Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Pages:  1 ... 33 34 35 [36] 37 38 39 ... 590
Author Topic: The Brawl Expansion Project  (Read 2827275 times)
SpoonTheMan
Mega Kitten

View Profile Awards
« Reply #525 on: January 05, 2014, 12:15:37 PM »

I got Roy's working. Basically, you replace the sounds of one of the bosses with the ones you want the characters to use, and then assign those sounds to the characters via PSA. Project M's Roy already used Duon's sounds, so I used their Roy, replaced Duon's sounds with theirs using the RSBE code and assigned him Duon's soundbank in FighterConfig and it worked. You can assign him the sound bank in his FighterConfig. Duon's, for the record, is 13E. His .sawnd file is 325.

Yeah that's kinda neat, but I already know about that. I'm talking about ADDING not REPLACING though, it's pretty limited just replacing because probably only like 1-3 characters would get a custom sound pack. I checked earlier though and it looks like BrawlBox V0.67b can add data to the smashbros_sound.brsar file, might we be able to actually add independent voice/sfx packs that way?

Post Merge: January 05, 2014, 12:19:46 PM
whew, morning everyone. with the information that phantom wings gave me i can get the css icon and names to work perfectly and i will probably upload a new video tutorial, replacing the old one i made.

i will also look into soundbanks and stuff..

my new tutorial will probably smooth things out, so anybody having problems might have them fixed once the newer tutorial is done

Yay, thank you for helping us all make this unexpected/EPIC clone engine more complete, once enough of the bugs are fixed, my interest will most certainly be piqued Cheesy

Also, how are we going to make the game allow the max amount of slots that this mod allows?
« Last Edit: January 05, 2014, 12:19:46 PM by SpoonTheMan » Logged

Sammi Husky
Lol Kitten

• Awards Fiery Topic Renowned Hacker >9000 King for a Day

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #526 on: January 05, 2014, 01:33:55 PM »

I don't know why the game would not be able to have 100, I think the only limitation is the size of css icons, as only 50 can fit on the default css. I wonder...if its possible to add a second page of characters to the screen, that you could scroll to with c stick.......with heavy coding and modification it could in theory be possible.  The c stick already alters the view off the css, likely by changing the position of the camera in the scene. If someone could alter how the c-stick moved the camera, it could be possible to do something of the sort.

Though in reality, that's largely unnecessary. Just a cool thing to think about.

If brawlbox o.67b can in fact add data, I will look into adding new sound banks. If not..I may have to poke around with how the game loads sounds, maybe prototype some codes for the css for lulz...maybe..

Eternal Yoshi
    Heroic Kitten

Boss? Is that you?

• Awards KCMM Old Timer Super Saiyan Topic Active Contributor Former PMDT

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #527 on: January 05, 2014, 01:37:59 PM »

There's probably another reason that the CSS's limit is 50. Maybe somewhere in the CSS code is organization data that only exists up to 50 slots.

Maybe Dolphin can shed light on it....?

Once again I won't bother until I find enough PSAs I like and/or worth playing to fill the slots up.
    « Last Edit: January 05, 2014, 01:39:18 PM by Eternal Yoshi » Logged

Sammi Husky
    Lol Kitten

• Awards Fiery Topic Renowned Hacker >9000 King for a Day

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #528 on: January 05, 2014, 01:44:57 PM »

I'll look into it when I get home. He said 'the css can only handle up to 50, but there are codes around that' so I'm assuming its more then likely the size that becomes a problem

SpoonTheMan
    Mega Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #529 on: January 05, 2014, 01:47:53 PM »

I won't bother until I find enough PSAs I like and/or worth playing to fill the slots up.

You might not need/want it, but I need it bad, and many others probably would love to have all those extra slots too.

Ultraxwing
    Holy Kitten

Master of the Vault!

• Awards Constructive Hot Topic KCMM Veteran Heart Container

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #530 on: January 05, 2014, 01:49:47 PM »

are there even 100 "good" or truly playable and unique character PSA's on the vault?

over time maybe, but for now i don't think so. but i could be wrong. i do have some extreme standards.

SonicBrawler
    Magical Girl
    Overlord Kitten

Bae

• Awards Star Hacker Renowned Hacker Active Contributor Heart Container

• View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #531 on: January 05, 2014, 01:55:52 PM »

guys

100 slots

know what that means?

atleast 80 slots just for shadow!

Quotes:
    Not all people have the luxury of being able to buy things whenever they want.

Some people are barely scraping by in the economy.
    Modding has made you guys so spoiled.

SpoonTheMan
    Mega Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #532 on: January 05, 2014, 01:57:10 PM »

are there even 100 "good" or truly playable and unique character PSA's on the vault?

over time maybe, but for now i don't think so. but i could be wrong. i do have some extreme standards.

I'm not quite sure about 100, but there are quite a few of characters I want, and I have looked pretty thoroughly on kc-mm, so I could use well over 50 slots easy.

Ultraxwing
    Holy Kitten

Master of the Vault!

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #533 on: January 05, 2014, 01:59:38 PM »

guys

100 slots

know what that means?

atleast 80 slots just for shadow!

I forgot about the best character in all of the vault. how can i be so dense. did we all forget taht SSBB mean Super Shadow Be Best?

I'm not quite sure about 100, but there are quite a few of characters I want, and I have looked pretty thoroughly on kc-mm, so I could use well over 50 slots easy.

that is your opinion, and yeah i can see it. some people could want a ton of them, as others such as my self are more selective. well i always have been. since cloning and porting rels over other clones is always tricky. so over time i could like other movesets. i guess Ichigo,Roy,Sephiroth,Cloud,Young link, and many others can finally share in the awesomness that is brawl, instead of me replacing.

stilll..

Super Shadow Be Best.

Jade_Rock
    Hyper Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #534 on: January 05, 2014, 02:00:36 PM »

That Roy sfx pack did work,thanks for that.

Now if only I could have Project M's roy be balanced for vbrawl.Also when I tried to clone project M's mewtwo over Lucario it worked,but I was getting random T-poses
    « Last Edit: January 05, 2014, 02:02:44 PM by Jade_Rock » Logged

Ultraxwing
    Holy Kitten

Master of the Vault!

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #535 on: January 05, 2014, 02:02:28 PM »

Now if only I could have Project M's roy be balanced for vbrawl.

I use Thany's Decloned Roy.

This is off topic

should we make a thread somewhere that links to PSA's on the vault as an easy to find repository for said character that is currently clonable? i'll be the one to make it, if so where would i put it? Attack and Animations?

Kaizaran
    Advanced Kitten

Allons-y!

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #536 on: January 05, 2014, 02:09:26 PM »

I tried adding Daisy and Young Link [which are clones of Peach and Link respectively, and yes I'm using the older Y. Link over Link hack] and when I load either one up and click on an SSS icon, the game sort of freezes. It doesn't beep and I can access the home menu and all that, but the match never loads. It just sits there like it's stuck looking for Daisy's files, like with the Expanded SSS code looking for a stage there's no .pac for. And it sucks too, I was really looking forward to having Daisy, Young Link and Rosalina along with ASF's pack.
    « Last Edit: January 05, 2014, 02:10:44 PM by Kaizaran » Logged

ShinF
    Supreme Kitten

• Awards Tutorial Writer Hot Topic Pin Collector Featured

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #537 on: January 05, 2014, 02:13:42 PM »

Now if only I could have Project M's roy be balanced for vbrawl.Also when I tried to clone project M's mewtwo over Lucario it worked,but I was getting random T-poses
    I get t-pose on jab and lack of Shadow Ball with him.

I use Thany's Decloned Roy.
    The same, mostly, I just like P:M's for the sound effects.

This is off topic

should we make a thread somewhere that links to PSA's on the vault as an easy to find repository for said character that is currently clonable? i'll be the one to make it, if so where would i put it? Attack and Animations?

That's probably a good idea -

About the whole 100 characters thing - I doubt I could find that many quality ones to do. Perhaps I could find enough to fill my CSS if we could clone any character, but 'till then I'll just stick with the ones I'm working on now.

Want cBliss on your BrawlEx Build? Check out this tutorial!

Don Jon Bravo
    Heroic Kitten

• Awards Boo! Starstormer Super Saiyan Topic Famous Hacker

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #538 on: January 05, 2014, 02:26:51 PM »

I don't know why the game would not be able to have 100, I think the only limitation is the size of css icons, as only 50 can fit on the default css. I wonder...if its possible to add a second page of characters to the screen, that you could scroll to with c stick.......with heavy coding and modification it could in theory be possible.  The c stick already alters the view off the css, likely by changing the position of the camera in the scene. If someone could alter how the c-stick moved the camera, it could be possible to do something of the sort.

Though in reality, that's largely unnecessary. Just a cool thing to think about.

If brawlbox o.67b can in fact add data, I will look into adding new sound banks. If not..I may have to poke around with how the game loads sounds, maybe prototype some codes for the css for lulz...maybe..

actually the file patch upgrade code 3.5.3 could give u double the characters, thus making it 100 characters.
    its kinda like Alma's alternate code, but it doubles everything
    music, css, characters, stages, etc.

Oh. It's morning. I should go to sleep now.

He actually does have name textures too, they're just black boxes at the moment, which makes them invisible. I haven't made a name for Bisharp yet, and that Mewtwo CSS icon is placeholder, but on a custom spot in the file.

Also, CSSSlotConfig. Offset 0x13. That's where the data to control the icon you see on the CSS (not the portraits with the different colors, but the icon you select the character with). If you followed Sammi's third tutorial, it would be one number above what you linked the portraits to in the Cosmetic file. His Pikachu's CSS portraits were linked to 5A (90), so he would need to use 5B for the actual icon, since it was named MenSelcharCharFace.091.

Wow, 4am. Goodnight people.

where would i edit it here
    this is fox cssslot file

« Last Edit: January 05, 2014, 02:42:18 PM by Don Jon Bravo » Logged

KidCraft24
    Mega Kitten

Brawl DX Creator

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #539 on: January 05, 2014, 02:29:44 PM »

not sure if else has had this happen but some matches i play on battlefield start up without any music and when i go into the my music section and click on battlefield it freezes though this wasn't happening before i used any clones

Click The Logo To Find Out More
    Click the Link To Download Now
    https://www.mediafire.com/?vpg7cn3ohvgh513 Download for SD cards 2 GigaBytes or less
    http://www.mediafire.com/download/3b9ax3zb97xw1r7 Download for SDHC Users

Pages:  1 ... 33 34 35 [36] 37 38 39 ... 590
    Print
    Jump to: