Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Pages:  1 ... 548 549 550 [551] 552 553 554 ... 590
Author Topic: The Brawl Expansion Project  (Read 2827352 times)
Ebola16
Importer of Dreams
Boss Kitten

Brawl R&D // Dolphin Emulator Dev

• Awards Famous Hacker Super Saiyan Topic Sniper Pin Collector

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #8250 on: October 28, 2015, 11:52:53 AM »

I'm using the BX CSS Expansion v2.0.0.x and the lag isn't so bad on Dolphin Emulator with two players. It is annoying on console, but I still find it to be worth using. Reading from a virtual SD.raw is much faster than an actual SD card, so I think making BX CSS Expansion v2.0.0.x load from the .iso would improve the lag issue significantly. Using WIT, I've already expanded Brawl's image file to 7.6 GB so .iso sizelimits shouldn't be a problem.

Brawlex Advancements (Supplement to the Brawlex thread's original post)
    I use RSBE Brawlex v2.0.0.0 Extended, Win 10, and 3ds Max (3ds Max Guide). Refresh to see my imports!

secretchaos1
    Extreme Kitten

Well, I don't want to leave this blank

• Awards Star Hacker >9000 Featured Shadow the Pinhog

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #8251 on: October 28, 2015, 04:59:45 PM »

I can imagine your experience would vary on dolphin depending on your computer ( I have a slow laptop, so I try to aim for console mostly ) but iso loading could be quicker. Unfortunately that means backup loading for anyone on console and I know a lot of people are against the idea of that (I use a USB loader because my main wii has a dead disc drive though, so I could still take advantage of it).

Anyhow, in other news I've been playing around with classic mode now that stock icons isn't an issue. Classic mode cosmetics are setup based on the cosmetic ids used with BrawlEx, so if you've repointed all of your base fighters for additional costumes it's going to make a lot of them crash when trying to load up their congratulations videos.

You can fix this by renaming them on the iso, however the File Patch code doesn't load up videos iirc, so I don't think there's a way to fix that there. Renaming the files used in the pf/menu/intro folder can fix up crashes caused when loading stages however. They use the same value your csps use + 1.

Ebola16
    Importer of Dreams
    Boss Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #8252 on: October 28, 2015, 08:58:37 PM »

Regardless of how people feel about loading backups, optimizing BX CSS Expansion v2.0.0.x seems like the best way to have room for a lot of high quality CSPs. ISO integration is a feasible solution for BX CSS Expansion v2.0.0.x's biggest problem.

Also, another limitation of BX CSS Expansion v2.0.0.x:
    cs_tex###.brres's size limit is 250 KB. Since we now can use up to 14 characters for each moveset, we can exceed this size limit.
    To prevent this, at 128*160 pixel CSP's, you can have one of the following:
    12 CI8 encoded images @248-250KB
    11 CI8 and two CMPR encoded images @248-250KB
    10 CI8 and four CMPR encoded images @248-250KB

Do note that CMPR often produces a lower quality image than CI8. The biggest appeal of BX CSS Expansion v2.0.0.x is that there is seemingly no limit on the NUMBER of cs_tex###.brres's. That's how I have ~14 alts for a lot of my characters using high quality CSPs.

Post Merge: October 28, 2015, 09:13:15 PM
    Would changing the file path that BX CSS Expansion v2.0.0.x loads from be enough to load it from the .iso?

Post Merge: October 28, 2015, 10:53:43 PM
    And a random piece of information, I've narrowed down the source of "Using the BX CSS Roster Expansion will prevent Final Smash music for Luigi, Peach, and Dedede from playing." to sora_menu_sel_char.rel (MiscData[13] in older versions of Brawlbox) in common3.pac.
    « Last Edit: October 28, 2015, 10:53:43 PM by ebola16 » Logged

I use RSBE Brawlex v2.0.0.0 Extended, Win 10, and 3ds Max (3ds Max Guide). Refresh to see my imports!

Don Jon Bravo
    Heroic Kitten

• Awards Boo! Starstormer Super Saiyan Topic Famous Hacker

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #8253 on: October 28, 2015, 11:37:07 PM »

Or someone could get riivo working with backups...

secretchaos1
    Extreme Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #8254 on: October 28, 2015, 11:45:15 PM »

Changing the path might do it, it's certainly worth a shot. I'm not exactly sure what the file path looks like for reading from the iso however. I did glance by a few file paths in some of my module digging though, so I can't imagine finding and changing it would be too difficult.

As for the music issue did you figure out exactly how to fix it with that? Cause I'd love to apply that to my stock icon fix. It's really weird having Dedede do his dance sans music. I was only able to fix up the stock icon because I found "InfStc." with some % and numbers after it in the module. I figure the weird characters that followed somehow told it to check the costume slot and load that file and just axxed them from the code. If it's something plainly visible like that I could definitely take a crack at it, but anything more and I probably won't be of much help.

I think riivo working with backups is way more of a long shot unfortunately. I feel like if it was going to happen it would have by now (last I checked wii homebrew in general was on a decline), and I think the old appeal to get it working was just for Newer SMB. People just ended up cracking the riivo exclusivity instead.

Ebola16
    Importer of Dreams
    Boss Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #8255 on: October 28, 2015, 11:48:38 PM »

But changing the path to the iso would (hopefully) be easier until riivo works with backups. Does anyone know what path would denote loading from the iso? Other than the path itself and possible bytecounts, I don't think it would be too hard to do.

And secretchaos1, I just isolated the .rel as the source. It also has the path for BX CSS Expansion v2.0.0.x. There's some ugly stuff in there!
    « Last Edit: October 28, 2015, 11:49:48 PM by ebola16 » Logged

secretchaos1
    Extreme Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #8256 on: October 29, 2015, 01:52:55 PM »

I might take another look around on it and see if I can get the music playing again, but somehow I don't expect it's going to be as simple.

As for loading from an iso I wouldn't know unfortunately. I'd say trial and error but that could take an awfully long time if it isn't something obvious. Maybe if you dig around through the file you might find another file path that leads to the iso that you can use as reference? Other than that I wouldn't have a clue.

Ebola16
    Importer of Dreams
    Boss Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #8257 on: October 29, 2015, 03:17:00 PM »

I took a look into BX CSS Expansion v2.0.0.x's sora_menu_sel_char.rel (MiscData[13] in older versions of Brawlbox) in common3.pac. I placed some code chunks that were changed into a vbrawl sora_menu_sel_char.rel individually (confirmed identical via hex editor). None of the chunks caused the final smash music issue.

Unless the music issue is caused my multiple chunks of code interacting, it resides between 0x16 and 0x2314F :-(

I'll update this number as I test more chunks.
    NOTE: This range is only valid for BX CSS Expansion v2.0.0.x
    Note 2: Use Brawlbox 0.71 to replace MiscData[13] since I can't figure out how to replace .rels in the newest one.

Bad news, I tried replacing a chunk around 0x23189 and the game crashes. I suspect bytecount violations. More :-(

If attacking the back of the file didn't work, let's try the front!
    ^That didn't work either. Momentarily giving up.
    « Last Edit: October 29, 2015, 04:24:01 PM by ebola16 » Logged

OmegaSpacePirate
    Expert Kitten

• Awards Hot Topic

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #8258 on: November 01, 2015, 10:02:06 PM »

Am I allowed to request codes for a project that I'm making on this thread?

daniel741852
    Expert Kitten

Hacker in training.

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #8259 on: November 05, 2015, 12:58:12 AM »

I've been working on getting P:M 3.6 to work with BrawlEx, it was going extremely well until I reached the point of the stock icons that are shown mid-battle and air dodging. Here's a video to give you all a better idea on what I am talking about: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X5EJbai0eTU&feature=youtu.be

robintjuh
    Expert Kitten

• Awards RAGE!! Dedicated Hacker >9000 Tutorial Writer

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #8260 on: November 05, 2015, 06:29:52 AM »

If you go inside the info.pac miscdata 30 AnmTexPat you see InfStockface_TopN__0 this is the place where you can add stockicons because it does work when I use cbliss to add costumes for a excisting character it even works for mewtwo and roy. I dont know why it loads a mario icon though at the bottom it says InfStc.000 and thats not the mario's icon but rather a icon without textures. I would love to help since I know for a good amount how brawlex works. I can help you with all sort off brawlex things but I cant help you with the PM codes. Can you also tell me how you didnt let the game freeze when the announcer says GO because it always freezes for me when I try it. If my English is not so good sorry I'm from the Netherlands and still learning English.

daniel741852
    Expert Kitten

Hacker in training.

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #8261 on: November 05, 2015, 08:22:37 AM »

@robintjuh

I've tried that with Doc but I had no avail, I'll try again later in the day. I can't really answer your question since I don't know what kind of codes and files you are using in your pack.

robintjuh
    Expert Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #8262 on: November 05, 2015, 09:50:38 AM »

@robintjuh

I've tried that with Doc but I had no avail, I'll try again later in the day. I can't really answer your question since I don't know what kind of codes and files you are using in your pack.
    I use the project m D.I.Y. codes and all the normal project m files with the brawlex edits of course.

daniel741852
    Expert Kitten

Hacker in training.

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #8263 on: November 05, 2015, 10:00:58 AM »

I use the project m D.I.Y. codes and all the normal project m files with the brawlex edits of course.

It's most likely due to the fact P:M D.I.Y. only decoded 3.02 and not 3.6.

robintjuh
    Expert Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #8264 on: November 05, 2015, 10:29:08 AM »

It's most likely due to the fact P:M D.I.Y. only decoded 3.02 and not 3.6.
    Oh wait I misunderstood you I thought you used everything within project m. Thats why I found it so weird because noboby has been able to clone a character within project m because of  the GO issue as I mentioned before.

Pages:  1 ... 548 549 550 [551] 552 553 554 ... 590
    Print
    Jump to: