Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Pages:  1 ... 574 575 576 [577] 578 579 580 ... 590
Author Topic: The Brawl Expansion Project  (Read 2827166 times)
Ebola16
Importer of Dreams
Boss Kitten

Brawl R&D // Dolphin Emulator Dev

• Awards Famous Hacker Super Saiyan Topic Sniper Pin Collector

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #8640 on: July 28, 2016, 06:13:21 PM »

I managed to get 15 costumes working for every character!

Note: * is a wildcard character and refers to the Internal Name of a character assigned in Fighter##.dat

Brawlex supports Fit*00-11, Fit*Dark, and Fit*Spy for a total of 14 costumes per moveset. It also supports Fit*Fake but somehow the path for that file became corrupted (except for Bowser). It turns out that Brawlex was looking for the wrong file in the corrupted path so the solution only requires some creative renaming.

To use the corrupted Fit*Fake path you'll need to rename the Fit*.pcs you want to add to FitKirbyFighter65Ex.pac, where Fighter65Ex is the Internal Name assigned to Fighter65.dat (use Fighter65Ex if Fighter65.dat does not exist). The extension change is also important, Brawlex wants to load a .pcs named .pac.

Place your properly named FitKirbyFighter65Ex.pac in ...\pf\fighter\*\Fit*Fakekirby

Transforming characters (Pokemon Trainer, Samus/ZSS, Zelda/Sheik, Wario/Wario-Man) require an additional step. Although the game initially loads Fit*Fake from a corrupted pathway (except Bowser), if a character transforms it will load Fit*Fake from the proper pathway. Transforming characters should have files in both the corrupted and expected locations to utilize Fit*Fake.

An example, if the Internal Name of my Fighter65.dat is "Vaati" and I want to use the corrupted Fit*Fake pathway for the Zelda moveset, I would rename FitZelda00.pcs to FitKirbyVaati.pac and place it in ...pf\fighter\zelda\FitZeldaFakekirby
    Since Zelda is a transforming character, I would also place FitZeldaFake.pcs and FitZeldaFake.pac in ...\pf\fighter\zelda and repeat the process for Sheik.

Use costume ID 0D to call the Fit*Fake slot in CSSSlot##.dat. Don't forget that some characters will require Fit*Entry## files to be used! I highly recommend looking at Dolphin logs to see what happens if you have a freeze.

Tested with multiple characters on both Dolphin and a real Wii. No regressions found so far!
    « Last Edit: October 17, 2017, 02:33:26 AM by Ebola16 » Logged

Brawlex Advancements (Supplement to the Brawlex thread's original post)
    I use RSBE Brawlex v2.0.0.0 Extended, Win 10, and 3ds Max (3ds Max Guide). Refresh to see my imports!

Don Jon Bravo
    Heroic Kitten

• Awards Boo! Starstormer Super Saiyan Topic Famous Hacker

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #8641 on: July 28, 2016, 08:59:36 PM »

great find on the 15 costumes
    im still here waiting for a yoshi module

secretchaos1
    Extreme Kitten

Well, I don't want to leave this blank

• Awards Star Hacker >9000 Featured Shadow the Pinhog

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #8642 on: July 30, 2016, 05:24:50 PM »

Woah, awesome find ebola! I never thought to try naming the .pcs as a .pac. I'll need to keep this in mind when I go adding more costumes again, sounds a little messy but if it gets me a few extra costumes in I don't mind my folders getting a little dirty.
    Do you know where it tries to load costumes from for modes that use .pac files? I think the only offline mode that comes to mind for this though is the end of classic mode, when you fight Master Hand. Or would this be like with transforming characters, where the .pac is still loaded from the correct path?

Ebola16
    Importer of Dreams
    Boss Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #8643 on: July 31, 2016, 11:59:59 AM »

Thanks you guys. My classic mode is messed up due to some other WIP changes so I can't test that. I did test the case of a missing Fighter65.dat and the suggestion in my previous post worked.
    « Last Edit: July 31, 2016, 12:05:22 PM by Ebola16 » Logged

I use RSBE Brawlex v2.0.0.0 Extended, Win 10, and 3ds Max (3ds Max Guide). Refresh to see my imports!

secretchaos1
    Extreme Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #8644 on: July 31, 2016, 12:26:21 PM »

That's cool, I'll end up testing it myself when I get around to setting it up any how. Awesome find, man!

Unit
    Advanced Kitten

Popping in here and there.

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #8645 on: August 02, 2016, 11:44:19 AM »

I have a few questions:
    So I just installed BrawlEx have it working. Is there anyway I can prevent my CSS icons from flickering? The total amount of characters I have are 47 which includes: original fighters, independent pokemon, and 6 Brawlex characters. The edge of some CSS icons are a bit too close to each other to the point where it causes them to have a strange flicker effect.

My second question:
    If I were to include BrawlEx characters into a Custom Random code so they would be selected by random, would I do the the same thing like I would if I were to add them into a Custom CSS Code by including their proper ID's into the Custom Random Code?
    « Last Edit: August 02, 2016, 11:56:32 AM by Unit » Logged

Ebola16
    Importer of Dreams
    Boss Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #8646 on: August 02, 2016, 05:23:52 PM »

I have a few questions:
    So I just installed BrawlEx have it working. Is there anyway I can prevent my CSS icons from flickering? The total amount of characters I have are 47 which includes: original fighters, independent pokemon, and 6 Brawlex characters. The edge of some CSS icons are a bit too close to each other to the point where it causes them to have a strange flicker effect.

My second question:
    If I were to include BrawlEx characters into a Custom Random code so they would be selected by random, would I do the the same thing like I would if I were to add them into a Custom CSS Code by including their proper ID's into the Custom Random Code?

You could try editing the scale and/or position of the CSS icons to avoid overlapping in
    sc_selcharacter.pac -> MiscData[30] -> MenSelchrPos_TopN.mdl0
    and
    sc_selcharacter.pac -> MiscData[30] -> MenSelchrPos_TopN.chr0
    but those things can be somewhat complicated to do (make a backup if you try).

Also, CSSRoster.dat handles the functionality of both custom CSS and custom random codes so you will probably want to edit that instead.

Unit
    Advanced Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #8647 on: August 02, 2016, 07:09:16 PM »

You could try editing the scale and/or position of the CSS icons to avoid overlapping in
    sc_selcharacter.pac -> MiscData[30] -> MenSelchrPos_TopN.mdl0
    and
    sc_selcharacter.pac -> MiscData[30] -> MenSelchrPos_TopN.chr0
    but those things can be somewhat complicated to do (make a backup if you try).

Also, CSSRoster.dat handles the functionality of both custom CSS and custom random codes so you will probably want to edit that instead.

Alright. I'll keep that in mind.

Also, I forgot to include in my previous post that my Random CSS icon isn't the very last icon on the CSS list, in which, I have a Custom Random Code that only includes original fighters that's separately active since it saves me from having any issues. But I'll mess with my CSSRoster.dat as well as deactivating the code see the outcome I get.
    « Last Edit: August 02, 2016, 07:22:21 PM by Unit » Logged

secretchaos1
    Extreme Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #8648 on: August 02, 2016, 08:20:47 PM »

I personally just made a thin, transparent frame around the regular icon frame texture to avoid the flickering effect from the overlap, so that might be another route you could take too if you want to avoid messing with any of the positions.
    I think you can edit what comes up in random with CSSRoster.dat as well, I don't think its dependent on the usual rule of having the icons come before random but I'm not 100% certain.

Ebola16
    Importer of Dreams
    Boss Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #8649 on: August 03, 2016, 12:37:19 AM »

I made a separate tutorial for advances in Brawlex since PW's original post was made http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=77327.0

This important information gets lost in the questions on this thread.

I only included my findings but others are welcome to post theirs too.

secretchaos1
    Extreme Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #8650 on: August 03, 2016, 11:50:00 AM »

Seems like a good idea, you should probably reserve a couple of posts after the OP though if we're going to fill it up with info. I've got some stuff that I felt would be useful that I've copied and pasted from the thread for future reference, I can add it to the thread later but I don't know if I have all of it credited.

Unit
    Advanced Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #8651 on: August 04, 2016, 12:38:28 AM »

Anywho, thanks for the help guys! I've tested the random selection with the CSSRoster.dat and the two BrawlEx characters I included loaded perfectly.

However, I've been facing another issue for a while now. Some times when selecting Random as a character and loading a Stage, I encounter a random freeze before the match starts. Since it's Random, it only happens when that one unknown character & costume is selected, so the chances for the game to freeze are slim.

So far I've tested:
    • All of my characters (including Original & BrawlEx Fighters that has Cbliss applied to them through BrawlEx) along with their alternate costumes on the stage it frozed on. And everything loaded fine.
    • Double checked my CSSRoster.dat if proper ID's were included into both the CSS screen and Custom Random. Found nothing wrong, there.
    • All Cosmetics such as BP's, portraits, and stocks etc. are working fine. (Don't see why there would be a problem there since they all load fine during stock matches and 1 player modes. <_<)
    • The two BrawlEx characters I included in Random. They load fine since I've encountered them during a match without any issues.

If you guys encountered the same problem and was able to fix this, please let me know, unless it's just an issue that has to do with Brawlex being installed. For now, one of my Fighters just aren't being nice when selected in Random.
    « Last Edit: August 04, 2016, 12:43:17 AM by Unit » Logged

Ebola16
    Importer of Dreams
    Boss Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #8652 on: August 04, 2016, 12:52:33 AM »

Anywho, thanks for the help guys! I've tested the random selection with the CSSRoster.dat and the two BrawlEx characters I included loaded perfectly.

However, I've been facing another issue for a while now. Some times when selecting Random as a character and loading a Stage, I encounter a random freeze before the match starts. Since it's Random, it only happens when that one unknown character & costume is selected, so the chances for the game to freeze are slim.

So far I've tested:
    • All of my characters (including Original & BrawlEx Fighters that has Cbliss applied to them through BrawlEx) along with their alternate costumes on the stage it frozed on. And everything loaded fine.
    • Double checked my CSSRoster.dat if proper ID's were included into both the CSS screen and Custom Random. Found nothing wrong, there.
    • All Cosmetics such as BP's, portraits, and stocks etc. are working fine. (Don't see why there would be a problem there since they all load fine during stock matches and 1 player modes. <_<)
    • The two BrawlEx characters I included in Random. They load fine since I've encountered them during a match without any issues.

If you guys encountered the same problem and was able to fix this, please let me know, unless it's just an issue that has to do with Brawlex being installed. For now, one of my Fighters just aren't being nice when selected in Random.
    The best way to tackle that kind of problem is to look at Dolphin's log.

Enable show log in the view menu if it isn't enabled.

Have the log enabled when a freeze occurs and analyze (or copy, compress, and post) it. This won't work if the emulator crashes though.

This is helpful in about 80% of my freezes.

If you can't do that, you'll need keep looking for something that is reproducible in order to fix it.
    « Last Edit: October 17, 2017, 02:36:50 AM by Ebola16 » Logged

Unit
    Advanced Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #8653 on: August 04, 2016, 01:09:23 AM »

Alright, then. Since I already have a copy of Brawl saved on to my old laptop somewhere, I'll just copy it over and test it on Dolphin. Thanks for the info. Tongue
    « Last Edit: August 04, 2016, 01:11:35 AM by Unit » Logged

secretchaos1
    Extreme Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #8654 on: August 04, 2016, 11:40:22 AM »

Using the Dolphin log is your best bet to narrow it down. In personal experience though, I know I've gotten freezes from random when a costume is set in a character's fighter data but I don't have the actual file present. I find it's easy to miss since a costume is never really accessed otherwise if the CSSSlotConfig doesn't have it setup properly to appear on the CSS.

Pages:  1 ... 574 575 576 [577] 578 579 580 ... 590
    Print
    Jump to: