Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Pages:  1 2 [3] 4 5
Author Topic: Isn't it kinda disappointing  (Read 19950 times)
Sharky
Mega Kitten

• Awards RAGE!!

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #30 on: April 20, 2014, 03:18:17 PM »

I'm sure a spike is coming soon when people play the Wii U game, it will make people try to copy move-sets and hitspots ect.

Coffee fueled gearhead.

kanjaroo
    Expert Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #31 on: April 21, 2014, 10:16:29 PM »

Interesting. However, here's my take on it. Wii U's don't have Gamecube Controller compatability, right? I don't want that game then. Smash Bros. 4 doesn't warrant a console purchase for me. I know there might be plenty of great Nintendo games on the Wii U- but me, and several of my friends, don't like what Nintendo has become in it's modern age. We like the classics- Project M makes Brawl hacking so nice because it brings us back to the classics. Personally, in fact, I don't trust that Nintendo has the right idea nailed with this upcoming Smash as well. I'll likely not even play it. Maybe play it once or twice at a friend's house for the fresh experience, but I feel like the game itself won't be the fun I'm looking for. The online interactions seems nice- but I'm sure that'll just turn in to League of Legends where the only goal for ppl is to exploit the best characters to increase their rankings. If the game isn't balanced, then no new features are worth anything. I'd like to have a Smash to fall back on in case Smash 4 is a failure. Also, Smash 4 might be based on files from Brawl. If so, adding hacks might be a lot easier. Just my thoughts...

Carnage
    God Kitten

(retired)

• Awards Constructive Super Saiyan Topic Heart Container Starstormer

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #32 on: April 22, 2014, 12:05:32 AM »

Interesting. However, here's my take on it. Wii U's don't have Gamecube Controller compatability, right? I don't want that game then. Smash Bros. 4 doesn't warrant a console purchase for me. I know there might be plenty of great Nintendo games on the Wii U- but me, and several of my friends, don't like what Nintendo has become in it's modern age. We like the classics- Project M makes Brawl hacking so nice because it brings us back to the classics. Personally, in fact, I don't trust that Nintendo has the right idea nailed with this upcoming Smash as well. I'll likely not even play it. Maybe play it once or twice at a friend's house for the fresh experience, but I feel like the game itself won't be the fun I'm looking for. The online interactions seems nice- but I'm sure that'll just turn in to League of Legends where the only goal for ppl is to exploit the best characters to increase their rankings. If the game isn't balanced, then no new features are worth anything. I'd like to have a Smash to fall back on in case Smash 4 is a failure. Also, Smash 4 might be based on files from Brawl. If so, adding hacks might be a lot easier. Just my thoughts...
    you can just buy a mayflash adapter and you can make your gamecube work from the wiimote like the classic controller problem solved ...

saying your not even gonna play ssb4 becuase it doesnt have gamecube controller is ridiculous lol

Miacis
    Ex-admin
    Special Access

• Awards Ceiling Cat 128-bit Core Gamer Featured 64-bit Core Gamer

• View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #33 on: April 22, 2014, 03:01:17 PM »

Melee is a classic?

Round and round the signature goes ~
    ~ where it stops, nobody knows.

LC-DDM
    Not your average sprite!
    Special Access

Voted "Best Guest for Campfires".

• Awards Heart Container Good Citizen KCMM Veteran 128-bit Pro Gamer

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #34 on: April 22, 2014, 05:05:20 PM »

Wii U's don't have Gamecube Controller compatability, right? I don't want that game then.

...the amount of stupidity in this logic is fantastic. "COMPATIBILITY OF A CONTROLLER FOR A CONSOLE RELEASED IN 2001 DOESN'T EXIST IN THE NEXT GENERATION OF THIS COMPANY'S CONSOLE, THEREFORE I'M NOT GOING TO SUPPORT THIS COMPANY WITH THE PURCHASE OF A GAME". Go ahead, people, read that [censored] twice - even I'm having trouble understanding this mindset.

But I wouldn't worry too much about it either. There are still a good number of people that don't like change either - so, like Carnage said, you can just get an adaptor to get your GCN controller working on the Wii U, instead of - perish the thought - using the UPro Controller.

Smash Bros. 4 doesn't warrant a console purchase for me. I know there might be plenty of great Nintendo games on the Wii U-

I'd hold out on waiting for Nintendo-specific games on the Wii U. Currently there's a grand total of 9 Ninty-developed games, out of which 1 is an HD remake and 1 is casual garbage. Don't let it stop you though, there's a lot more games that are good without being dev'd by Ninty.

We like the classics- Project M makes Brawl hacking so nice because it brings us back to the classics.

...I'm with Miacis on this - Melee was a classic?

Scratch that, P:M was a classic? I wasn't aware hacking a game to turn it into what is pretty much a total conversion suddenly makes it a classic.

And oooh, I get it now. P:M is what makes Brawl hacking nice. Hahaha, and here I was thinking that Brawl hacking came before it, but it turns out that P:M was what created Brawl hacking in the first place. Silly me.  Roll Eyes

Personally, in fact, I don't trust that Nintendo has the right idea nailed with this upcoming Smash as well. I'll likely not even play it. Maybe play it once or twice at a friend's house for the fresh experience, but I feel like the game itself won't be the fun I'm looking for.

Yeah, combining the best of both the casual and the competitive worlds seems like not the right idea of fun. We should keep both parties eternally feuding for no good reason.

The online interactions seems nice- but I'm sure that'll just turn in to League of Legends where the only goal for ppl is to exploit the best characters to increase their rankings.

I'm pretty sure it doesn't work the way you think it works. Much less when you can only use custom movesets when you're with friends.

Plus that kind of already happens all the time in all the other online games. LoL or Smash 4 doesn't suddenly make it special.

I'd like to have a Smash to fall back on in case Smash 4 is a failure.

You have three Smashes to fall back on.

Well, really just one and a half considering your earlier statement, but still.

Also, Smash 4 might be based on files from Brawl. If so, adding hacks might be a lot easier. Just my thoughts...

Do you have any evidence to corroborate this? Y'know, back it up? Show your work?

Or maybe you just automagically have a friend's cousin's brother's uncle who works in the exact office that Sakurai is developing Smash 4 on as a janitor, and who also sends you tip-top secret images of characters and stages that you can't show because then your friend's cousin's brother's uncle would be fired?
    « Last Edit: April 22, 2014, 05:07:17 PM by LC-DDM » Logged

Grammar is necessary. Butchering your language isn't. If you don't have time to correct yourself, I don't have time to read your post.
    Your compilation pack is as useless as your quest for approval, and I pity both.

Climaxing to a jump scare would be pretty great.

Segtendo
    Local Marie Fanboy
    Special Access

Cold queen

• Awards Starstormer PC Core Gamer 128-bit Core Gamer Super Saiyan Topic

• View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #35 on: April 22, 2014, 05:22:54 PM »

Are we still hailing Melee as "da greatest smash eva"?
    Yes. It was good. Every Smash has been good.
    This is such narrow minded thinking.

: SW-2632-7270-6724

kanjaroo
    Expert Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #36 on: April 22, 2014, 11:11:35 PM »

you can just buy a mayflash adapter and you can make your gamecube work from the wiimote like the classic controller problem solved ...

saying your not even gonna play ssb4 becuase it doesnt have gamecube controller is ridiculous lol

I didn't expect a lot of criticism lol. yea i was joking on the controller part. shoulda thrown a lol in there or something. the main point I was trying to make guys is that I saw Nintendo make its turn into the next generation of consoles and I didn't like its direction. I liked what it was before. I'm not the only one that thinks it, (maybe, the only one of these forums from above evidence) but mods allowing me to customize brawl gave me a better feel for what I was looking for in this game. More fun. The truth is, there's no guarantee Smash 4 is gonna be all it's hyped up to be when it hasn't even been released. I think its best to keep modding brawl in this community until we're sure that there is something better out there. Even if Smash 4 is worth more attention, I'm sure the Brawl hacking community won't burst into flames. I know ppl who bought Brawl but stopped playing it after the first year out of preference for Melee.

Now to respond to LC-DDM:

...the amount of stupidity in this logic is fantastic. "COMPATIBILITY OF A CONTROLLER FOR A CONSOLE RELEASED IN 2001 DOESN'T EXIST IN THE NEXT GENERATION OF THIS COMPANY'S CONSOLE, THEREFORE I'M NOT GOING TO SUPPORT THIS COMPANY WITH THE PURCHASE OF A GAME". Go ahead, people, read that [censored] twice - even I'm having trouble understanding this mindset.
    I pretty much summed it up in that word block up there^^

I'd hold out on waiting for Nintendo-specific games on the Wii U. Currently there's a grand total of 9 Ninty-developed games, out of which 1 is an HD remake and 1 is casual garbage. Don't let it stop you though, there's a lot more games that are good without being dev'd by Ninty.
    That's respectable. I'd say I'm doing the same cuz the only thing I've seen that I've wanted was Pikmin 2.

...I'm with Miacis on this - Melee was a classic?
    ...I think Melee's a classic.... it's honestly hard for me comprehend that ppl are contradicting me on that. I grew up with Melee. It's my favorite fighting game... I loved Project M cuz I felt it took skill, like Melee. I honestly didn't care much for Brawl with time. I was great at it though. I was a Game & Watch main and won 2 tournaments. You would think I'd love Brawl. But, when I played it with my friend with whom I was equally skilled, all I would hear is him complaining about how over-powered and spontaneous Game & Watch was. That Brawl's different design allowed for certain characters to be more advantageous and Brawl was less strategic fighting and more exploitation of specific moves with high knockback and large hitboxes. And, to an extent, he was right. Brawl WAS different. I'd have a lot harder of a time beating him in melee. If ppl kept attributing my winnings to the fact that I used "overpowered" characters- then the game just wasn't fun. Eventually, my friends would only play if it was 2 against me or me and some guy/girl that lacks skill against 2 normal brawl players. I liked Project:M cuz it leveled the playing field to that of melee's quick thinking, combos, and strategy. It made the game more of what it used to be competitively and that's why I said it conjured a classic feel.
    Also, I knew about Brawl hacking long before Project M. I remember Elite Smash Hackers making Lucas look like Jimmy Neutron and freaking out. I know the customization was a great aspect of Brawl hacking- but I don't feel its as much of a reason to downgrade from Smash 4 as a complete transformation such as Project M is.

Plus that kind of already happens all the time in all the other online games. LoL or Smash 4 doesn't suddenly make it special.
    What I say is easy enough to understand and I stand by it. I feel like online ranking is a bad concept in general- something ppl will either not care about or care too much about by making their focus having a higher rank- not having fun.

You have three Smashes to fall back on.
    Maybe this is just me- but I think Brawl is the best Smash to fall back on. Why? Because this community's made it Play-doh. This game can be the most of what u want it to be- unless u want a graphics downgrade... and nostalgia isn't my first priority with a multiplayer game. I, personally, like graphics to be the best they can be and that's another one of the many reasons I prefer Project:M to Melee.

And lastly, I said "might". Twice. I was just trying to be hopeful.

This is so long and random I feel like those guys that post unnecessary youtube comments.

All in all. I'll stick to Brawl. I don't think the Smash franchises releases are something worth getting hyped about anymore. I'm not the only one...

Large Leader
    I'm shocked I'm allowed to still have this.
    Angel Kitten

• Awards Renowned Hacker Diamond in the Rough Active Contributor Super Saiyan Topic

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #37 on: April 23, 2014, 08:36:14 AM »

competitiveness != classic

What makes something classic is it's timelessness. So that whenever you pull it out, it's always fresh and refreshing to play (or read, watch, whatever). In my opinion going the whole "No items, FD, Fox Only" deal with my friends doesn't classify the game as a classic. Instead, having fun with everyone, no matter how stupid our picks are makes it a classic.

Quote from: Miacis
    In other words, LURK MORE.
    Quote from: LC-DDM
    In other news, birds fly, sun shines, fishes swim, and the sky is [censored]ing BLUE.
    Quote from: Miacis
    3. ... You seriously don't know who Clinton is?
    Quote from: Haseyo
    If only hacking Brawl paid bills.
    Quote from: Nanobuds
    O snap
    Quote from: DrPanda
    But you are in a Smash Bros. thread.
    You can't have an opinion here.

Carnage
    God Kitten

(retired)

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #38 on: April 23, 2014, 09:21:18 AM »

so you come to a brawl hacking website and expect to find ppl that arent hyped for ssb4 and you want them working on ssbb becuase without ever playing it your saying the game aint even worth the buy?

you say you dont like where nintendo is headed into , i sure like it over the wii for real since on the wiiu we finaly got ride of the mandatory crappy motion controlls that ruined manny games for me so im happy even if the main controller is a huge tablet i wont have to swing stuff around in every game that doesnt bother to make compatibility for other controllers.

TheDarkMysteryMan
    Extreme Kitten

Oh you're a Mod? You think I care? Let's talk real

• Awards Cookie Clicker! Dedicated Hacker Hot Topic Favorite'd

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #39 on: April 23, 2014, 02:07:46 PM »

Remember at E3 2011 when they first showed the WiiU?
    People actually thought it was a Wii add-on because they didnt properly show the damn thing. It makes me wonder if they really do care about there "new gen console". I mean i dont want to play a tablet while watching the Tv. That should be separate or not even evolved with the console.

i sure like it over the wii for real since on the wiiu we finaly got ride of the mandatory crappy motion controlls that ruined manny games for me so im happy even if the main controller is a huge tablet i wont have to swing stuff around in every game that doesnt bother to make compatibility for other controllers.
    I agree with Carnage. It's very different and fresh to see a new style of control, but its too ridiculous. Two screens to keep an eye on? Yeah, ill just stick to a aGameCube controller when i play WiiU games.

Velen
    Resident Lucario
    Boss Kitten

Insert totally self gratifying [censored] here. ; )

• Awards Famous Hacker Sniper Heart Container Ceiling Cat

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #40 on: April 23, 2014, 03:52:07 PM »

People actually thought it was a Wii add-on because they didnt properly show the damn thing. It makes me wonder if they really do care about there "new gen console". I mean i dont want to play a tablet while watching the Tv. That should be separate or not even evolved with the console.
    I agree with Carnage. It's very different and fresh to see a new style of control, but its too ridiculous. Two screens to keep an eye on? Yeah, ill just stick to a aGameCube controller when i play WiiU games.

Uh. No. The point wasn't to watch TV while playing a game, the point was you being able to play a game while others watch TV. Y'know. So you don't have to be forced to quit if you don't have your own TV.

3DS Friend Code: 2895-6640-9302

kanjaroo
    Expert Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #41 on: April 23, 2014, 05:48:41 PM »

so you come to a brawl hacking website and expect to find ppl that arent hyped for ssb4 and you want them working on ssbb becuase without ever playing it your saying the game aint even worth the buy?

you say you dont like where nintendo is headed into , i sure like it over the wii for real since on the wiiu we finaly got ride of the mandatory crappy motion controlls that ruined manny games for me so im happy even if the main controller is a huge tablet i wont have to swing stuff around in every game that doesnt bother to make compatibility for other controllers.

Yes and I never said that.

Okay, they went from a beautiful controller that everyone got used to to 2 remote motion sensor pieces and then a remote tablet. Hm. I think I'll just stick to what makes the most sense and is the most convenient.

I feel like they changed so much for not enough reasons. It was overall better the way it was. You can give something a fresh and new style without "fixing" a bunch of things that aren't even broken.
    Uh. No. The point wasn't to watch TV while playing a game, the point was you being able to play a game while others watch TV. Y'know. So you don't have to be forced to quit if you don't have your own TV.

I never got that. Why put so much effort into making a game console compatible with a certain real world conflict? There are other alternatives for that issue in the first place...

First, you could get a new TV. The best solution- obviously expensive but ppl with extra money would rather get a new tv for a great console than keep one tv for a console with a weird design. While cheaper, they wouldn't enjoy the console as much so is the price saving worth? Second, just patience. Video games aren't our only means of recreation. Sure we love them, but that doesn't mean we should compromise a good design to play it 24/7... Also, why compartmentalize console games, when Nintendo has such a large line of portable games in the first place. I just don't get it.

Carnage
    God Kitten

(retired)

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #42 on: April 24, 2014, 04:28:55 AM »

kanjaroo your problem seems to be the controllers ... ever since the previous gen all controlers are wireless on every console so saying remote this and that is pointless, no one will revert to the wired ones, second you can buy a piece that costs 10 dol and use you gc controller that you are so acustomed to and are afraid to loose it costs you 10 bucks no one is asking you to buy a new controler just a pice to fit on the button part of the wiimote its that simple 10 bucks on ebay or amazong and they ship worldwide.

Second the wiiu has its own controller called the wiiu pro controller wich works amazingly and handles preety good, your just afraid of changing controllers then buy the damn adapter since your reasoning for the wiiu ssb4 not being even worthy is the controller most of all... and that is stupid when you can use classic controller, gc controller with adapter, wiiu por controller and more, every of those 3rd party controllers will also work since they mimic pro controller or classic anyway.

Theres no reasoning to wine about the controller when you can buy a dman 10 bucks adapter for gc to wiiu jesus.

kanjaroo
    Expert Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #43 on: April 24, 2014, 12:43:12 PM »

My problem wasn't with the controllers. The reason I brought it up in the first place is because it made for a good example for how wonky Nintendo's design has gotten. Never knew about the pro controller though. If it doesn't come up to a ridiculous amount of money to get the console, game, and make my Wii U's design revolve around Smash, I'll consider buying it. If so, hacked brawl is only a few steps down imo.

Carnage
    God Kitten

(retired)

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #44 on: April 24, 2014, 01:20:22 PM »

My problem wasn't with the controllers. The reason I brought it up in the first place is because it made for a good example for how wonky Nintendo's design has gotten. Never knew about the pro controller though. If it doesn't come up to a ridiculous amount of money to get the console, game, and make my Wii U's design revolve around Smash, I'll consider buying it. If so, hacked brawl is only a few steps down imo.

where i live the wiiu pro controller is actually cheaper than a wii remote with motion plus incorporated, it costs the same as any controller for any console between 40 and 50 euros here not sure about the prices on the rest of the world.

the wiiu pro controller has been released since preety much day one and it works amazingly once you get used to hit better than the gc controller imo since the second analog stick is ten times better than the c stick for most games
    http://blogs-images.forbes.com/erikkain/files/2012/06/Wii-U-Pro-Controller1.jpg

Pages:  1 2 [3] 4 5
    Print
    Jump to: