Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Pages:  1 ... 555 556 557 [558] 559 560 561 ... 590
Author Topic: The Brawl Expansion Project  (Read 2827184 times)
secretchaos1
Extreme Kitten

Well, I don't want to leave this blank

• Awards Star Hacker >9000 Featured Shadow the Pinhog

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #8355 on: December 07, 2015, 01:52:18 PM »

Regarding this issue, I'm about to try expanding all my Ex character costume slots so I'll be going up to a framecount of around 2100 or so (if I did my math right, I've got up to MiscData[208] for my csps). I'll let you know how that works out for me and if I hit any limitations.

Ebola16
    Importer of Dreams
    Boss Kitten

Brawl R&D // Dolphin Emulator Dev

• Awards Famous Hacker Super Saiyan Topic Sniper Pin Collector

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #8356 on: December 07, 2015, 02:01:58 PM »

Regarding this issue, I'm about to try expanding all my Ex character costume slots so I'll be going up to a framecount of around 2100 or so (if I did my math right, I've got up to MiscData[208] for my csps). I'll let you know how that works out for me and if I hit any limitations.
    2100 seems high. Did you move your first Brawlex character to a lower slot like MenSelchrChrFace.048 and start naming from there? The reason I did that was so Cosmetic##.dat's Cosmetic ID would not exceed 0xFF. I think you'll end up exceeding 0xFF which isn't supported by Brawlex.
    « Last Edit: December 07, 2015, 02:55:04 PM by ebola16 » Logged

Brawlex Advancements (Supplement to the Brawlex thread's original post)
    I use RSBE Brawlex v2.0.0.0 Extended, Win 10, and 3ds Max (3ds Max Guide). Refresh to see my imports!

secretchaos1
    Extreme Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #8357 on: December 07, 2015, 02:23:54 PM »

FF is 255, so no I'll be fine. And yeah, I started from right after my base characters. Sonic is in MiscData[88].
    I skipped [50] for random and 51 to keep the even trend of using 20 cosmetic slots per fighter. I then skipped 60 - 65 for reserved slots. I've got my css filled and I'm using the max allowed amount of CSP archives without player four causing crashes.

Edit: Like I said I might've done my math wrong on the framecount, I usually keep count with my csp archives since I modify those the most. I'm just estimating around what it'll be when I go to do it, I haven't actually gotten to fixing those files up quite yet. I still need to rename all my ex csps.
    « Last Edit: December 07, 2015, 02:31:48 PM by secretchaos1 » Logged

Ebola16
    Importer of Dreams
    Boss Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #8358 on: December 07, 2015, 02:52:14 PM »

My bad, I forgot frame count which goes up by 20 for each additional character. 2100 seemed high since I got everything in 1891 frames for MenSelchrFaceA_TopN__0.pat0 but you should be (theoretically) fine as long as framecount doesn't exceed 2551.

I use RSBE Brawlex v2.0.0.0 Extended, Win 10, and 3ds Max (3ds Max Guide). Refresh to see my imports!

secretchaos1
    Extreme Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #8359 on: December 07, 2015, 02:54:53 PM »

That's what I assumed, but I'll let you guys know when I actually take it out for a test run. I don't think I'll ever come close to using all those costume slots, but the setup is nice to have in place should the need to slip an extra costume in here and there arises.

Ebola16
    Importer of Dreams
    Boss Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #8360 on: December 07, 2015, 03:09:49 PM »

I'm was a little hesitant to answer Nebulon's question because I know someone will eventually try the "20 CSPs for all Brawlex characters" setup and waste hours improperly renaming files.

For my peace of mind, I'm going to post my working MenSelchrFaceA_TopN__0.pat0. It can be used in troubleshooting or a base for setting up Brawlex.

If you download this file, do note that you can deviate from what I chose. You will also end up renaming/editing A TON (POSSIBLY THOUSANDS) of files depending on how many characters you have.
    http://www.mediafire.com/download/vtjobu85187fipj/MenSelchrFaceA_TopN__0.pat0

Update: Masquerade made this idea obsolete.
    « Last Edit: June 11, 2022, 11:03:44 AM by Ebola16 » Logged

secretchaos1
    Extreme Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #8361 on: December 07, 2015, 03:17:40 PM »

I'll stick to my own because I already have all my base characters set and I don't want to potentially have to go through all of that again. I had to do some trial and error to get them right too when it came to skipping over reserved cosmetic slots.
    The BrawlEx slots are all blank though, so I don't think I'll run into any problems with them. I don't need to worry about using up a reserved slot and bumping things back, renaming everything etc, etc.
    Heads up, there's a nifty program called "Bulk Rename Utility". It's free and really useful for renaming bps and result pic archives. Saved me a lot of time.

DrHorse
    Newbie Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #8362 on: December 08, 2015, 10:46:36 AM »

PLEASE TELL ME THIS WORKS WITH PROJECT M

Ultraxwing
    Holy Kitten

Master of the Vault!

• Awards Constructive Hot Topic KCMM Veteran Heart Container

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #8363 on: December 08, 2015, 02:02:38 PM »

Hi! for starters welcome to the forums.
    Now let me tell you something, this does NOT work with Project M. there is a project that is working on it. But with recent events i wouldn't hold your breath, either use this alone, or just play PM.

Eithe way, welcome to the forums, hope you enjoi your stay.

Post Merge: December 08, 2015, 02:03:28 PM

Now let me tell you something, this does NOT work with Project M. there is a project that is working on it. But with recent events i wouldn't hold your breath, either use this alone, or just play PM.

KingJigglypuff
    Meme Machine
    Brawl Vault Staff

• Awards RAGE!! >9000 Hyperactive Contributor Heart Container

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #8364 on: December 08, 2015, 02:18:02 PM »

Could someone remind me which brres in the sc_selcharacter.pac I have to edit in order to allow added Cosmetic brres files to work with it?

I don't take requests.

My PSA Thread

secretchaos1
    Extreme Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #8365 on: December 08, 2015, 05:42:07 PM »

Could someone remind me which brres in the sc_selcharacter.pac I have to edit in order to allow added Cosmetic brres files to work with it?
    Are you talking about the csp archives in char_bust_texLz77? Those are determined by the number of the miscdata archive, the number of the archive corresponding with the fighter's cosmetic value. To have proper names and etc load up you need to direct them in MiscData[30]. In the AnmTexPat subsection you need to edit MenSelchrCName4_TopN__0  and all of the MenSelchrFaceX_TopN__0 X being A - I (they're all identical so you can do the first one, export it and replace all of the others with a copy of it). You can edit MenSelchrCMark4_TopN__0 as well to include new franchise icons if necessary.
    I'm assuming you remember how to edit them but forgot which ones they were? I can get more specific from there if you'd like, but I'll stop there just for now in case that's all you need.

Edit so I don't double post:

So I've redone all the cosmetics for my clones, no issues that I can find. I've got them going all the way up to cosmetic ID D0 without any issues. Sounds like you might have made a mistake somewhere in your sc_selchar.pac editing, Nebulon. I know if you save some of those AnmTexPat files without setting the total frame count on them first they can get all messed up and out of place, but I'm not sure where else the problem could lie.
    « Last Edit: December 09, 2015, 10:45:40 AM by secretchaos1 » Logged

Sirkura
    Lol Kitten

• Awards Featured Star Hacker Super Saiyan Topic >9000

• View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #8366 on: December 09, 2015, 10:49:26 AM »

Post Merge: December 08, 2015, 02:03:28 PM

I'm still working on this. we hit a snag tho. i need PSA'ers to help fix the PSA's that break from not having hard coded variables. other then that BeX is working on it. we also need to set up ASL to work with BeX properly.

KingJigglypuff
    Meme Machine
    Brawl Vault Staff

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #8367 on: December 09, 2015, 11:22:09 AM »

I remember there being a pre-made BrawlEx sc_selcharacter.pac with pre-inserted Cosmetics, though I've been forgetting to post a minor issue that it has.

The CSS isn't animated at all. What would I need to fix?

-snip
    Yeah, I knew how to edit, I just forgot what to edit. Thanks.

I don't take requests.

My PSA Thread

Steam/SSBB Guy
    Extreme Kitten

• Awards Tutorial Writer

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #8368 on: December 09, 2015, 12:53:49 PM »

If you're referring to the Background KJP. The reason why it's not animated is because it's a static image placed over the Mario Portrait from the Special Brawl section.

KingJigglypuff
    Meme Machine
    Brawl Vault Staff

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #8369 on: December 09, 2015, 01:11:20 PM »

Which entry in particular in MiscData[30] would I have to edit to fix it?

I don't take requests.

My PSA Thread

Pages:  1 ... 555 556 557 [558] 559 560 561 ... 590
    Print
    Jump to: