Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: How do I edit FitDedede.pac and the PKMN Trainer's Pokemon? [SOLVED]  (Read 2324 times)
Giga Man
Extreme Kitten

Mega Man is in Smash!

• Awards Active Contributor

• View Profile Awards
    « on: February 02, 2014, 11:26:56 AM »

What am I supposed to do to edit FitDedede.pac? I've tried every version of PSA from the Resources section, and not a single one will open it. They all say "Cannot locate file data. Could not open file." All I'm trying to do is edit the sound effects for certain sub actions. I was able to open PKMN Trainer's Pokemon .pac files and edit it (with the version the readme tells me to), but when I select the characters in the game after editing them, it freezes on the CSS.

I've read that you can open and edit them with Brawlbox, but where in the file do I find the sound effects section?

Please, help. I would greatly appreciate it.
    « Last Edit: July 05, 2014, 04:09:19 PM by Giga Man » Logged

Giga Man
    Extreme Kitten

Mega Man is in Smash!

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #1 on: June 30, 2014, 09:00:59 PM »

Sorry to necro-post, but I still haven't solved this yet. I updated the title and original post with better details.

Post Merge: July 02, 2014, 12:36:39 PM
    Okay, I found this thing called "PSAmod.exe" by Dantarion (Why is this not easy to find?) and it allowed me to edit FitDedede.pac. Awesome! However, I'm still having problems with freezing with both Dedede and the PT Pokemon. So, not quite solved yet. Any suggestions?
    « Last Edit: July 02, 2014, 02:47:40 PM by Giga Man » Logged

Giga Man
    Extreme Kitten

Mega Man is in Smash!

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #2 on: July 05, 2014, 04:09:44 PM »

It turned out to be nothing more than a filesize issue. Every time I would save the PACs, the sizes would inflate. With a little trial and error, shuffling among PSA versions 1.3, 1.9, and 2.35, I eventually got the filesizes perfect and they work perfectly in my Brawl now, no freezes.

For me, PSA version 1.3 worked for Dedede and Ivysaur, 1.9 worked for Squirtle, and 2.35 worked for Charizard. When I say "worked," I mean it saved them at the correct filesize and didn't inflate. I'm sure it was completely random that I got the filesizes correctly saved, so I don't think it'll work the same way for everybody, but that's how I solved it. Smiley

Pages: [1]
    Print
    Jump to: