Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Pages:  1 ... 540 541 542 [543] 544 545 546 ... 590
Author Topic: The Brawl Expansion Project  (Read 2827642 times)
Leon Exodio
Holy Kitten

Im back!!

• Awards Super Saiyan Topic Star Hacker >9000 King for a Day

• View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #8130 on: July 16, 2015, 05:06:56 AM »

has any body got a wolf brawlex psa to be able to load the blaster bullet and work correct because when i brawlex port my psa and edit the gfx the blaster bullet does not work so i open the psa in bb and go to the articles and add the new gfx to the article and it loads in game but it wont move does any body know how to fix this?

Ricky (Br3)
    KC:MM Family JesterㅤThe Last One Here
    Administrator

• Awards KCMM Storyteller Decade Staff RAGE!! Warm Welcomer

« Reply #8131 on: July 19, 2015, 07:51:30 AM »

Are you referring to using the combination of the tracklist modifier code, Stage-Track Dependant Song Loader codes, and Custom Sound Engine? I'm doing that now.  I would really like to see something that allows a new .brstm file to be read from the Wii .iso.

How is that any different?

ㅤlㅤ

ㅤlㅤ

Ebola16
    Importer of Dreams
    Boss Kitten

Brawl R&D // Dolphin Emulator Dev

• Awards Famous Hacker Super Saiyan Topic Sniper Pin Collector

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #8132 on: July 21, 2015, 02:08:30 PM »

How is that any different?
    Music can take up a lot of space on the SD card. Also, less reads from the SD card would be required. The file patch code nor the custom sound engine currently recognize new BRSTM files on the ISO (although this may be due to nothing in the system that points to the new files...)
    « Last Edit: July 21, 2015, 02:10:59 PM by ebola16 » Logged

Brawlex Advancements (Supplement to the Brawlex thread's original post)
    I use RSBE Brawlex v2.0.0.0 Extended, Win 10, and 3ds Max (3ds Max Guide). Refresh to see my imports!

Ricky (Br3)
    Administrator

« Reply #8133 on: July 21, 2015, 03:29:57 PM »

Considering we can use SDHC now, and that the time to read the SD card is minimal SPECIALLY when compared to reading from the game disc itself, I still think it's pointless.

With a 8GB SDHC card, you can have pretty much everything in the game replaced, and still add stuff. Or do you forget that the Brawl ISO itself is 7.92GB?

ㅤlㅤ

ㅤlㅤ

Ebola16
    Importer of Dreams
    Boss Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #8134 on: July 22, 2015, 09:43:34 AM »

Considering we can use SDHC now, and that the time to read the SD card is minimal SPECIALLY when compared to reading from the game disc itself, I still think it's pointless.

With a 8GB SDHC card, you can have pretty much everything in the game replaced, and still add stuff. Or do you forget that the Brawl ISO itself is 7.92GB?
    I like to keep the same SD card setup in Dolphin and real Wiis. Dolphin doesn't work with virtual SD cards higher than 2 gigs and songs can take up a lot of space. I still think there's value in reading new BRSTMs from an ISO (or having an ISO version of the custom sound engine). With wit, ISOs can be made from a filesystem so technically the size limit of Brawl's ISO is now the size of the hard drive. I'd rather read new BRSTMS from an ISO than worry about Dolphin/Wii SD compatibility.

I use RSBE Brawlex v2.0.0.0 Extended, Win 10, and 3ds Max (3ds Max Guide). Refresh to see my imports!

Ricky (Br3)
    Administrator

« Reply #8135 on: July 22, 2015, 10:46:01 AM »

I like to keep the same SD card setup in Dolphin and real Wiis. Dolphin doesn't work with virtual SD cards higher than 2 gigs and songs can take up a lot of space. I still think there's value in reading new BRSTMs from an ISO (or having an ISO version of the custom sound engine). With wit, ISOs can be made from a filesystem so technically the size limit of Brawl's ISO is now the size of the hard drive. I'd rather read new BRSTMS from an ISO than worry about Dolphin/Wii SD compatibility.

That is very theoretical. Are you sure Dolphin would still read the ISO properly after it's been expanded?

Anyways, nothing you said before mentioned Dolphin, so, from a Wii standpoint, your wish is already fulfilled. Even on Dolphin! Dolphin can also use added sounds from the SD with the codes, as long as you stay under the limit of a 2GB SD.

Since you're planning to use lots of music, your issue is actually with the virtual SD. Dolphin should allow for greater virtual SDs than 2GB, or, instead, allow you to use a real SD card instead of a virtual one.

ㅤlㅤ

ㅤlㅤ

Ebola16
    Importer of Dreams
    Boss Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #8136 on: July 22, 2015, 02:18:58 PM »

That is very theoretical. Are you sure Dolphin would still read the ISO properly after it's been expanded?

Anyways, nothing you said before mentioned Dolphin, so, from a Wii standpoint, your wish is already fulfilled. Even on Dolphin! Dolphin can also use added sounds from the SD with the codes, as long as you stay under the limit of a 2GB SD.

Since you're planning to use lots of music, your issue is actually with the virtual SD. Dolphin should allow for greater virtual SDs than 2GB, or, instead, allow you to use a real SD card instead of a virtual one.
    I've been using wit to expand the ISO for Brawl for awhile. I've had no problems on both Dolphin and real Wiis (USB Loader GX). That's why adding music to the ISO would be a sensible option since the ISO can easily be recreated.

Also, PhantomWings, the slow loading times for the "BX CSS Expansion v2.0.0.x" would probably be eliminated by reading cs_tex###.brres from the ISO.
    « Last Edit: July 26, 2015, 05:29:17 PM by ebola16 » Logged

secretchaos1
    Extreme Kitten

Well, I don't want to leave this blank

• Awards Star Hacker >9000 Featured Shadow the Pinhog

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #8137 on: July 26, 2015, 04:03:30 PM »

I figure this is the most relevant place to ask this, does anyone know of a work around for changing gfx files for fighters that use REFF data?
    I noticed after changing MarioDk's Goku over Pit to his own file that when in a battle with Pit his Kaioken transformation spawns a bunch of feather effects around him instead of the flames it's supposed to create. I've tried renaming them but that just breaks them entirely. Is there another method for getting around this?

Cyprus
    Expert Kitten

View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #8138 on: July 26, 2015, 10:21:53 PM »

Help! The Dark Samus PSA randomly turned into Mario and it was working fine the other day, what do I do to fix this problem?

Ebola16
    Importer of Dreams
    Boss Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #8139 on: August 05, 2015, 05:31:28 AM »

Quick question, does the Mr. Resetti assist trophy crash when using Brawlex characters for anyone else?
    « Last Edit: August 06, 2015, 05:03:23 AM by ebola16 » Logged

Nebulon
    Holy Kitten

• Awards Tutorial Writer Super Saiyan Topic Dedicated Hacker Heart Container

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #8140 on: August 05, 2015, 08:55:09 AM »

Quick question, does the Mr. Resetti assist trophy crash on Dolphin (but not real Wiis) when using Brawlex characters for anyone else?

It crashes for me on Wiis.

Want to talk about my pack? Let's take it over here to the Brawl 4 All thread: http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=71453.msg1306822#msg1306822

spiritpyros
    Extreme Kitten

justice will prevail

• Awards >9000 Star Hacker Favorite'd Ninja

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #8141 on: August 05, 2015, 04:59:17 PM »

My guess as to a fix is either we need new text for Mr Resseti for the brawlEx characters or make it so Mr Resseti uses a default characters text for when he appears like maybe use the text he uses when mario is out .

Anyways does anyone know how to make bowser alone clone slots, I'm very confused as to how I go about setting on up.

Tiberious
    Mega Kitten

• Awards Fiery Topic

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #8142 on: August 05, 2015, 07:52:39 PM »

So, what module(s) do(es) PM's 'Independent Pokémon' use? I had an interesting thought regarding Pokémon Trainer, in that I'd like to have both the main Trainer, as well as vBrawl-converted versions of the PM independent ones linked to their individual CSS boxes with their own legit CSPs and everything as EX-characters.

That way, you can choose which style you want, strategic switching, or a single moveset you prefer.

Would this be a possibility?

Ebola16
    Importer of Dreams
    Boss Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #8143 on: August 06, 2015, 05:02:36 AM »

It crashes for me on Wiis.
    Oh yes, it does there too. If anyone wants to test, this code will always cause Mr. Resetti to appear from an assist trophy:
    4A000000 90180F08
    14000054 00040000
    E0000000 80008000
    « Last Edit: August 06, 2015, 12:55:38 PM by ebola16 » Logged

✦Dylan✦
    Holocaust Mastermind
    Extreme Kitten

Inactive, wont be returning

• Awards Tutorial Writer Active Contributor RAGE!!

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #8144 on: August 07, 2015, 09:56:51 AM »

Yeah, we need to get the ability to make more Mr.Ressetti lines for ex characters or one like what Nintendo did with Pits codecs with DLC fighters. Anyway I've been gone a long time so anything happen recently?

Pages:  1 ... 540 541 542 [543] 544 545 546 ... 590
    Print
    Jump to: