Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Pages:  1 [2] 3 4 5
Author Topic: Isn't it kinda disappointing  (Read 19735 times)
SharpHackz200
Hyper Kitten

Mario, You're My Knight In Thy Shining Armor

• Awards Tutorial Writer

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #15 on: February 08, 2014, 02:22:37 AM »

IF ssb4 can actually be hacked, then people will just attempt to import or copy everything from the game to ssbb. Azn

So I don't really think ssbb hacking community won't really stop.  Look at Brawl Vault.........
    There's already some characters that looks like they were just imported from the sm4sh bros. Cheesy (specially DR. Wily's Castle)
    There may be some times when KC-MM is empty but I'm sure it won't be a long time.
    And also like what a GOOD friend told me Sad  Not everyone has a WII U, so some people might just stick to hacking brawl than to spend lots of money on a WII U just to play the game.

Large Leader
    I'm shocked I'm allowed to still have this.
    Angel Kitten

• Awards Diamond in the Rough Renowned Hacker Active Contributor Super Saiyan Topic

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #16 on: February 08, 2014, 07:53:49 AM »

I previously came from a site that used to have a community that modded Command and Conquer, Lord of the Rings: Battle For Middle Earth (1, 2, and it's expansion) and then... something else. Don't quite remember.

But I went back and I saw that the same old people were there, along with a bunch of new ones.

It's actually grown since I've left.

Quote from: Miacis
    In other words, LURK MORE.
    Quote from: LC-DDM
    In other news, birds fly, sun shines, fishes swim, and the sky is [censored]ing BLUE.
    3. ... You seriously don't know who Clinton is?
    Quote from: Haseyo
    If only hacking Brawl paid bills.
    Quote from: Nanobuds
    O snap
    Quote from: DrPanda
    But you are in a Smash Bros. thread.
    You can't have an opinion here.

ABloodyCanadian
    Ellipsis Abuser…
    Heroic Kitten

Background processes...

• Awards KCMM Veteran Super Saiyan Topic Hey! Listen! Famous Hacker

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #17 on: February 08, 2014, 09:14:09 AM »

I believe the story behind having the WiiU not being modded yet was because the team that made the Homebrew Channel knew that people would want it for Piracy. Could be wrong though.

Course, somebody else could do it.

Daveybird
    Expert Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #18 on: February 08, 2014, 01:00:43 PM »

You know me, I'll be the first one to bring up a lot of examples of this in the Sim Racing community. There's NASCAR Heat, which was released in 2000, and is still going strong today thanks to moddability. And the now-defunct Ratbag's Dirt Track Racing 2, people are still churning out mods for that, and still has a lot of active leagues.

NASCAR Racing 2003 Season is similar, even though you can't really change the physics to match certain cars. Which means Indy Cars don't go faster than NASCARs, Street Stocks don't go slower than NASCARs, and Dirt Cars don't slip and slide like they do in real life and in other mods/games.

Moddability increases the longevity of games by 10 years or more, as people can update them with new rosters, content, etc, and I think Brawl will be the go-to Smash Bros game for modding for years to come. I still am probably getting the new Smash Bros Wii U game, since Bowser can kick and moves more humanlike in that game, and I'm wondering how his voice will sound. Will it stay as sound effects like previous Smash games? Or will it be his human voice from Mario games since 2002? That is the question. And the latter seems more fitting with his new enthusiastic air he's got in SSB4.

Tyshy
    Lol Kitten

Super Smash Sisters Creator

• Awards Famous Hacker Super Saiyan Topic Active Contributor Heart Container

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #19 on: February 13, 2014, 10:27:55 PM »

IF ssb4 can actually be hacked, then people will just attempt to import or copy everything from the game to ssbb. Azn

So I don't really think ssbb hacking community won't really stop.  Look at Brawl Vault.........
    There's already some characters that looks like they were just imported from the sm4sh bros. Cheesy (specially DR. Wily's Castle)
    There may be some times when KC-MM is empty but I'm sure it won't be a long time.
    And also like what a GOOD friend told me Sad  Not everyone has a WII U, so some people might just stick to hacking brawl than to spend lots of money on a WII U just to play the game.
    I agree and plus ssb4 wouldn't have too many characters so we can stick to brawl hacking to have as many characters as we won't with the clone engine

Super Smash Sisters Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/SmashSistersFinalConflict/?fref=nf

Smash Sisters Discord: https://discord.gg/QMwMgvg

Yuuki Terumi
    Hyper Kitten

Alright, no more games!

• Awards Fiery Topic 128-bit Core Gamer Ceiling Cat Hyperactive Contributor

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #20 on: February 14, 2014, 12:40:32 AM »

...I just hope they don't. I hope I'm not the only one that thinks that this is wrong, if they manage to do so.  Sad

SharpHackz200
    Hyper Kitten

Mario, You're My Knight In Thy Shining Armor

• Awards Tutorial Writer

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #21 on: February 14, 2014, 01:57:56 AM »

...I just hope they don't. I hope I'm not the only one that thinks that this is wrong, if they manage to do so.  Sad

That's what I thought at first when I saw people hacking SSBB.  Why do you think it's wrong???

TheDarkMysteryMan
    Extreme Kitten

Oh you're a Mod? You think I care? Let's talk real

• Awards Cookie Clicker! Dedicated Hacker Hot Topic Favorite'd

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #22 on: April 13, 2014, 07:28:17 PM »

That's what I thought at first when I saw people hacking SSBB.  Why do you think it's wrong???
    I mean come on. Then whats the point in having a new version of the game if your going to put it in the old version?
    Just seems like a waste of time and effort to do so. Even if you just import the models.

Mansta8
    Lol Kitten

• Awards Stack Smash Team Favorite'd Famous Hacker Ceiling Cat

• View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #23 on: April 13, 2014, 10:09:53 PM »

^ I'm perfectly fine if people import non-player models from Smash4, but most of the character models are so similar to what we have now there's no point.

TheDarkMysteryMan
    Extreme Kitten

Oh you're a Mod? You think I care? Let's talk real

• Awards Cookie Clicker! Dedicated Hacker Hot Topic Favorite'd

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #24 on: April 13, 2014, 11:53:44 PM »

Actually only the people who were there before Ssb4 (64-brawl) are not ok to import. I dont mind new models (as long as we didnt make the exact same one before launch, which i haven't seen so...were good for now.)

Carnage
    God Kitten

(retired)

• Awards Constructive Super Saiyan Topic Heart Container Starstormer

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #25 on: April 14, 2014, 02:27:39 AM »

ppl forget if ssb4 is moddable then im sure our talented programers will make some sort of  converter so we can atleast use the models and animations in ssb4 which would be preety sweet, im preety sure psas wont work but if we can use the models and animations remading the psa is the least of our problems imo.So not everything would be lost in the transiction.

KingImpris
    Expert Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #26 on: April 14, 2014, 07:50:05 AM »

We'll the wii u hackers are beginning  http://m.neogaf.com/showthread.php?t=773966 I'll miss ssbb hacking but if ssb4 gets hacked the textures custom models will be higher HD
    « Last Edit: April 14, 2014, 07:51:36 AM by KingImpris » Logged

LC-DDM
    Not your average sprite!
    Special Access

Voted "Best Guest for Campfires".

• Awards Heart Container Good Citizen KCMM Veteran 128-bit Pro Gamer

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #27 on: April 14, 2014, 09:17:56 AM »

What's this boner about moving on with modding games?

Have you learned NOTHING of other games? Look at Doom, the active modding community for that is STILL going strong to this day!

^Because apparently people necro a thread but forget to read the posts from before.

Grammar is necessary. Butchering your language isn't. If you don't have time to correct yourself, I don't have time to read your post.
    Your compilation pack is as useless as your quest for approval, and I pity both.

Climaxing to a jump scare would be pretty great.

Large Leader
    I'm shocked I'm allowed to still have this.
    Angel Kitten

• Awards Diamond in the Rough Renowned Hacker Active Contributor Super Saiyan Topic

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #28 on: April 14, 2014, 09:20:03 AM »

^Because apparently people necro a thread but forget to read the posts from before.

Wait, that isn't how you necro?

In other words, LURK MORE.
    Quote from: LC-DDM
    In other news, birds fly, sun shines, fishes swim, and the sky is [censored]ing BLUE.
    3. ... You seriously don't know who Clinton is?
    Quote from: Haseyo
    If only hacking Brawl paid bills.
    Quote from: Nanobuds
    O snap
    Quote from: DrPanda
    But you are in a Smash Bros. thread.
    You can't have an opinion here.

LC-DDM
    Not your average sprite!
    Special Access

Voted "Best Guest for Campfires".

• Awards Heart Container Good Citizen KCMM Veteran 128-bit Pro Gamer

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #29 on: April 14, 2014, 09:25:37 AM »

Wait, that isn't how you necro?

I'm not a master of the dark arts, so I don't necro. :c

Grammar is necessary. Butchering your language isn't. If you don't have time to correct yourself, I don't have time to read your post.
    Your compilation pack is as useless as your quest for approval, and I pity both.

Climaxing to a jump scare would be pretty great.

Pages:  1 [2] 3 4 5
    Print
    Jump to: