Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Pages:  1 ... 496 497 498 [499] 500 501 502 ... 590
Author Topic: The Brawl Expansion Project  (Read 2827605 times)
Julum
Advanced Kitten

View Profile Awards
« Reply #7470 on: October 23, 2014, 07:25:55 PM »

Okay, it loads with the codes now, but the character selection screen is still the same (none of the characters added by the pack are there) and my stage selection screen is really messed up and is filled with Pokemon Stadium and Hanenbow over and over again.

I'm still having this problem.

Sirkura
Lol Kitten

• Awards Featured Star Hacker Super Saiyan Topic >9000

• View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #7471 on: October 24, 2014, 06:51:26 AM »

Sirkura do you have all of your fighterconfig data files setup properly? Along with your cssslotconfig data to match? I know they're used to determine how many costumes each character has, which could cause some problems on your css if any are missing.
    i think i do. but i can remake them all again from scratch, they aren't difficult to do. i don't think its these since ivysaur is missing. and i have yet to do anything to him. 

tho i could be missing something that is making the ike and marth clones lose the final smash. the rob clone i have no idea whats going on with >.> it just silent freezes at the SSS, then i have a sonic clone that freezes at the results screen.

is there any options in the fighter config's that i should check? that arent already added b default?

✦Dylan✦
    Holocaust Mastermind
    Extreme Kitten

Inactive, wont be returning

• Awards Tutorial Writer Active Contributor RAGE!!

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #7472 on: October 24, 2014, 08:02:21 AM »

Honestly, there is no way around the CSS screen (as far as I know) so you'll need to put up with it.

Sirkura
    Lol Kitten

« Reply #7473 on: October 24, 2014, 08:26:06 AM »

Honestly, there is no way around the CSS screen (as far as I know) so you'll need to put up with it.

If you read what he said that's not a glitch its not working at all.  none of the clones are working or showing up.

i just peaked at what you said but if i understand you, the clones don't show after you downloaded a pack. the stage select screen is actually a pretty easy fix thats not BeX related tho.

anyway for the first issue with no clones appearing. i'm gonna take a guess and say you downloaded a pack and did not add EVERYTHING that was included in it? (sounds like it cause it also gave you the SSS expansion code wich is seperate from bh) anyway we can get this working on your build fairly easily i think.  1 of 2 things is happening (or both)

1) your characters aren't added to the CSS code or roster.dat (pretty easy fix look at the opening post on adding characters to BeX)

2) your missing the correct misc data  you need to make it work (also an easy fix download the CSS expansion and the character expansions on the bottom of the OP) there is a read me inside the expansion files, it tells you what files in the pack you need and how to add them to the files you currently have (ts just replacing 2-3 files in Brawl box)

3) this is just a check, make sure you only have one or the other for the CSS code or roster.dat. if you use the roster.dat you can have more characters, but its a little glitchy (flickering icons normally) adn the CSS code you can have 50 characters i believe but they don't flicker. as stated before make sure to remove any CSS codes from your GCT if you use the roster file.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

and the Expansion stages this thread can probably help you out. i would say add the most recent build to avoid any confusion (should only replace the SSS menu) might have to add a few codes to it but its pretty easy. just follow the instructions in the readme and in the first and second posts.

http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=20291.0
    « Last Edit: October 24, 2014, 08:29:59 AM by Sirkura » Logged

Ricky (Br3)
    KC:MM Family JesterㅤThe Last One Here
    Administrator

• Awards KCMM Storyteller Decade Staff RAGE!! Warm Welcomer

« Reply #7474 on: October 24, 2014, 12:34:14 PM »

Question, is it possible to change a clone's name after you already played with it?

I've tried changing the name of the 3F and 41 clones of my build (some of the first ones I did), but once I do so they freeze upon stage selection. It doesn't matter what I do, it freezes. Keeping it as it were doesn't freeze, but changing the clones names always results in a freeze, even if I remake the files with a fresh PF folder (using the Clone Tool).

ㅤlㅤ

ㅤlㅤ

✦Dylan✦
    Holocaust Mastermind
    Extreme Kitten

Inactive, wont be returning

• Awards Tutorial Writer Active Contributor RAGE!!

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #7475 on: October 24, 2014, 12:41:47 PM »

If you read what he said that's not a glitch its not working at all.  none of the clones are working or showing up.
    Oops, I meant SSS, too used to typing CSS.

Soceguera120
    Newbie Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #7476 on: October 24, 2014, 02:36:07 PM »

Hello all, I was wondering if the clone engine works for project m?

secretchaos1
    Extreme Kitten

Well, I don't want to leave this blank

• Awards Star Hacker >9000 Featured Shadow the Pinhog

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #7477 on: October 24, 2014, 03:00:03 PM »

Question, is it possible to change a clone's name after you already played with it?

I've tried changing the name of the 3F and 41 clones of my build (some of the first ones I did), but once I do so they freeze upon stage selection. It doesn't matter what I do, it freezes. Keeping it as it were doesn't freeze, but changing the clones names always results in a freeze, even if I remake the files with a fresh PF folder (using the Clone Tool).

If you're changing their result name just do it in hex, it's pretty simple and easy to tell where the name is on the right, changing that shouldn't affect anything. If you're changing the names on the css or their in game names make sure you aren't going over the file size for info.pac or sc_selcharacter.pac and make sure you're using properly formatted textures.

Sirkura I think you can select whether or not a character has a final smash file in their fighter data, so you might wanna make sure Ikes and Marths are properly configured. Clones can't use final smashes at all if a file isn't present for them to load (iirc) so make sure any of them just have the original character's final smash files present.

Sirkura
    Lol Kitten

« Reply #7478 on: October 24, 2014, 08:04:58 PM »

If you're changing their result name just do it in hex, it's pretty simple and easy to tell where the name is on the right, changing that shouldn't affect anything. If you're changing the names on the css or their in game names make sure you aren't going over the file size for info.pac or sc_selcharacter.pac and make sure you're using properly formatted textures.

Sirkura I think you can select whether or not a character has a final smash file in their fighter data, so you might wanna make sure Ikes and Marths are properly configured. Clones can't use final smashes at all if a file isn't present for them to load (iirc) so make sure any of them just have the original character's final smash files present.
    TY! i'll check it out.. any idea whats going on for the other issues? shadow over sonic freezes at the results screen with a silent freeze and megaman over rob freezes silently at the SSS before the match. (selecting a stage) then i have another icon that the game just skips over i can't select it.

Oops, I meant SSS, too used to typing CSS.
    its still a pretty easy fix. look at the thread i linked to ^^ choose a stage set to download and import misc data 80 to you selmap or common5

PS: btw with sammi's tool to add cosmetics to clones what are the bare minimum files needed?
    « Last Edit: October 24, 2014, 08:29:26 PM by Sirkura » Logged

Tabuu Forte Akugun
    Boss Kitten

Smash 4 Main: Bowser

• Awards Heart Container Famous Hacker Starstormer Super Saiyan Topic

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #7479 on: October 24, 2014, 08:26:57 PM »

Anyone ever get silent freezing when exiting the CSS with a clone selected?

Sirkura
    Lol Kitten

« Reply #7480 on: October 25, 2014, 09:11:13 AM »

TY! i'll check it out.. any idea whats going on for the other issues? shadow over sonic freezes at the results screen with a silent freeze and megaman over rob freezes silently at the SSS before the match. (selecting a stage) then i have another icon that the game just skips over i can't select it.
    its still a pretty easy fix. look at the thread i linked to ^^ choose a stage set to download and import misc data 80 to you selmap or common5

PS: btw with sammi's tool to add cosmetics to clones what are the bare minimum files needed?

i think i found out a few moe of my errors i looked thru the CSS roster and found out i missed a few id's Mario Facepalm and appearantly sonic has a "fitsonicresults.pac" that no one else seems to have >.>. i also configured the fighter folders (i had forgotten that step so just had the psa and costume files)

lastly i still need help with the clone tool by sammy. iirc it doesn't support everything yet. what all do i need to add to give clones basic CSS cosmetics?

secretchaos1
    Extreme Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #7481 on: October 26, 2014, 05:45:45 PM »

I don't know anything about the clone tool, I've done all my stuff manually. As for your other issues I believe I had similar ones in the past that all ended up being psa related, in terms of result crashes. But I'd check your result pics to be safe, also it could've been something related to the sonic result pac but I'm really not sure it would be. I think I used to get crashes with Shadow before I started using Nebulon's gfx fixed version.
    I don't really know about your css issue, megaman x sounds like a psa issue but I could be wrong, I'm not experienced with the psa in particular.

Sirkura
    Lol Kitten

« Reply #7482 on: October 26, 2014, 06:03:22 PM »

I don't know anything about the clone tool, I've done all my stuff manually. As for your other issues I believe I had similar ones in the past that all ended up being psa related, in terms of result crashes. But I'd check your result pics to be safe, also it could've been something related to the sonic result pac but I'm really not sure it would be. I think I used to get crashes with Shadow before I started using Nebulon's gfx fixed version.
    I don't really know about your css issue, megaman x sounds like a psa issue but I could be wrong, I'm not experienced with the psa in particular.
    actualy i figured out what my issues were. i skipped a step by mistake and never added all the files the original chacters had. the CSS issue was due to a duplicate ID (i have megamanx as 42, zero as 43, i mistyped it and made a second X) the rest of the stuff i'm having issues with is PSA related, i'm possitive. altho no one really seems to want to help out with those issues i might just scrap them >.> at least i fixed al the freezes.

actually! i did notice one more error. kirby freezes silently at the stage selection screen when facing a clone. and only a clone. i assume its trying to load a file that isn't there. anyone else have this issue?

TheGamerKidTy
    Mega Kitten

Ness FTW

• Awards Super Saiyan Topic

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #7483 on: October 27, 2014, 10:21:20 AM »

I think the next modules should definitely be Mr. Game and Watch and maybe Ice Climber (Although, Ice Climbers sounds pretty far fetched)

secretchaos1
    Extreme Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #7484 on: October 27, 2014, 11:49:13 AM »

Sirkura you need to disable the kirby files in each of your clone characters fighter data. It's in the resources section on the right, just change the dropdown menu by Kirby to none.

Pages:  1 ... 496 497 498 [499] 500 501 502 ... 590
    Print
    Jump to: