Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Pages:  1 ... 370 371 372 [373] 374 375 376 ... 590
Author Topic: The Brawl Expansion Project  (Read 2827173 times)
Nebulon
Holy Kitten

• Awards Tutorial Writer Super Saiyan Topic Dedicated Hacker Heart Container

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #5580 on: May 11, 2014, 04:30:21 PM »

Heya, I don't know if it's a side effect of EX or not but someone told me that normally you can select Sheik or Zelda by clicking the csp or something (like the Pokemon). Is his true, and if so does Brawl Ex not let me do it? Or did I mess something up?

Also, in response to Phantom Wings, I see. It qould technically still help since in order to fill the CSS as much as I was trying to do, I'd need to put in Sheik, Squirtle, Ivysaur, Charizard, Giga, and Warioman. So in a way this opens up slots for people like me too Smiley I can't imagine 128 myself, but if you ever decide to increase the CSS by even a bit then I'll be sure to test it out Smiley

Want to talk about my pack? Let's take it over here to the Brawl 4 All thread: http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=71453.msg1306822#msg1306822

HaloFanODST
    Holy Kitten

• Awards Hey! Listen! Good Citizen Heart Container

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #5581 on: May 11, 2014, 04:39:34 PM »

Heya, I don't know if it's a side effect of EX or not but someone told me that normally you can select Sheik or Zelda by clicking the csp or something (like the Pokemon). Is his true, and if so does Brawl Ex not let me do it? Or did I mess something up?

Also, in response to Phantom Wings, I see. It qould technically still help since in order to fill the CSS as much as I was trying to do, I'd need to put in Sheik, Squirtle, Ivysaur, Charizard, Giga, and Warioman. So in a way this opens up slots for people like me too Smiley I can't imagine 128 myself, but if you ever decide to increase the CSS by even a bit then I'll be sure to test it out Smiley

Shiek, Giga, Warioman and ZSS are good to put in.
    But Squirtle, Ivysaur and Charizard are pointless, unless you are trying to make them dependant. I mean, making them have their own slots, but still be able to have a Down-B or Final Smash.

Before someone attacks me:
    No, I won't say/accept the term "American" to refer exclusively to people or things from the United States.
    America is a continent and deal with it.
    I'm an American, but not necessarily from the U.S.

PhantomWings
    Mega Kitten

• Awards Super Saiyan Topic Featured

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #5582 on: May 11, 2014, 05:01:57 PM »

That's a function of the BrawlEx CSS Expansion. It automatically implements the codes that separates out Zelda and Sheik's icons. If it proves to be a problem, I could probably just put in a flag that would allow people to toggle this particular feature.

On the same topic, I've thought about expanding this particular feature to allow two or more characters to be bound to a single CSS icon. This would allow you to have a similar effect to ProjectM's Mario/Dr.Mario setup for any character. All you would need to do would be to click on one of the two corners of their portrait to switch between the two characters.

Nebulon
    Holy Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #5583 on: May 11, 2014, 05:05:33 PM »

That's a function of the BrawlEx CSS Expansion. It automatically implements the codes that separates out Zelda and Sheik's icons. If it proves to be a problem, I could probably just put in a flag that would allow people to toggle this particular feature.

On the same topic, I've thought about expanding this particular feature to allow two or more characters to be bound to a single CSS icon. This would allow you to have a similar effect to ProjectM's Mario/Dr.Mario setup for any character. All you would need to do would be to click on one of the two corners of their portrait to switch between the two characters.

Hmmm, ya know that'd be pretty cool actually. I'd use it for sure Smiley

Post Merge: May 11, 2014, 05:08:14 PM
    Also, using the Custom level screen would be awesome Smiley

How would custom music work? You'd probably just have to select music from the game I'm assuming, of course with all of your power I guess it's not safe to assume anything Smiley
    « Last Edit: May 11, 2014, 05:08:14 PM by Nebulon » Logged

Want to talk about my pack? Let's take it over here to the Brawl 4 All thread: http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=71453.msg1306822#msg1306822

Ricky (Br3)
    KC:MM Family JesterㅤThe Last One Here
    Administrator

• Awards KCMM Storyteller Decade Staff RAGE!! Warm Welcomer

• View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #5584 on: May 11, 2014, 05:14:00 PM »

The new features all got me grinning from ear to ear.

ㅤlㅤ

ㅤlㅤ

Steam/SSBB Guy
    Extreme Kitten

• Awards Tutorial Writer

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #5585 on: May 11, 2014, 07:29:30 PM »

Dude That's something I've wanted for a while a way to have mutiple versions of a character like Mario and Link with different movesets to share a single spot on the css, But would there be a limit of the number of fighters sharing the same slot yet have unique movesets?

Nebulon
    Holy Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #5586 on: May 11, 2014, 07:38:29 PM »

Dude That's something I've wanted for a while a way to have mutiple versions of a character like Mario and Link with different movesets to share a single spot on the css, But would there be a limit of the number of fighters sharing the same slot yet have unique movesets?

I'd imagine it would. Even Sheik and Pokes use the IDs when loading them from CSPs. They have to have IDs to call upon, ya know?.

Steam/SSBB Guy
    Extreme Kitten

• Awards Tutorial Writer

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #5587 on: May 11, 2014, 08:06:13 PM »

Well I've got IDs set up for the clones

secretchaos1
    Extreme Kitten

Well, I don't want to leave this blank

• Awards Star Hacker >9000 Featured Shadow the Pinhog

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #5588 on: May 11, 2014, 08:18:26 PM »

As for stages, I'm toying with the idea of hijacking the scrolling stage list for Stage Builder levels so that there's no limitation on the number of stages that can be added to the SSS. That's just an idea though.
    That idea both sounds really convenient and inconvenient at the same time. It's got all of the stages on one page, which saves from the pain of switching between numerous ones and it allows for way more to be put in there. Though I'd see a drawback from having to actually scroll through such a large amount of stages as opposed to seeing the mini previews and sliding over to whichever one catches your eye or you know is the one you want to play. Though really it depends on how many stages you have I suppose, and as long as your favourite are sorted to the top of the list and the rest can pop up in random I wouldn't really be bothered by it. It's definitely worth it if the trade off is to have unlimited space for stages to select.

Ricky (Br3)
    KC:MM Family JesterㅤThe Last One Here
    Administrator

• Awards KCMM Storyteller Decade Staff RAGE!! Warm Welcomer

• View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #5589 on: May 11, 2014, 08:48:13 PM »

I think you posted this on the wrong thread, Riddler...

ㅤlㅤ

ㅤlㅤ

Blazingflare
    Mega Kitten

Beep Beep Beep Boop

• Awards Fiery Topic

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #5590 on: May 12, 2014, 02:02:31 AM »

I only briefly touched on it when making the fix to prevent Kirby from copying ExCharacters, but this is what I know:

When Kirby copies a character, the character's Fighter Id is sent to a function located in ft_kirby.rel at roughly m60[1] 0xD420. At this particular point, the code checks if the id is either Kirby's id (which he can't copy), the alloys' ids (which he can't copy either), or an ExCharacter's id (added by BrawlEx). If the id is valid, it sets it into one of Kirby's soWorkManageModule variables (i.e. one of the PSA variables). From there, only if the previous check was valid, another code located around m60[1] +0x1D618 will read that id and use it to lookup into a table of ft<Character>Transactor objects located in BSS memory at m60[6] +0xD20. These objects are declared inside sora_melee and seem to be responsible for creating the copied articles that Kirby uses. When Kirby copies one of the Forbidden 7, the ft<Character>Transactor entry inside the table is null - which is what causes the game to crash.

Besides that, I don't know too much else. Specifically, I don't the exactly which point is responsible for deciding which action Kirby's Neutral-B will do. If I were to suggest a place for you to start though, it would be in either of the two functions I mentioned above.
    I'm curious how the Project M team pulled off Kirby hats for Mewtwo and Roy now.

Also, are there any tutorials I could use to separate the fighter effect files so they don't conflict? I tried doing so myself, but got lost.

brawlboy22
    Expert Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #5591 on: May 12, 2014, 01:46:22 PM »

The new features all got me grinning from ear to ear.

Can't wait until br3compactor releases his custom brawlex CSS

Riddler
    Some sort of Genius
    Special Access

Riddle me this!

• Awards Heart Container Favorite'd

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #5592 on: May 12, 2014, 06:02:49 PM »

I think you posted this on the wrong thread, Riddler...
    how in the hell did i manage that

whoops

Boasting Toast
    Advanced Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #5593 on: May 12, 2014, 09:55:02 PM »

I've got a bit of a problem

I added Roy, Mewtwo, and Shadow, they work fine and everything, except one thing; I'm using PW's Hitstun code, and when adding more hitstun, the cloned characters can aerial or airdodge out of the hitstun, while the default characters can't. Any way I can fix this?

Steam/SSBB Guy
    Extreme Kitten

• Awards Tutorial Writer

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #5594 on: May 12, 2014, 10:02:25 PM »

Is there any idea on which .dat file for the clone causes the game to crash on Team Battles?

Pages:  1 ... 370 371 372 [373] 374 375 376 ... 590
    Print
    Jump to: