Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Pages:  1 ... 586 587 588 [589] 590
Author Topic: The Brawl Expansion Project  (Read 2826960 times)
Lillith
Heroic Kitten

Resident Lunatic & Fox Fanatic

• Awards Ceiling Cat Star Hacker RAGE!! Tutorial Writer

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #8820 on: February 05, 2019, 12:54:51 PM »

Uh... Is the hooktype set to AXNextFrame?

I still talk to myself! If anyone wants to use anything I've done, feel free to! But do tell me where you use it, I want to see the finished product!

sinchan
    Intermediate Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #8821 on: February 05, 2019, 01:09:14 PM »

How would I go about checking that? (Should probably have mentioned, I'm using the build with the project m homebrew launcher through the homebrew channel on wii)

Post Merge: February 05, 2019, 01:30:15 PM
    So I changed the hooktype to what you suggested up there and got the same result. I'm not sure what the issue is, thought I would post the codes for his cosmetic file and see if I was doing something incorrectly.

« Last Edit: February 05, 2019, 01:30:16 PM by sinchan » Logged

Lillith
    Heroic Kitten

Resident Lunatic & Fox Fanatic

• Awards Ceiling Cat Star Hacker RAGE!! Tutorial Writer

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #8822 on: February 05, 2019, 02:43:28 PM »

Ah, if you've got 114 for that icon, the Hex ID should be 72

I still talk to myself! If anyone wants to use anything I've done, feel free to! But do tell me where you use it, I want to see the finished product!

Ebola16
    Importer of Dreams
    Boss Kitten

Brawl R&D // Dolphin Emulator Dev

• Awards Famous Hacker Super Saiyan Topic Sniper Pin Collector

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #8823 on: February 06, 2019, 06:10:00 PM »

I suspect this is an issue with Dolphin Emulator but I want to mention a potential issue with file patch codes here. Full explanation: Preservation of SD Cards (Offline/Online)

I finally got around to looking into this and there does seem to be an issue with writing to the SD card with mods. I'm not sure if this is the mod's, Dolphin's, or WinImage's issue though.

With Brawl, the File Patch Code (FPC, tested on Dolphin 5.0-9475 with FPC versions 3.5.1 and 3.5.1b) seems to write to the SD card when certain files are involved. I isolated one of those files (StrapEn.pac) and put it in the attached SD.raw files. StrapEn.pac contains a custom Wiimote strap screen. The only code included in the /codes folder is FPC 3.5.1b. If I remember correctly, Mario Kart Wii uses a very similar code for mods.

Steps to reproduce:
    1. Extract sd.raw. Place one copy in the appropriate location for Dolphin and another copy elsewhere for comparison.
    2. Enable the SD card in Dolphin if not enabled.
    3. Set Brawl as your default ISO.
    4. Launch Gecko OS or Minima Launcher and proceed to play Brawl until you see the custom strap screen.
    5. Exit emulation.
    6. Compare the copy of sd.raw to the one in the appropriate location and observe a difference between the two files. The timestamps are also different.

Oddly, when I try to extract and compare both the original and "modified" StrapEn.pac files, they are identical. I don't know if this is WinImage being weird. Regardless, something isn't right here. Let me know if you want me to make this a separate issue.
    « Last Edit: February 08, 2019, 04:29:54 PM by Ebola16 » Logged

Brawlex Advancements (Supplement to the Brawlex thread's original post)
    I use RSBE Brawlex v2.0.0.0 Extended, Win 10, and 3ds Max (3ds Max Guide). Refresh to see my imports!

FancyThevBrawlGamer
    Advanced Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #8824 on: February 10, 2019, 06:57:32 PM »

Last time I checked, Mario Kart Wii doesn't use Gecko at all, for mods you use Riivolution.

DUMMY
    Brawl Vault: No Report

I still have Pokerus.

• Awards Hot Topic RAGE!! Active Contributor

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #8825 on: February 10, 2019, 09:19:39 PM »

Is there a way to use BX Extended with a custom CSS background? I don't like the plain look of vBrawl's CSS background.

Tabuu Forte Akugun
    Boss Kitten

Smash 4 Main: Bowser

• Awards Heart Container Famous Hacker Starstormer Super Saiyan Topic

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #8826 on: February 20, 2019, 02:19:55 PM »

Wow I'm surprised (pleasantly) that this thread is still active :O

Cool. A part of me really wants to stop being a lazy bastard and get back to using this :3

Ebola16
    Importer of Dreams
    Boss Kitten

Brawl R&D // Dolphin Emulator Dev

• Awards Famous Hacker Super Saiyan Topic Sniper Pin Collector

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #8827 on: February 22, 2019, 12:13:31 PM »

Last time I checked, Mario Kart Wii doesn't use Gecko at all, for mods you use Riivolution.
    Yeah that sounds right. The Dolphin Emulator issue was for multiple games but I believe the inappropriate SD write issues are Dolphin's problem at this point.

Also, I believe that All star VS Beta 10.01d [wiiztec] won't work with BrawlEx Clone Engine v2.0.0.0 Extended Edition  Cry

Post Merge: February 23, 2019, 02:56:56 AM
    Also,

[Legacy TE] Always use PACs instead of PCS files [DukeItOut]
    * 0484CB40 60000000

saves a lot of space and works around Brawlex's corrupted Fake costume path bug. Fit*Fake.pac loads as expected with this code.
    « Last Edit: February 23, 2019, 02:56:56 AM by Ebola16 » Logged

Brawlex Advancements (Supplement to the Brawlex thread's original post)
    I use RSBE Brawlex v2.0.0.0 Extended, Win 10, and 3ds Max (3ds Max Guide). Refresh to see my imports!

Tyshy
    Lol Kitten

Super Smash Sisters Creator

• Awards Famous Hacker Super Saiyan Topic Active Contributor Heart Container

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #8828 on: March 16, 2019, 02:46:37 PM »

Can someone make a program that let’s us add the 242 slots or update the brawlexconfig Utility, because the hex editor way is alittle confusing

Super Smash Sisters Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/SmashSistersFinalConflict/?fref=nf

Smash Sisters Discord: https://discord.gg/QMwMgvg

Kyouma
    Heroic Kitten

• Awards Star Hacker Renowned Hacker Super Saiyan Topic Heart Container

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #8829 on: March 20, 2019, 07:16:24 PM »

Can someone make a program that let’s us add the 242 slots or update the brawlexconfig Utility, because the hex editor way is alittle confusing
    this

ArthurBRAWLEX
    Newbie Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #8830 on: June 16, 2019, 12:14:30 PM »

i have the Character apears in CSS screen as random icon but crashes when highlited error but....i have all the files
    im using The Brawl WAHluigi can someone help me? Oh shi~ I see what you did there ... Kirby Dance Undecided

KingOfTheFools
    Newbie Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #8831 on: July 16, 2019, 01:52:08 AM »

Anyone have any idea how to get rid of those 8 Mario icons on the CSS in the 242 build?

まらとなのい!
    Newbie Kitten

• Awards Favorite'd

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #8832 on: June 07, 2020, 07:37:57 AM »

Another update for CSS Expansion stuff; Same process as before, just replace the sora_menu_sel_char or miscData[13] in common3 with this and you will be able to use homerun contest and multiman brawl with CSS Expansion in Wiimmfii

Vanilla
    PMEx
    Will this be updated to work with BrawlEx Clone Engine v2.0.0.0 Extended Edition?

catscatscats99
    Expert Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #8833 on: June 21, 2020, 05:20:33 PM »

Anyone have any idea how to get rid of those 8 Mario icons on the CSS in the 242 build?
    I looked into this awhile ago and found that PMEX's sc_selcharacter.pac file causes this. Removing that file and replacing it with vBrawl's fixed the issue, and it's not present in the vBrawl 242 build. Kitsu later found the offending piece inside the file, something to do with the CSS background (I forget the exact one...). Not sure why, but it causes the extra 8 Marios.

Anonymous42456
    Intermediate Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #8834 on: August 05, 2020, 07:09:56 AM »

The 51st character I added isn't showing up. How do I animate more slots for BrawlEx CSS?

Post Merge: August 05, 2020, 11:29:30 AM
    Oh dear, I forgot to mention or fix that. Yikes.
    Uh.... If you got that, you're actually doing it right, I think right now you 'need' to have 100/242 slots ready or funky things happen, though I've just horrible memory.

Uh... You need to use a hex editor to fix things up, sorry for this forgetfulness

Highlighted red is CSS size, F2 is the max amount for all 242 slots
    (pretend this is blue, actual blue on this background sucks) Highlighted blue is Random amount, F2 is also the max amount here, although this also assumes you forego the 'random' slot
    Highlighted green is useable CSS slots
    Likewise, highlighted purple is useable random slots

Uhm... Hopefully this helped at all, I dunno.

I get this issue with BrawlEx Extended: https://imgur.com/a/g8NFo1g
    « Last Edit: August 05, 2020, 11:29:30 AM by Anonymous456 » Logged

Pages:  1 ... 586 587 588 [589] 590
    Print
    Jump to: