The Brawl Expansion Project
Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Pages:  1 ... 516 517 518 [519] 520 521 522 ... 588
Author Topic: The Brawl Expansion Project  (Read 1181645 times)
Don Jon Bravo
Heroic Kitten

• Awards Boo! Famous Hacker Fiery Topic Heart Container Favorite'd

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #7770 on: January 09, 2015, 10:07:19 PM »

Well, you need to open the Fighter.dat file in the BrawlExConfigTool.exe.

And to clone Giga Bowser you need to do more than just create the clone (according to the Notes.txt)
    But nobody has cloned Giga Bowser yet, so IDK if you're right or wrong.

probably because giga has got only one moveset.

Ebola16
    Importer of Dreams
    Boss Kitten

Brawl R&D

• Awards Famous Hacker Hot Topic Pin Collector Heart Container Good Citizen

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #7771 on: January 09, 2015, 10:53:11 PM »

So, I checked the .txt with the 2.0 rels. What the heck is an elevated rel number and how do I use it to make transforming characters?

PhantomWings said this about transforming Brawlex characters:
    If you just want the alone variant of the character, then you can clone them exactly the same way you'd clone any other character. For cloning both characters, you'll need to do a little bit more with the config files.

Start by cloning both of the characters as you would normally. For this example, I'll say I'm going to clone Zelda and Sheik as ZeldaEx and SheikEx into slots 3F and 40. The one main thing that's different is that there's only 1 ExModule to work with: ft_zelda-sheik.rel. This module can be configured similarly to the regular ExModules, except that there are two spaces in section[8] for both Zelda and Sheik's ids. In this case, I'm going to be changing those ids to 3F and 40. After configuring the ExModule, you can name it to something like ft_zeldaex-sheikex.rel and place it in your modules folder. From here, you can configure your Fighter Config files to point to the FitZeldaEx and FitSheikEx resources. After configuring the Fighter Config files, open them back up with a hex editor and change the both of the module reference strings to "ft_zeldaex-sheikex.rel". Finally, open up the Slot Config files for both characters and change the Edit Flags (@0x0C) to 0x00000001, and change the Slot Characters (@0x10) to 0x0000003F and 0x00000040 for Zelda's Slot Config and 0x00000040 and 0x0000003F for Sheik's Slot Config. After that, you should be ready to go.

To Summarize:
    - Acquire fighter resources, config files, and the 1 ExModule file.
    - Configure both character ids and the module id of the ExModule.
    - Configure the Fighter Config files to point to the fighter resources.
    - Manually change the 2 Fighter Config files to reference the 1 ExModule file.
    - Manually change the Slot Config files to point to both of the new fighters in either order of your choice.

One final thing to note: If you're going to clone Bowser and GigaBowser together, you'll need to make one additional change: When you're configuring the fighter config files, be sure to check the "Merge Motion/Etc" check box. Additionally, you'll need to use the merged Bowser and GigaBowser MotionEtc.pac files from the downloads section on the main page.

Also, if you want to use Giga Bowser alone, he will work with his normal files, but he won't have his attack effects as they are loaded from Bowser's moveset file. The same download link I just mentioned also has a modified GigaBowser moveset file that has Bowser's effect file added into it. Use this moveset file instead if you want the attack effects to show up.

I believe Elevated config refers to setting "0x0C Edit Flags" in the config files to 0x01. This allows the game to read "Not set unless specified in Edit Flags" values. I use them for making Brawlex Boss slots usable. They also seem to be necessary for transforming Brawlex characters, though I have not set one up myself. Although pikazz has: http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=66478.0

Brawlex Advancements (Supplement to the Brawlex thread's original post)
    I use NTSC-U Brawlex, Win 10, latest Dolphin Dev builds, and 3ds Max 2016 (3ds Max Guide). Refresh and see my imports!

✦Dylan✦
    Holocaust Mastermind
    Extreme Kitten

Sample Text

• Awards Tutorial Writer Active Contributor RAGE!!

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #7772 on: January 10, 2015, 02:55:00 AM »

The config tool hasn't been updated, I think.

Post Merge: January 10, 2015, 02:56:11 AM
    Never mind, I think it has been!

Post Merge: January 10, 2015, 03:00:54 AM
    Also, how do I achieve the CBliss effect with this I know its been asked before but that was when it had round bout 250 pages or something.
    « Last Edit: January 10, 2015, 03:00:54 AM by TheRealDylanator » Logged

Alejandro MiddleCorn
    Holy Kitten

"Es tu momento, de morir" -Jack Tarkatan

• Awards Heart Container

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #7773 on: January 10, 2015, 10:21:47 AM »

The config tool hasn't been updated, I think.

Post Merge: January 10, 2015, 02:56:11 AM
    Never mind, I think it has been!

Post Merge: January 10, 2015, 03:00:54 AM
    Also, how do I achieve the CBliss effect with this I know its been asked before but that was when it had round bout 250 pages or something.

http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=66848.0

My BrawlEx Pack:

UPDATED 02/11/2014

http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=206916

Jack Tarkatan BrawlEx pack thread:

http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=72472.0

HELP NEEDED!!!!

Before someone attacks me:
    No, I won't say/accept the term "American" to refer exclusively to people or things from the United States.
    America is a continent and deal with it.
    I'm an American, but not necessarily from the U.S.

SUPAHSAWNIK99
    Extreme Kitten

Super Sonic Style!

View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #7774 on: January 10, 2015, 01:40:26 PM »

Is there any possible way that I can add Kirby hats to clones?

ALL ABOARD THE HYPE TRAIN!!!!
    NNID: Supersawnik99

Alejandro MiddleCorn
    Holy Kitten

• Awards Heart Container

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #7775 on: January 10, 2015, 02:33:32 PM »

There isn't. At least that's what I know.

My BrawlEx Pack:

UPDATED 02/11/2014

HELP NEEDED!!!!

No, I won't say/accept the term "American" to refer exclusively to people or things from the United States.

Tabuu Forte Akugun
    Boss Kitten

Smash 4 Main: Bowser

• Awards Heart Container Famous Hacker Starstormer Super Saiyan Topic KCMM Veteran

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #7776 on: January 10, 2015, 05:52:38 PM »

Not unless you give them existing ones, IIRC

Retired from Brawl modding, but going strong in the Smash Wii U scene on GB!

http://gamebanana.com/members/1511482

Power Marshall
    -JDeLL~
    Special Access

• Awards Heart Container Dedicated Hacker Tutorial Writer Active Contributor

• View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #7777 on: January 11, 2015, 10:44:06 AM »

Okay, I know the ASL doesn't work with BrawlEx? But exactly what part does it affect the code? What I'm trying to ask is, can I use the Brawlex for only the char_bust_tex csp loading and not use any configs and the ASL will work, or what?

Want to learn about my new project? Click here!
    Updated 1/18

Tabuu Forte Akugun
    Boss Kitten

Smash 4 Main: Bowser

• Awards Heart Container Famous Hacker Starstormer Super Saiyan Topic KCMM Veteran

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #7778 on: January 11, 2015, 01:26:04 PM »

Can I blend old FighterConfigs with new ones in the same roster or do I have to  update to the new ones?

Retired from Brawl modding, but going strong in the Smash Wii U scene on GB!

http://gamebanana.com/members/1511482

PhantomWings
    Mega Kitten

• Awards Super Saiyan Topic Featured

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #7779 on: January 11, 2015, 01:38:10 PM »

Okay, I know the ASL doesn't work with BrawlEx? But exactly what part does it affect the code? What I'm trying to ask is, can I use the Brawlex for only the char_bust_tex csp loading and not use any configs and the ASL will work, or what?

I'm not entirely sure what the situation on this is, but as I recall, the main issue is that some of the memory locations in High Memory (0x90000000 and up) have been shifted due to the presence of BrawlEx. This means that the code is no longer reading or writing the proper values. This led to an incident where one player's save file was corrupted with a different kind of corruption than the known MyMusic bug. I don't believe he ever recovered his save file.

In anycase, I would advise against trying to use it unless you know what you're doing or someone has found a fix for it.

Can I blend old FighterConfigs with new ones in the same roster or do I have to  update to the new ones?

Yes, v1.0 config files are compatible with v2.0 BrawlEx. v2.0 config files are also compatible with v1.0 BrawlEx. It was important that players would be able to update their BrawlEx version but still be able to use old packs. Bear in mind though, that this may not hold true for future versions as older versions more than 1 generation behind may become incompatible with the latest version.

Alejandro MiddleCorn
    Holy Kitten

• Awards Heart Container

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #7780 on: January 11, 2015, 02:00:07 PM »

There needs to be a way to clone soundbanks.

My BrawlEx Pack:

UPDATED 02/11/2014

HELP NEEDED!!!!

Stronger93
    Newbie Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #7781 on: January 11, 2015, 09:19:13 PM »

I need help! I put pikezars pack on my SD card and whenever I load it up with riivolution the character select screen is completely empty! Help plzz!

Alejandro MiddleCorn
    Holy Kitten

• Awards Heart Container

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #7782 on: January 11, 2015, 09:24:35 PM »

I need help! I put pikezars pack on my SD card and whenever I load it up with riivolution the character select screen is completely empty! Help plzz!

Uh, do you have the correct XML for Riivo?

My BrawlEx Pack:

UPDATED 02/11/2014

HELP NEEDED!!!!

Stronger93
    Newbie Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #7783 on: January 12, 2015, 05:30:36 AM »

I think I'm using brawl minus xml

Power Marshall
    -JDeLL~
    Special Access

• Awards Heart Container Dedicated Hacker Tutorial Writer Active Contributor

• View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #7784 on: January 12, 2015, 06:38:23 AM »

I'm not entirely sure what the situation on this is, but as I recall, the main issue is that some of the memory locations in High Memory (0x90000000 and up) have been shifted due to the presence of BrawlEx. This means that the code is no longer reading or writing the proper values. This led to an incident where one player's save file was corrupted with a different kind of corruption than the known MyMusic bug. I don't believe he ever recovered his save file.

In anycase, I would advise against trying to use it unless you know what you're doing or someone has found a fix for it.
    Hmm. I'm fine with not using Brawlex if it means I could use the ASL... but, I do like the fact that you can load portraits elsewhere to save file size limits. Is there anyway I could just use THAT part of the code? Is there a section I could just cut out and I just have that? Or, is it that, that part of the code is scattered throughout the file patch code? I hate to keep asking this, and I know it must be like a broken record; I thank you for your response. I just would like to know. Thanks!

Want to learn about my new project? Click here!
    Updated 1/18

Pages:  1 ... 516 517 518 [519] 520 521 522 ... 588
    Print
    Jump to: