Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Pages:  1 ... 551 552 553 [554] 555 556 557 ... 590
Author Topic: The Brawl Expansion Project  (Read 2838061 times)
iPodwithnomusic
Newbie Kitten

View Profile Awards
« Reply #8295 on: November 17, 2015, 07:19:57 AM »

But I don't want to add 40+ characters, I just want to add a few.

secretchaos1
Extreme Kitten

Well, I don't want to leave this blank

• Awards Star Hacker >9000 Featured Shadow the Pinhog

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #8296 on: November 17, 2015, 10:07:36 AM »

appearantly that concept of coppy PF folder here to pf folder here is really hard for some people >.> so it would lesson some confusion.
    Ahh, nevermind I understand you completely now. I get a lot of questions like that about setting up my pack when it comes to copy/pasting stuff and renaming .gct's so I know exactly how you feel.

iPod, I believe there's some tutorials in the OP. I'd suggest reading it through thoroughly and giving them a good watch, then experimenting with what you've learned to see if you can figure it out.
    Download a pack anyway even if you don't intend to use it, you can utilize it as a reference if something isn't working right to help you troubleshoot.

Ebola16
    Importer of Dreams
    Boss Kitten

Brawl R&D // Dolphin Emulator Dev

• Awards Famous Hacker Super Saiyan Topic Sniper Pin Collector

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #8297 on: November 17, 2015, 10:54:51 AM »

But I don't want to add 40+ characters, I just want to add a few.
    Still, the easy way of learning how to modify Brawlex's configuration is to see an already functional pack. You can then create whatever setup you like using information from the first page.

Oops, secretchaos1 basicly said the same thing. I agree!
    « Last Edit: November 17, 2015, 10:56:33 AM by ebola16 » Logged

Brawlex Advancements (Supplement to the Brawlex thread's original post)
    I use RSBE Brawlex v2.0.0.0 Extended, Win 10, and 3ds Max (3ds Max Guide). Refresh to see my imports!

Nedark
    Newbie Kitten

Failure Incarnate

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #8298 on: November 18, 2015, 08:06:37 AM »

What would happen I added P:M Mewtwo to Brawl Minus? Would it work?

Tom Kenney summarized my life in seven words.
    "Yay, I win again, just like always!"

secretchaos1
    Extreme Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #8299 on: November 18, 2015, 11:12:43 AM »

What would happen I added P:M Mewtwo to Brawl Minus? Would it work?
    P:M Mewtwo relies on P:M's custom module. Use the backported P:M Mewtwo for vBrawl and it should work fine. Just do a search for Mewtwo on the vault and you should be able to find it.

Persona-Aya
    Mega Kitten

In awe of the talents of the Brawl Vault community

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #8300 on: November 19, 2015, 03:25:07 AM »

Hi all! Been a while since I've been here, nice to see this place hasn't died off completely!

Something I've been confused about for a while, how do some people get both original and extra characters onto their build that don't have a BrawlEx Module? For example people that have Spider-Man over Sheik but still also have Sheik available. how do they do this? In this case there is a zelda-shiek module & a Zelda-alone module, but there's a few other examples I've seen in packs but I can't remember them from the top of my head.

Also can anyone inform me of the state of the Beta Modules? I've had no issues with the Falcon one (I think from memory it's only problematic if it tries to load the Blue Falcon final smash. so if you've got a PSA that replaces the final smash it should be right), but can anyone tell me how functional the samus-alone and pikmin modules are? Might try them out if they work semi-consistently.

"You need a reason to fight. But it cannot be an ideal. If you fight for ideals, the only thing you can save are ideals. There is no way you can save people" - Archer, Fate Stay/Night (Unlimited Blade Works)

You know, in a weird sense, Brawl Modding has saved my life. So thank you to everyone involved in this community! Kirby Dance

secretchaos1
    Extreme Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #8301 on: November 19, 2015, 02:10:06 PM »

Hi all! Been a while since I've been here, nice to see this place hasn't died off completely!

Something I've been confused about for a while, how do some people get both original and extra characters onto their build that don't have a BrawlEx Module? For example people that have Spider-Man over Sheik but still also have Sheik available. how do they do this? In this case there is a zelda-shiek module & a Zelda-alone module, but there's a few other examples I've seen in packs but I can't remember them from the top of my head.

Also can anyone inform me of the state of the Beta Modules? I've had no issues with the Falcon one (I think from memory it's only problematic if it tries to load the Blue Falcon final smash. so if you've got a PSA that replaces the final smash it should be right), but can anyone tell me how functional the samus-alone and pikmin modules are? Might try them out if they work semi-consistently.
    Most of those characters you're talking about have hard ports over others (For instance Spiderman has a marth port I do believe).
    I've heard the pikmin module crashes occasionally so I haven't played with it much. I've used zss alone with no problems.

Persona-Aya
    Mega Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #8302 on: November 22, 2015, 02:19:28 AM »

Most of those characters you're talking about have hard ports over others (For instance Spiderman has a marth port I do believe).
    I've heard the pikmin module crashes occasionally so I haven't played with it much. I've used zss alone with no problems.

Oh really? I might have to dig a little deeper then. I remember trying a Dark Samus over Marth PSA that ended up crashing my game constantly so that may have put me off the idea of hard ports but I'll give it another shot.

Szerosuit alone is not in the beta section so it should be fine, but I haven't tried a PSA of that yet. Samus alone and Samus-SZeroSuit are in the beta part so I'm still not sure about them. I'lll give the Pikmin one a shot as there's an interesting looking Bomberman PSA over Olimar/Pikmin that I wanna try but didn't know how stable the module was.

"You need a reason to fight. But it cannot be an ideal. If you fight for ideals, the only thing you can save are ideals. There is no way you can save people" - Archer, Fate Stay/Night (Unlimited Blade Works)

You know, in a weird sense, Brawl Modding has saved my life. So thank you to everyone involved in this community! Kirby Dance

Ebola16
    Importer of Dreams
    Boss Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #8303 on: November 22, 2015, 10:52:02 AM »

Oh really? I might have to dig a little deeper then. I remember trying a Dark Samus over Marth PSA that ended up crashing my game constantly so that may have put me off the idea of hard ports but I'll give it another shot.
    I'm currently using the Dark Samus over Marth PSA in my Brawlex setup and I've had no problems with it.

I use RSBE Brawlex v2.0.0.0 Extended, Win 10, and 3ds Max (3ds Max Guide). Refresh to see my imports!

Don Jon Bravo
    Heroic Kitten

• Awards Boo! Starstormer Super Saiyan Topic Famous Hacker

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #8304 on: November 22, 2015, 07:08:24 PM »

is there a working yoshi moveset over a cloneable character?

Sirkura
    Lol Kitten

• Awards Featured Star Hacker Super Saiyan Topic >9000

• View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #8305 on: November 23, 2015, 04:40:30 AM »

So we are making headway in our project! when its done PMs alternate stage loader will work with BeX this means over 600+ stages and 128 characters. however we are hvaing trouble finding out exactly what makes BeX work, we found it has assembly added via bx_fighter.rel, but we can't seem to make much sense of it or where it reads from in the memory addresses. anyone happen to know more about its source code?

Ebola16
    Importer of Dreams
    Boss Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #8306 on: November 23, 2015, 11:53:39 PM »

I'm super excited for a compatible ASL!

Persona-Aya
    Mega Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #8307 on: November 24, 2015, 12:54:08 AM »

I'm currently using the Dark Samus over Marth PSA in my Brawlex setup and I've had no problems with it.

I remember it was doing something weird where if you taunted or got thrown to the right side of the screen the game would freeze, as well as other occasionally random freezes after certain attacks or while jumping. Do you have to do anything special to make it work or is it I might have just screwed up somewhere? Also I'm not sure if it matters but I play on the Wii console, not using Dolphin

secretchaos1
    Extreme Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #8308 on: November 24, 2015, 10:16:40 AM »

I remember it was doing something weird where if you taunted or got thrown to the right side of the screen the game would freeze, as well as other occasionally random freezes after certain attacks or while jumping. Do you have to do anything special to make it work or is it I might have just screwed up somewhere? Also I'm not sure if it matters but I play on the Wii console, not using Dolphin
    I'm on wii console as well and the version I have works flawlessly. I can send it to you, but I've modified it slightly to be less broken (not in terms of crashing, but before she could do inf jumps, and her final smash lasted way too long).

Sirkura
    Lol Kitten

• Awards Featured Star Hacker Super Saiyan Topic >9000

• View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #8309 on: November 24, 2015, 11:14:37 AM »

we have 3.6's asl figured out i think, we found its pointers, we just have no clue where BeX is pointing. everything is a bit jumbled and hard to read. i think once we get a fix on BeX's pointers we will be able to fix it relitively quickly.

also quick question about samus and ZSS. using them as stand alone characters with BeX? would that increase their file size limit? i know they typically share it. i'm planning on learning PSA and have 2  characters in particular over each respectively.

Pages:  1 ... 551 552 553 [554] 555 556 557 ... 590
    Print
    Jump to: