Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Pages:  1 ... 538 539 540 [541] 542 543 544 ... 590
Author Topic: The Brawl Expansion Project  (Read 2837850 times)
123123sora
Expert Kitten

• Awards Dedicated Hacker

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #8100 on: June 07, 2015, 07:56:34 PM »

The muted final smashes are a brawlEx issue, I don't know if there's any feasible work around.

As for the costume limit you need to set it in both your fighterconfig and your cssSlotConfig for it to work properly. If you only set it in cssSlot it'll seem fine on the css but your random will cause crashes.

Can you explain to me where exactly in the fighter config and cssslot config the # of costumes is?

secretchaos1
    Extreme Kitten

Well, I don't want to leave this blank

• Awards Star Hacker >9000 Featured Shadow the Pinhog

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #8101 on: June 07, 2015, 08:54:29 PM »

Can you explain to me where exactly in the fighter config and cssslot config the # of costumes is?

Sure, but I'll be using some Screenshooter links to make things simpler.
    If you open up your FighterConfig in the BrawlEXConfiguration tool you can find the costumes on the right hand side as a section of checkboxes, just check in the numbers of whichever costumes you're using.

For CssSlotConfig you'll need to open the file up in a hex editor and change up the last section of data from 0x20 and onward. Every 4 bits represents one costume, the first 2 represent either the colour of the costume or the file, and the second two represent vice-versa (Sorry, I forget which order is which). The colour identifier seems to be primarily used for team battle, to tell the game which costume is "Red", "Green" or "blue" respectively in that mode. Then the other number is for the file to load (fitCharacter00.pcs, fitCharacter01.pcs etc). I typically just use the same colour value as I do for the file value just to keep things simple. Once you've put in all the costume you want, you end the file with a "0C". Here's a screenshot to show you what I mean: http://screenshooter.net/99992442/xwumfsd

In that example I have the original Mario on the roster expanded to 10 costumes in total, but if you wanted say only five you'd simply add 0C after the last 05 in that section and fill in the rest of the file with 00's.
    Hopefully that helps you out, if you need me to explain anything in further detail though feel free to ask.

123123sora
    Expert Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #8102 on: June 07, 2015, 09:30:50 PM »

Sure, but I'll be using some Screenshooter links to make things simpler.
    If you open up your FighterConfig in the BrawlEXConfiguration tool you can find the costumes on the right hand side as a section of checkboxes, just check in the numbers of whichever costumes you're using.

For CssSlotConfig you'll need to open the file up in a hex editor and change up the last section of data from 0x20 and onward. Every 4 bits represents one costume, the first 2 represent either the colour of the costume or the file, and the second two represent vice-versa (Sorry, I forget which order is which). The colour identifier seems to be primarily used for team battle, to tell the game which costume is "Red", "Green" or "blue" respectively in that mode. Then the other number is for the file to load (fitCharacter00.pcs, fitCharacter01.pcs etc). I typically just use the same colour value as I do for the file value just to keep things simple. Once you've put in all the costume you want, you end the file with a "0C". Here's a screenshot to show you what I mean: http://screenshooter.net/99992442/xwumfsd

In that example I have the original Mario on the roster expanded to 10 costumes in total, but if you wanted say only five you'd simply add 0C after the last 05 in that section and fill in the rest of the file with 00's.
    Hopefully that helps you out, if you need me to explain anything in further detail though feel free to ask.

Hey thanks a lot Cheesy It appears that the first two bits are the color and the second two are the actual filename. I found this out because it was a Zelda CSSRoster.dat I was editing.

I have another unrelated question though. For some reason, my clones only load the BPs for the first costume in game... why is this?

EDIT: I have another question too. I'm trying to make a BrawlEx SFX for Rosalina over Meta Ridley but I don't know how to add KO SFX. Where is the KO SFX in the PSA file???
    « Last Edit: June 07, 2015, 10:16:08 PM by 123123sora » Logged

HaloFanODST
    Holy Kitten

• Awards Hey! Listen! Good Citizen Heart Container

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #8103 on: June 08, 2015, 06:50:59 AM »

Hey thanks a lot Cheesy It appears that the first two bits are the color and the second two are the actual filename. I found this out because it was a Zelda CSSRoster.dat I was editing.

I have another unrelated question though. For some reason, my clones only load the BPs for the first costume in game... why is this?

EDIT: I have another question too. I'm trying to make a BrawlEx SFX for Rosalina over Meta Ridley but I don't know how to add KO SFX. Where is the KO SFX in the PSA file???

PSA currently doesn't support KO SFX.
    To replace them you need to use either Tabuu, BrawlBox or a Hex Editor.
    I personally reccomend a Hex Editor since the other 2 methods tend to corrupt PSA filea.
    Believe me, I've tried.

A Hex Editor is not user friendly, but it is better.

Before someone attacks me:
    No, I won't say/accept the term "American" to refer exclusively to people or things from the United States.
    America is a continent and deal with it.
    I'm an American, but not necessarily from the U.S.

OmegaPyron
    Advanced Kitten

Begone impostor! There can be but one Pyron!

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #8104 on: June 08, 2015, 10:51:53 AM »

What is the easiest/quickest way to change CSP's on Nebulon's Brawl 4 All? I'm using the 2 GB version.

For P:M, the files are located in pf/system/common5.pac/sc_selharacter_en/char_bust_tex_Iz77/MiscData[X]
    and load properly when replaced with Brawlbox. In this build, all the Csps found in the common5.pac are Brawl's default and don't match. Replacing them has no effect!

I found the correct csp's is in pf/menu/common/char_bust_tex/MenSelchrFaceBXXX.brres, but if I replace them, the game glitches going from Homebrew to Gecko.
    As advised from http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=67591.0 and the videos,
    I tried LZ77 Extended Compressing the MenSelchrFaceBXXX.brres and converting the images to CMPR, but the game still glitches.

123123sora
    Expert Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #8105 on: June 08, 2015, 12:42:40 PM »

PSA currently doesn't support KO SFX.
    To replace them you need to use either Tabuu, BrawlBox or a Hex Editor.
    I personally reccomend a Hex Editor since the other 2 methods tend to corrupt PSA filea.
    Believe me, I've tried.

A Hex Editor is not user friendly, but it is better.

What bits are KO SFX?

HaloFanODST
    Holy Kitten

• Awards Hey! Listen! Good Citizen Heart Container

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #8106 on: June 08, 2015, 06:33:40 PM »

What bits are KO SFX?

You need to find the ID's by yourself using the SFX ID list.

I've never tried it, but some other people have done it before and it worked.

Before someone attacks me:
    No, I won't say/accept the term "American" to refer exclusively to people or things from the United States.
    America is a continent and deal with it.
    I'm an American, but not necessarily from the U.S.

Ebola16
    Importer of Dreams
    Boss Kitten

Brawl R&D // Dolphin Emulator Dev

• Awards Famous Hacker Super Saiyan Topic Sniper Pin Collector

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #8107 on: June 15, 2015, 10:08:56 PM »

In a few of the Brawlex builds, I find a 0KB file called "Bit Variable Clear" in the fighter folder. Does this file serve a purpose?

Brawlex Advancements (Supplement to the Brawlex thread's original post)
    I use RSBE Brawlex v2.0.0.0 Extended, Win 10, and 3ds Max (3ds Max Guide). Refresh to see my imports!

Γ
    Newbie Kitten

Waa.

View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #8108 on: June 24, 2015, 10:21:44 AM »

Can someone link me to a text tutorial on how to edit/add clone SFX?

Tiberious
    Mega Kitten

• Awards Fiery Topic

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #8109 on: July 03, 2015, 10:04:59 AM »

Okay, I'm looking for the best characters out there... the cream of the crop. Those that will act as if they were always meant to be in Brawl the whole time. What ones are those?

Ideally, I'd like to add Mewtwo if he's any good, and same for Roy, but I won't if either of them are jank in any way.

These will also be for vanilla Brawl, so keep that in mind. Tripping sucks, but it's just part of the game, and I've gotten over it.

Weegeeisgoingtokillme
    Advanced Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #8110 on: July 03, 2015, 10:47:14 PM »

Curious question, were the forbidden 7 along with ZSS and Sheik manually added in the Fighter Chart or did it go by what the game files said?

BlazeBlue
    Advanced Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #8111 on: July 04, 2015, 07:12:38 AM »

Does anybody know if you can use mario's bx fighter rel for luigi? and Does anyone (specifically sammihusky) have an idea for the clone tools progression. that tool is brawlex's greatest ally and its fun to work with

Inawordyes
    Newbie Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #8112 on: July 04, 2015, 10:31:10 AM »

Okay, I'm looking for the best characters out there... the cream of the crop. Those that will act as if they were always meant to be in Brawl the whole time. What ones are those?

Ideally, I'd like to add Mewtwo if he's any good, and same for Roy, but I won't if either of them are jank in any way.

These will also be for vanilla Brawl, so keep that in mind. Tripping sucks, but it's just part of the game, and I've gotten over it.

There's a port of both Mewtwo and Roy on the Brawl Vault somewhere that takes their Project M incarnations and adapts them to vBrawl. Another good submission would perhaps be the 2D Marisa PSA that adds the Touhou character Marisa as a 2d sprite character similar to Mr. Game & Watch. The Scott Pilgrim PSA is pretty good as well. There's also a recently-released character named Alastor that might be somewhat what you're looking for.

If you like characters moreso than movesets, then it might also be good to look into the "True xx" PSA series and adapting a model for a character you like over it - which would make them a semi-clone of the original character (Link, Toon Link (as Young Link) Ike, Ganondorf, Captain Falcon, Charizard, Bowser, Meta Knight, and the PM version of Roy all have one, and with the exception of Charizard all are compatible with BrawlEx at this point in time, though Captain Falcon is still a beta module).

Just some suggestions! The best thing to do is take a look at the Character PSA Repository and see if anything strikes your fancy (and most/all of the movesets you can just, as above, put in with another character model if you want).

http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=65218.0

SemiPsycho
    Extreme Kitten

Personal Text:

• Awards Hot Topic Tutorial Writer

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #8113 on: July 04, 2015, 10:51:00 AM »

ebola16: Bit Variable Clear is usually a script inside of PSAs or FitCharacter.pac files to end a certain variable. The file might be used to stop certain variables so if other characters are using them, it doesn't cause any problems and affect gameplay.

Γ: I'm sure there are tutorials out there. I googled it very quickly and saw a video, so they should be out there. I don't think this is the place for me to write a whole tutorial though.

Weegeeisgoingtokillme: I think it goes by the game's files, but for a more intelligent answer, you should ask questions like this in a different area.

BlazeBlue: It's worth dabbling around with to find out!
    P.S. We should play BlazBlue...

Persona-Aya
    Mega Kitten

In awe of the talents of the Brawl Vault community

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #8114 on: July 04, 2015, 09:32:59 PM »

I can only go off my own experiences so bare that in mind. For completely new, different and working (i.e I haven't encountered any issues):

-2D Marisa over Lucas - Inawordyes mentioned this one, and I'm a Touhou fan so that obviously helps, but this is my favorite PSA. Fun and versatile moveset, brilliant visuals, not OP but not weak, tons of Easter eggs, it's just a blast! Has some cool alts including recolors and other Touhou characters.
    -Scott Pilgrim over Lucas - Inawordyes mentioned this one too, great moveset and if you're familiar with the character you'll really appreciate this one
    -Geno over ROB
    -Goku over Pit
    -Cloud over Ike (I use the Cloud Strife Fusion Blader one personally, which is the newest Cloud PSA from memory)
    -Sephiroth over Marth (The 5.2 version works well from my experience)
    -Majin Vegeta over Pikachu
    -Villager over Pit
    -Megaman over Snake (based off of Smash 4's model)
    -Skull Kid over Toon Link (Slightly OP maybe, haven't decided yet)
    -Zero over Link
    -X over ROB

For New characters that may have some minor issues or not feel 'Perfect':
    -Viewtiful Joe over Captain Falcon (Really fast, may feel odd but really well done)
    -Future Trunks over Ike (Works great EXCEPT never use the Side Taunt while facing Left or it will crash for some reason, but otherwise it's perfect)
    -2D Alice over Mario (Brilliant PSA that's similar in nature to the 2D Marisa, but Insanely OP and can be unkillable so only use for fun or if you don't care about God PSA's)
    -Roll over Zelda (Down Special is the same as neutral special due to nature of no transforming, some small hitboxes with some jab and tilt moves but I find her comfortable to use and she holds her own)
    -Lloyd Irving over Wolf (Set is fun, especially if you love Tales of Symphonia, and works fine, but I find the voice effects annoying unless you're using the included SFX file. Just my opinion, so otherwise it's perfect)
    --Lucina over Marth (Actually plays different to Marth, fun moveset)

Movesets that are great but similar in nature to other characters:
    -Battletoads over Ganon (A combo of Ganon and DK's moves with one or two twists. Plays well)
    -Roy over Marth (There's a few out there depending on your preference. I like the Hybrid one myself)
    -Saber over Link (Similar moves to Link with some twists)
    -Aryll over Link (See above)
    -Skyward Sword Link over Link (Alternative take on Link's moveset based off SS)
    -Momiji over Link (See above, but resembles Skyward Sword Link)
    -Young Link over Link (Similar to Melee Young Link with some twists)
    -Gray Fox over Meta Knight (Bigger then Meta Knight with some differences but similar in the sense that he thrives on quick movements and dominating slashing)
    -Broly over Ganondorf (Some alternative moves but feels similar to Ganon with some similar moves)

PSA's I haven't tried but look quality:
    -Shadow over Sonic (Not sure of best version)
    -Mewtwo over Lucario (Not sure of best version)
    -Dry Bones over Lucario
    -Koopa Trooper over Jigglypuff
    -Gotenks over Lucas
    -Neku over Lucas
    -Deadpool over Snake
    -Windwaker Toon Link over Toon Link
    -Knuckles over ? (Not sure of best version - Jigglypuff?)
    -Tails over ? (Not sure of best version - Jigglypuff?)
    -Majin Buu over Lucario
    -Kid Buu over Lucario

There's probably a lot more great ones out there but these are the ones I've tried out and enjoyed, or ones that look really interesting and quality based off previews and moveset info. Hope this helps a little

"You need a reason to fight. But it cannot be an ideal. If you fight for ideals, the only thing you can save are ideals. There is no way you can save people" - Archer, Fate Stay/Night (Unlimited Blade Works)

You know, in a weird sense, Brawl Modding has saved my life. So thank you to everyone involved in this community! Kirby Dance

Pages:  1 ... 538 539 540 [541] 542 543 544 ... 590
    Print
    Jump to: