Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Pages:  1 ... 34 35 36 [37] 38 39 40 ... 590
Author Topic: The Brawl Expansion Project  (Read 2827336 times)
Don Jon Bravo
Heroic Kitten

• Awards Boo! Starstormer Super Saiyan Topic Famous Hacker

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #540 on: January 05, 2014, 02:30:53 PM »

This is amazing! Does it only affect the added characters? And does it have any drawbacks?
    no issues encountered yet
    but if you dont set it up correctly you will get blank csp's

Post Merge: January 05, 2014, 02:32:58 PM
    I've got a few questions ASK1ink, it's about your CSS... Joke being the CSS that you are making which is sexy

well how you added in the CSS stuff. i would like to have more than 8 characters have CSS/CSP related stuff. i've done Sammi's tutorial  for CSP. but you have names/icons/and CSP.

mind you i'm most likely going to cut back on space by having only one CSP icon being the 00 portrait and the 01 to 05 having a 02-06 number based thing. it saves on file space. usually the numbers are coloured. i did this for Cbliss when i had over 200 costumes loaded.

and uncloning a clone? making them truly dependant? isn't this going pretty fast? either way can't wait for you tutorials. and maybe other CSS goodies in the far futer... yes i'm a harpy... sue me.
    you know if you save all ur CSP'S in CMPR Format you save a lot of space, tremendous amount
    « Last Edit: January 05, 2014, 02:32:58 PM by Don Jon Bravo » Logged

Sammi Husky
    Lol Kitten

• Awards Fiery Topic Renowned Hacker >9000 King for a Day

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #541 on: January 05, 2014, 02:34:43 PM »

are there even 100 "good" or truly playable and unique character PSA's on the vault?

over time maybe, but for now i don't think so. but i could be wrong. i do have some extreme standards.

The main reason that i want to look into just how many slots is possible, is to have that information out in the open. Future projects like Project M or Minus may be able to make use of this information, and make a really really complete game :p

though i agree its hard to find good and fitting PSA's to fit into your roster. after the clone engine becomes complete and more popular im sure that people will make better PSA's

actually the file patch upgrade code 3.5.3 could give u double the characters, thus making it 100 characters.
    its kinda like Alma's alternate code, but it doubles everything
    music, css, characters, stages, etc.

Post Merge: January 05, 2014, 02:28:55 PM
    where would i edit it here
    this is fox cosmetic file

im not very familiar with the FP upgrade code, so i can't really say much about it.

the header says CSSC, that pic is of fox's css slot config Shocked also, what are you trying to edit in his cosmetic?

Don Jon Bravo
    Heroic Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #542 on: January 05, 2014, 02:36:35 PM »

whew, morning everyone. with the information that phantom wings gave me i can get the css icon and names to work perfectly and i will probably upload a new video tutorial, replacing the old one i made.

i will also look into soundbanks and stuff..

for those of you having problems with the csp's, make sure that the csp is named your number+1

like 901

and that the css icon's and names are 091.

if it still freezes, check the Cosmetic Config and make sure your cosmetic ID mathces the Cosmetic ID that you made. in my case it was 90, which is 5A.

if your cosmetic slot was 91, then the csp would be 911, and the names and css icon would be 092

while the cosmetic config would be 5B.

my new tutorial will probably smooth things out, so anybody having problems might have them fixed once the newer tutorial is done
    i dont know how having the css icons named correctly written will help if they dont show up in game without further editing the cosmetic file
    i ll try again, but the freezes stopped for me when i named the files lower than 90

the header says CSSC, that pic is of fox's css slot config Shocked also, what are you trying to edit in his cosmetic?

the css icon
    kage ryu said it can be edited there
    « Last Edit: January 05, 2014, 02:43:32 PM by Don Jon Bravo » Logged

OmegaS3
    Texture/PSA Master
    Extreme Kitten

Legends never die!

• Awards Starstormer Famous Hacker Hot Topic KCMM Veteran

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #543 on: January 05, 2014, 02:43:17 PM »

That Roy sfx pack did work,thanks for that.

Now if only I could have Project M's roy be balanced for vbrawl.Also when I tried to clone project M's mewtwo over Lucario it worked,but I was getting random T-poses
    You must import the missing animations from LucarioMotionEtc into his MewtwoMotionEtc. Then he wont T-stance. If you want I can send you the motion I have?

SpoonTheMan
    Mega Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #544 on: January 05, 2014, 02:43:40 PM »

actually the file patch upgrade code 3.5.3 could give u double the characters, thus making it 100 characters.
    its kinda like Alma's alternate code, but it doubles everything
    music, css, characters, stages, etc.

Yeah, but it's not all available at once with that kind of thing. Example: Shadow is in one set of files, but someone else in the other, you can't use both characters at the same time then >.>

Don Jon Bravo
    Heroic Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #545 on: January 05, 2014, 02:46:22 PM »

Yeah, but it's not all available at once with that kind of thing. Example: Shadow is in one set of files, but someone else in the other, you can't use both characters at the same time then >.>
    actually yes you can
    first you choose a character on the second roster
    go to stages
    activate the code
    go back and you will have your new roster
    (just dont "unchoose" ur first character or you would loose his established place in the game)
    than choose your other character and go back to play
    you will than have shadow from one rosters, vs a character from the other roster
    « Last Edit: January 05, 2014, 02:47:19 PM by Don Jon Bravo » Logged

Kaizaran
    Advanced Kitten

Allons-y!

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #546 on: January 05, 2014, 02:47:10 PM »

Welp, finally managed to modify ASF's pack there to include Mewtwo instead of Buu, Lloyd instead of Wolverine and Master Chief instead of Deadpool.

Still looking for a solution to my Daisy/Y. Link issue. Like I said, it soft-freezes when I pick a stage while one of them is in a match. No beep, I can still open the home menu and all of that, but the match never starts. It's comparable to the extended stage pack, where it does the exact same thing when there's no .pac for the stage selected. Problem is, I'm not using the expansion and Daisy has every single file of hers. Same for Young Link.

Jade_Rock
    Hyper Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #547 on: January 05, 2014, 02:53:56 PM »

You must import the missing animations from LucarioMotionEtc into his MewtwoMotionEtc. Then he wont T-stance. If you want I can send you the motion I have?

Sure that would be great.
    « Last Edit: January 05, 2014, 02:54:48 PM by Jade_Rock » Logged

Sammi Husky
    Lol Kitten

• Awards Fiery Topic Renowned Hacker >9000 King for a Day

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #548 on: January 05, 2014, 02:59:02 PM »

Don, .It was likely not freezing when using the lower numbers because it may have had the css icon and names for that cosmetic id already there.

When u create a new cosmetic ID the files all still need to be there and named correctly, otherwise the game will load sc_selcharacter incorrectly and freeze, because it will look for matching css icons and name images EVEN if they don't get used.

You CAN change the css icon through the cssslot config, but you need to set the edit level of the file to 1. Which requires a lot more configuring.

That's why switching a clones cosmetic with someone else's will change its icon. The entries in the css slot config for the cosmetic id don't get applied at all, unless specified. Its documented in the OP

OmegaS3
    Texture/PSA Master
    Extreme Kitten

Legends never die!

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #549 on: January 05, 2014, 03:03:05 PM »

Sure that would be great.
    Let me know if it works. I currently .rel it over jigglypuff and had the same problems. So I filled in the missing animations and it works great.. If it works over a clone slot then we can port over both PM characters by filling in the missing animations.

http://www.mediafire.com/download/8nglj7692q49w5c/FitMewtwoMotionEtc.pac

Jade_Rock
    Hyper Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #550 on: January 05, 2014, 03:20:17 PM »

He doesn't T-pose,but he still cannot use his b move...

Kage Ryu
    Supreme Kitten

The Infrequent Modder

• Awards Heart Container Featured

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #551 on: January 05, 2014, 03:30:47 PM »

where would i edit it here
    this is fox cssslot file

First column, second row. Change this:

07FF0606

To whatever you named the CSS Slot Icon image. For example, if it is named MenSelchrChrFace.091, as per Sammi's tutorial, you would put 5B, which is 91 in hex. The end result would be this:

43535343 00000040 00000001 00000000
    07FF065B 000019B2 CCCCCCCC 00000000
    07000804 00010302 01030905 0C000000
    00000000 00000000 00000000 00000000

You probably know this, but for the sake of others: Every portrait you add for the CSS, every name, and every slot icon (and also stock icons, but those don't seem to break anything if you don't add them), they must be added in the pf > menu2 > sc_selcharacter.pac file. This file overrides what is in system > common5.pac > sc_selcharacter_en.pac.

The CSS Slot Icon (the image that you place you chip over when selecting a character) is modified in the CSSSlot.dat config, as well as the name. The individual portraits with that show up at the bottom of the select screen after one is selected is controlled by the Cosmetic.dat file.

OmegaS3
    Texture/PSA Master
    Extreme Kitten

Legends never die!

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #552 on: January 05, 2014, 03:46:47 PM »

He doesn't T-pose,but he still cannot use his b move...
    I can get him to only throw small shadow balls. I plan on making it work like Lucario in the future

Jade_Rock
    Hyper Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #553 on: January 05, 2014, 04:09:48 PM »

Alright then.

Kage Ryu
    Supreme Kitten

The Infrequent Modder

• Awards Heart Container Featured

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #554 on: January 05, 2014, 04:12:08 PM »

The CSS Slot Icon (the image that you place you chip over when selecting a character) is modified in the CSSSlot.dat config, as well as the name. The individual portraits with that show up at the bottom of the select screen after one is selected is controlled by the Cosmetic.dat file.
    Know what? It's not being consistent anymore. I may have done something else that fixed the Slot Icon problem and this was just something else I coincidentally changed, because if I change the edit level to 1, it pretty much hijacks the cosmetics--icon, portraits and all--of whatever I set the cosmetic slot byte to.

I'll have to make more clones or something and test it out more.

Pages:  1 ... 34 35 36 [37] 38 39 40 ... 590
    Print
    Jump to: