Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Pages:  1 ... 63 64 65 [66] 67 68 69 ... 590
Author Topic: The Brawl Expansion Project  (Read 2842369 times)
ShinF
Supreme Kitten

• Awards Tutorial Writer Pin Collector Hot Topic Featured

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #975 on: January 12, 2014, 11:08:40 AM »

Wait. With this clone engine, does that mean we could just set up Dr.Mario, Roy, Dixie, Pra_Mai, Toon Zelda, and Tetra a character slot and they'd work fine? Happy Face

If you could find them some PSAs from the vault, then you could use those.

Want cBliss on your BrawlEx Build? Check out this tutorial!

KingJigglypuff
    Meme Machine
    Brawl Vault Staff

• Awards RAGE!! >9000 Hyperactive Contributor Heart Container

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #976 on: January 12, 2014, 11:14:45 AM »

No we can’t because these characters are not in the disc. There are just some files who mention them, nothing else.
    You ----------------------------- . <---The point.

Wait. With this clone engine, does that mean we could just set up Dr.Mario, Roy, Dixie, Pra_Mai, Toon Zelda, and Tetra a character slot and they'd work fine? Happy Face
    To an extent, yes.

If you could find them some PSAs from the vault, then you could use those.
    The only members of the Forbidden 7 we can get at the moment are Mewtwo, Roy, and Dr. Mario.

In order to get a cloning base for the other characters, we would need Diddy Kong, Zelda, Sheik, and the Ice Climbers to have a P&P rel.

I don't take requests.

My PSA Thread

The Professor
    Extreme Kitten

Nantsutte tsuchatta

• Awards Hot Topic Active Contributor RAGE!!

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #977 on: January 12, 2014, 11:26:04 AM »

You ----------------------------- . <---The point.
    To an extent, yes.
    The only members of the Forbidden 7 we can get at the moment are Mewtwo, Roy, and Dr. Mario.

In order to get a cloning base for the other characters, we would need Diddy Kong, Zelda, Sheik, and the Ice Climbers to have a P&P rel.
    And from my understanding, currently Zelda and Sheik are impossible with the clone engine, due to them being transforming characters, right?

Professor is best Nichijou character.

KingJigglypuff
    Meme Machine
    Brawl Vault Staff

• Awards RAGE!! >9000 Hyperactive Contributor Heart Container

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #978 on: January 12, 2014, 11:32:06 AM »

And from my understanding, currently Zelda and Sheik are impossible with the clone engine, due to them being transforming characters, right?
    Correct.

You'll likely need to add references to every character's rel if you want to associate them for Transforming.

I don't take requests.

My PSA Thread

Rosetta-Hime
    Holy Kitten

• Awards Heart Container Dedicated Hacker >9000 Famous Hacker

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #979 on: January 12, 2014, 11:35:15 AM »

Aww. Oh shi~ I really wanted them. Oh well, I guess I'll wait till Zelda, Sheik, IC, and Diddy are cloneable

kangaroogreen
    Intermediate Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #980 on: January 12, 2014, 11:48:36 AM »

So I've gotten the new clone character to show up, and I've followed ever step in the video linked in the OP.

But the results I've gotten so far are one freeze when I've loaded the CSS, and after fiddling with the module again, I got a second random slot that freezes when you hover over it. Anyone have any idea what's up?

Don Jon Bravo
    Heroic Kitten

• Awards Boo! Starstormer Super Saiyan Topic Famous Hacker

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #981 on: January 12, 2014, 12:54:10 PM »

Aww. Oh shi~ I really wanted them. Oh well, I guess I'll wait till Zelda, Sheik, IC, and Diddy are cloneable
    i posted up a pack with mewtwo, dr mario and roy somewhere in the first 10 pages

The Professor
    Extreme Kitten

Nantsutte tsuchatta

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #982 on: January 12, 2014, 01:03:09 PM »

So, can anyone help me? I can use my laptop now, so I am able to edit my SD Card. It goes past the loading screen, then just stays at a black screen. I'm now using Gecko so, Am I doing anything wrong? I'm also using the hackless method, since I'm using a Wii U.

Rosetta-Hime
    Holy Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #983 on: January 12, 2014, 01:31:20 PM »

i posted up a pack with mewtwo, dr mario and roy somewhere in the first 10 pages

Yea, I know, I'm using it right now. I just wanted to see if I could add in Plusle and Minun, Dixie Kong, and Toon Zelda and Tetra. Welp, oh well

The Professor
    Extreme Kitten

Nantsutte tsuchatta

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #984 on: January 12, 2014, 02:45:34 PM »

Well, I just realized it was my Sc_Selcharacter file size that did that. I think anyway. Gonna fix it and then test it.

Sammi Husky
    Lol Kitten

• Awards Fiery Topic Renowned Hacker >9000 King for a Day

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #985 on: January 12, 2014, 02:55:50 PM »

a question, is it true that only the Fixed modules that comes with the package is cloneable? like the Ft_pikachu BX 1.1.rel? I just want to be sure cause I will try to create a module that is not there to be useable but I want to be sure my work is not in vain

yep, only the modules he provided are cloneable. mainly because the .rels are heavily modified from vBrawls. PW gave some insight into it on like page 20 lol

he said
    "Of those 3, I think Meta Knight will be the easiest to make. Because he doesn't have any articles, I think you should be able to use nearly the exact same section[8] in Marth's ExModule. Just replace the internal addresses with the ones listed for Metaknight on the OpenSA website. Just remember that the OpenSA documentation lists the instructions as file offsets - you'll need to convert them to section offsets to put into the relocations. You'll also need to offset them by 0x2 as you'll be writing only to the lower half of the instruction."

and "ExModules are created in nearly exactly the same way the Plug&Play modules were made, except that Plug&Play modules required a few extra modifications that are now covered by BrawlEx.

There are 2 main changes made in the ExModules from the original VBrawl modules:

1. Section[7] is added into the module as an executable section. It contains the core patching function - it is identical across all ExModules. The function in Section[7] is inserted as the first initializer of the module.

2. Section[8] is added into the module as a data section. It contains the id of the target character, various patch strings to adjust certain hardcoded sections in sora_melee, and a set of addresses inside the module itself to which the target character id should be written to.

The main difficulty involved in creating an ExModule is finding those "hardcoded sections" in sora_melee and determining a patch string that you can write overtop of them to make them work generically with any character id.

Interestingly enough, it is those "hardcoded sections" that are currently the cause of the article crashes that are occurring with BrawlEx. It turns out that some of the changes I made with BrawlEx are causing the old patch strings that were originally taken from the Plug&Play modules to fail."

he also explained how to convert the offsets on the openSA website to fileoffsets in order to patch the relocation data.

"Converting file offsets to section offsets is as simple as finding the offset of the section in the file and subtracting it from the file offset specified on the OpenSA website. Section[1], the assembly section, is usually located at 0xCC in the file - but that's not a hard rule."

So I've gotten the new clone character to show up, and I've followed ever step in the video linked in the OP.

But the results I've gotten so far are one freeze when I've loaded the CSS, and after fiddling with the module again, I got a second random slot that freezes when you hover over it. Anyone have any idea what's up?

gonna need a little more info to help..does it freeze when loading the CSS screen? or after you select the icon? or hovering over the icon?

Well, I just realized it was my Sc_Selcharacter file size that did that. I think anyway. Gonna fix it and then test it.

i think im going to make a stock and grid sc_selcharacter file that has ALOT of memory stripped and compressed. i'll upload it when i do.

Rosetta-Hime
    Holy Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #986 on: January 12, 2014, 03:39:04 PM »

Oh, well this is new. I had sucessfully cloned 6 characters, Rosalina, Daisy, Mewtwo, Lucina, Dr.Mario, and Roy. The stock matches worked fine up until I added Roy. Now it freezes when I try to do stock Sad Any idea that will help?

The Professor
    Extreme Kitten

Nantsutte tsuchatta

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #987 on: January 12, 2014, 03:45:31 PM »

DAMNIT! I can't fix the filesize! Maybe because I'm using a sc_selcharacter that is meant to be used with Cbliss? I don't know! I think that might be it. I'm gonna go in and delete all the cbliss stuff. Not without making a backup, of couse.
    Oh, well this is new. I had sucessfully cloned 6 characters, Rosalina, Daisy, Mewtwo, Lucina, Dr.Mario, and Roy. The stock matches worked fine up until I added Roy. Now it freezes when I try to do stock Sad Any idea that will help?
    I don't know since I don't even have 1 functioning with CSPs and all that, but maybe the BPs or RSPs? I dunno, do they all have CSPs or not?
    « Last Edit: January 12, 2014, 05:37:19 PM by Yukko's srs faic » Logged

pikazz
    Heroic Kitten

Machinimator!

• Awards Renowned Hacker Good Citizen Pin Collector Helping Hand

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #988 on: January 12, 2014, 04:29:41 PM »

Thank you Sammi-husky! I noticed this at page 50 so I was late to the party xD

anyway, with that piece of information, I actually created a Metaknight BrawlEx module! fully working and everything, I will actually try to aim to do Jigglypuff next!

I will post the download link here soon, I need to head to the bed right now!

Stupid Tinypic :C

Sammi Husky
    Lol Kitten

• Awards Fiery Topic Renowned Hacker >9000 King for a Day

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #989 on: January 12, 2014, 04:58:46 PM »

does the roy have his own CSP's and BP's? it will freeze on stock matches if those are missing. you could probably just set the cosmetic id of roy to marths. that should fix stocks. if that was the problem.

Thank you Sammi-husky! I noticed this at page 50 so I was late to the party xD

anyway, with that piece of information, I actually created a Metaknight BrawlEx module! fully working and everything, I will actually try to aim to do Jigglypuff next!

I will post the download link here soon, I need to head to the bed right now!

awesome! i would LOVE to know more about how you went about doing it. EY already made a Metaknight module..but i would really like to know how you made the module. i've examined about everything in EY's, but i feel like im missing some things

Pages:  1 ... 63 64 65 [66] 67 68 69 ... 590
    Print
    Jump to: