Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Pages:  1 ... 510 511 512 [513] 514 515 516 ... 590
Author Topic: The Brawl Expansion Project  (Read 2827309 times)
Kaizaran
Advanced Kitten

Allons-y!

View Profile Awards
« Reply #7680 on: December 31, 2014, 11:18:45 AM »

The Clone Tool download is broken.

leondanny56
Mega Kitten

View Profile Awards
« Reply #7681 on: December 31, 2014, 03:56:14 PM »

BrawlEx should work the exact same way as how you currently use it. I'm not sure how to phrase it any better - just from my experience adjusting to using a USB loader for running codes and BrawlEx, I didn't have to adjust anything specific aside from PAL to NTSC-U adjustments, so you should be okay.

Now I've heard some people say that some methods of stage expansion don't work with BrawlEx, which is something I'm just now thinking about messing around with. Does 'Phantom Wing’s Stage Expansion Code 2.0' and/or 'Eternal Yoshi’s Maxed Out CSS' conflict with BrawlEx, and if they do, how do I get the stage expansion to work while also using BrawlEx? Can I choose what songs these new stages play?

Post Merge: December 30, 2014, 08:39:41 PM
I have no idea how to do a post merge - hoping it works automatically. If not sorry!

I'm trying to use cbliss in conjunction with BrawlEx. Anything I should be aware of, like codes not working together, or what to do as both BrawlEx and clbiss have their own STGRESULT.pac, or anything else like that?

brawlex does work with stage expansion it even works on console, i use it all the time, if you would like a link to the download with instructions on how to use it i can provide the link to the download on a side note something that isn't included in the download is the tracklist code for the extra stages, so if you would also like to have the tracklist code i can provide it.
i can also tell you how to set wich extra stage playes which ever song you want. this is separate but i thought you may want to know that if you go into my music the game will crash so make sure you set how often each song plays without any codes on before you use the stage expansion.

quote from Nepgear: i can do many things, just nothing particularly well.

secretchaos1
Extreme Kitten

Well, I don't want to leave this blank

• Awards Star Hacker >9000 Featured Shadow the Pinhog

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #7682 on: December 31, 2014, 09:37:12 PM »

BrawlEx should work the exact same way as how you currently use it. I'm not sure how to phrase it any better - just from my experience adjusting to using a USB loader for running codes and BrawlEx, I didn't have to adjust anything specific aside from PAL to NTSC-U adjustments, so you should be okay.

Now I've heard some people say that some methods of stage expansion don't work with BrawlEx, which is something I'm just now thinking about messing around with. Does 'Phantom Wing’s Stage Expansion Code 2.0' and/or 'Eternal Yoshi’s Maxed Out CSS' conflict with BrawlEx, and if they do, how do I get the stage expansion to work while also using BrawlEx? Can I choose what songs these new stages play?

Post Merge: December 30, 2014, 08:39:41 PM
    I have no idea how to do a post merge - hoping it works automatically. If not sorry!

I'm trying to use cbliss in conjunction with BrawlEx. Anything I should be aware of, like codes not working together, or what to do as both BrawlEx and clbiss have their own STGRESULT.pac, or anything else like that?

Cbliss is obsolete if you're using BrawlEx, you can achieve the same effect by configuring your costume slots within your BrawlEx data files. Both the stage expansion codes you mentioned are compatible with BrawlEx AND usb, I'm a frequent user of both.

Shiro_Neku
    Advanced Kitten

Steel knows no fear. Steel knows no doubt.

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #7683 on: January 01, 2015, 02:02:25 AM »

Does the per-color final smash only works for Sonic & Pokemon Trainer?
    By looking at what files it will load in the new BrawlEx Config Utility I'm thinking it only works for these two (maybe it could work for other character if you edited the final smash)
    And if it that's the case how can I add more colors for Giga Bowser?

Don Jon Bravo
    Heroic Kitten

• Awards Boo! Starstormer Super Saiyan Topic Famous Hacker

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #7684 on: January 01, 2015, 02:10:05 AM »

By looking at what files it will load in the new BrawlEx Config Utility I'm thinking it only works for these two (maybe it could work for other character if you edited the final smash)
    idk if those are related to gigabowser
    but i, like you
    cannot add more gigabowser slots
    the only method would be to use the gigaowser  import over bowser' and a bowser clone...

it might be possible to use a bowser port over a working clonethough
    ports and clones havent playe much in this hread though

can we succesfully use ported charactes as clones to those certain characters that are missing clone modules?

i know iit worked for ness.

Shiro_Neku
    Advanced Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #7685 on: January 01, 2015, 02:13:13 AM »

idk if those are related to gigabowser
    but i, like you
    cannot add more gigabowser slots
    the only method would be to use the gigaowser  import over bowser' and a bowser clone...

it might be possible to use a bowser port over a working clonethough
    ports and clones havent playe much in this hread though

can we succesfully use ported charactes as clones to those certain characters that are missing clone modules?

i know iit worked for ness.
    You should check the OP, the new 2.0 have just been upload by Phantom Wings it include new modules for Rob, Toon Link, Dedede, Diddy Kong, Ness, Bowser, Giga Bowser, Samus, and Zerosuit Samus

Forgot to answer (due to the hype of the new rel), you can port characters over the ones you can clone to use them as clones Nebulon does this a lot in his pack.

I'm going to test tomorrow the new Giga Koopa alone rel file to add new colors for him unless I can figure out how to add to the default one, I will post pictures when I finish testing him
    « Last Edit: January 01, 2015, 02:20:03 AM by Shiro_Neku » Logged

Don Jon Bravo
    Heroic Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #7686 on: January 01, 2015, 02:18:14 AM »

You should check the OP, the new 2.0 have just been upload by Phantom Wings it include new modules for Rob, Toon Link, Dedede, Diddy Kong, Ness, Bowser, Giga Bowser, Samus, and Zerosuit Samus
    haha was that like done today?
    lol

Shiro_Neku
    Advanced Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #7687 on: January 01, 2015, 02:21:22 AM »

haha was that like done today?
    lol
    lol just a couple of minutes ago, I was going to sleep when I noticed Phantom Wings online but now I'm going to sleep to test the new stuff "tomorrow"

PhantomWings
    Mega Kitten

• Awards Super Saiyan Topic Featured

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #7688 on: January 01, 2015, 02:22:23 AM »

(it looks like someone already spotted me...)

Hey guys. Happy New Years!

Unfortunately, I don't have any big updates or projects for the BrawlEx anniversary. That being said, I figured I'd at least make good on that version 2.0.0.0 Clone Engine that I created and then promptly left incomplete back in May. Version 2.0.0.0 is up in the downloads section of the main page as well as a small update to the BrawlEx Config Tool to handle the version 2 config files.

I managed to get it tested on consoles this time and it seems to be pretty stable. However, I wasn't able to replicate the 4-player crash bug that was reported so it may have been related to the Final Smash loading bug which has since been fixed. As for the Target Smash bug, it seems to stem from overriding Cosmitic 2C (Targets) using an elevated Cosmetic Config file. I'm not sure what changed between v1.1.4.0 and v2.0.0.0 that caused this bug to manifest itself, but for now, it would be best to avoid replacing that particular cosmetic.

Finally, there is one last bug which I was not able to isolate. I only noticed this with your pack Nebulon as you seem to have made some changes to how certain character's graphical effects are loaded and used. Testing your pack with v2.0.0.0, I noticed that the change between the two versions caused Mario's Final Smash effect to not load or show properly. Moreover, removing the custom moveset from his slot fixed the behaviour. I'd like to emphasize that this is a separate bug from the previous bug mentioned which was specific to ExCharacters. I don't know much more details than that but I just thought I'd give you a heads up for when it comes to integrating the new version.

I've also gone an added some new ExModules for Dedede, Diddy Kong, Ness, Bowser, Giga Bowser, Samus, and Zerosuit Samus. Bowser, Giga Bowser, Samus and Zerosuit Samus also have alone variants which allow them to be used without their partner character. Transforming clone characters require a bit of extra work to get setup, so if you need directions, just ask.

On that note, it looks like I have a lot of catching up to do. I'd like to apologize for keeping everyone waiting on the next version for so long. Thanks for waiting up for me. I don't plan on disappearing anytime soon, so if there's anything I need to be caught up on or any questions that need to be answered, I'll be here to answer them.

The per-color final smash feature simply splits the Fit<Character>Final.pac resource into color based Fit<Character>FinalXX.pac resources. This works for any character and allows a separate resource file to be loaded for each character color. For example, you could take the mods for Red, Blue, and Green Triforce Slash and assign each one to Red, Blue, and Green Link.

Giga Bowser (as well as Wario Man) are slightly different in that they are actually loading different characters. Typically, when a character transforms, they carry their color flag over (i.e. Red Zelda will transform into Red Sheik). However, both Giga Bowser and Wario Man have been configured to only have one available color - FitGKoopa00.pac and WarioMan00.pac. Because of this configuration, even if you are playing as Red Bowser, you will still get the regular Giga Bowser. I haven't tested this personally, but if you were to configure Giga Bowser to have additional colors (FitGKoopa01.pac FitGKoopa02.pac etc...) then he should load up the appropriate color for whichever color you're playing.

Don Jon Bravo
    Heroic Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #7689 on: January 01, 2015, 02:35:28 AM »

(it looks like someone already spotted me...)

lolz
    so i take it the code for loading portraits via the sd code has been improvd?
    if i remember it had some lagging issues...

just checked OP
    that part is still being worked on.
    anyways thanks
    cant wait to expand my pack
    there is a new Battletoads PSA being worked on. Smiley
    Happy new year Sir.
    « Last Edit: January 01, 2015, 02:44:51 AM by Don Jon BravoEX » Logged

Steam/SSBB Guy
    Extreme Kitten

• Awards Tutorial Writer

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #7690 on: January 01, 2015, 03:03:55 AM »

Can't wait to use the new configs for the result screen announcer clip being loaded cause, No offense but it bothers me a bit whenever you'd go to the result screen and here, "The Winner is...(Insert cursor soundeffect when hovering over a character)" It just sounded out of place because it was.

✦Dylan✦
    Holocaust Mastermind
    Extreme Kitten

Inactive, wont be returning

• Awards Tutorial Writer Active Contributor RAGE!!

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #7691 on: January 01, 2015, 05:15:24 AM »

PW, what do you mean no big updates, YOU CAN CLONE BOWSER NOW! AND SAMUS, ZSS AND GIGA BOWSER!

But now we need someone to make a balanced Giga Bowser PSA...

Did that already happen? Cant remember.

Power Marshall
    -JDeLL~
    Special Access

• Awards Hot Topic Heart Container Dedicated Hacker Tutorial Writer

• View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #7692 on: January 01, 2015, 07:47:07 AM »

Happy new year to you too, Phantom. Hope you're enjoying the new year. Glad to see you once again, hard at work as always!

I have a question, and I hope you can be here to answer it lol. Two actually.

One, can a character be given two (or more) team color sets? What I mean is, for example, Wario has two color sets: Red, blue, green for overalls, and red blue green for biker. Can I give Mario two color sets, for like, Mario and Dr. Mario?

And my other question, probably not do-able... I've been trying to see if I can replace Squirtle with pikachu for some time, and without using rels, I've been able to make him as stable as I can (no crashing) but it's tough to change a character with PSA alone. Can I do something with BrawlEx? Now I know Squirtle shares ft_poke.rel with his brethren, but I was wondering if it will ever be possible to replace him as easily is... oh, I don't know, replacing mario with another marth or something? I await your answer. I want to get this off the shelf of "Maybe a possibility" asap. Smiley Thanks for reading!

Want to learn about my new project? Click here!
    Updated 1/18

HaloFanODST
    Holy Kitten

• Awards Hey! Listen! Good Citizen Heart Container

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #7693 on: January 01, 2015, 12:42:54 PM »

All right, gonna test this out to see if there are not problems Tongue

If not, then the next version of my pack will be using the v.2.0.0.0 of BrawlEx.

Before someone attacks me:
    No, I won't say/accept the term "American" to refer exclusively to people or things from the United States.
    America is a continent and deal with it.
    I'm an American, but not necessarily from the U.S.

Tabuu Forte Akugun
    Boss Kitten

Smash 4 Main: Bowser

• Awards Heart Container Famous Hacker Starstormer Super Saiyan Topic

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #7694 on: January 01, 2015, 01:24:50 PM »

An update to ver. 2.0.0? Sweet stuff. New EXModules? Yes! Cheesy

Question: has the Zelda Up B glitch been fixed?

Pages:  1 ... 510 511 512 [513] 514 515 516 ... 590
    Print
    Jump to: