Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Pages:  1 ... 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9
Author Topic: SDHC Extension 1.1[Reinsertion support]  (Read 78406 times)
Doq
Extreme Kitten

Coconut is best Neko.

• Awards Ceiling Cat

• View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #75 on: March 08, 2014, 11:53:40 AM »

One option is using a program like 'pimp my wii' to install the needed ios or a cios, no need to update the wii menu.
    I do not see an advantage of not using the latest Sysmenu, except to install Bootmii as boot2. But who uses Bootmii anymore?

24tee
    Expert Kitten

If there is Smash, there is Bros.

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #76 on: March 08, 2014, 03:22:19 PM »

I got a prob. When I enter P:M launcher and hit play, the game loads up. But what it loads up is the regular vBrawl, none of my hacks are there. Any help?

Bero
    Expert Kitten

• Awards Fiery Topic

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #77 on: March 08, 2014, 11:32:38 PM »

Did you put your gct in sd://codes?

Mewtwo2000
    The Stage Master
    Special Access

Making stages since 2010

• Awards Former PMDT King for a Day Ceiling Cat Featured

« Reply #78 on: March 09, 2014, 08:56:44 AM »

I do not see an advantage of not using the latest Sysmenu, except to install Bootmii as boot2. But who uses Bootmii anymore?

Me, actually. Maybe there's other ways to do so, I don't know, but my way to load the game without the needs to use a wiimote is using bootmii and going into the homebrew channel directly, so I don't go to the wii menu at all. Anyway, unless I'm mistaken, Bootmii and the latest sysmenu can be installed at the same time, so there's no advantage on no using the latest menu at all.

SW FC: SW-5958-4724-5095
    Wii FC: 1247-2259-6207
    Twitch: http://twitch.tv/mewtwo2000
    Visit my stage thread here

Stage light and fog tutorial
    Stage shadows tutorial

Segtendo
    Local Marie Fanboy
    Special Access

Cold queen

• Awards Starstormer PC Core Gamer 128-bit Core Gamer Super Saiyan Topic

« Reply #79 on: March 09, 2014, 10:10:31 AM »

Bootmii can help restore a system if it bricks, so it's VERY useful.

: SW-2632-7270-6724

Doq
    Extreme Kitten

Coconut is best Neko.

• Awards Ceiling Cat

« Reply #80 on: March 09, 2014, 11:05:54 AM »

Me, actually. Maybe there's other ways to do so, I don't know, but my way to load the game without the needs to use a wiimote is using bootmii and going into the homebrew channel directly, so I don't go to the wii menu at all. Anyway, unless I'm mistaken, Bootmii and the latest sysmenu can be installed at the same time, so there's no advantage on no using the latest menu at all.
    Yes that's true. I have a Bootmii installed as IOS 254 on my 4.3u. There's just not the possibility of installing it as a patched boot2. However I did manage to get a similar effect using Priiloader and configuring it to autostart to Bootmii.

Except since my Wii is the 2010 model, I have to control it with the power buttons. xP

[edit] There also appears to be an option to load HBC directly, but it seems to look for the old title ID (HAXZ) instead of the new one (LULZ), so go with Bootmii. [/edit]
    « Last Edit: March 09, 2014, 11:07:48 AM by Doqtor Kirby » Logged

Mewtwo2000
    The Stage Master
    Special Access

Making stages since 2010

« Reply #81 on: March 09, 2014, 12:44:59 PM »

Yeah, the priiloader setting is what I installed once in a friend of mine's wii, which can't have bootmii as boot2. The ability of having it as boot depends on the wii model though, not the menu installed. I fortunately have one of the old ones, but as priiloader exists, the only difference here is that in case of brick I can fix my wii with a copy of the nand. A wii without bootmii on boot2 can't be restored if that's the case, but well, one doesn't brick a wii everyday lol

Stage shadows tutorial

Doq
    Extreme Kitten

Coconut is best Neko.

• Awards Ceiling Cat

« Reply #82 on: March 09, 2014, 02:52:03 PM »

Yeah, the priiloader setting is what I installed once in a friend of mine's wii, which can't have bootmii as boot2. The ability of having it as boot depends on the wii model though, not the menu installed. I fortunately have one of the old ones, but as priiloader exists, the only difference here is that in case of brick I can fix my wii with a copy of the nand. A wii without bootmii on boot2 can't be restored if that's the case, but well, one doesn't brick a wii everyday lol
    Actually, installing Bootmii as boot2 is completely dependent on both the System Menu version and the boot2 version. Any System Menu after 4.2v4 (which, since all 2010 and later Wiis have 4.3, those Wiis are screwed) has a certain boot2 fix (called boot2v4) that fills that hole that Bootmii uses to inject it's code into boot2, forcing Bootmii to be installed as an unused IOS (IOS 254). Since NAND corruption happens outside of Priiloader code (don't know how, but it does), one could get into Bootmii from there and restore NAND.

I lurk on Hackmii a lot. Tongue
    « Last Edit: March 09, 2014, 02:53:51 PM by Doqtor Kirby » Logged

Mewtwo2000
    The Stage Master
    Special Access

Making stages since 2010

« Reply #83 on: March 09, 2014, 03:33:53 PM »

I know we're filling this with a lot of offtopic, but... what would happen if one did update to that system menu in an unusual way? (aka with pimp my wii or other programs) Would the boot2v4 always be installed, or one could have both boot2 bootmii and latest wii menu together?

Stage shadows tutorial

Doq
    Extreme Kitten

Coconut is best Neko.

• Awards Ceiling Cat

« Reply #84 on: March 09, 2014, 03:40:25 PM »

I know we're filling this with a lot of offtopic, but... what would happen if one did update to that system menu in an unusual way? (aka with pimp my wii or other programs) Would the boot2v4 always be installed, or one could have both boot2 bootmii and latest wii menu together?
    I don't think so, as the boot2 update was part of 4.2v4.

(If you have anything else, might I suggest in a PM.)

Pikezer1337
    Expert Kitten

• Awards Renowned Hacker >9000

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #85 on: March 11, 2014, 02:22:50 PM »

Im having trouble getting this to work with brawlex.  Specifically Nebulons pack. Has anyone got this to work yet with BrawlEx.  The only thing that is different is the SSS is still expanded but it doesn't show the edited icons.

Power Marshall
    -JDeLL~
    Special Access

• Awards Hot Topic Heart Container Dedicated Hacker Tutorial Writer

« Reply #86 on: March 12, 2014, 05:31:09 PM »

Im having trouble getting this to work with brawlex.  Specifically Nebulons pack. Has anyone got this to work yet with BrawlEx.  The only thing that is different is the SSS is still expanded but it doesn't show the edited icons.

Question: Is your Wii v4.2U+? If so or no, does Brawl recognize your SD Card you're using? (e.g. Save/load stages or pictures or replays with it?)

Want to learn about my new project? Click here!
    Updated 1/18

Sirkura
    Lol Kitten

• Awards Featured Star Hacker Super Saiyan Topic >9000

« Reply #87 on: March 18, 2014, 06:31:30 PM »

Yes you need to update to 4.2 or something to have ios58 installed.

actually... there is an ios 58 installer on the homebrew browser.  it was initially added for the usb2.0 support when 4.2 came out, but if it also controls the SDHC slot then it would theoretically address that issue too. my wii is 4.1u and i used that to install it.

Armored dragon
    Expert Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #88 on: April 14, 2014, 04:13:35 PM »

so can I use a 2GB SD card to start up project M using the the hackless method, then have the SDHC card with out the stage to prevent freezing and be able to use the ASL tool along with the stage builder?

Mewtwo2000
    The Stage Master
    Special Access

Making stages since 2010

« Reply #89 on: April 15, 2014, 06:00:02 AM »

so can I use a 2GB SD card to start up project M using the the hackless method, then have the SDHC card with out the stage to prevent freezing and be able to use the ASL tool along with the stage builder?

Yeah, just like you said. I guess Project M has the custom stages disabled though, but it would be a matter of removing from the gct the code that disables them. GCT Fusionizer or  hex editing the gct would make this possible.

Stage shadows tutorial

Pages:  1 ... 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9
    Print
    Jump to: