Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Pages:  1 ... 357 358 359 [360] 361 362 363 ... 590
Author Topic: The Brawl Expansion Project  (Read 2826864 times)
KingJigglypuff
Meme Machine
Brawl Vault Staff

• Awards RAGE!! >9000 Hyperactive Contributor Heart Container

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #5385 on: April 30, 2014, 05:51:54 PM »

That's odd, any other issues besides that one? Is it doing that for more than just that ID?
    I might be doing something wrong, but I could send you the files, so you could see what's wrong. Would that be alright with you?

I don't take requests.

My PSA Thread

SilverBaretta
    Expert Kitten

Longtime lurker, finally registered!

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #5386 on: April 30, 2014, 06:18:23 PM »

Really hate to be a nuisance, but I've been trying to fix this myself for the past week to no avail. Could anyone be a dear and take a look at my pack? I want to release it as (yet another) pack on the site here, but my custom cosmetics dont't seem to be doing the job. It always seems to freeze before/not load the results screen no matter what I do. Here's a version with bare-bones cosmetic stuff; CSS is all complete and nice, battle portraits work alright too (although right now they're just the ones from Nebulon's pack, sorry bud, I'm gonna change them once I get this working). It just always seems to not load the results screen. Everything is named correctly in the victory portraits files as far as I saw. Are there files I'm missing that are absolutely necessary? Any help would be great!

NOTE: Some characters have only one or two costumes/portraits/BPs/victory portraits, etc. This is intentional.

Something remixed this way comes...

Lillith
    Heroic Kitten

Resident Lunatic & Fox Fanatic

• Awards Ceiling Cat Star Hacker RAGE!! Tutorial Writer

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #5387 on: April 30, 2014, 06:23:29 PM »

I'm going to take a guess now that you have the victory portraits set as Lz77 or ExtendedLZ77, they should be set to 'None'

I still talk to myself! If anyone wants to use anything I've done, feel free to! But do tell me where you use it, I want to see the finished product!

SilverBaretta
    Expert Kitten

Longtime lurker, finally registered!

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #5388 on: April 30, 2014, 06:29:27 PM »

Just checked. Nope, they're all set to None.

Something remixed this way comes...

frostymm
    Hyper Kitten

Like I ever know what I'm doing.

• Awards Starstormer Dedicated Hacker Constructive

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #5389 on: April 30, 2014, 06:36:54 PM »

I might be doing something wrong, but I could send you the files, so you could see what's wrong. Would that be alright with you?

Sure send me the files. Now, NONE of the right textures are loading? Or just specific ones? And you said you edited the CSSslot config? I'm not sure how that works but I haven't had to mess with it to get my stuff to have the correct textures. Are the ID's leading up to that one working fine?

My BrawlEx Cosmetic template for people who are lazy!
    http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=203448
    Supports up to 35 BrawlEx characters currently.

KingJigglypuff
    Meme Machine
    Brawl Vault Staff

• Awards RAGE!! >9000 Hyperactive Contributor Heart Container

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #5390 on: April 30, 2014, 06:38:26 PM »

Sure send me the files. Now, NONE of the right textures are loading? Or just specific ones? And you said you edited the CSSslot config? I'm not sure how that works but I haven't had to mess with it to get my stuff to have the correct textures. Are the ID's leading up to that one working fine?
    I'll answer in a PM.

I don't take requests.

My PSA Thread

Office Ninja
    Newbie Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #5391 on: April 30, 2014, 10:19:51 PM »

I downloaded a BrawlEx pack that worked great once, but now whenever I try to load it up again it freezes at the ESRB screen. I noticed a few other people posted about this, but is there a fix or anything for it?

daniel741852
    Expert Kitten

Hacker in training.

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #5392 on: April 30, 2014, 10:31:24 PM »

So far I have made cloud and ike nearly 100% compatible, aswell as knuckles vs jigglypuff, pit vs goku. Marth VS Sephiroth still have glitches I need to stabilize.

I will release a brawlEx pack soon called "Project Dan" you are probably thinking, ugh another pack. Do not fear as this pack nearly all the chars have their own soundbanks and gfx files so no more backing in and out of the menu.

Nebulon
    Holy Kitten

• Awards Tutorial Writer Super Saiyan Topic Dedicated Hacker Heart Container

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #5393 on: April 30, 2014, 11:48:32 PM »

So I'm at a point where I'm caught up and ready to put update the pack, however, I noticed two things:

Yes I have Turbo mode, BUT it does not work consistently. I had to format my card this morning and I had two sessions where it was perfect for 8+ matches. After adding 2 alt skins to two fighters, as well as reorganizing CSS for 2 new characters, and updating some CSP and Icon names, it wouldn't work, it just kept freezing. :/

I reformatted and it worked 3 times in a row before I didn't care anymore... I have a GCT without it included if it just wants to tease you too...

But the second thing is that I've noticed today that my Wii disc slot glows blue... to my understanding, this happens when I have an update or receive a message, but I was also told recently that the Wii's online services were closed recently... so I don't know what it's about... but every time Turbo mode froze those lights were on.

This is NOT the place to post this, but this is a place where my pack users hang out and I wanted to know if they knew what this meant or if it's happened to them because IF it is evidence of a bigger issue, then I wouldn't want to release it and mess with anyone's Wii or whatever and I feel they deserve to have these questions answered here for security...

So any input would be appreciated. It's done and ready to be put up, I just need that clarification. My Wii could just be stupid now, or perhaps my disc is getting bad. It's been in the Wii for literally almost 2 years now... IDK, but I need input before release.

Want to talk about my pack? Let's take it over here to the Brawl 4 All thread: http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=71453.msg1306822#msg1306822

Steam/SSBB Guy
    Extreme Kitten

• Awards Tutorial Writer

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #5394 on: May 01, 2014, 12:49:22 AM »

I had a similar experience whenever I used Riivolution most of the time in order to know something's being loaded the light on my wii turned blue and if the game froze I'd actually hear my wii stop running but I never had an issue like that before.

and On topic I'm starting on making my own brawl ex build aswell, but I'm doing it from scratch, and inserting the clones myself,

as of Right now My clones for it are,

Steve from Minecraft, Young Link, Oot Link, Dark Link, Skyward Link, Fierce Deity, and Dr. Mario.

My build of course will have some unique things like custom CSPs by me along with some from SJS' Resource,

New PSAs for the original fighters to remove Cloned Movesets, Ex: Link having a Twilight Princess PSA, Mario Having his SMBZ Moveset, etc.

Some of the Original Fighters will also have new models like Zero Suit Samus who'll get the models Made by SJS.

Custom Stages, and some Character's will have their own Alternate Costumes fitted for their Series, Like Link having his Magic and Zora Armor from Twilight Princess, Oot Link with a Soul Calibur Costumes along with some other Nostalgic costumes for those of you who grew up in the Nes and Snes era,

Toon Link with his Conductor outfit from Spirit Tracks and his Outset Island outfit from Wind Waker,

Once I get more stuff done for the Fighters and get the Stages added I'll release it to the public but I can't say when. I will say this though, don't expect any anime Character's in this

Build cause there's going to be no Goku, Vegeta, Buu, Broly, Naruto, Etc.

It's gonna be focused on Video Game Character's from Nintendo and Possibly Square so look out for that.

Pikezer1337
    Expert Kitten

• Awards Renowned Hacker >9000

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #5395 on: May 01, 2014, 06:35:09 AM »

Nebulon I use to have this problem whenever I used my disc on Gecko or Riivo.  My disc did eventually stop being read but I bet that was just from continued use.  I dont believe turbo mode would do anything but if I were you Id just release it with normal codes and have that Gct in there for anyone who wants to try.

Nebulon
    Holy Kitten

• Awards Tutorial Writer Super Saiyan Topic Dedicated Hacker Heart Container

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #5396 on: May 01, 2014, 06:55:04 AM »

Nebulon I use to have this problem whenever I used my disc on Gecko or Riivo.  My disc did eventually stop being read but I bet that was just from continued use.  I dont believe turbo mode would do anything but if I were you Id just release it with normal codes and have that Gct in there for anyone who wants to try.

That's the plan. Smiley BUT... I discovered an issue earlier today, I've used Knuckle Joe tons of times before I fixed his GFX, and after doing so none of his B moves work. So I'm gonna re edit him in PSA and see if it makes a difference.

I see. Maybe I'll buy a new disc.

Want to talk about my pack? Let's take it over here to the Brawl 4 All thread: http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=71453.msg1306822#msg1306822

MeleeMaster500
    Mega Kitten

The coffin has opened

• Awards Fiery Topic Famous Hacker Starstormer

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #5397 on: May 01, 2014, 10:23:45 AM »

usbloader gx w/ codes works btw
    « Last Edit: May 01, 2014, 10:24:53 AM by MeleeMaster500 » Logged

V. 1.00

Axel Akutare
    Mega Kitten

The Dark Hero

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #5398 on: May 01, 2014, 12:44:57 PM »

That's the plan. Smiley BUT... I discovered an issue earlier today, I've used Knuckle Joe tons of times before I fixed his GFX, and after doing so none of his B moves work. So I'm gonna re edit him in PSA and see if it makes a difference.

I see. Maybe I'll buy a new disc.

Considering that blue light came on, you might wanna make sure there's not a problem with your disc drive before you drop the money on a new disc. I had a Wii from the original release, and eventually using mods(I think through Riivolution is what did it), my disc drive eventually stopped reading Dual Layer DVDs altogether. It wouldn't even read normal Wii games if you tried after a Dual Layer.

Long story, I guess. But I'd say try to find a way to test if your drive is burning out. I was testing it by switching between Brawl or Other M and an older game.

I'm the Dark Hero! Hoping to achieve Axel as a character for SSBB!

Steam/SSBB Guy
    Extreme Kitten

• Awards Tutorial Writer

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #5399 on: May 01, 2014, 01:20:55 PM »

I tried to do that, but there's not enough PSA's we can access just yet. Unless you want to start scraping the bottom of the barrel and add like 5 Kingdom Hearts characters and 7 Sonic characters.
    The only Kingdom Hearts Character I'm adding is Sora, while the only Sonic characters I'm adding are Shadow, Knuckles, and possibly Tails.

Pages:  1 ... 357 358 359 [360] 361 362 363 ... 590
    Print
    Jump to: