Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Pages:  1 ... 567 568 569 [570] 571 572 573 ... 590
Author Topic: The Brawl Expansion Project  (Read 2827046 times)
Ebola16
Importer of Dreams
Boss Kitten

Brawl R&D // Dolphin Emulator Dev

• Awards Famous Hacker Super Saiyan Topic Sniper Pin Collector

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #8535 on: April 16, 2016, 02:21:06 AM »

I figured about as much, but all I see that seems like it has to do with the marks are the model files. Adding one of those doesn't seem to fix the crashing.

Am I missing something obvious?

You'll need to copy a InfResultMark##_TopN.mdl0, associate it with a MenSelchrMark.## texture (CI4 format), and associate a InfResultMark##_TopN.clr0 with that texture. Also make sure that the Franchise ID in Cosmetic##.dat is correct.

I may as well ask, has anyone gotten added result franchise icons to display properly here? Mine are always too dark. It looks fine elsewhere on the results screen, just not at the bottom of that black results box.

Does Kirby hats for clones work yet. I want to make some

Unfortunately no

Brawlex Advancements (Supplement to the Brawlex thread's original post)
    I use RSBE Brawlex v2.0.0.0 Extended, Win 10, and 3ds Max (3ds Max Guide). Refresh to see my imports!

Dustinvgmaster
    Intermediate Kitten

View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #8536 on: April 16, 2016, 07:06:11 PM »

associate it with a MenSelchrMark.## texture (CI4 format)
    I think this is the part I'm having trouble with. Does STGRESULT.pac require its own texture or does it just load from info.pac?

If the latter, where do I need to enter the value? I'm not finding anything that matches.

Tiberious
    Mega Kitten

• Awards Fiery Topic

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #8537 on: April 17, 2016, 07:31:19 AM »

Have you tried copying the materials and shaders from a known working result mark model to your new one? Have you checked to see if the visibility bone listed matches what is there in the model?

All else fails, could you link to your modified STGRESULT and let me take a look?

Also bear in mind that result mark models do not have any textures applied to them in STGRESULT.pac, so saying associate a texture with that would confuse someone and maybe cause some issues. The only places a textured mark would be necessary are in the character select, and I think info.pac, as well. Naturally, you'll have to also edit the pat0 to point to those textured marks.

Dustinvgmaster
    Intermediate Kitten

View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #8538 on: April 17, 2016, 11:31:57 AM »

Have you tried copying the materials and shaders from a known working result mark model to your new one? Have you checked to see if the visibility bone listed matches what is there in the model?
    Former? Yes. Latter? I thiiiiiiiink so.

All else fails, could you link to your modified STGRESULT and let me take a look?
    Sure thing.

Ebola16
    Importer of Dreams
    Boss Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #8539 on: April 17, 2016, 03:32:14 PM »

I forgot, I'm using a workaround which makes the result portrait display properly for added portraits. The InfResultMark##_TopN now depends on a texture by editing the model's materials. Although the result portrait shows up grey in the previously mentioned area it displays properly elsewhere. It uses this setup: http://i.imgur.com/bkPyTbu.png

Before I go into more details has anybody found a different method for ADDING results portraits to the game? Simply copying and properly naming an original InfResultMark##_TopN with lambert2 materials didn't work.

I use RSBE Brawlex v2.0.0.0 Extended, Win 10, and 3ds Max (3ds Max Guide). Refresh to see my imports!

Diddy Kong
    Lol Kitten

chief

• Awards Heart Container Hot Topic Famous Hacker Pin Collector

• View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #8540 on: April 18, 2016, 05:46:04 PM »

Good to see a workaround has come about however I'll probably want to keep my setup gecko compatible for now. It's a shame we can't identify and fix why certain seq files play properly with BrawlEx while final smash songs do not, I feel like this info could be used to apply a proper fix in the future.
    if we could theoretically attack the brsar's pointers directly in code it may work, though  i myself am stingy with codes as it feels like applying one has potential to break another, at the very least, the brsar is patchable directly into an ISO for those wanting to stick with gecko code method of mods.

for everyone's convenience, I will list what changes and brstm files the bypass mod uses, and with what here:

Starman - X24
    Golden hammer - 000
    Hammer - Y01
    Luigi's Final smash - Y02
    DK's Final smash - Y03
    Peach's Final smash - Y04
    King Dedede's final smash - Y05

===================================

Victory isolations

===========
    Luigi - Y07

Bowser - Y08

Peach - Y09

Zelda - Y10

Shiek - Y11

Falco - Y13

Ganon - Y14

Zero Suit Samus - Y15

Lucas - Y16

Diddy Kong - Y17

Dedede - R03

Lucario - X09

Ike - X10

Jigglypuff - X11

Toon link - Z54

*anyone not listed either uses their original entry, or they aren't listed in the brsar, thus that character calls another character (e.g: wolf winning calls the FFOX entry)

« Last Edit: April 18, 2016, 06:10:37 PM by Diddy Kong » Logged

Tiberious
    Mega Kitten

• Awards Fiery Topic

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #8541 on: April 19, 2016, 03:49:06 PM »

I forgot, I'm using a workaround which makes the result portrait display properly for added portraits. The InfResultMark##_TopN now depends on a texture by editing the model's materials. Although the result portrait shows up grey in the previously mentioned area it displays properly elsewhere. It uses this setup: http://i.imgur.com/bkPyTbu.png

Ah, I see now. I think the texture workaround you're using is somehow getting overlaid by the results panel, resulting in the color being obscured and making it look "too dark".

Try this for me, if you're using BrawlBox 0.76b:

1) Go to InfResultMark22_TopN > Objects > Polygon0
    2) Check settings in the bottom right.
    3) Change them to the following:
    --Draw Pass: XLU
    --Draw Priority: 251
    4) Re-test in Brawl
    5) Let me know the results.

Ideally, though, you probably should try to get new marks made into models instead of relying on the texture hack.

Before I go into more details has anybody found a different method for ADDING results portraits to the game? Simply copying and properly naming an original InfResultMark##_TopN with lambert2 materials didn't work.

I'm just about to do that, actually. I have a test case ready to try importing, and I want to see if it will actually work. I plan to add a 'generic Nintendo' mark as MenSelchrMark.24 and InfResultMark24_TopN, to see if it'll work if I assign it to ROB.

I'll let you know how it turns out.

Just for reference, if you want to keep the mark numbering consistent between all files, start at MenSelchrMark.24 (Franchise Icon 17 in CosmeticConfig). This is because sc_selmap.pac uses 21, 22 and 23 for Animal Crossing, DS (Pictochat), and Electroplankton, respectively.

Ebola16
    Importer of Dreams
    Boss Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #8542 on: April 20, 2016, 01:33:41 AM »

I already had the material use XLU but Draw Priority didn't seem to change anything. I was able to correct the color issue by replacing the shader with a default one from a model import. It looks better:

More importantly, I looked into the model file in a little more detail. I enabled viewing vertices in default Captain Falcon's result screen franchise icon model. Good news, fully reproducing Brawl's RSP effects will require... vertex editing!  Kirby Dance

I'll pass on vertex editing... I'm happy with my new shader texture method. Thanks for bouncing around ideas Tiberious.

For those who want to reproduce what I've done, make these changes to STGRESULT.pac:
    1. Download my template InfResultMark##_TopN.mdl0: Textured Result Screen Franchise Icons with Improved Shader
    2. Import it into MiscData[110] and name it properly (change ## to an unoccupied value and use the value for the rest of this process).
    3. Import a texture into MiscData[110] with CI4 format, transparent background, and a white image. For simplicity, name it MenSelchrMark.##
    4. Edit InfResultMark##_TopN.mdl0's materials by renaming Materials -> Mark -> MenSelchrMark.## to the name of your image. In the latest Brawlbox it automatically associates the correct texture and palette but check to make sure the "Texture" and "Palette" fields both point to the correct texture.
    5. Enter the AnmClr(NW4R) section of MiscData[110] and export InfResultMark01_TopN.clr0
    6. Import InfResultMark01_TopN.clr0
    7. Rename the newly imported .clr0 to the name of the model imported in step 2.
    8. Save and close. You're done!

Keep in mind, this just adds the results screen franchise icons. You'll still need something to point to these icons.
    In Brawlex, this can be done by editing Cosmetic Config's 0x14 Franchise ID.

Tiberious
    Mega Kitten

• Awards Fiery Topic

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #8543 on: April 20, 2016, 07:30:00 AM »

I just (finally) got my imported modeled franchise mark to look right in BrawlBox and tested it in Brawl itself.

IT WORKS.

...at least it does on the Results screen and character select.

Despite my adding the new mark to info.brres, info.pac, info_mg.pac, info_training.pac and info_training_mg.pac, it either crashes (with the files in place), or shows the Smash mark in-battle.

Edit: Dustinvgmaster, I made a Mega Man mark set (modeled and textured) for your hack. Everything is in this zip file. Just change any instances of 'RM' to the mark number you'd want to use (again, I recommend starting from 24, and using mark 0x17 in the CosmeticConfig .dat files), and import them. They should work flawlessly.
    « Last Edit: April 20, 2016, 08:31:31 AM by Tiberious » Logged

Ebola16
    Importer of Dreams
    Boss Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #8544 on: April 20, 2016, 10:05:29 AM »

I just (finally) got my imported modeled franchise mark to look right in BrawlBox and tested it in Brawl itself.

IT WORKS.

...at least it does on the Results screen and character select.

Despite my adding the new mark to info.brres, info.pac, info_mg.pac, info_training.pac and info_training_mg.pac, it either crashes (with the files in place), or shows the Smash mark in-battle.

Just to clarify, did you use the edited model I posted or did you do something different to get the result icons working?
    « Last Edit: April 20, 2016, 10:07:22 AM by ebola16 » Logged

Tiberious
    Mega Kitten

• Awards Fiery Topic

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #8545 on: April 20, 2016, 11:22:09 AM »

I used an actual model in the shape of the result mark. You can check it out in this STGRESULT.pac.

I ended up using a temporary .brres file to load the model and .col0 into, then exported both to import into STGRESULT.

Ebola16
    Importer of Dreams
    Boss Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #8546 on: April 20, 2016, 11:38:44 AM »

I used an actual model in the shape of the result mark. You can check it out in this STGRESULT.pac.

I ended up using a temporary .brres file to load the model and .col0 into, then exported both to import into STGRESULT.

Ah, so you used a model import and/or vertex edit. That would be the proper way to display the result icons but that's a bit too much work for the more intricate icons in my opinion. Thanks for sharing!

Tiberious
    Mega Kitten

• Awards Fiery Topic

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #8547 on: April 20, 2016, 11:51:25 AM »

Well, of course. That's why you need simpler marks. If you can find another that would fit the series, it'd be better to use that.

Briyoda
    Newbie Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #8548 on: April 20, 2016, 12:04:57 PM »

Ive been trying to ad Goku to my pack and after I aded my Battle Portraits when I boot up the game after the loading screen it crashes! Ive been trying diffrent formats and everything. I found out the file crashing it is the info.pac but I still dont know how to fix it.

Tiberious
    Mega Kitten

• Awards Fiery Topic

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #8549 on: April 20, 2016, 12:21:27 PM »

I'm having that same issue with my own added mark. The pat0 has 35 frames, so there's no reason it should be crashing because it can't find it.

Edit: it seems like it's a file size issue, at least for mine. It's at 392KB, and it should be no bigger than 390 apparently.

Edit 2: Yes, it's a file size issue. Your best bet is to go into MiscData[40], and lower the sizes of the textures for the words "SUDDEN" and "DEATH" from the enormous size and quality. That should give you about 20KB of space to work with.

For the _mg ones, there's a pretty healthy-sized texture in MiscData[50], InfCntCompBase that you should be able to reduce the size on without much quality .
    « Last Edit: April 20, 2016, 02:15:33 PM by Tiberious » Logged

Pages:  1 ... 567 568 569 [570] 571 572 573 ... 590
    Print
    Jump to: