Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Pages:  1 ... 412 413 414 [415] 416 417 418 ... 590
Author Topic: The Brawl Expansion Project  (Read 2838088 times)
leondanny56
Mega Kitten

View Profile Awards
« Reply #6210 on: June 08, 2014, 10:56:30 PM »

Well if it works with Riivo it should work with the Project-M launcher/Gecko, going to give it a spin soon.

it should i don't see why it wouldn't.

i just use riivo because when ever i was using the project m lancher the damage and knouckback seamed inconsistent.

but with riivo the damage and knouckback seem to stay consistent.

so that's why i use riivo instead.
« Last Edit: June 08, 2014, 10:57:50 PM by leondanny56 » Logged

quote from Nepgear: i can do many things, just nothing particularly well.

24tee
Expert Kitten

If there is Smash, there is Bros.

View Profile Awards
« Reply #6211 on: June 08, 2014, 11:14:15 PM »

So when using riivo now i get to the CSS. My codes all work fine but instead of brawlex i get the regular old roster. Any help?

leondanny56
Mega Kitten

View Profile Awards
« Reply #6212 on: June 08, 2014, 11:21:42 PM »

So when using riivo now i get to the CSS. My codes all work fine but instead of brawlex i get the regular old roster. Any help?

i think you forgot to set the hook to axnextframe also make sure code set is minus3.3 test.
« Last Edit: June 08, 2014, 11:22:51 PM by leondanny56 » Logged

KingImpris
Expert Kitten

View Profile Awards
« Reply #6213 on: June 08, 2014, 11:23:43 PM »

has anyone tested it on the console?

24tee
Expert Kitten

View Profile Awards
« Reply #6214 on: June 08, 2014, 11:24:16 PM »

Both of those are at the right settings. Same result

leondanny56
Mega Kitten

View Profile Awards
« Reply #6215 on: June 08, 2014, 11:29:07 PM »

Both of those are at the right settings. Same result

are you using it with the file patch code 3.1.5b or the older one? it needs to be the 3.1.5b file patch to work.

also if your useing a sd card that's bigger than 2gig than you also have to use the sdhc extension code.

Post Merge: June 08, 2014, 11:31:44 PM
the riivolution way won't work if your trying to use a jump drive with it, it has to be an sd card.
« Last Edit: June 08, 2014, 11:31:44 PM by leondanny56 » Logged

24tee
Expert Kitten

View Profile Awards
« Reply #6216 on: June 08, 2014, 11:40:40 PM »

are you using it with the file patch code 3.1.5b or the older one? it needs to be the 3.1.5b file patch to work.

also if your useing a sd card that's bigger than 2gig than you also have to use the sdhc extension code.

Post Merge: June 08, 2014, 11:31:44 PM
the riivolution way won't work if your trying to use a jump drive with it, it has to be an sd card.

Oh okay, i'll try with my SD tomorrow.

PhantomWings
Mega Kitten

• Awards Super Saiyan Topic Featured

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #6217 on: June 09, 2014, 12:12:44 AM »

So I'm trying the new build with a build with 51 CSS icons and I don't see any big issues....
    The Toon Link EX module is working great with Simon so far too.
    except for 1.

Is there a way to customize how the CSS icons are arranged when using the CSS Expansion thing? This big waste of screen real estate makes me really sad, as there's no reason to have them so small and arranged to have 100 icons, when I only have 51.

Right now, the only way to rearrange the icons is to manually move the bones around in the last frame of the MenSelChrPos_TopN model in scselcharacter.pac. Each frame of the animation corresponds to the number of icons on the CSS. However, if there isn't a frame for a number, it'll just use the last frame.

yes it was but no frezeeing or anything just a slight lag but only happens when cycling through fast but if slow cycle through each color no lag.

Post Merge: June 08, 2014, 10:46:43 PM
    but it could be because im using riivolution and yes it does work with riivolution.

If it's just a slight lag, I might actually be able to fix it. For some reason, the game loads every icon once when highlighting it, and then once more when leaving it. This means that every time you change icons, the game is loading from the SD card twice. Likewise for when switching colors. I'm not sure why it exhibits this behavior, but if it's possible to remove it, it should make things run a lot smoother.

Concerning the Riivolution issue: from what I understand, the main technique is to load the Gecko hook patch into the game using Riivolution and then add the File Patch Code 3.1.5b ontop of that. This allows the BrawlEx Components to be loaded via the File Patch Code from the SD card while the actual game files can be loaded through Riivolution from the USB or SD device. I don't really see any problem with this, but I'd like to see if it's possible to get the BrawlEx components to be loaded via Riivolution as well.

leondanny56
    Mega Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #6218 on: June 09, 2014, 12:30:29 AM »

Right now, the only way to rearrange the icons is to manually move the bones around in the last frame of the MenSelChrPos_TopN model in scselcharacter.pac. Each frame of the animation corresponds to the number of icons on the CSS. However, if there isn't a frame for a number, it'll just use the last frame.

If it's just a slight lag, I might actually be able to fix it. For some reason, the game loads every icon once when highlighting it, and then once more when leaving it. This means that every time you change icons, the game is loading from the SD card twice. Likewise for when switching colors. I'm not sure why it exhibits this behavior, but if it's possible to remove it, it should make things run a lot smoother.

Concerning the Riivolution issue: from what I understand, the main technique is to load the Gecko hook patch into the game using Riivolution and then add the File Patch Code 3.1.5b ontop of that. This allows the BrawlEx Components to be loaded via the File Patch Code from the SD card while the actual game files can be loaded through Riivolution from the USB or SD device. I don't really see any problem with this, but I'd like to see if it's possible to get the BrawlEx components to be loaded via Riivolution as well.

yeah it's just a slight lag nothing major also about the brawlex components it seems that they all work same as geco when im using riivo, what i mean is i am able to select any of the clone i have made so far and use it in battle seems to work just fine and that even using your most recent brawlex version 2 seems fine so far.

Post Merge: June 09, 2014, 12:36:32 AM
    also your right about the main technique to load brawlex with riivo.

it's exactly as you said you use the file patch 3.1.5b with the brawl minus.xml and it works perfectly.

and if you add the sdhc extension code on top of that your able to use sd cards that are bigger than 2gig.

you can also save custom stages to sd cards that are 4gig and up this way.
    « Last Edit: June 09, 2014, 12:36:32 AM by leondanny56 » Logged

shadowXtreme
    Extreme Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #6219 on: June 09, 2014, 01:14:47 AM »

Haha, you got me. Bowser Jr. doesn't actually work yet. I meant to have his module done before doing this release, but I thought I'd get the newest version released sooner rather than later.

Fortunately the Stage Roster Expansion system is pretty much already complete in the form of the Stage Roster Expansion Code. The only issue I can foresee is adding the extra icons to the Stage Select Screen. Of course, I've already done that once before for the CSS Roster, so I don't think it should be too hard to do a second time. If you'd like, I can see about giving you a rundown on how the Stage Roster Expansion code works, but I'd first need to revisit it myself to reacquaint myself with it.

Pw, It could be good If you something on your BX stage loader, to make it work in a similar way as Dants stage loader, in order to have a hellish amount of stages, without having trouble with stage icons on the stage select screen..

secretchaos1
    Extreme Kitten

Well, I don't want to leave this blank

• Awards Star Hacker >9000 Featured Shadow the Pinhog

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #6220 on: June 09, 2014, 01:17:50 AM »

Well, it works but that lag time is something awful. The entire game freezes up for a moment whenever you so much as highlight a character icon, and when you take that into a practical scenario of 4 people trying to select their character, then a costume afterwards and the freeze up happening every time any one of them selects or deselects or changes a costume it just becomes impractical.
    So if that slowdown keeps happening I think it's still better off having heavily compressed images that fit into sc_selchar.pac opposed to the slowness. But I mean if you can get rid of that lag, the game does access and read the files fine from my 4GB SDHC.
    But as it stands now the slowdown is just too much for me.

EDIT: I put up a vid as an example so you can see what I mean by the lag time.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uczvjrKrKR8
    I figured seeing it in action would give you an idea of how much you might be able to reduce the lag by, and also give others an idea of what to expect from it, or at least from what I'm getting.
    « Last Edit: June 09, 2014, 01:36:48 AM by secretchaos1 » Logged

Sammi Husky
    Lol Kitten

• Awards Fiery Topic Renowned Hacker >9000 King for a Day

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #6221 on: June 09, 2014, 01:49:27 AM »

oh boy oh boy! gonna test the crap out of this now lol. Great work as always. The one day im not watching this thread, something crazy happens xD

Oh, PW i'll probably end up PM'ing you about ness' module when i get the chance. i Don't mean to bother ya, im just so close to understanding how to finish him lol.

it's exactly as you said you use the file patch 3.1.5b with the brawl minus.xml and it works perfectly.

When i first told people about the .xml i mentioned that you needed to add the fpc 3.5.1b Tongue Suppose i just assumed people remembered that bit.

ajthag
    Advanced Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #6222 on: June 09, 2014, 02:40:33 AM »

Hey guys I have just started messing around with the clone engine and its great. However, I have come across two problems I can't fix.

1. Slot 58 crashes, no matter who I put there. I have put the exact same files in a different slots, before and after, and they work fine. I have used the clone tool and installed them manually. Both have failed. As soon as I select the character it hard crashes.

2. Kirby seems to have an issue with clone characters at slot numbers 5B and up. When I, or the computer, select Kirby and a character from 5B and up the game soft crashes. This only happens with Kirby(that I've noticed). These charaters work fine when Kirby is not selected.

I am using vBrawl with minimal hacks: FPC 351b, sdhc ext., no trippping, cpus don't ignore other cpus, input lag, disable custom stages, unrestricted pause, replay, an control editing, infinite replays, and save tags in replays.

Using Brawlex v1.2.0.0
    « Last Edit: June 09, 2014, 02:49:13 AM by ajthag » Logged

secretchaos1
    Extreme Kitten

Well, I don't want to leave this blank

• Awards Star Hacker >9000 Featured Shadow the Pinhog

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #6223 on: June 09, 2014, 09:27:13 AM »

Hey guys I have just started messing around with the clone engine and its great. However, I have come across two problems I can't fix.

1. Slot 58 crashes, no matter who I put there. I have put the exact same files in a different slots, before and after, and they work fine. I have used the clone tool and installed them manually. Both have failed. As soon as I select the character it hard crashes.

2. Kirby seems to have an issue with clone characters at slot numbers 5B and up. When I, or the computer, select Kirby and a character from 5B and up the game soft crashes. This only happens with Kirby(that I've noticed). These charaters work fine when Kirby is not selected.

I am using vBrawl with minimal hacks: FPC 351b, sdhc ext., no trippping, cpus don't ignore other cpus, input lag, disable custom stages, unrestricted pause, replay, an control editing, infinite replays, and save tags in replays.

Using Brawlex v1.2.0.0
    Pretty sure 58 is bugged in that version, and make sure you have kirby's abilities set to none in each of your fighter's fighterconfigs.

spiritpyros
    Extreme Kitten

justice will prevail

• Awards >9000 Star Hacker Favorite'd Ninja

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #6224 on: June 09, 2014, 09:44:22 AM »

Okay I'm very confused right now as i just now looked at this page. Is brawlEX compatible with rivolution?

Pages:  1 ... 412 413 414 [415] 416 417 418 ... 590
    Print
    Jump to: