Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Pages:  1 ... 561 562 563 [564] 565 566 567 ... 590
Author Topic: The Brawl Expansion Project  (Read 2827001 times)
Lsmash
Intermediate Kitten

View Profile Awards
« Reply #8445 on: January 11, 2016, 08:13:12 AM »

The BrawlEx Config Utility is in the OP.
4th download link (under downloads.)

Strange Matter
Advanced Kitten

• Awards Starstormer Tutorial Writer

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #8446 on: January 11, 2016, 10:11:47 AM »

I was thinking about giving some of the default characters 12 or 14 costumes. I believe 12 only requires you to reassign the cosmetic ID, but I know special steps have to be taken to go above that. I remember reading pieces of how to do this spread throughout this thread, but is there anywhere with all of the information compiled in one place?

secretchaos1
    Extreme Kitten

Well, I don't want to leave this blank

• Awards Star Hacker >9000 Featured Shadow the Pinhog

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #8447 on: January 11, 2016, 12:23:13 PM »

I was thinking about giving some of the default characters 12 or 14 costumes. I believe 12 only requires you to reassign the cosmetic ID, but I know special steps have to be taken to go above that. I remember reading pieces of how to do this spread throughout this thread, but is there anywhere with all of the information compiled in one place?

I can try to summarize it for you. You've got the right idea though, you do need to reassign cosmetic ids so there's space between each fighter to avoid conflicts. For the extra 2 slots you use FitCharacterSpy.Pcs/.pac (Some use FitCharacterSpy00.pcs/.pac) and FitCharacterDark.pac/pcs. They're enabled by default, but to make them appear on the css you use IDs 0C and EE in the CSSlot config. just make sure to skip over 0C when you're filling in your "colour" values in the CSSSlot config or else it'll be read as the terminator, it doesn't cause any problems when you use it to identify the file you're loading though.

Giga Man
    Extreme Kitten

Mega Man is in Smash!

• Awards Active Contributor

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #8448 on: January 11, 2016, 02:39:00 PM »

The BrawlEx Config Utility is in the OP.
    4th download link (under downloads.)

I am truly blind... -_- Thank you, though.

TeddyRoseKidd
    Newbie Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #8449 on: January 14, 2016, 02:35:54 AM »

So Ive been trying to use the brawl ex clone tool for some time now. Ive followed sammi husky's tutorial about 8 times and still I keep getting the same problem. The game crashes at the loading screen which is due to the common2.pac and common3.pac. Whenever I remove them, the game doesnt crash upon the first loading screen.

I downloaded the CSS expansion and Brawl Clone Engine from here. So I dont think the pac files are outdated. I have no clue what is causing this to crash. But its starting to make me want to punch my pc screen lol. Any advice or inputs would be gladly appreciated

Ultraxwing
    Holy Kitten

Master of the Vault!

• Awards Constructive Hot Topic KCMM Veteran Heart Container

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #8450 on: January 14, 2016, 02:43:20 AM »

DO NOT USE THE CLONE TOOL, IT WILL CAUSE CRASHES!

Add them in manually, it's just as easy, and allows for much better control than what that tool could ever offer. The clone tool, even before it broke, had some specific issues, especially when modifying hex values after you added them in with the tool. the tool fixes it, and then breaks the clone. and then causes crashes.

just learn how to do it manually, there are tutorials on it, don't use the quick and dirty method, it revolves the clone tool. It's real easy, and takes like 3 minutes to add a clone without the cosmetic data.
    « Last Edit: January 14, 2016, 02:44:43 AM by Ultraxwing » Logged

Don Jon Bravo
    Heroic Kitten

• Awards Boo! Starstormer Super Saiyan Topic Famous Hacker

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #8451 on: January 14, 2016, 06:46:49 PM »

...or download a Pack

Direact_N1
    Mega Kitten

Mostly just a question person, haven't made stuff.

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #8452 on: January 14, 2016, 07:07:44 PM »

...or download a Pack

I read about them in a Readme, where can I get one?

hochin
    Advanced Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #8453 on: January 14, 2016, 10:26:28 PM »

odd, there is a premade selchar by KingJigglyPuff i believe that has maxed cosmetics. try downloading that and injecting the files maybe?

Kudos! I compared files and managed to get 46/47 of my CSS marks to show now, for some reason having the "CustomCSSIcon" texture along with the additional marks made it freeze for me.

Im still having issues with the darn results screen though. After redoing all my CSS/Results textures and Brawlex configs I can only assume something is up with STGRESULT.pac. I've tried swapping that file with ones from other packs and only get a slight fix with Nebulon's version. I can successfully load slots 3F-46 to the results screen but with slots 47-63+BossSlots its all cherry up until then..

Sirkura
    Lol Kitten

• Awards Featured Star Hacker Super Saiyan Topic >9000

• View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #8454 on: January 15, 2016, 08:22:26 PM »

Kudos! I compared files and managed to get 46/47 of my CSS marks to show now, for some reason having the "CustomCSSIcon" texture along with the additional marks made it freeze for me.

Im still having issues with the darn results screen though. After redoing all my CSS/Results textures and Brawlex configs I can only assume something is up with STGRESULT.pac. I've tried swapping that file with ones from other packs and only get a slight fix with Nebulon's version. I can successfully load slots 3F-46 to the results screen but with slots 47-63+BossSlots its all cherry up until then..

NP ^^ i'm glad to help. what exactly is up with the results screen? crash on finishing a match? RSP? stocks? etc.

hochin
    Advanced Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #8455 on: January 17, 2016, 12:07:39 AM »

Yep, Dolphin crashes as soon as a match ends with any character in slots 47-63 and boss slots. The problem shouldn't be my Result pictures though as they work perfectly with the other slots... I tried looking into nebulon's stgresult.pac to pinpoint what allowed slots 3F-46 to finish matches successfully with no luck. Stocks shouldn't be an issue either since pm 3.0.2 doesn't require them. (Was staying on this relatively stable build until PyotrLuzhin's patch is released. Grin)

Lulz, if only I had made a note on how I resolved this the last time this issue popped up.

TeddyRoseKidd
    Newbie Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #8456 on: January 17, 2016, 02:21:13 AM »

DO NOT USE THE CLONE TOOL, IT WILL CAUSE CRASHES!

Add them in manually, it's just as easy, and allows for much better control than what that tool could ever offer. The clone tool, even before it broke, had some specific issues, especially when modifying hex values after you added them in with the tool. the tool fixes it, and then breaks the clone. and then causes crashes.

just learn how to do it manually, there are tutorials on it, don't use the quick and dirty method, it revolves the clone tool. It's real easy, and takes like 3 minutes to add a clone without the cosmetic data.
    Ive been looking for tutorials online. The only one I found was the brawl clone engine tutorial from sammi huski. Should I use the phantom wings brawl clone engine to manually add a clone or is there a different way that you are reffering to.

Sirkura
    Lol Kitten

« Reply #8457 on: January 17, 2016, 06:56:12 AM »

Ive been looking for tutorials online. The only one I found was the brawl clone engine tutorial from sammi huski. Should I use the phantom wings brawl clone engine to manually add a clone or is there a different way that you are reffering to.

just follow what it says in the instructions on the first page. problem is since the clone tool came out bex was updated.  the new configs are unreadable by the clone tool.  honestly the tool only saved like 5 minutes renaming files for you. you still had to do the harder things by hand.

LucidK
    Newbie Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #8458 on: January 17, 2016, 11:56:26 AM »

Could somebody please help me. I followed the tutorial 3 times, starting over each time. My Icons on the character select screen show up as Random and freeze when it is selected. As stated in the post, I checked to make sure my ft_fighter.pac and common2.pac are both in the SD card, which they are. It's also not taking the extra 10 seconds it should be to load. What am I missing?

Sirkura
    Lol Kitten

« Reply #8459 on: January 17, 2016, 06:11:45 PM »

Sounds like your config files arent set up correctly. that also happens when you mess up the animpat files when adding custom cosmetics

Pages:  1 ... 561 562 563 [564] 565 566 567 ... 590
    Print
    Jump to: