSPs are showing up (even characters like mario, kirby, and link) the issue can't be in the cosmetic config then since my id was correct and the icon was working during the battle when i had it. After that i added my old results.pac and the RSPs showed up again, so i obviously messed up in there some how, i guess i will just redo that part of the tutorial.

EDIT: Screw it, i came up with a workaround. I just linked Sephiroth's franchise icon to Cloud's and now it works perfectly.
    « Last Edit: January 11, 2014, 09:05:57 AM by ShadowSnake » Logged

I DONT TAKE REQUESTS.

The Professor
    Extreme Kitten

Nantsutte tsuchatta

• Awards Hot Topic Active Contributor RAGE!!

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #924 on: January 11, 2014, 10:19:43 AM »

i have the same guestion as saef1234
    the second is when i place everything from kirby in the folder: fitkirby FitKirbyDrmario  FitKirbyDrmario00 and FitKirbyDrmarioSpy but when kirby need  to transform with a drmario hat he doesn't have the hat so what did i wrong
    Did you make sure that the kirby hat is set to on in the .rel file?

Professor is best Nichijou character.

saef1234
    Advanced Kitten

• Awards Favorite'd

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #925 on: January 11, 2014, 10:26:13 AM »

Tutorial is up. Tongue hopefully the quality clears up a little after youtube gets their crap together lol

BrawlEx BP's, RSP's, and Franchise Icons [tutorial]

at least for adding more then up to 8, the franchise icon bit at the end is a little... not right. but that is ONLY for the results screen and it shouldn't cause any crashes or anything

Do I have to do something different with the hexing because I tried using the modified files provided in the link of the video but all it did was give me a different CSS and  the extra character slot didn't change at all. Could it be because I cloned marth while you cloned mario?

pikazz
    Heroic Kitten

Machinimator!

• Awards Renowned Hacker Pin Collector Good Citizen Helping Hand

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #926 on: January 11, 2014, 10:32:32 AM »

something I dont understand is how to setup it with the wii. do I need anything else than the
    CSS code? like the common2 file or any other codes?

Stupid Tinypic :C

robintjuh
    Expert Kitten

• Awards RAGE!! Dedicated Hacker >9000 Tutorial Writer

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #927 on: January 11, 2014, 11:00:37 AM »

Did you make sure that the kirby hat is set to on in the .rel file?
    no i didn't do that do you know how to do that because i dont know

Rosetta-Hime
    Holy Kitten

• Awards Heart Container Dedicated Hacker >9000 Famous Hacker

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #928 on: January 11, 2014, 11:27:09 AM »

I believe your supposed to open up the fighter config for the character you are cloning and where it says Kirby and a pull down menu that has it default set to single, change it to none so it won't freeze when you fight Kirby. If I'm wrong someone please correct me

Don Jon Bravo
    Heroic Kitten

• Awards Boo! Starstormer Super Saiyan Topic Famous Hacker

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #929 on: January 11, 2014, 12:06:13 PM »

Well, because I had a feeling that nobody would have tried it, I went and did it myself with a copy of the sc_selcharacter I'm currently using. Each portrait encoded to CMPR and each of the MiscData files set to ExtendedLZ77 compression. Took my filesize down 0.30 MB. I'm going to put in on my SD and test in a moment whether it works or not.

EDIT: And it works! The quality of the CSP's are obviously a little degraded quality-wise, but that's a small price to pay for more CSP's to better represent the clone characters.

EDIT 2: And it seems, too, I was very off - it actually took it down 1.30 MB. That's an entire MB worth of space that's been gained.
    is this the original sc_selcharacter?
    mind posting it
    im sure a lot of people would be thankful

max size if 3.87mb
    u have 2.5 mb
    a lot of space left
    even for 100 characters
    « Last Edit: January 11, 2014, 12:07:15 PM by Don Jon Bravo » Logged

Pages:  1 ... 59 60 61 [62] 63 64 65 ... 590
    Print
    Jump to: