Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Pages:  1 ... 368 369 370 [371] 372 373 374 ... 590
Author Topic: The Brawl Expansion Project  (Read 2826896 times)
Nebulon
Holy Kitten

• Awards Tutorial Writer Super Saiyan Topic Dedicated Hacker Heart Container

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #5550 on: May 10, 2014, 01:52:09 PM »

-Expanding the number of character slots from 100 to 128:
    For the most part, I want to avoid using the forbidden 7 slots and the boss slots all together as ExSlots are a lot more secure than regular slots (e.g. Kirby is unable to copy ExSlot characters whereas that's not the case for regular slots). Increasing the roster to 128 should allow us to properly have 100 characters in the roster despite the unused slots.

Heya, good to see you PW! Smiley

I'm excited for your upcoming plans! But something piqued my interest here: you mentioned kirby can't copy the EX characters, but can for regular slots... does that mean that it's possible to set up Kirby hats for those 7?? If you've got a lead, I'll see what I can do and get to work!

And Stages!? Man... I'll be hanging around here for sure!

Want to talk about my pack? Let's take it over here to the Brawl 4 All thread: http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=71453.msg1306822#msg1306822

arnypalmy
    Advanced Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #5551 on: May 10, 2014, 03:47:36 PM »

Yes im one of the main devs, Glad to see you enjoy minus!

The reason sfx and such might not work is if you forgot to add the .sawnd files for pichu's sfx. May i ask why your using older versions of minus? BrawlEx is already setup in the new version and the older GCT's may contain things that clash with it unfortunately.

As for the gfx stuff, if your using Minus' pichu there shouldn't be any graphical clashes going on even with a pikachu and pichu in the same match.

Yes, my friends and I love Minus, you guys always do a great job!

I'm actually now using the GCT from the new Minus; I started off with the older version so I could follow your tutorial exactly, but I switched over once I started to get a slight grasp on things. All the stuff in the pf folder is from the older Minus though, since I updated the CSS screen in the common5 in that version. I didn't know about the sound files, I'll have to add those in for Pichu and the rest of the new characters. Then hopefully I can get the two Project M characters working.  

As far as gfx, I know for example that Pichu's downsmash does not have electricity around it anymore and I'm not sure why.
    « Last Edit: May 10, 2014, 03:51:02 PM by arnypalmy » Logged

KidCraft24
    Mega Kitten

Brawl DX Creator

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #5552 on: May 10, 2014, 03:51:01 PM »

well not sure if it's been brought up but olimar clones pikmin freeze when desynced wasn't sure if that was gonna get fixed for the update. But either way keep up the great work, i look forward to the update.

Click The Logo To Find Out More
    Click the Link To Download Now
    https://www.mediafire.com/?vpg7cn3ohvgh513 Download for SD cards 2 GigaBytes or less
    http://www.mediafire.com/download/3b9ax3zb97xw1r7 Download for SDHC Users

Lillith
    Heroic Kitten

Resident Lunatic & Fox Fanatic

• Awards Ceiling Cat Star Hacker RAGE!! Tutorial Writer

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #5553 on: May 10, 2014, 04:08:30 PM »

Heya, good to see you PW! Smiley I'm excited for your upcoming plans! But something piqued my interest here: you mentioned kirby can't copy the EX characters, but can for regular slots... does that mean that it's possible to set up Kirby hats for those 7?? If you've got a lead, I'll see what I can do and get to work! And Stages!? Man... I'll be hanging around here for sure!
    Not unless you're able to add new actions to Kirby, so unfortunately so far it's a no.

I still talk to myself! If anyone wants to use anything I've done, feel free to! But do tell me where you use it, I want to see the finished product!

Power Marshall
    -JDeLL~
    Special Access

• Awards Hot Topic Heart Container Dedicated Hacker Tutorial Writer

• View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #5554 on: May 10, 2014, 05:45:35 PM »

Good to see you again, Phantom Wings. Thank you for all your continued support in the hacking scene ever since GSCentral lol. You're doing wonders with such a grand game. However, despite your patronage in hacking and modding smash bros., I feel like you don't get to enjoy the work you do as much as we do, or as much as you'd like to. I feel like, even though you've made pretty much everything we use today, you don't have the time to actually sit and enjoy it, and you just continue to work on it more without breaks. Obviously this is what I only see in my head, and by all means, correct me if I'm wrong.. I just feel like you just work and work, and that's probably exhausting. :/

Nevertheless, thank you for everything you've done with brawl. I can't wait for what you will have in store for us next! Cheesy
    « Last Edit: May 10, 2014, 05:46:26 PM by Power Marshall » Logged

Want to learn about my new project? Click here!
    Updated 1/18

Large Leader
    I'm shocked I'm allowed to still have this.
    Angel Kitten

• Awards Diamond in the Rough Renowned Hacker Active Contributor Super Saiyan Topic

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #5555 on: May 10, 2014, 05:54:24 PM »

Alright, so I got every clone that I wanted to test out set up correctly (aside from cosmetics). But I have one odd problem.

I wanted to make a clone for my upcoming PSA. So I used the Clone Tool and made a clone of Link. Then I edited the module so it wouldn't cause any conflicts and so it would load the new slot. I added in all the correct files and named them correctly. But every time I try to enter a battle (after I select a stage) it freezes.

Anyone know why?

Quote from: Miacis
    In other words, LURK MORE.
    Quote from: LC-DDM
    In other news, birds fly, sun shines, fishes swim, and the sky is [censored]ing BLUE.
    3. ... You seriously don't know who Clinton is?
    Quote from: Haseyo
    If only hacking Brawl paid bills.
    Quote from: Nanobuds
    O snap
    Quote from: DrPanda
    But you are in a Smash Bros. thread.
    You can't have an opinion here.

Power Marshall
    -JDeLL~
    Special Access

• Awards Hot Topic Heart Container Dedicated Hacker Tutorial Writer

• View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #5556 on: May 10, 2014, 06:04:31 PM »

Alright, so I got every clone that I wanted to test out set up correctly (aside from cosmetics). But I have one odd problem.

I wanted to make a clone for my upcoming PSA. So I used the Clone Tool and made a clone of Link. Then I edited the module so it wouldn't cause any conflicts and so it would load the new slot. I added in all the correct files and named them correctly. But every time I try to enter a battle (after I select a stage) it freezes.

Anyone know why?
    I just had that problem lol
    It just hangs at the SSS, right? (After selecting a stage?) Well, I saw my folder in my PF folder was named "Shadow Mario" and my .Rel module was named "Ft_ShadowMario.rel" So I took out the space, and it worked haha. Make sure the names match PERFECTLY Cheesy

Want to learn about my new project? Click here!
    Updated 1/18

Large Leader
    Angel Kitten

• Awards Diamond in the Rough Renowned Hacker Active Contributor Super Saiyan Topic

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #5557 on: May 10, 2014, 06:09:25 PM »

The only difference for mine is that the module file isn't capitalized while the FitFighter.pac files are capitalized.

And I know for a fact that that's not the problem (I have ft_roy and FitRoy.pac and Roy works perfectly).

In other news, birds fly, sun shines, fishes swim, and the sky is [censored]ing BLUE.
    O snap

Lillith
    Heroic Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #5558 on: May 10, 2014, 06:14:36 PM »

You may be missing something in your character folder...
    I do that all the time ;_;

I still talk to myself! If anyone wants to use anything I've done, feel free to! But do tell me where you use it, I want to see the finished product!

Large Leader
    Angel Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #5559 on: May 10, 2014, 06:20:59 PM »

I made sure that I'm not missing anything.

I have the FitFighter.pac, then all the costume files, the motionetc, the two spy files, the final, and the two dark files.

O snap

Don Jon Bravo
    Heroic Kitten

• Awards Boo! Starstormer Super Saiyan Topic Famous Hacker

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #5560 on: May 10, 2014, 06:28:27 PM »

Yo PW
    very hyped for your updates
    thanks mate

Lillith
    Heroic Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #5561 on: May 10, 2014, 06:28:50 PM »

What does your fighter config look like?

Large Leader
    Angel Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #5562 on: May 10, 2014, 06:34:23 PM »

What does your fighter config look like?

I'unno. Just used Sammi's Clone Tool and was done with it.

I haven't gotten to the 58 or whichever slot glitches out. I just got to 44 with the new clone Tongue

O snap

Lillith
    Heroic Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #5563 on: May 10, 2014, 06:41:36 PM »

I do all my clones manually, I don't know if using the tool screwed something up or not...

Large Leader
    Angel Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #5564 on: May 10, 2014, 06:48:33 PM »

It hasn't screwed up any of the first five clones. I don't know why it'd just randomly mess this one up.

O snap

Pages:  1 ... 368 369 370 [371] 372 373 374 ... 590
    Print
    Jump to: