Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Pages:  1 ... 69 70 71 [72] 73 74 75 ... 590
Author Topic: The Brawl Expansion Project  (Read 2827146 times)
Sammi Husky
Lol Kitten

• Awards Fiery Topic Renowned Hacker >9000 King for a Day

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #1065 on: January 14, 2014, 03:35:57 PM »

It's a bit more complex than that, isn't it? I think someone mentioned that all the slots need bones and animations to tell where they show up at and such, as well.

yep, and when i tried, ASF said he had tried beforehand as well. and that it would be more complicated then just adding the bones, he said he thinks it's how the css is coded to handle and organize the new slots when one is enabled. it would require expiramentation, but im going to work on it.

I MAY MAKE A CODE THAT ALLOWS A SECOND CSS SCREEN BY PRESSING THE R-TRIGGER......if i can find a way to expand the css.

the problem with that? playing with friends may get annoying as someone may want a chara on the other page so it'l become a war to see who chooses their characters first...but i digress, that is a small price to pay for such an extensive mod to the css.

^^^(IF i can expand it). which i figure would be hard enough as is. >.> lol and then the other part would be complicated as hell too. but possible i think..i would have to experiment

Jade_Rock
    Hyper Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #1066 on: January 14, 2014, 04:35:17 PM »

Good Luck with that CSS code sammi.

Also thanks for the jab tip for mewtwo in his fighter config.

SonicBrawler
    Magical Girl
    Overlord Kitten

Bae

• Awards Star Hacker Renowned Hacker Active Contributor Heart Container

• View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #1067 on: January 14, 2014, 04:48:10 PM »

yep, and when i tried, ASF said he had tried beforehand as well. and that it would be more complicated then just adding the bones, he said he thinks it's how the css is coded to handle and organize the new slots when one is enabled. it would require expiramentation, but im going to work on it.

I MAY MAKE A CODE THAT ALLOWS A SECOND CSS SCREEN BY PRESSING THE R-TRIGGER......if i can find a way to expand the css.

the problem with that? playing with friends may get annoying as someone may want a chara on the other page so it'l become a war to see who chooses their characters first...but i digress, that is a small price to pay for such an extensive mod to the css.

^^^(IF i can expand it). which i figure would be hard enough as is. >.> lol and then the other part would be complicated as hell too. but possible i think..i would have to experiment

make a code so that it loads slots 1-50 then hold r to load 51-100

and if u pick fo example sonic on teh first page, you can back out, hold r, go back in, dont unselect sonic, then pick shadow

Quotes:
    Not all people have the luxury of being able to buy things whenever they want.

Some people are barely scraping by in the economy.
    Modding has made you guys so spoiled.

ShadowSnake
    Venomous Hacker
    Heroic Kitten

Back from the dead to mod Smash-U

• Awards Infinite Smash Team Star Hacker Starstormer KCMM Veteran

• View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #1068 on: January 14, 2014, 04:49:36 PM »

make a code so that it loads slots 1-50 then hold r to load 51-100

and if u pick fo example sonic on teh first page, you can back out, hold r, go back in, dont unselect sonic, then pick shadow

That's a good concept.

I DONT TAKE REQUESTS.

Don Jon Bravo
    Heroic Kitten

• Awards Boo! Starstormer Super Saiyan Topic Famous Hacker

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #1069 on: January 14, 2014, 04:49:48 PM »

that has been done in FPC3.5.3
    http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=51912.0
    if u want to contribute to it, it would be nice to "scroll" through the rosters, in FPC3.5.3  u need to go to stages, than go back to ur new roster...

Personally I would prefer expanding the roster...

and for u other guys, thanks enjoy Giga Bowser

for the alloys i think ill include all of them in one slot
    fighter00-blue
    fighter01-red
    fighter02-yellow
    etc.
    im not too exited about them, but i guess they would be nice to have

I got a question about the Giga Bowser fix, you said we can only pick one costume, can't you modify the files to add more than one outfit for gigs or is there some sort of block against that.

Also does it freeze when Bowser does his final smash?

i added more fighters in the fighter config, and in the cosmetics config, yet I couldnt get him to load more than the first costume
    I also used some codes to say that the first costume uses a second, third or fourth costume, and the game still loaded the 00 costume.
    So i guess the info is somewhere in bowser's rel
    gigabowser uses bowser's rel

As to giga's minor glitches still exist.  the game doesnt freeze in FS mode, but giga can no longer move until he is beaten.  easy to avoid by not pressing the "A" button to activate FS if you accidently grabbed it.
    Maybe PSA work can fix this issue, like a null FS entry?
    idk much about PSA but i guess that can work, or even a code
    « Last Edit: January 14, 2014, 05:10:52 PM by Don Jon Bravo » Logged

SpoonTheMan
    Mega Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #1070 on: January 14, 2014, 05:15:08 PM »

Yeah, if it's possible, I would much rather have players able to all freely select any of the 100 characters available in one game the way you would in a normal CSS, any other way is just calling for problems with everyone trying to choose different characters.

Sammi Husky
    Lol Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #1071 on: January 14, 2014, 08:36:05 PM »

the game is already has the programming that says 'when c stick is tilted in this direction, move the scene in this direction' on the css. so it's not impossible to change the way the camera moves when its pressed.

The reason i dont want to fit them all on one section of the css, is because they would be incredibly small in order to double them. about as small as giga bowser and wario man's slots from asf's CSS's. so yea, REALLY small lol

i think it would be cool if the css could slide to the left, or scroll back and forth.

though currently i've been occupied trying to make more exmodules for everyone. captain falcon is a pain in the butt.

Axel Akutare
    Mega Kitten

The Dark Hero

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #1072 on: January 14, 2014, 09:53:10 PM »

I realize I'm a little late to the party here, and my problem has probably been addressed earlier, but I'm kinda stuck using a USB Loader now, and I just can't get it to work. The character slot appears on my CSS and everything looks like it's working until I attempt to enter a stage, then the game either just plain stalls without freezing or freezes with the loud beep.

Basically I'm trying to load a second Lucario after having followed the steps from the videos. I've even eliminated all my extra codes other than the File Patch and Character Select.

I'm the Dark Hero! Hoping to achieve Axel as a character for SSBB!

Jade_Rock
    Hyper Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #1073 on: January 14, 2014, 10:08:01 PM »

Did you try changing the hooktype?

Sammi Husky
    Lol Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #1074 on: January 14, 2014, 10:11:01 PM »

I realize I'm a little late to the party here, and my problem has probably been addressed earlier, but I'm kinda stuck using a USB Loader now, and I just can't get it to work. The character slot appears on my CSS and everything looks like it's working until I attempt to enter a stage, then the game either just plain stalls without freezing or freezes with the loud beep.

Basically I'm trying to load a second Lucario after having followed the steps from the videos. I've even eliminated all my extra codes other than the File Patch and Character Select.

first things first, are you loading the hooktype set to axnextframe? if not, try that.

the next thing to check is that it's loading all the files.  make sure you edited the .rel to use the slot ID that you added to the CSS.

then make sure you have all the files from the original brawl disk for the character your loading, copying them to a new folder named after what you set it to in the fighter config, then renaming all the vbrawl lucario files to whatever you named the new character.

lucarioEx = name all the files 'FitLucarioEx.pac, FitLucarioEx00.pac' and so on and so forth. the module will also be ft_lucarioex.rel

Axel Akutare
    Mega Kitten

The Dark Hero

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #1075 on: January 14, 2014, 10:45:16 PM »

Okay! I got it working and feel like a bit of a tool because I forgot to edit the module file. Thank you. This works out perfectly now. If only I can get the CSS adjusted then I've got a new complete build that works without any freezing in multiplayer. cBliss compatability would be nice as well, but I'm just happy to finally be able to expand the character select.

I'm the Dark Hero! Hoping to achieve Axel as a character for SSBB!

PhantomWings
    Mega Kitten

• Awards Super Saiyan Topic Featured

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #1076 on: January 14, 2014, 11:53:33 PM »

the game is already has the programming that says 'when c stick is tilted in this direction, move the scene in this direction' on the css. so it's not impossible to change the way the camera moves when its pressed.

The reason i dont want to fit them all on one section of the css, is because they would be incredibly small in order to double them. about as small as giga bowser and wario man's slots from asf's CSS's. so yea, REALLY small lol

i think it would be cool if the css could slide to the left, or scroll back and forth.

The only potential issue I could see with that is ensuring that each player's selector hand remains within view of the camera. I suppose it isn't entirely mandatory, but it is something to consider.

One thing I've considered is hijacking the Tournament mode character select screen which already has scrolling implemented. It wouldn't fix the problem of keeping everything in view all at once, but because selection is done using a box cursor, icons could be made a whole lot smaller without having troubles selecting them. Of course, you would need to find a way to allow all 4 players to select their characters at once instead of being restricted to the first controller, but it's worth a thought I suppose.

Also, I've created a chart to help a little bit with the confusion of Fighter, Slot, CSSSlot, and Cosmetic Ids. I'm not sure how much it will help, but maybe some of you will find it useful.

Fighter Data

TheSuperestSmashBros
    Expert Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #1077 on: January 14, 2014, 11:55:35 PM »

Hello, I've been using the BrawlEx clone engine and it is really cool, but I have a couple of questions:  

1. What is the situation with Kirby and the clones?  I read somewhere that all the clone's Kirby Copy abilities act like alloys so the copies won't crash or give kirby an ability, but every time I try to play a match that involves kirby and a clone, the game just freezes at start of the match.  Is that supposed to happen?  Do you need the FitKirbyClone.pac, FitKirbyClone00.pac, and FitKirbyCloneSpy00.pac files? I tried it with and without them and doesn't work either way.  

2.  Do team colors work yet?  If I turn on team mode and then hover over any cloned character the game freezes.  Again, I'm not sure if this is supposed to happen?  I maybe could have set something up wrong, but I don't think I did.  Other than that, everything else works fine for me.  But I still have another question or two

3.  How do you add more than original amount of costumes to a character, like cBliss does?  Because I heard you don't need cBliss.

4. Is there a way to make some clones not use any soundbank at all?  Because for some characters, I'd would rather like them to have no voice at all, than for them to have the same voice as other characters. 

And again I also just want to say that the BrawlEx Clone Engine is very cool, It's awesome to have so many extra characters!!! So thank you to Phantom Wings for creating this, thank you to Sammi-husky for the video tutorials, and thank you to everyone else on this thread who has been helping and contributing.  It is all very helpful.  

« Last Edit: January 15, 2014, 12:20:21 AM by TheSuperestSmashBros » Logged

Sammi Husky
    Lol Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #1078 on: January 15, 2014, 12:33:51 AM »

The only potential issue I could see with that is ensuring that each player's selector hand remains within view of the camera. I suppose it isn't entirely mandatory, but it is something to consider.

One thing I've considered is hijacking the Tournament mode character select screen which already has scrolling implemented. It wouldn't fix the problem of keeping everything in view all at once, but because selection is done using a box cursor, icons could be made a whole lot smaller without having troubles selecting them. Of course, you would need to find a way to allow all 4 players to select their characters at once instead of being restricted to the first controller, but it's worth a thought I suppose.

Also, I've created a chart to help a little bit with the confusion of Fighter, Slot, CSSSlot, and Cosmetic Ids. I'm not sure how much it will help, but maybe some of you will find it useful.

Fighter Data

interesting, i didn't think of using the tournament mode css..i guess a short term fix for people wanting to have more then 50 would be to find a way to use the button combo's that allow you to start as zss and shiek, though i think that would require the modules still be edited in the same way that would enable transforming characters...since im sure that the vBrawl coding for that is that it just loads the secondary character first. though assuming you setup a module for say mario to load a second character, but didn't give him the ability to switch.

as for making the hand stay in view, there may be a coordinates address in memory or something for the hands position that could be set to the coordinates of the first slot on the next page. though that's just wishfull thinking lol.

then in theory it may be possible to not have a physical CSS icon and bones and whatnot, since the data may still be there, but holding the button or selecting him via the way the pokemon trainer selects the pokemon he sends out by clicking the csp.

it would be an applicable hotfix to this situation in case we can't expand it. Tongue just a cool thought.

and for that chart, yea that's REALLY helpful actually lol. now i can just look them up here without fumbling through the config templates for the right ones XD
    « Last Edit: January 15, 2014, 12:38:26 AM by sammi-husky » Logged

Eternal Yoshi
    Heroic Kitten

Boss? Is that you?

• Awards KCMM Old Timer Super Saiyan Topic Active Contributor Former PMDT

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #1079 on: January 15, 2014, 12:37:02 AM »

Hello, I've been using the BrawlEx clone engine and it is really cool, but I have a couple of questions:  

1. What is the situation with Kirby and the clones?  I read somewhere that all the clone's Kirby Copy abilities act like alloys so the copies won't crash or give kirby an ability, but every time I try to play a match that involves kirby and a clone, the game just freezes at start of the match.  Is that supposed to happen?  Do you need the FitKirbyClone.pac, FitKirbyClone00.pac, and FitKirbyCloneSpy00.pac files? I tried it with and without them and doesn't work either way.  

2.  Do team colors work yet?  If I turn on team mode and then hover over any cloned character the game freezes.  Again, I'm not sure if this is supposed to happen?  I maybe could have set something up wrong, but I don't think I did.  Other than that, everything else works fine for me.  But I still have another question or two

3.  How do you add more than original amount of costumes to a character, like cBliss does?  Because I heard you don't need cBliss.

4. Is there a way to make some clones not use any soundbank at all?  Because for some characters, I'd would rather like them to have no voice at all, than for them to have the same voice as other characters. 

And again I also just want to say that the BrawlEx Clone Engine is very cool, It's awesome to have so many extra characters!!! So thank you to Phantom Wings for creating this, thank you to Sammi-husky for the video tutorials, and thank you to everyone else on this thread who has been helping and contributing.  It is all very helpful.  

1. Pretty sure You need ft_kirby.rel from the modules folder.
    2. Nope
    3. Use the included program to edit the FighterConfig.
    4. Maybe have them use the generic soundbank 000?

Pages:  1 ... 69 70 71 [72] 73 74 75 ... 590
    Print
    Jump to: