Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Pages:  1 ... 369 370 371 [372] 373 374 375 ... 590
Author Topic: The Brawl Expansion Project  (Read 2826809 times)
Lillith
Heroic Kitten

Resident Lunatic & Fox Fanatic

• Awards Ceiling Cat Star Hacker RAGE!! Tutorial Writer

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #5565 on: May 10, 2014, 06:52:13 PM »

Could I have a look at the config files, then?

I still talk to myself! If anyone wants to use anything I've done, feel free to! But do tell me where you use it, I want to see the finished product!

Large Leader
    I'm shocked I'm allowed to still have this.
    Angel Kitten

• Awards Diamond in the Rough Renowned Hacker Active Contributor Super Saiyan Topic

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #5566 on: May 10, 2014, 06:54:38 PM »

Sent in a PM

Quote from: Miacis
    In other words, LURK MORE.
    Quote from: LC-DDM
    In other news, birds fly, sun shines, fishes swim, and the sky is [censored]ing BLUE.
    Quote from: Miacis
    3. ... You seriously don't know who Clinton is?
    Quote from: Haseyo
    If only hacking Brawl paid bills.
    Quote from: Nanobuds
    O snap
    Quote from: DrPanda
    But you are in a Smash Bros. thread.
    You can't have an opinion here.

Steam/SSBB Guy
    Extreme Kitten

• Awards Tutorial Writer

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #5567 on: May 10, 2014, 07:01:31 PM »

Does the clone have the stock icon used for random?

Lillith
    Heroic Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #5568 on: May 10, 2014, 07:03:42 PM »

By default, yes, although that can be changed by... Doing something... Not too sure >.>

I still talk to myself! If anyone wants to use anything I've done, feel free to! But do tell me where you use it, I want to see the finished product!

secretchaos1
    Extreme Kitten

Well, I don't want to leave this blank

• Awards Star Hacker >9000 Featured Shadow the Pinhog

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #5569 on: May 10, 2014, 07:19:32 PM »

The BrawlEx Stage Roster Expansion will probably be my next big project once I get the BrawlEx Clone Engine to a state where I want it to be.
    Super hyped for this. It would be awesome to be able to access all the other custom stages the sss doesn't have room to access, let alone anything else you might have planned for it.

Pkjoan
    Intermediate Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #5570 on: May 10, 2014, 08:43:58 PM »

I have a problem, I downloaded Kitsu BrawlEX pack and I can't get it to work. I copied all the files just how they were packed but my game keeps freezing on the strap menu, the online interactions and sometimes at the css. Also, the pack keeps giving me the same picture of an EX character instead of the other ones (ie. Ridley, Waluigi).

Additional info: I use an ISO and load it via CFG MOD R65 or USB GX.

Steam/SSBB Guy
    Extreme Kitten

• Awards Tutorial Writer

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #5571 on: May 10, 2014, 09:40:06 PM »

Okay I've got some more news on my pack while I'm not gonna have Anime Characters and originally said to only have Nintendo/Sega/Square Mainly Kingdom Hearts I'm gonna add one more game franchise but I'd like for you guys to choose between two Franchise choices First choice is Final Fantasy the other choice for franchise choices is Touhou Project. another choice for you guys is which Oot Link should I go with the Project M Version made by Pik which is made with the Original Melee Link in mind, or The version made by Tormod which Brought Oot Link into Brawl   If I'm not allowed to post this here then simply tell me and I'll make a topic on my own pack and ask there.
    « Last Edit: May 10, 2014, 10:39:56 PM by Brstmguy » Logged

Mariohuge
    Mega Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #5572 on: May 10, 2014, 09:47:21 PM »

So is there anyone who actually knows how to make stock icons for characters? I tried using frostymm's setup but the stock icons are those of red Sonic's. I'm also still having trouble with the final smash music thing, as even when setting up the fighter.dats to luigi and the rest, they still don't play music when they use their final smash.

EDIT: NVM about the stock, looks like ima have to do that myself.
    « Last Edit: May 10, 2014, 09:53:28 PM by Mariohuge9001 » Logged

robintjuh
    Expert Kitten

• Awards RAGE!! Dedicated Hacker >9000 Tutorial Writer

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #5573 on: May 10, 2014, 11:06:11 PM »

So is there anyone who actually knows how to make stock icons for characters? I tried using frostymm's setup but the stock icons are those of red Sonic's. I'm also still having trouble with the final smash music thing, as even when setting up the fighter.dats to luigi and the rest, they still don't play music when they use their final smash.

EDIT: NVM about the stock, looks like ima have to do myself.
    if you want a tutorial about stock icons i made  one here  is the link http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=66888.0

Mariohuge
    Mega Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #5574 on: May 10, 2014, 11:11:32 PM »

Nah, I'm good. I just wanted to replace the ones on the result screen and was able to. Thanks anyways.

Nebulon
    Holy Kitten

• Awards Tutorial Writer Super Saiyan Topic Dedicated Hacker Heart Container

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #5575 on: May 11, 2014, 02:45:35 PM »

So if we're gonna have 128 characters available then the CSs screen will be 8 rows of 16.

That'll be massive. Smiley Heya Phantom Wings, what's your goal for levels then??

Want to talk about my pack? Let's take it over here to the Brawl 4 All thread: http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=71453.msg1306822#msg1306822

Lillith
    Heroic Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #5576 on: May 11, 2014, 02:48:51 PM »

So if we're gonna have 128 characters available then the CSs screen will be 8 rows of 16. That'll be massive. Smiley Heya Phantom Wings, what's your goal for levels then??
    He said he'd do that so we don't need to resort to using boss characters.
    But still, MORE CHARACTER SLOTS.
    « Last Edit: May 11, 2014, 02:50:28 PM by Kagerou Imaizumi » Logged

PhantomWings
    Mega Kitten

• Awards Super Saiyan Topic Featured

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #5577 on: May 11, 2014, 03:14:06 PM »

Heya, good to see you PW! Smiley

I'm excited for your upcoming plans! But something piqued my interest here: you mentioned kirby can't copy the EX characters, but can for regular slots... does that mean that it's possible to set up Kirby hats for those 7?? If you've got a lead, I'll see what I can do and get to work!

And Stages!? Man... I'll be hanging around here for sure!

I only briefly touched on it when making the fix to prevent Kirby from copying ExCharacters, but this is what I know:

When Kirby copies a character, the character's Fighter Id is sent to a function located in ft_kirby.rel at roughly m60[1] 0xD420. At this particular point, the code checks if the id is either Kirby's id (which he can't copy), the alloys' ids (which he can't copy either), or an ExCharacter's id (added by BrawlEx). If the id is valid, it sets it into one of Kirby's soWorkManageModule variables (i.e. one of the PSA variables). From there, only if the previous check was valid, another code located around m60[1] +0x1D618 will read that id and use it to lookup into a table of ft<Character>Transactor objects located in BSS memory at m60[6] +0xD20. These objects are declared inside sora_melee and seem to be responsible for creating the copied articles that Kirby uses. When Kirby copies one of the Forbidden 7, the ft<Character>Transactor entry inside the table is null - which is what causes the game to crash.

Besides that, I don't know too much else. Specifically, I don't the exactly which point is responsible for deciding which action Kirby's Neutral-B will do. If I were to suggest a place for you to start though, it would be in either of the two functions I mentioned above.

Good to see you again, Phantom Wings. Thank you for all your continued support in the hacking scene ever since GSCentral lol. You're doing wonders with such a grand game. However, despite your patronage in hacking and modding smash bros., I feel like you don't get to enjoy the work you do as much as we do, or as much as you'd like to. I feel like, even though you've made pretty much everything we use today, you don't have the time to actually sit and enjoy it, and you just continue to work on it more without breaks. Obviously this is what I only see in my head, and by all means, correct me if I'm wrong.. I just feel like you just work and work, and that's probably exhausting. :/

Nevertheless, thank you for everything you've done with brawl. I can't wait for what you will have in store for us next! Cheesy

It's good to see you too Power Marshall, I still remember you from back then when things were just getting started in GSCentral.

Thanks for your concern, but actually, the main reason that many of these updates are delayed for so long is because I'm usually off doing other things in life - some of that includes playing Brawl Smiley. As for why I keep coming back to this game in particular, that's mainly because I like hacking it. That, and it has one of the best hacking communities for a console game with many talented modders and active hackers like myself.

So don't worry too much about me getting burnt out. I do this because this is how I like to spend my spare time.

Okay I've got some more news on my pack while I'm not gonna have Anime Characters and originally said to only have Nintendo/Sega/Square Mainly Kingdom Hearts I'm gonna add one more game franchise but I'd like for you guys to choose between two Franchise choices First choice is Final Fantasy the other choice for franchise choices is Touhou Project. another choice for you guys is which Oot Link should I go with the Project M Version made by Pik which is made with the Original Melee Link in mind, or The version made by Tormod which Brought Oot Link into Brawl  

If I'm not allowed to post this here then simply tell me and I'll make a topic on my own pack and ask there.

I'm mostly alright with whatever gets posted here as long as it pertains to BrawlEx. That being said, there's a lot of topics floating around in this thread, so I think you'd get a bit more concise of a discussion about your pack if you made your own thread for it.

So if we're gonna have 128 characters available then the CSs screen will be 8 rows of 16.

That'll be massive. Smiley Heya Phantom Wings, what's your goal for levels then??

As Kagerou Imaizumi mentioned, even though we will have 128 slots, we still have a technical limitation of approximately 15 of those slots being somewhat unusable. 100 is probably where everyone will want to stop at.

As for stages, I'm toying with the idea of hijacking the scrolling stage list for Stage Builder levels so that there's no limitation on the number of stages that can be added to the SSS. That's just an idea though.
    « Last Edit: May 11, 2014, 03:19:26 PM by PhantomWings » Logged

KingJigglypuff
    Meme Machine
    Brawl Vault Staff

• Awards RAGE!! >9000 Hyperactive Contributor Heart Container

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #5578 on: May 11, 2014, 03:27:56 PM »

I'm not sure if the issue has been fixed, but has the BrawlEx character crash with Kirby (when the FighterXX.dat has a Kirby Hat set, ans the player selects the BrawlEx character and Kirby, then it crashes) issue been fixed?

I don't take requests.

My PSA Thread

Sammi Husky
    Lol Kitten

• Awards Fiery Topic Renowned Hacker >9000 King for a Day

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #5579 on: May 11, 2014, 04:02:16 PM »

When Kirby copies a character, the character's Fighter Id is sent to a function located in ft_kirby.rel at roughly m60[1] 0xD420. At this particular point, the code checks if the id is either Kirby's id (which he can't copy), the alloys' ids (which he can't copy either), or an ExCharacter's id (added by BrawlEx). If the id is valid, it sets it into one of Kirby's soWorkManageModule variables (i.e. one of the PSA variables). From there, only if the previous check was valid, another code located around m60[1] +0x1D618 will read that id and use it to lookup into a table of ft<Character>Transactor objects located in BSS memory at m60[6] +0xD20. These objects are declared inside sora_melee and seem to be responsible for creating the copied articles that Kirby uses. When Kirby copies one of the Forbidden 7, the ft<Character>Transactor entry inside the table is null - which is what causes the game to crash.

oh ho ho? well, looks like i have something to toy around with Wink i sure hope i find something awesome!

As for why I keep coming back to this game in particular, that's mainly because I like hacking it. That, and it has one of the best hacking communities for a console game with many talented modders and active hackers like myself.

So don't worry too much about me getting burnt out. I do this because this is how I like to spend my spare time.

Thats good to hear. It's the same for me lol, there's just something in me that doesn't want to stop hacking this game and figuring out new things until it's completely done, and then some, though im nowhere near as knowledgable yet, i must learn moar  Kirby Dance

Pages:  1 ... 369 370 371 [372] 373 374 375 ... 590
    Print
    Jump to: