Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Pages:  1 ... 545 546 547 [548] 549 550 551 ... 590
Author Topic: The Brawl Expansion Project  (Read 2827169 times)
Firelis
Intermediate Kitten

• Awards Favorite'd Dedicated Hacker Shadow the Pinhog

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #8205 on: September 25, 2015, 04:26:42 AM »

Hey I have a question regarding Kirby hats, is there a way to make them work ? Because I've wanted to get one to work for a while now so that I could make a Dark Pit Kirby hat.

Ebola16
    Importer of Dreams
    Boss Kitten

Brawl R&D // Dolphin Emulator Dev

• Awards Famous Hacker Super Saiyan Topic Sniper Pin Collector

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #8206 on: September 25, 2015, 08:08:07 PM »

Hey I have a question regarding Kirby hats, is there a way to make them work ? Because I've wanted to get one to work for a while now so that I could make a Dark Pit Kirby hat.
    Unfortunately, there is no way to make them work at the moment.

Also, some people have been asking about the Clone Tool Link but I can't weigh in since I don't use it. The original post contains the necessary information to manually set up the Brawlex config files if you cannot wait. After some trial and error, it's actually pretty easy to do.
    « Last Edit: September 25, 2015, 08:10:31 PM by ebola16 » Logged

Brawlex Advancements (Supplement to the Brawlex thread's original post)
    I use RSBE Brawlex v2.0.0.0 Extended, Win 10, and 3ds Max (3ds Max Guide). Refresh to see my imports!

paku
    Mega Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #8207 on: September 26, 2015, 01:18:13 PM »

Anyone how can i create a custom announcer calls?

Ebola16
    Importer of Dreams
    Boss Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #8208 on: September 26, 2015, 09:59:38 PM »

Anyone how can i create a custom announcer calls?

1. Create a .wav audio file of the announcer call (You'll want the volume to be high and the sampling rate to be low)
    2. Use RSBE and Super Sawndz! to replace a sound with your announcer call (See http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=61460.0)
    3. Set Cosmetic Config's Announcer SFX ID to the new announcer call (See original post of Brawlex thread)
    (Optional) Set Slot Config's Victory Announcer Call to the same ID.
    « Last Edit: September 26, 2015, 10:16:48 PM by ebola16 » Logged

I use RSBE Brawlex v2.0.0.0 Extended, Win 10, and 3ds Max (3ds Max Guide). Refresh to see my imports!

secretchaos1
    Extreme Kitten

Well, I don't want to leave this blank

• Awards Star Hacker >9000 Featured Shadow the Pinhog

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #8209 on: September 27, 2015, 09:58:22 PM »

I believe the Clone Tool has been on hold or something to that effect, either way it isn't fully compatible with the newest BrawlEx from what I recall.
    I've always found it easier just to control everything manually myself anyway, less convenient but I prefer doing things the direct way.

Edit: Turns out I'm the last poster so I'll throw my comment in this way.

I finally got all of my base roster's cosmetics spaced out and positioned nicely to allow for extra costumes on all of them. I'm doing some trial and error to try and find the file ID number used for the fake costume.
    I'm using Diddy to test with since I know he uses a fake costume on default. Starting with 0D I've already encountered a silent crash (game doesn't freeze, can still use the home menu etc). So I'm assuming this means that 0D does point to a file, I just need to figure out what number or name it's trying to load up.

Edit 2: So with the magic of Dolphin I was able to see exactly which file it was trying to access:
    File Read  (SD): Open failed (/private/wii/app/RSBE/pf/fighter/diddy/FitDiddyFakekirby/FitKirbyISAAC.pac)

So for some reason it's looking for a "FitDiddyFakekirby/FitKirbyISAAC.pac" file. By the look of it, it's searching for the FitDiddyFake file, but then it seems like it crashes into the kirby data for one of my clones. Perhaps it's a bug with BrawlEx? Especially since PW likely didn't anticipate us to try and access the FitFighterFake.pcs.
    « Last Edit: October 01, 2015, 08:58:16 PM by secretchaos1 » Logged

Ebola16
    Importer of Dreams
    Boss Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #8210 on: October 01, 2015, 11:19:34 PM »

I believe the Clone Tool has been on hold or something to that effect, either way it isn't fully compatible with the newest BrawlEx from what I recall.
    I've always found it easier just to control everything manually myself anyway, less convenient but I prefer doing things the direct way.

Edit: Turns out I'm the last poster so I'll throw my comment in this way.

I finally got all of my base roster's cosmetics spaced out and positioned nicely to allow for extra costumes on all of them. I'm doing some trial and error to try and find the file ID number used for the fake costume.
    I'm using Diddy to test with since I know he uses a fake costume on default. Starting with 0D I've already encountered a silent crash (game doesn't freeze, can still use the home menu etc). So I'm assuming this means that 0D does point to a file, I just need to figure out what number or name it's trying to load up.

Edit 2: So with the magic of Dolphin I was able to see exactly which file it was trying to access:
    File Read  (SD): Open failed (/private/wii/app/RSBE/pf/fighter/diddy/FitDiddyFakekirby/FitKirbyISAAC.pac)

So for some reason it's looking for a "FitDiddyFakekirby/FitKirbyISAAC.pac" file. By the look of it, it's searching for the FitDiddyFake file, but then it seems like it crashes into the kirby data for one of my clones. Perhaps it's a bug with BrawlEx? Especially since PW likely didn't anticipate us to try and access the FitFighterFake.pcs.
    Mewtwo2000 didn't want to respond to me  Sad
    I got the same thing when I tried using 0D, although Fit*Fakekirby would sometimes redirect the "*" to a completely different brawlex character... Even if I created the folders and placed the fighter files where Dolphin expected, the game will still crash.
    I tested 0x0D-0x10 and 0xFF. All failed to load the 14th character.

ASF1nk
    HAX PRODIGY
    Supreme Kitten

• Awards >9000 Star Hacker Heart Container Pin Collector

• View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #8211 on: October 02, 2015, 02:51:29 AM »

0C = Dark.pac (Emerald)
    0D = Fake.pac
    80 - EF = Spy.pac (Clear) [crashes game]
    EE - FE = Spy.pac (Clear?) [works]

BrawlEx is somehow messing with it though.
    « Last Edit: October 02, 2015, 03:28:29 AM by ASF1nk » Logged

Ebola16
    Importer of Dreams
    Boss Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #8212 on: October 02, 2015, 03:15:24 AM »

Thanks for the info ASF1nk!
    « Last Edit: October 02, 2015, 03:53:47 AM by ebola16 » Logged

ASF1nk
    HAX PRODIGY
    Supreme Kitten

• Awards >9000 Star Hacker Heart Container Pin Collector

« Reply #8213 on: October 02, 2015, 03:39:00 AM »

Sorry I edited my previous post.
    I tested these in vBrawl because like I said BrawlEx messes with it.
    But I got the Spy.pacs to load.

Ebola16
    Importer of Dreams
    Boss Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #8214 on: October 02, 2015, 04:45:55 AM »

Sorry I edited my previous post.
    I tested these in vBrawl because like I said BrawlEx messes with it.
    But I got the Spy.pacs to load.

CONFIRMED, 14 COSTUMES!
    EE will load Fit*Spy. (Tested with a Zelda and Ness based PSA).
    EF caused freezing for me. If one fails to load Spy, it may be worth trying some others.
    You rock ASF1nk!

Now, welcome to CSP file size hell!  Evil

Spy update: Jiggs, Pikachu, Sonic and Wario have Fit*Spy## as opposed to the normal Fit*Spy
    Captain Falcon, Fox, Ganon, Poke Trainer, Sonic and Wolf have Fit*FinalSpy in addition to Fit*Final
    « Last Edit: October 02, 2015, 07:24:21 AM by ebola16 » Logged

Ricky (Br3)
    KC:MM Family JesterㅤThe Last One Here
    Administrator

• Awards KCMM Storyteller Decade Staff RAGE!! Warm Welcomer

« Reply #8215 on: October 02, 2015, 09:59:34 AM »

Share your findings with Phantom Wings, he could probably use the knowledge to improve BrawlEx. Great to know it works fine with vBrawl, though!

ㅤlㅤ

ㅤlㅤ

secretchaos1
    Extreme Kitten

Well, I don't want to leave this blank

• Awards Star Hacker >9000 Featured Shadow the Pinhog

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #8216 on: October 02, 2015, 03:14:50 PM »

Yeah, I kinda figured it must've been an issue on the BrawlEx side of things.
    Good to know the spy slot is exploitable however, since I never use invisible brawl I'll definitely be taking advantage of it.

So I'm assuming the characters that use the FitSpy## files can access more than one FitSpy costume? I know that Wario on default has FitSpy00 and FitSpy01 (I assume for his warioware and overalls respectively).

Also thanks Asf for clearing all that up, I knew the spy files had to be accessible somewhere but I would've long given up finding them with how far in they were.

Ebola16
    Importer of Dreams
    Boss Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #8217 on: October 02, 2015, 10:08:04 PM »

So I'm assuming the characters that use the FitSpy## files can access more than one FitSpy costume? I know that Wario on default has FitSpy00 and FitSpy01 (I assume for his warioware and overalls respectively).
    For Sonic:
    EE will load FitSonicSpy00 successfully
    EF will also try to load FitSonicSpy00 but crash
    Not quite what I was expecting.

jkid101094
    Newbie Kitten

Anime Girl Obsessive

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #8218 on: October 03, 2015, 05:41:36 AM »

I hate to be the guy that shows up just to ask a question but I have a bit of a dilemma on my hands as well. I'm the kind of guy that values the feeling of unlocking characters and since I know certain IDs are tied to certain unlock criteria, I was wondering if I could use BrawlEx to essentially swap character IDs?

My example in particular is that there's a Roll mod on the vault that goes over Shiek. I plan to replace Shadow Moses with a Megaman stage and add Megaman himself as a Snake clone. In theory it seems plausible that I could clone Shiek over Snake's ID (26) to make Roll unlockable by playing on the Megaman stage 10 times, but I'm not sure how this process would differ from the standard cloning process or if there's a better way to go about it.

My attempts to replace the Fighting Alloys with the Fighting Polygons also hit a similar snag as every alloy shares a single .rel file making swapping Blue Alloy out for Link and Red Alloy out for Pikachu impossible.

Thanks to Gelatos for the sig! ^.^

Zuhan
    Newbie Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #8219 on: October 03, 2015, 07:36:13 AM »

I cant help but notice that the BrawlEx Clone Tool link is broken. Is there another place I can go to download this?

Pages:  1 ... 545 546 547 [548] 549 550 551 ... 590
    Print
    Jump to: