Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Pages:  1 ... 494 495 496 [497] 498 499 500 ... 590
Author Topic: The Brawl Expansion Project  (Read 2826893 times)
Nebulon
Holy Kitten

• Awards Tutorial Writer Super Saiyan Topic Dedicated Hacker Heart Container

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #7440 on: October 21, 2014, 10:10:43 PM »

Been trying to figure this out, too...
    Doubt I'll figure it out, but if I do I'll let you know.

I see. I take it it's not as easy as editing the FF in Wario's CSSslotconfig to 2D and arranging the order of the team colors in the same way? OR have you not tried that?

Want to talk about my pack? Let's take it over here to the Brawl 4 All thread: http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=71453.msg1306822#msg1306822

Lillith
    Heroic Kitten

Resident Lunatic & Fox Fanatic

• Awards Ceiling Cat Star Hacker RAGE!! Tutorial Writer

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #7441 on: October 21, 2014, 10:47:08 PM »

I see. I take it it's not as easy as editing the FF in Wario's CSSslotconfig to 2D and arranging the order of the team colors in the same way? OR have you not tried that?
    If I have tried it then I've forgotten...

I still talk to myself! If anyone wants to use anything I've done, feel free to! But do tell me where you use it, I want to see the finished product!

Nebulon
    Holy Kitten

• Awards Tutorial Writer Super Saiyan Topic Dedicated Hacker Heart Container

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #7442 on: October 21, 2014, 11:25:37 PM »

If I have tried it then I've forgotten...

Didn't work for me :/ Oh well...

Want to talk about my pack? Let's take it over here to the Brawl 4 All thread: http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=71453.msg1306822#msg1306822

BLKPanda
    Newbie Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #7443 on: October 21, 2014, 11:38:56 PM »

Okay, so I'm helping on a project that is trying to put two characters on one icon. So far it's a success.

i've been trying to get this to work for a couple days now, mind explaining how you pulled it off? If you consider it a secret/an important part of your project that you'd rather not reveal just yet, i understand.

Steam/SSBB Guy
    Extreme Kitten

• Awards Tutorial Writer

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #7444 on: October 21, 2014, 11:41:55 PM »

Is the two characters sharing the same spot in the css like Zelda/Sheik or is it like Wario Where you have the standard costume colors then have the alternate costume colors?

Sirkura
    Lol Kitten

• Awards Featured Star Hacker Super Saiyan Topic >9000

• View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #7445 on: October 22, 2014, 12:50:55 AM »

So i tried replacing the B- CSS codes to use the roster.dat i finally got everyone added and went to test it. now it gives me the brawl minus textures but the normall CSS layout. any ideas how to fix it?

Sammi Husky
    Lol Kitten

• Awards Fiery Topic Renowned Hacker >9000 King for a Day

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #7446 on: October 22, 2014, 02:28:31 AM »

You'll have to setup your CSSRoster.dat file to be in the same order as the ID's in the CSS code. Me and our old GCT coder organized them by franchise iirc. However, that was quite some time ago...anyways...if your just talking about the order, than yea that would be it. You can re-organize them in PW's config utility

Sirkura
    Lol Kitten

« Reply #7447 on: October 22, 2014, 02:40:47 AM »

You'll have to setup your CSSRoster.dat file to be in the same order as the ID's in the CSS code. Me and our old GCT coder organized them by franchise iirc. However, that was quite some time ago...anyways...if your just talking about the order, than yea that would be it. You can re-organize them in PW's config utility
    Well i did that, i have all the characters listed, it just doesn't change anything.  i have them all set up like this in the roster (in this order, mostly a test so don't expect it to be "clean and organised" lol

Code:
    00 Mario
    09 Luigi
    0D Peach
    05 Yoshi
    15 Wario
    0C Bowser
    06 Kirby
    1F Dedede
    16 Metaknight
    01 Donkey Kong
    1A Diddy Kong
    02 Link
    24 Toon Link
    0E Zelda
    0F Sheik
    14 Ganondorf
    0A Captain Falcon
    03 Samus
    04 Zero Suit Samus
    43 DarkSamus
    40 Roy
    11 Marth
    21 Ike
    07 Fox
    13 Falco
    25 Wolf
    45 Mewtwo
    08 Pikachu
    3F pichu
    20 Lucario
    23 Jigglypuff
    1B Pokemon Trainer
    1C Charizard
    1D Squirtle
    1E Venasaur
    1F Dedede
    0B Ness
    19 Lucas
    27 Sonic
    47 Shadow
    22 Robot
    10 Ice Climbers
    12 Mr. Game & Watch
    17 Pit
    18 Pikmin & Olimar
    26 Snake
    41 Zero
    44 MegamanX
    46 Sephiroth
    42 Cloud
    29 Random

basically i just loosely grouped them in order. did the same thing in random. i'll probably reconfigure it after i get it working with a better format for order. as you can see i have all the  characters used listed, clones and all, but they don't show up. is there anything inparticular i'll have to delete in the minus GCT? i know the CSS code had to go, what about CSS fixes for zerousuit/samus, shiek/zelda?

catscatscats99
    Expert Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #7448 on: October 22, 2014, 05:00:28 AM »

i've been trying to get this to work for a couple days now, mind explaining how you pulled it off? If you consider it a secret/an important part of your project that you'd rather not reveal just yet, i understand.

LA-Bit[54] is where the current costume ID is stored.
    So for example, say if you wanted to combine Mario and Dr Mario.
    Mario is slots 0-3, Dr is slots 4 - 7
    For their B attack, Mario shoots fireballs while Dr shoots pills.
    So where the graphic is loaded on the article, you'd say for example:
    *If LA-Bit[54] <= 3
    *Load FireBall Graphic
    *Else
    *Load Pill Graphic
    It's time consuming, and there's the matter of file size, as adding new hitboxes for different damages will add extra space, but for some characters (especially Marth, since he has plenty of room), this isn't really a problem.

Here is a great page that lists most of the variables that brawl uses:
    http://opensa.dantarion.com/wiki/Variables_(Brawl)

Julum
    Advanced Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #7449 on: October 22, 2014, 07:48:12 AM »

To use brawlex with riivo you need the proper xml. Might as well use gecko my friend.
    Where us the Riivo XML then or what edits do I make to my XML to make it work? I don't want to use Gecko, which doesn't work for me anymore. I just get a black screen and Gecko never loads.

Sirkura
    Lol Kitten

« Reply #7450 on: October 22, 2014, 08:20:54 AM »

Where us the Riivo XML then or what edits do I make to my XML to make it work? I don't want to use Gecko, which doesn't work for me anymore. I just get a black screen and Gecko never loads.
    make sure gecko is set to  the hook "axnextframe" this project is no longer supporting riivo i don't think. i personally use cfg loader, as my wii won't play discs anymore so i know this works on loaders. it seems to have quite a few hang ups from time to time tho (sometimes seems like i have to restart it 2-3 times its usually fine after the strap menu)

Well i did that, i have all the characters listed, it just doesn't change anything.  i have them all set up like this in the roster (in this order, mostly a test so don't expect it to be "clean and organised" lol

Code:
    00 Mario
    09 Luigi
    0D Peach
    05 Yoshi
    15 Wario
    0C Bowser
    06 Kirby
    1F Dedede
    16 Metaknight
    01 Donkey Kong
    1A Diddy Kong
    02 Link
    24 Toon Link
    0E Zelda
    0F Sheik
    14 Ganondorf
    0A Captain Falcon
    03 Samus
    04 Zero Suit Samus
    43 DarkSamus
    40 Roy
    11 Marth
    21 Ike
    07 Fox
    13 Falco
    25 Wolf
    45 Mewtwo
    08 Pikachu
    3F pichu
    20 Lucario
    23 Jigglypuff
    1B Pokemon Trainer
    1C Charizard
    1D Squirtle
    1E Venasaur
    1F Dedede
    0B Ness
    19 Lucas
    27 Sonic
    47 Shadow
    22 Robot
    10 Ice Climbers
    12 Mr. Game & Watch
    17 Pit
    18 Pikmin & Olimar
    26 Snake
    41 Zero
    44 MegamanX
    46 Sephiroth
    42 Cloud
    29 Random

basically i just loosely grouped them in order. did the same thing in random. i'll probably reconfigure it after i get it working with a better format for order. as you can see i have all the  characters used listed, clones and all, but they don't show up. is there anything inparticular i'll have to delete in the minus GCT? i know the CSS code had to go, what about CSS fixes for zerousuit/samus, shiek/zelda?
    also still having this issue ^
    « Last Edit: October 22, 2014, 10:13:42 AM by Sirkura » Logged

Sammi Husky
    Lol Kitten

• Awards Fiery Topic Renowned Hacker >9000 King for a Day

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #7451 on: October 22, 2014, 11:54:41 AM »

also still having this issue ^

You should remove anything CSS related from the GCT. However, if your having the CSSRoster.dat read by the game and it's still a vBrawl layout, it's likely that the CSS expansion isn't correctly installed. Remember you need to have all the core files from it. (including common3.pac, replacing ours.) If all that is done, than im sorry but there isn't much i can do to help :/

BLKPanda
    Newbie Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #7452 on: October 22, 2014, 12:04:31 PM »

LA-Bit[54] is where the current costume ID is stored.
    http://opensa.dantarion.com/wiki/Variables_(Brawl)

Oooh, ok, that should help me quite a bit, thanks.

Also, i've ran into an issue where any fighters with IDs 67+ will only load the css icon/name of fighter 65, yet they will load the correct cosmetics for everything else. Is there a way to fix this? (Im using the unstable build)

Julum
    Advanced Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #7453 on: October 22, 2014, 01:24:56 PM »

Okay, so I loaded it with Gecko with the hook type set to AXNextFrame, but the character roster is the same. Is the gct that comes with Nebulon's pack missing a CSS expansion code? EDIT: I think the problem is because before the game loads, Gecko says something like "Error: Too many codes 623 Lines Found 424 Allowed"
    « Last Edit: October 22, 2014, 01:42:42 PM by Julum » Logged

Sirkura
    Lol Kitten

« Reply #7454 on: October 22, 2014, 01:41:18 PM »

You should remove anything CSS related from the GCT. However, if your having the CSSRoster.dat read by the game and it's still a vBrawl layout, it's likely that the CSS expansion isn't correctly installed. Remember you need to have all the core files from it. (including common3.pac, replacing ours.) If all that is done, than im sorry but there isn't much i can do to help :/
    wait a minute... B- didn't ahve the core files installed? xD thats not a hard fix tbh in pw's kit he gives the misc data for it, i'll just have to add it to the common 2, 3, and 5 i believe if i remember right. i assumed it was already set up since they used it for roy and pichu. i'll try adding each of the core componants and see what happens. ty ^^

Update: October 22, 2014, 03:12:52 PM
    Okay, so I loaded it with Gecko with the hook type set to AXNextFrame, but the character roster is the same. Is the gct that comes with Nebulon's pack missing a CSS expansion code? EDIT: I think the problem is because before the game loads, Gecko says something like "Error: Too many codes 623 Lines Found 424 Allowed"

thats easy to fix, open up a blank notepad on the comp. and copy the following text in it

Code:
    RSB?01:
    codeliststart = 80570000
    codelistend = 80580000
    hooktype = 7
    poke(800042B8, 60000000)
    pokeifequal(803E9930, 4BFECA1D, 803E9930, 60000000)
    pokeifequal(803E99A8, 4BFECA1D, 803E99A8, 60000000)
    pokeifequal(803E9D5C, 4BFECA1D, 803E9D5C, 60000000)

save it as game config.txt, and drop it into the root directory of the sd card.

also sammi thanks a lot! i managed to fix it. i'm having other issues now, i think its an error on my part tho. i have 2 rob clones side by side in the menu but only one is selectable. (actually one should have been a link Dx, gonna check the config files.)
    « Last Edit: October 22, 2014, 03:13:30 PM by Sirkura » Logged

Pages:  1 ... 494 495 496 [497] 498 499 500 ... 590
    Print
    Jump to: