Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Pages:  1 ... 53 54 55 [56] 57 58 59 ... 590
Author Topic: The Brawl Expansion Project  (Read 2826900 times)
ShadowSnake
Venomous Hacker
Heroic Kitten

Back from the dead to mod Smash-U

• Awards Infinite Smash Team Star Hacker Starstormer KCMM Veteran

• View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #825 on: January 08, 2014, 10:20:53 PM »

there is a couple solutions, some of which im sure have already been thought of.

one being changing the configs to allow loading a specific .sawnd
    maybe in a 'bx_sound' folder.

but even IF this worked (which i suspect it wouldn't), it would require ALOT of changes :/

i can't say because i dont know how the RSBE's coding works. though i assume it just replaces the sound files as they're called from smashbros_sound.pac because super sawndz still makes you load your smashbros_sound, where you can make the .sawnd from the soundbanks ID. leading me to believe that the .sawnd file ISN'T actually sound at all. just a file that points to which file to load into memory from the smashbros_sound.pac.

in which case, it would still require replacing sound effects in smashbros_sound since adding new ones is currently impossible.

though again, i dont claim to know how RSBE and .sawnd files work Tongue just assumption based on my experience with them

glad they helped. Smiley

as for adding costumes, you need to do a few more things then just check them on the config editor, and im not particularly knowledgeable on the process. though i know it involves hex editing one of the configs.

http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=65113.msg1210136#msg1210136

It looks like Asf1nk figured out how to add the additional costumes and a camera fix.

This information should be archived in the thread.

I DONT TAKE REQUESTS.

shock44
    Mega Kitten

• Awards Hot Topic Starstormer Dedicated Hacker Shadow the Pinhog

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #826 on: January 08, 2014, 10:21:57 PM »

Hey I need some help, preferably from ASF1nk, but I'm sure anyone could help me since it seems most people are having success with his pack. I downloaded his pack and I can't seem to get it working right. I try with the module file that came with the pack, it freezes when I select the Brawl button after going to group. I try the module file from BrawlEx v1.1.2.0 and I get a CSS with the regular character slots and a bunch of Shadow icons in it and when I move my hand over one of the Shadow slots it freezes. I tried BrawlEx v1.1.2.1 module file and it froze on the Brawl button. Is there something I'm missing here? I just downloaded the pack, put all the folders in a new pf folder in SDCARD/private/wii/app/RSBE/pf  and then I took the GCT file and put it in the codes folder in SDCARD/codes. If someone could tell me what I need to do to fix this I would be very appreciative.

ShadowSnake
    Venomous Hacker
    Heroic Kitten

Back from the dead to mod Smash-U

• Awards Infinite Smash Team Star Hacker Starstormer KCMM Veteran

• View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #827 on: January 08, 2014, 10:25:57 PM »

Hey I need some help, preferably from ASF1nk, but I'm sure anyone could help me since it seems most people are having success with his pack. I downloaded his pack and I can't seem to get it working right. I try with the module file that came with the pack, it freezes when I select the Brawl button after going to group. I try the module file from BrawlEx v1.1.2.0 and I get a CSS with the regular character slots and a bunch of Shadow icons in it and when I move my hand over one of the Shadow slots it freezes. I tried BrawlEx v1.1.2.1 module file and it froze on the Brawl button. Is there something I'm missing here? I just downloaded the pack, put all the folders in a new pf folder in SDCARD/private/wii/app/RSBE/pf  and then I took the GCT file and put it in the codes folder in SDCARD/codes. If someone could tell me what I need to do to fix this I would be very appreciative.

hmm... Try changing the Gecko hook to AxNextFrame and see if that works under the Gecko configuration settings.

EDIT: I had the same issue when i first got the pack and i believe that is how i fixed it.
    « Last Edit: January 08, 2014, 10:27:02 PM by ShadowSnake » Logged

I DONT TAKE REQUESTS.

shock44
    Mega Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #828 on: January 08, 2014, 10:26:50 PM »

hmm... Try changing the Gecko hook to AxNextFrame and see if that works under the Gecko configuration settings.
    Okay I'll give it a shot thanks.

Sammi Husky
    Lol Kitten

• Awards Fiery Topic Renowned Hacker >9000 King for a Day

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #829 on: January 08, 2014, 10:29:24 PM »

did you try changing the gecko hooktype to axnextframe?  that generally resolves alot of problems, if you still get them, try restarting your wii  a few times. it seems that on the wii, sometimes brawlEx wont load.

i know i had previously said that it wasn't likely that it was brawlEx at fault, but alas i encountered the problem 2 times so far now. didn't change anything, just restarted the wii and it worked. so i take back my previous comments on the subject

http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=65113.msg1210136#msg1210136

It looks like Asf1nk figured out how to add the additional costumes and a camera fix.

This information should be archived in the thread.

it should. considering i dont think any of us want to dig through over 20 pages to find it lol

shock44
    Mega Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #830 on: January 08, 2014, 10:33:54 PM »

did you try changing the gecko hooktype to axnextframe?  that generally resolves alot of problems, if you still get them, try restarting your wii  a few times. it seems that on the wii, sometimes brawlEx wont load.

i know i had previously said that it wasn't likely that it was brawlEx at fault, but alas i encountered the problem 2 times so far now. didn't change anything, just restarted the wii and it worked. so i take back my previous comments on the subject

I think you're right. I just replaced the module file with the one that came with the pack and now it worked like a charm! I didn't even change the hook type cuz i was distracted by something and forgot to. So I guess you just have to keep trying until it works. Can't wait to try out these extra slots now. Thanks for the help.

Inawordyes
    Newbie Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #831 on: January 08, 2014, 10:51:45 PM »

So, quick question. I got everything to work with the clone engine itself by following sammi-husky's tutorial, and then I used his CSS/CSP tutorial to introduce those for two of the characters I have on my list (Scott Pilgrim and Lucina), and everything works fine.

Unless I try to play a stock match, or a stamina match, or anything outside of a basis timed brawl, really. I figure this is either because I missed a vital step perhaps when I went back and redid the tutorial to add Lucina? Or is it because the characters are now pointed to their own slots but they therefore don't have stock icons, making the game freeze whenever you try to activate a mode that requires them? I figured I'd ask, since it is only a problem on those two since using the CSS/CSP tutorial, but also because I read through the entire thread over the past day or three but might have missed where this could've been explained to somebody else having a similar problem.

Sammi Husky
    Lol Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #832 on: January 08, 2014, 10:56:27 PM »

So, quick question. I got everything to work with the clone engine itself by following sammi-husky's tutorial, and then I used his CSS/CSP tutorial to introduce those for two of the characters I have on my list (Scott Pilgrim and Lucina), and everything works fine.

Unless I try to play a stock match, or a stamina match, or anything outside of a basis timed brawl, really. I figure this is either because I missed a vital step perhaps when I went back and redid the tutorial to add Lucina? Or is it because the characters are now pointed to their own slots but they therefore don't have stock icons, making the game freeze whenever you try to activate a mode that requires them? I figured I'd ask, since it is only a problem on those two since using the CSS/CSP tutorial, but also because I read through the entire thread over the past day or three but might have missed where this could've been explained to somebody else having a similar problem.

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! CRAP...your right. i totally forgot the stock icons, i'll include them in the tutorial for BP's and RSP's.

though, your telling me that you added csp's and css icons, and the game loaded past the SSS? because on the actual wii, it seems that without BP's and RSP's the game crashes.

Inawordyes
    Newbie Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #833 on: January 08, 2014, 11:03:44 PM »

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! CRAP...your right. i totally forgot the stock icons, i'll include them in the tutorial for BP's and RSP's.

though, your telling me that you added csp's and css icons, and the game loaded past the SSS? because on the actual wii, it seems that without BP's and RSP's the game crashes.
    Oh, yeah, haha, I forgot to add that I'm using Dolphin. It froze once I selected a stage with either character as a fighter. It got to the SSS, and that's about it. Timed Match is fine, but everything else seems to cause a freeze - but only with those two, as far as I know everybody else is fine.

Sammi Husky
    Lol Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #834 on: January 08, 2014, 11:08:00 PM »

Oh, yeah, haha, I forgot to add that I'm using Dolphin. It froze once I selected a stage with either character as a fighter. It got to the SSS, and that's about it. Timed Match is fine, but everything else seems to cause a freeze - but only with those two, as far as I know everybody else is fine.

it may actually be just the BP's and RSP's, because as far as i know ASF's pack didn't add stock icons......though i didn't look too hard to make sure lol

The Professor
    Extreme Kitten

Nantsutte tsuchatta

• Awards Hot Topic Active Contributor RAGE!!

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #835 on: January 08, 2014, 11:32:29 PM »

it may actually be just the BP's and RSP's, because as far as i know ASF's pack didn't add stock icons......though i didn't look too hard to make sure lol
    what would happen if you used the no battle portraits code?

Professor is best Nichijou character.

shock44
    Mega Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #836 on: January 08, 2014, 11:38:20 PM »

Is it just me or does Kirby not work with ExCharacters? I tried Kirby and yellow Kirby and that worked just fine with the BrawlEx codes turned on. But put an ExCharacter with Kirby and it freezes when I select a stage.

FQuintanilla14
    Extreme Kitten

あなたが好きです。本当に。

• Awards Fiery Topic

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #837 on: January 08, 2014, 11:40:46 PM »

Is it just me or does Kirby not work with ExCharacters? I tried Kirby and yellow Kirby and that worked just fine with the BrawlEx codes turned on. But put an ExCharacter with Kirby and it freezes when I select a stage.
    Did you put the FitKirby[EXcharactername].pac  FitKirby[EXcharactername]00.pac and  FitKirby[EXcharactername]Spy.pac in the Kirby folder?

Interested in newcomers Rosalina & Luma? Check out my PSA for them over Olimar!

http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=69227.0

shock44
    Mega Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #838 on: January 08, 2014, 11:55:48 PM »

Did you put the FitKirby[EXcharactername].pac  FitKirby[EXcharactername]00.pac and  FitKirby[EXcharactername]Spy.pac in the Kirby folder?
    OH! That makes sense. I need to make sure and make those files in there. Thanks!

Lito
    Expert Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #839 on: January 09, 2014, 12:01:18 AM »

Okay so I got a huge mess all of the sudden.

The CSS is so [censored]ed up that it has all of the 7 characters I added plus 7 more Mario slots and 2 randoms, along with that selecting a character immediately crashes the game.

Should I just post my pack and have people mess with it?

Also are Mewtwo and Roy's textures from Brawl compatible with any Mewtwo and Roy PSA or will I have to use something else from the vault?

I am really sorry if I sound desperate but this is the second time in a row where I posted something and it was completely ignored. So I'm requoting this. I originally asked the SFX question(if we could code in different sfx for other characters) but it was answered after someone else answered.

Pages:  1 ... 53 54 55 [56] 57 58 59 ... 590
    Print
    Jump to: