Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Pages:  1 ... 476 477 478 [479] 480 481 482 ... 590
Author Topic: The Brawl Expansion Project  (Read 2827633 times)
moydow
Intermediate Kitten

View Profile WWW Awards
« Reply #7170 on: August 30, 2014, 07:57:08 PM »

These are the song values in hex:

Looks like what I've got, thanks. Just missing the values for the victory themes, so I'll add those:

Code:
283D Mario victory theme
283E DK victory theme
283F Legend of Zelda victory theme
2840 Metroid victory theme
2841 Yoshi victory theme
2842 Kirby victory theme
2843 Star Fox victory theme
2844 Pokémon victory theme
2845 Luigi victory theme (unused, redirects to 0x283D)
2846 F-Zero victory theme
2847 Mother victory theme
2848 Bowser victory theme (unused, redirects to 0x283D)
2849 Peach victory theme (unused, redirects to 0x283D)
284A Zelda victory theme (unused, redirects to 0x283F)
284B Sheik victory theme (unused, redirects to 0x283F)
284C Ice Climbers victory theme
284D Fire Emblem victory theme
284E Game & Watch victory theme
284F Falco victory theme (unused, redirects to 0x2843)
2850 Ganondorf victory theme (unused, redirects to 0x283F)
2851 Wario victory theme
2852 Meta Knight victory theme
2853 Kid Icarus victory theme
2854 Zero Suit Samus victory theme (unused, redirects to 0x2840)
2855 Pikmin victory theme
2856 Lucas victory theme (unused, redirects to 0x2847)
2857 Diddy Kong victory theme (unused, redirects to 0x283E)
2858 Pokémon Trainer victory theme (unused, redirects to 0x2844)
2859 Dedede victory theme (unused, redirects to 0x2842)
285A Lucario victory theme (unused, redirects to 0x2844)
285B Ike victory theme (unused, redirects to 0x284D)
285C R.O.B. victory theme
285D Jigglypuff victory theme (unused, redirects to 0x2844)
285E Mewtwo victory theme (unused, redirects to 0x2844)
285F Roy victory theme (unused, redirects to 0x284D)
2860 Toon Link victory theme (unused, redirects to 0x283F)
2861 Metal Gear victory theme
2862 Sonic victory theme
2863 Continue?
2864 Game Over
2865 Achievement 1
2866 Achievement 2
2867 Trophy Get
2868 Rare Trophy Get
2869 Challenger Approaching
286A Record 1
286B Record 2

"redirects to" = if you try to use this, it plays the character's series theme instead, regardless of what you put in the pf/sound/strm folder

Okay, so I've got one that's been bugging me for a few days now. No matter who I clone to 5C ends up freezing the game at the stage select (if using a gamecube controller; silent freeze) or when the stage starts to load the character (if using a wii controller; loud freeze). I'm not sure why.

I thought it might be an issue with the CSS but after replacing all the CSS pics it still freezes. I've found that the character CAN work, but only if you don't change the CSS picture using the CloneTool.

Now, I may be a bit picky, but it would bother me having two of the same character on the same screen and I'd like everyone to have their own pic. I've been using the newer clone tool (75a) to do all the modding thus far on this version. Is there any way to make my 5C slot load a  picture without freezing? Has anyone else had this problem?

What's the size of your sc_selcharacter.pac? (If you need to, use Brawlbox to extract it from common5.pac) It should be no bigger than 3.79 MB. Anything over that, and the game will freeze when loading the CSS.

colonelmcdoogle
Advanced Kitten

View Profile Awards
« Reply #7171 on: August 30, 2014, 08:24:53 PM »

Have you checked your battle portraits filesize I had a similar problem with Mewtwo for quite some time. Turned out the filesize was one KB over what the other BPs have.
I suppose it could be.... where can I find the filesizes for the portraits?

Post Merge: August 30, 2014, 08:27:21 PM
What's the size of your sc_selcharacter.pac? (If you need to, use Brawlbox to extract it from common5.pac) It should be no bigger than 3.79 MB. Anything over that, and the game will freeze when loading the CSS.

Can't be that. The size is 3.67 and besides, slot 5C is the only one that freezes. I've tried pit, metaknight, lucario and wolf over it and whenever the CSP is changed it causes them to freeze.

Post Merge: August 30, 2014, 09:05:29 PM
Made everything as small as I could and it's still freezing. I really can't think of anything else to do.
« Last Edit: August 30, 2014, 09:05:30 PM by colonelmcdoogle » Logged

Steam/SSBB Guy
Extreme Kitten

• Awards Tutorial Writer

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #7172 on: August 30, 2014, 09:50:49 PM »

Just look in your portraits folder, pf/info/portrite and look at the portrait with your clone's costume id.

colonelmcdoogle
    Advanced Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #7173 on: August 31, 2014, 12:05:56 AM »

1.62kb Most of the others are the same size... seems pretty normal to me.

Steam/SSBB Guy
    Extreme Kitten

• Awards Tutorial Writer

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #7174 on: August 31, 2014, 12:43:49 AM »

Wait a minute, I checked back at your post and it said you were using Sammi's Latest update to the clone tool. Have you tried removing the configs for your clone and tried adding them back in manually?

colonelmcdoogle
    Advanced Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #7175 on: August 31, 2014, 12:54:23 AM »

Wait a minute, I checked back at your post and it said you were using Sammi's Latest update to the clone tool. Have you tried removing the configs for your clone and tried adding them back in manually?

No, I haven't. Is there an issue with that?

Post Merge: August 31, 2014, 02:08:43 AM
    Just tried it and it worked! Wonder what happened? Guess the tool goofed somehow.
    « Last Edit: August 31, 2014, 02:08:43 AM by colonelmcdoogle » Logged

leondanny56
    Mega Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #7176 on: August 31, 2014, 05:31:27 AM »

Hi thanks for the response but the clone (LucasEx in slot 3F) is actually NOT what's giving me a problem. That works. However, my REL ported PSAs are the ones that cause the game to freeze.. I'm assuming that the modules are the issue but these PSAs worked before I started using BrawlEx but not anymore. Do you think any other files for BrawlEx could conflict with REL ported PSAs?

EDIT: Okay I got one rel ported character (Roy over Marth ported to Diddy) to work but as soon as his entry is about to play at the beginning of the battle the game freezes. I thought this was strange because I have an entry file for him and even without the entry file the game still freezes.

oh ok i see and now i know what your problem is and i know how to fix it too, because a while ago i had the same problem with my shadow that's ported over fox, here is and example of how to fix your problem i hope it helps: first take your ported character and open the first color slot you have on them like fitness00.pcs or .pac dosent mater if once you have this open it says a different name than the character your trying to put somthing over, like for instance it says pit or marth instead of ness than that means you are going to have to do something that's a bit long winded but i will tell you how to do it anyway.

Post Merge: August 31, 2014, 06:47:28 AM
    first: go ahead and grab all the same things as if you were about to add a clone to brawlex, don't worry though were not adding a clone, take all your configs, such as SlotConfig CSSSlotConfig and CosmeticConfig except for fighterconfig you want to
    make sure each config is the character your porting to but make sure the fighter config is the original character so in other words make sure that if your puting roy on ness you go ahead and have slotconfig, cssslotfig and cosmeticconfig are all ness's original configs but make sure the fighterconfig is marth's because that is who roy is originally over and then open the fighter config change the name to to ness save and than close it out next, well what we need to do next is do you see how all the configs you grabed already have a number at the end, well here is what we do different than adding a clone get each config rename each one so only the number is left, and now the important part keep the
    numbers of each config exactly the way they are don't change them to any other number than what they had originaly except make sure you change the figher configs number. in order to now know what number to change it to we need to go into where ever you keep the fighterconfigs of each of your clones find ness's fighterconfig check and see what number it has in it's name that number is the number you want to name your fighterconfig that we were using before next put
    each config in each folder like you normally would next remember how at the start we opened fitness00.pcs or .pac well now is
    when we need to remember which character it said so if it said marth, so go ahead and grab the .rel of marth from amoung your brawlex .rels (you have to use brawlex .rels when .rel porting or cloning characters original .rels for ports wont work)
    so seeing as this is the case you can see we are somewhat limited to which characters we can .rel port with brawlex but .rel
    porting still dose work as long as we use the .rels that were included in the download of brawlex, so first grab the .rel from amoung your brawlex .rels for the character your porting so if the character is roy on ness you would grab a ft_marth.rel than name it to ft_ness.rel than open the .rel that you just named to ft_ness.rel open it with module editor 3.3 and go to section 8 click on memory viewer than change the number like you normally would for a clone but make sure you chang it to the character your .rel porting to so if your porting to ness you would change the number to 0A than close the memory viewer but not the module editor because you still need to save it, so click file than click save after that just close the file, next put the .rel
    you just edited into your module folder after that there is only on more thing to check make sure all the files of your ported your character to are in there folder such as fitness.pac, fitness00.pcs up to fitness06.pcs are all there in the ness folder also make sure in the ness folder you have just as many .pac files as you do .pcs files when it comes to colors also make sure you have the two FitnessSpy files are in your ness folder also make sure you have the two FitnessDark files and the two FitnessFake files
    are in your ness folder also make sure you have both the FitnessmotionEtc.pac and the Fitnessfinal.pac are all in the ness folder, if you are missing any of these you can get them from the data partition, also alot of characters in the data partition don't have any fake.pcs and fake.pac so you should make them yourself by grabing both a fitness00.pac and a fitness00.pcs make a copy of each one and than name one copy to fitnessfake.pac and the other to fitnessfake.pcs than put those files in your ness folder as well after that your done wahoo! also the reason you wan to put the fake files in your ness folder is because for every single character in the fighterconfig you will notice the load out will have all the files listed for a clone and no
    matter which character it will say it has a fake.pac and a fake.pcs file so just to be safe make sure you always include these files when making clones or when .rel porting. (it will help prevent freezes).
    « Last Edit: August 31, 2014, 06:47:28 AM by leondanny56 » Logged

quote from Nepgear: i can do many things, just nothing particularly well.

r_stronghammer
    Advanced Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #7177 on: August 31, 2014, 07:45:11 AM »

Sounds like the module to me - did you change the IDs in the module itself (like I said above)?

Yes, and like I said above, I changed in to 61 in Section 8 part 03.  And I just checked, 61 is the right ID.
    « Last Edit: August 31, 2014, 08:24:46 AM by r_stronghammer » Logged

moydow
    Intermediate Kitten

View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #7178 on: August 31, 2014, 08:33:32 AM »

I just tried putting a Link clone in slot 61 manually (didn't change any cosmetics), and it worked, so it's not a problem with slot 61. Are you using the clone tool? Maybe just try adding the BrawlEx config files manually, and using the fighter config tool for Fighter61.dat, and see if that works.

r_stronghammer
    Advanced Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #7179 on: August 31, 2014, 09:57:53 AM »

I just tried putting a Link clone in slot 61 manually (didn't change any cosmetics), and it worked, so it's not a problem with slot 61. Are you using the clone tool? Maybe just try adding the BrawlEx config files manually, and using the fighter config tool for Fighter61.dat, and see if that works.

Yeah, I'm using the clone tool. I'll try it manually.

Bgeo25
    Advanced Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #7180 on: August 31, 2014, 10:36:44 AM »

oh ok i see and now i know what your problem is and i know how to fix it too, because a while ago i had the same problem with my shadow that's ported over fox, here is and example of how to fix your problem i hope it helps: first take your ported character and open the first color slot you have on them like fitness00.pcs or .pac dosent mater if once you have this open it says a different name than the character your trying to put somthing over, like for instance it says pit or marth instead of ness than that means you are going to have to do something that's a bit long winded but i will tell you how to do it anyway.

Post Merge: August 31, 2014, 06:47:28 AM
    first: go ahead and grab all the same things as if you were about to add a clone to brawlex, don't worry though were not adding a clone, take all your configs, such as SlotConfig CSSSlotConfig and CosmeticConfig except for fighterconfig you want to
    make sure each config is the character your porting to but make sure the fighter config is the original character so in other words make sure that if your puting roy on ness you go ahead and have slotconfig, cssslotfig and cosmeticconfig are all ness's original configs but make sure the fighterconfig is marth's because that is who roy is originally over and then open the fighter config change the name to to ness save and than close it out next, well what we need to do next is do you see how all the configs you grabed already have a number at the end, well here is what we do different than adding a clone get each config rename each one so only the number is left, and now the important part keep the
    numbers of each config exactly the way they are don't change them to any other number than what they had originaly except make sure you change the figher configs number. in order to now know what number to change it to we need to go into where ever you keep the fighterconfigs of each of your clones find ness's fighterconfig check and see what number it has in it's name that number is the number you want to name your fighterconfig that we were using before next put
    each config in each folder like you normally would next remember how at the start we opened fitness00.pcs or .pac well now is
    when we need to remember which character it said so if it said marth, so go ahead and grab the .rel of marth from amoung your brawlex .rels (you have to use brawlex .rels when .rel porting or cloning characters original .rels for ports wont work)
    so seeing as this is the case you can see we are somewhat limited to which characters we can .rel port with brawlex but .rel
    porting still dose work as long as we use the .rels that were included in the download of brawlex, so first grab the .rel from amoung your brawlex .rels for the character your porting so if the character is roy on ness you would grab a ft_marth.rel than name it to ft_ness.rel than open the .rel that you just named to ft_ness.rel open it with module editor 3.3 and go to section 8 click on memory viewer than change the number like you normally would for a clone but make sure you chang it to the character your .rel porting to so if your porting to ness you would change the number to 0A than close the memory viewer but not the module editor because you still need to save it, so click file than click save after that just close the file, next put the .rel
    you just edited into your module folder after that there is only on more thing to check make sure all the files of your ported your character to are in there folder such as fitness.pac, fitness00.pcs up to fitness06.pcs are all there in the ness folder also make sure in the ness folder you have just as many .pac files as you do .pcs files when it comes to colors also make sure you have the two FitnessSpy files are in your ness folder also make sure you have the two FitnessDark files and the two FitnessFake files
    are in your ness folder also make sure you have both the FitnessmotionEtc.pac and the Fitnessfinal.pac are all in the ness folder, if you are missing any of these you can get them from the data partition, also alot of characters in the data partition don't have any fake.pcs and fake.pac so you should make them yourself by grabing both a fitness00.pac and a fitness00.pcs make a copy of each one and than name one copy to fitnessfake.pac and the other to fitnessfake.pcs than put those files in your ness folder as well after that your done wahoo! also the reason you wan to put the fake files in your ness folder is because for every single character in the fighterconfig you will notice the load out will have all the files listed for a clone and no
    matter which character it will say it has a fake.pac and a fake.pcs file so just to be safe make sure you always include these files when making clones or when .rel porting. (it will help prevent freezes).

Hi thanks. I'm trying to fix one port right now and it's Roy over Marth ported to Diddy. I followed all directions but the game still froze when I selected a stage. You mentioned that I should see (when I open Diddy's pac file) a FitMarth, the original character that Roy was meant for. Does this have to be changed to FitDiddy? I downloaded extra filler files from the data partition and they have FitDiddy in them. I'm not sure if they all have to be the same name when opened. Also, the module hex needs to have Diddy's fighter hex code or slot hex code or something else? Right now I'm using 1B.
    « Last Edit: August 31, 2014, 10:41:19 AM by Bgeo25 » Logged

La Vida Loca

Makarew
    Extreme Kitten

• Awards Hot Topic RAGE!! Ceiling Cat

• View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #7181 on: August 31, 2014, 11:19:41 AM »

Hi thanks. I'm trying to fix one port right now and it's Roy over Marth ported to Diddy. I followed all directions but the game still froze when I selected a stage. You mentioned that I should see (when I open Diddy's pac file) a FitMarth, the original character that Roy was meant for. Does this have to be changed to FitDiddy? I downloaded extra filler files from the data partition and they have FitDiddy in them. I'm not sure if they all have to be the same name when opened. Also, the module hex needs to have Diddy's fighter hex code or slot hex code or something else? Right now I'm using 1B.

Open your fighterconfig in some kind of text editor, hex editor, or the BrawlEx Config Utility and see if the filenames are correct.

Bgeo25
    Advanced Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #7182 on: August 31, 2014, 12:15:54 PM »

Open your fighterconfig in some kind of text editor, hex editor, or the BrawlEx Config Utility and see if the filenames are correct.

Yes the filenames are correct. They're all Diddy.

La Vida Loca

moydow
    Intermediate Kitten

View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #7183 on: August 31, 2014, 12:33:57 PM »

Diddy's config files are:
    Cosmetic1A.dat
    CSSSlot1A.dat
    Fighter1B.dat
    Slot1C.dat

Since you're creating a Marth clone, use Marth's config files as bases, and save them to the above locations. Open Fighter1B.dat with the fighter config tool, and change Marth to Diddy.

The files in the pf/fighter/diddy folder should all be named FitDiddy##.pac/pcs.

For the module, use Marth's ExModule as a base, and name it ft_diddy.rel. Give the module an unused ID (0x90 and above should be free), and in section 8, change 00000011 to 0000001B. Roy should now load whenever Diddy is selected.

This will load Marth's cosmetics over Diddy Kong's (so, for example, Marth appears where Diddy was on the CSS). If you want it to load Diddy's instead (so you can replace those with Roy textures), open Cosmetic 1A.dat in a hex editor, and change byte 0x10 (the first one on the second line, should be 10) to 1A. You can also use this file to set the name on the results screen to Roy instead of Marth (on the third line, change 4D 61 72 74 68 to 52 6F 79 00 00).
    « Last Edit: August 31, 2014, 12:37:27 PM by moydow » Logged

Bgeo25
    Advanced Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #7184 on: August 31, 2014, 01:43:08 PM »

Diddy's config files are:
    Cosmetic1A.dat
    CSSSlot1A.dat
    Fighter1B.dat
    Slot1C.dat

Since you're creating a Marth clone, use Marth's config files as bases, and save them to the above locations. Open Fighter1B.dat with the fighter config tool, and change Marth to Diddy.

The files in the pf/fighter/diddy folder should all be named FitDiddy##.pac/pcs.

For the module, use Marth's ExModule as a base, and name it ft_diddy.rel. Give the module an unused ID (0x90 and above should be free), and in section 8, change 00000011 to 0000001B. Roy should now load whenever Diddy is selected.

This will load Marth's cosmetics over Diddy Kong's (so, for example, Marth appears where Diddy was on the CSS). If you want it to load Diddy's instead (so you can replace those with Roy textures), open Cosmetic 1A.dat in a hex editor, and change byte 0x10 (the first one on the second line, should be 10) to 1A. You can also use this file to set the name on the results screen to Roy instead of Marth (on the third line, change 4D 61 72 74 68 to 52 6F 79 00 00).

Aha Roy works 100% with this thanks! However, my only clone, LucasEx, with all of Lucas's regular files is now causing freezing but before it didn't.. I know that LucasEx's module ID is 91 and the new Roy module is 92 so that shouldn't be the problem.. what could be the problem now lol..

La Vida Loca

Pages:  1 ... 476 477 478 [479] 480 481 482 ... 590
    Print
    Jump to: