Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Pages:  1 ... 399 400 401 [402] 403 404 405 ... 590
Author Topic: The Brawl Expansion Project  (Read 2842235 times)
KingJigglypuff
Meme Machine
Brawl Vault Staff

• Awards RAGE!! >9000 Hyperactive Contributor Heart Container

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #6015 on: June 03, 2014, 10:58:47 AM »

I'd support a new thread, as well. Just out of curiosity, have there been any new updates other than updates to Sammi's tools since the Captain Falcon module?
    PhantomWings is working on an update that fixes various crashes and bugs with Single Player Modes.

I also believe he said he has a BrawlEx-like system for SFX and Stages in the works.

I don't take requests.

My PSA Thread

Tabuu Forte Akugun
    Boss Kitten

Smash 4 Main: Bowser

• Awards Heart Container Famous Hacker Starstormer Super Saiyan Topic

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #6016 on: June 03, 2014, 11:08:46 AM »

PhantomWings is working on an update that fixes various crashes and bugs with Single Player Modes.

I also believe he said he has a BrawlEx-like system for SFX and Stages in the works.

SFX?? No way... THAT I'm hyped for. Wink

HaloFanODST
    Holy Kitten

• Awards Hey! Listen! Good Citizen Heart Container

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #6017 on: June 03, 2014, 11:12:15 AM »

How do you know about that?

Has he told you?
    I hope that's real. Specially for the SFX and Single Player modes.

Before someone attacks me:
    No, I won't say/accept the term "American" to refer exclusively to people or things from the United States.
    America is a continent and deal with it.
    I'm an American, but not necessarily from the U.S.

ShinF
    Supreme Kitten

• Awards Tutorial Writer Pin Collector Hot Topic Featured

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #6018 on: June 03, 2014, 11:13:28 AM »

Ah, I do remember him mentioning that the last time he was around. No word on it yet, though, hmm? Alright, guess I'll check back in in another month Tongue

Want cBliss on your BrawlEx Build? Check out this tutorial!

KingJigglypuff
    Meme Machine
    Brawl Vault Staff

• Awards RAGE!! >9000 Hyperactive Contributor Heart Container

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #6019 on: June 03, 2014, 11:16:14 AM »

How do you know about that?

Has he told you?
    He told everyone.

Anyways, I may as well give you guys a heads up for what's to come in the next release. It might not be as grand as anyone may have been thinking, but I think it covers some of the most essential features.

-Expanding the number of character slots from 100 to 128:
    For the most part, I want to avoid using the forbidden 7 slots and the boss slots all together as ExSlots are a lot more secure than regular slots (e.g. Kirby is unable to copy ExSlot characters whereas that's not the case for regular slots). Increasing the roster to 128 should allow us to properly have 100 characters in the roster despite the unused slots.

-Fixing All Star and Classic mode for ExCharacters:
    I'd like to get BrawlEx to a state where there is a minimal chance of the game crashing providing everything is configured properly.

-Various config file updates:
    -- Add Result Camera data to Slot Configs.
    -- Add Victory Announcer Calls to Slot Configs.
    -- Add ColorSet identifiers to Slot Configs. (allowing colors to show up properly in training mode)
    -- Add per-color Final Smashes to Fighter Configs.

As of today, all of these features are up and running as standalone units. The main cause for delay has been implementing it all into the bx_fighter.rel file.

As for the other features,

I haven't taken the time to do sound effects, but I have a feeling that if I were to do them, I would implement them as a separate BrawlEx system similar to how the CSSRosterExpansion is separate from the Clone Engine.

Modules are always on my todo list, but right now they aren't really a primary focus.

The BrawlEx Stage Roster Expansion will probably be my next big project once I get the BrawlEx Clone Engine to a state where I want it to be. The old Stage Roster Expansion code has a lot of room for improvement which I think could be implemented better using custom modules.

Seeing as I have all the core features for the next release ready, I expect that I'll be able to make the next BrawlEx Clone Engine release reasonably soon. But as usual, I can't make any guarantees.

I don't take requests.

My PSA Thread

HaloFanODST
    Holy Kitten

• Awards Hey! Listen! Good Citizen Heart Container

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #6020 on: June 03, 2014, 11:49:05 AM »

He told everyone.

Ah yeah. He said that a while ago.
    But I thought he had confirmed it.

Before someone attacks me:
    No, I won't say/accept the term "American" to refer exclusively to people or things from the United States.
    America is a continent and deal with it.
    I'm an American, but not necessarily from the U.S.

Ricky (Br3)
    KC:MM Family JesterㅤThe Last One Here
    Administrator

• Awards KCMM Storyteller Decade Staff RAGE!! Warm Welcomer

• View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #6021 on: June 03, 2014, 11:50:28 AM »

BrawlEX stage expansion will be sweet. Specially if we can manage to have multiple pages.

Hell, even if it was all fitting into both the avaliable pages. It'd be dope as [censored].

ㅤlㅤ

ㅤlㅤ

KidCraft24
    Mega Kitten

Brawl DX Creator

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #6022 on: June 03, 2014, 11:50:45 AM »

hopefully he also is fixing some of the bugged EX modules like Olimar's

Click The Logo To Find Out More
    Click the Link To Download Now
    https://www.mediafire.com/?vpg7cn3ohvgh513 Download for SD cards 2 GigaBytes or less
    http://www.mediafire.com/download/3b9ax3zb97xw1r7 Download for SDHC Users

Nebulon
    Holy Kitten

• Awards Tutorial Writer Super Saiyan Topic Dedicated Hacker Heart Container

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #6023 on: June 03, 2014, 12:04:52 PM »

BrawlEX stage expansion will be sweet. Specially if we can manage to have multiple pages.

Hell, even if it was all fitting into both the avaliable pages. It'd be dope as [censored].

I've been wanting this for ever...

Want to talk about my pack? Let's take it over here to the Brawl 4 All thread: http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=71453.msg1306822#msg1306822

Steam/SSBB Guy
    Extreme Kitten

• Awards Tutorial Writer

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #6024 on: June 03, 2014, 01:13:32 PM »

I've encountered a weird glitch in Sammi's tool, I had decided to remove the configs, and modules for the clones to try and fix a minor bug I have, Problem is while it recognized me adding the clones, it apparently doesn't add them to my new cssroster.dat thus leaving the css unchanged except for the original fighters.

Sammi Husky
    Lol Kitten

• Awards Fiery Topic Renowned Hacker >9000 King for a Day

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #6025 on: June 03, 2014, 01:24:05 PM »

I've encountered a weird glitch in Sammi's tool, I had decided to remove the configs, and modules for the clones to try and fix a minor bug I have, Problem is while it recognized me adding the clones, it apparently doesn't add them to my new cssroster.dat thus leaving the css unchanged except for the original fighters.
    Do you mean you removed configs manually and added in a new clone by hand?

If you edit or remove anything from the folders then the tool has no way to know what you did to it. It will only add clones to the roster if you added those clones with the tool. Adding them by hand means you have to edit the CSSRoster.dat by hand. It only adds clones to the roster when the add button is clicked

AutumnVen
    Supreme Kitten

Flaming Dunsparce! Your argument is invalid.

• Awards RAGE!! Fiery Topic Dedicated Hacker Heart Container

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #6026 on: June 03, 2014, 01:42:27 PM »

Do you mean you removed configs manually and added in a new clone by hand?

If you edit or remove anything from the folders then the tool has no way to know what you did to it. It will only add clones to the roster if you added those clones with the tool. Adding them by hand means you have to edit the CSSRoster.dat by hand. It only adds clones to the roster when the add button is clicked
    So is your tool able to identify clones that are already created by hand? Like I have my current build where I did most everything by hand, does the tool identify those previously added clones and works off that, and can you edit those previous clones as well? I would test it out, but I currently don't have a computer to work on them... I am actually using my computer at work right now to check in. Tongue

Sammi Husky
    Lol Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #6027 on: June 03, 2014, 02:53:28 PM »

If everything is setup correctly, the tool will read and recognize them yes. The only thing i don't ever recommend doing is editing configs, adding removing clones, or just in general messing with things while the tool is running. Thats where you will run into problems. In reality though, if everything is done correctly, and then you open it with the tool, it should recognize everything.

In other news~ The next thing im going to work on for the tool is a way to manage your costume slots, as well as a way to display and remove cosmetic slots easily. That way if you remove a clone you dont have to manually change over or replace his cosmetics.

The costume editor will be a little form (likely accessible from right click) that will allow you to specify how many costumes, what order the costumes are, what team color is what costume, etc etc.

I MAY also make a way to edit the CSS code graphically like the current Roster editor. maybe i can use the same form even.

tooterp
    Advanced Kitten

View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #6028 on: June 03, 2014, 03:29:59 PM »

when i use the tool sometimes it says an error and says out of memory and after that all the boxes get screwed up what do you think that is

You probably know me from here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fi7OKSoNMUE

Sammi Husky
    Lol Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #6029 on: June 03, 2014, 03:46:46 PM »

Thats weird, i've never encountered that before. What version of windows are you using?

Pages:  1 ... 399 400 401 [402] 403 404 405 ... 590
    Print
    Jump to: