Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Pages:  1 2 3 [4]
Author Topic: BrawlBox, To Maya, and BACK!  (Read 24372 times)
Dantarion
Mega Kitten

• Awards Favorite'd Former PMDT Staff Helper

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #45 on: April 29, 2014, 11:43:12 AM »

I think certain animations are applied differently than others. There are animations that are actually poses, and animations that aren't nessearily PLAYED, like the ones for aiming items. (The upperbody and lowerbody animations are seperate)

pikazz
    Heroic Kitten

Machinimator!

• Awards Renowned Hacker Good Citizen Pin Collector Helping Hand

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #46 on: April 29, 2014, 12:05:56 PM »

I think certain animations are applied differently than others. There are animations that are actually poses, and animations that aren't nessearily PLAYED, like the ones for aiming items. (The upperbody and lowerbody animations are seperate)
    that might be the case, those special animations thats are poses and often "merged" with other animations ingame.

can it be possible flags that does it? CHR0 appears have some kind of flags

Stupid Tinypic :C

Dantarion
    Mega Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #47 on: April 29, 2014, 12:20:10 PM »

You may be onto something. Right now my code just ignores the flags, but there may be bones I want to omit from exporting in certain animations. I'm going to examine which ones are like that today when I get home from work. Its a little complicated because I have to check everything I do 3 times.

1. I check the model and animation in BrawlBox
    2. I check the model and animation in Maya
    3. I check the model and animation in UE4

The nice thing is that everything is MOSTLY automated, but theres still a bit of drag and drop that has to be done. Having a brand new computer is helping so much with this, I run BrawlBox, Visual Studio, Maya, and UE4Editor all at the same time, spread out across the monitors.

I really want to focus on game development again, which does mean spending less time on the Brawl modding community, but getting Brawl assets <--> Maya and into FBX format (for UE4 and anything else that uses FBX) should help out a lot of people still doing work.

pikazz
    Heroic Kitten

Machinimator!

• Awards Renowned Hacker Good Citizen Pin Collector Helping Hand

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #48 on: April 29, 2014, 12:37:36 PM »

You may be onto something. Right now my code just ignores the flags, but there may be bones I want to omit from exporting in certain animations. I'm going to examine which ones are like that today when I get home from work. Its a little complicated because I have to check everything I do 3 times.

1. I check the model and animation in BrawlBox
    2. I check the model and animation in Maya
    3. I check the model and animation in UE4

The nice thing is that everything is MOSTLY automated, but theres still a bit of drag and drop that has to be done. Having a brand new computer is helping so much with this, I run BrawlBox, Visual Studio, Maya, and UE4Editor all at the same time, spread out across the monitors.

I really want to focus on game development again, which does mean spending less time on the Brawl modding community, but getting Brawl assets <--> Maya and into FBX format (for UE4 and anything else that uses FBX) should help out a lot of people still doing work.
    I hope tossing Ideas will help you find the problem x3 cant wait until its released! try to enable the flags if possible!

and thats good new about Mostly Automated! it would make stuff much easier xD (jealous of your computer >:C)

and thats good having a goal and good luck with yours! my goal is actually getting into Media like being a Cameraman  or editior in movies, so I am using Brawl as a Engie for my videos (even in 3D aspect)! cant wait for the BrawltoMaya so I can easier make stuff for my movies ;w;

Stupid Tinypic :C

Dantarion
    Mega Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #49 on: April 29, 2014, 01:31:17 PM »

It would be really interesting to see machinima done using Brawl animations and models!

Bakuryu
    Advanced Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #50 on: May 13, 2014, 12:28:27 PM »

Still waiting ><. Anyone know of, or know some who can make fox have a fedora and or a suit? Yeah you know where I'm going with this.

TheShyGuy
    Holy Kitten

• Awards Super Saiyan Topic KCMM Veteran Heart Container Dedicated Hacker

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #51 on: May 17, 2014, 12:50:51 AM »

that might be the case, those special animations thats are poses and often "merged" with other animations ingame.

can it be possible flags that does it? CHR0 appears have some kind of flags

These sound like they're used along side animation blend trees to me.

And nice lookout for those who use FBX files. It'd be nice to mess around with brawl stuff in Unity. 

Dantarion
    Mega Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #52 on: May 20, 2014, 12:22:40 PM »

Psssh, Unity, more like, UE4 amirite?

Anyways, all bugs in this are fixed, just need to merge it into current BrawlBox

Sammi Husky
    Lol Kitten

• Awards Fiery Topic Renowned Hacker >9000 King for a Day

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #53 on: June 03, 2014, 10:55:57 PM »

Real off topic, but dant i was wondering if you happened to still have the source for PSA mod? I've found that (in my experience) files that have been PSA'd by BrawlBox can be opened again in PSA mod and i kinda wanted to start modifying PSA if only for personal use.

And just to keep this on topic, do you have an approximate for when you'll be able to merge this into the current BBox? Smiley

KingJigglypuff
    Meme Machine
    Brawl Vault Staff

• Awards RAGE!! >9000 Hyperactive Contributor Heart Container

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #54 on: June 09, 2014, 08:17:46 AM »

bump
    Stop it. You don't need to bump every week. It's not going to do anything.

Dantarion will update when/if he has something to show. If he needs to bump his thread, then that's fine.

Don't be annoying by doing it for him. I honestly feel really bad for you. You're still hyped for this? You poor noob.
    « Last Edit: June 09, 2014, 08:21:37 AM by KingOfChaos » Logged

I don't take requests.

My PSA Thread

MegaGEN50
    Advanced Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #55 on: July 13, 2014, 11:54:14 AM »

uhhh.....bump?

exasm
    Newbie Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #56 on: November 12, 2014, 06:20:46 AM »

Any news on this?

Ӄit ßallarɖ
    Little 3D Animator
    Angel Kitten

Little Twitch Affiliate

• Awards PC Pro Gamer Heart Container Super Saiyan Topic Sniper

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #57 on: December 22, 2014, 10:44:08 AM »

*grabs a spade and digs* being one who actualy is learning how to animate in Maya now, this would be a rather intersting tool for me. Unless I missed som'in, as i rarely (if ever) poke my nose in this side of the forum.

Kit's Youtube of Combos and Randomness
    Also featuring a Deviantart page full of random images I make
    Official FaceBook Page to get a hold of me, catch up with what I'm doing, or just like me!

Pages:  1 2 3 [4]
    Print
    Jump to: