Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Poll
Question: What Neutral Air should I give to Saber
A double spin slash (Marth/Roy) - 3 (42.9%)
A frontflip slash (Lucina) - 2 (28.6%)
Other (post your idea) - 2 (28.6%)
Total Voters: 7

Pages:  1 ... 29 30 31 [32] 33 34 35 ... 45
Author Topic: Akeno Emiya's Blades Store : Preparing to come back...  (Read 226181 times)
Yuuki Terumi
Hyper Kitten

Alright, no more games!

• Awards Fiery Topic 128-bit Core Gamer Ceiling Cat Hyperactive Contributor

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #465 on: May 31, 2014, 01:51:47 PM »

What's that mean?

I see what you did there... that's the face expression.

Archer(AkenoS3)
    Lol Kitten

Archer Class Servant Master Race

• Awards Heart Container Warm Welcomer

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #466 on: May 31, 2014, 06:53:49 PM »

Incoming wall of text with full of faults (thx to my phone for that... lol)

Dash Momentum is still too much.
    Needs to be reduced. I thought I already did, but since I didn't test before hand... okay, gonna have the speed nerfed

Jab: It's fine. But the third jab has no SFX nor Rumble ans hits too late. Also, the damage could be toned down a bit. Like 3 + 4 + 6 = 13 rather than the current 4 + 5 + 7 = 16
    I see. Owell, it needs some nerf either. What about knockback?

Side Tilt: Doesn't hit until after the blade is swung. This is obviously a Timer issue that can easily be fixed.
    Placeholder for a new one

Up Tilt: It's fine, but a bit hard to with with.
    I set the Timer to hit at a high point to make it going upward. But gonna reduce the Timer...

Dash Attack: The hitboxes are clunky.
    What do you mean?

Side Smash: Suffers from the same issue as Side Tilt.
    This move is a capricious one... I don't know if it's the animation or the hitbox that are annoying, but it seems that it almost ALWAYS go through the opponent.

Down Smash: The move is fine, but my only gripe with it is that it suddenly makes her move backward. I know it's TransN movement, but it's just too sudden.
    That's what she does in Fate/Unlimited Codes, she quickly goes backward, then she strikes downward like that. Made on purpose.

Forward Air: This move is rather hard to hit with.
    Placeholder for a better animation... more fluid and with better properties. I tried to animate it myself, but the animation was too bad.

Back Air: Same issue as Forward Air. Also, the animation still looks odd to me.
    This move also needs a new animation... it'll still work that way, but a better animation is needed (it's an inverted version of the former Side Air and current Down Air)

Up Air: The animation should be changed to make it look unique, because it seems to use the exact same animation as Neutral Air.
    It'll stay the same and I'll change the Neutral Air... though I need an idea...

Down Air: This move is fine. But it uses Link's Action Override for Down Air, so she bounces up and skips a few Animation Frames when the attack hits.
    Do you know how can I remove that? Or should I make the animation last longer?

Grab Attack: It's too powerful. Make it 3 or 2 damage.
    Gonna nerf that (i actually never touched this move lol)

Forward Throw: The animation needs polish. It looks like she just punts the victim with her sword, rather than swinging it.
    Yea... this move needs some force...

Back Throw: Same as Link's, so no complaints.
    It suits her so I let it like that...

Up Throw: Same as Link's, so no complaints.
    I actually thought about putting Link's Forward Throw and make him shoot higher... but not really sure about that... maybe or not.

Down Throw: This move looks fine. But maybe this should be remapped to Up Throw, then make a new Down Throw.
    Actually, this move is better as a Down Throw... I just wondered if I shouldn't add a Down Flag (same as Snake's Down Throw)... that or a bury flag. I can let it as it is, but this move suits better a Down Throw IMO.

Neutral Special: The move doesn't hit up close when not charged.
    I have some issues with that move either... though it should hit up close... I added some hitboxes on the sword just for that.

Side Special: It's fine, but I feel like she should go off the edge on the ground.
    She also can't swing her sword when in the air.
    She should also be put into Helpless or have Air Side Special disabled once it's used in the Air.
    I don't know if she should... maybe yes because she's suppose to be maining the ground... I'll see what will I do for that...
    Issue that was also here in the 1st PSA... gonna look into it since I added a hit for it. It's supposed to be one deadly slash. (Again, a better animation would be perfect...)

Up Special: This move is fine, but the ground Up Special could use some animation polish and have the animation be a bit longer.
    I see what you mean... Actually, I didn't have good enough sources for this move. Kokuto did what he could with what I show him and Naoto-san added some details... don't really know what to do with it... We'll see...

Down Special: This move is fine, but when used in the Air, she uses her Neutral Special.
    Then it's good. That's what is supposed to happen. The old air Down B will be slightly modified and placed as the Air Neutral B (if it's not done yet, because right nox the air Neutral B is supposed to be a counter)

Final Smash: I'm not sure what this is supposed to do.
    Actually, I badly modified an already modified version of this FS. It's supposed to be Link's Fs ending with Saber's old FS. The true FS doesn't have an animation yet.

Overall, this moveset is coming along nicely, but there are things that need to be fixed.
    Another issue she has is that her hitboxes on her attacks are too realistic.
    You also forgot to fix her OHC system, so moves can't be spammed.
    Yeah, I still have some of the moves that needs total changes.
    Too realistic? What do you mean?
    Ahem... Weird... Because her OHC worked perfzctly when I tested it. Note that I only added it to the ground moves and not on the specials.

For your issues, I looked into BrawlBox.

Use theses values for the OHC system.

10009 (Dec) 2719 (Hex): Run

10011 (Dec) 271B (Hex): Run (Turn)

10037 (Dec) 2735 (Hex): Sidestep Dodge

10038 (Dec) 2736 (Hex): Forward Dodge

10039 (Dec) 2737 (Hex): Backward Dodge

10040 (Dec) 2738 (Hex): GuardOn

10042 (Dec) 273A (Hex): JumpSquat (Control Stick)

10043 (Dec) 273B (Hex): JumpSquat (Button)

10044 (Dec) 273C (Hex): Dash

10049 (Dec) 2741 (Hex): Dash (Turn)

10054 (Dec) 2746 (Hex): Crawl Forward

10055 (Dec) 2747 (Hex): Crawl Backward

10061 (Dec) 274D (Hex): Air Jump (Control Stick)

10062 (Dec) 274E (Hex): Air Jump (Button)

10063 (Dec) 274F (Hex): Footstool (Control Stick)

10064 (Dec) 2750 (Hex): Footstool (Button)

10081 (Dec) 2761 (Hex): Jab

10082 (Dec) 2762 (Hex): Attack100

10083 (Dec) 2763 (Hex): Dash Attack

10084 (Dec) 2764 (Hex): Forward Tilt

10085 (Dec) 2765 (Hex): Up Tilt

10086 (Dec) 2766 (Hex): Down Tilt

10088 (Dec) 2768 (Hex): Side Smash Windup

10091 (Dec) 276B (Hex): Up Smash Windup

10094 (Dec) 276E (Hex): Down Smash Windup

10096 (Dec) 2770 (Hex): Air Attack

10097 (Dec) 2771 (Hex): Neutral Special

10098 (Dec) 2772 (Hex): Side Special

10099 (Dec) 2773 (Hex): Up Special

10100 (Dec) 2774 (Hex): Down Special

10104 (Dec) 2778 (Hex): Standing Grab

10105 (Dec) 2779 (Hex): Running Grab

10106 (Dec) 277A (Hex): Reverse Grab

10109 (Dec) 277A (Hex): Grab Item

10100 (Dec) 277A (Hex): Grab Heavy Item
    These values will come handy... thanks man.

And change the furthest sword hitboxes to Bone 27 and make the X Offset 0.
    I assume that the 27 is an Hex number, right?

She's shaping up nicely.
    Main issues:
    1. Her Side Tilt needs some hitbox timing adjustments.
    2. Her F-air needs the above and to be slowed down.
    3. Her Side Smash needs hitbox timing adjustments as well.
    4. Her Down Smash needs either a larger first hotbox, or just some timing adjustments.
    5. Her U-air needs a new animation. Its literally the same as her N-air.
    6. Her N-B, (uncharged) needs a hitbox a bit closer to Saber, or just make the existing one a little larger.
    7. Her FS doesn't look like its complete. It kinda does a few slashes, then just abruptly stops after like the 4th or 5th one.
    8. I think she needs a new Side B attack animation. I already thought of a good one.
    9. Her initial dash speed needs to be taken down a few notches. Its way too fast still. I'd say maybe use Marths or Sheiks speed.
    10. Her Up Tilt needs an earlier hitbox staring point. As of now, it seems to only hit at the end, not during the swing upward itself.
    1. Placeholder... I have an idea for another Side Tilt. It's a move she does in Unlimited Blade Works. The most boring exercise in sword training: swing.
    2. WAY more slowing down... actually, it's supposed to hit quickly, but to suffer a reaaaaally long endlag... though the animation... but it's true that it's too fast.
    3.Yea... As I said to KJP, this move is a real pain in the ass... but I like it... Gonna try to fix that.
    4. By 1st hitbox, do you mean the sword hitbox? Sorry, I don't get what do you mean...
    5. Up Air is fine, gonna change the Neutral Air, though I need an idea...
    6. This tornado caused me problems too, huh? Haha! Gonna make the sword hitbox larger (because yes, ther is one)
    7. Actually, this move had a similar glitch back when I 1st made it... I'll remake it completly, althogh it's not supposed to loob like that AT ALL.
    8. Yep. Instead of 3 weirdly combo-ing hits, this move needs 5 rapid combo-ing hits.
    9. Lol... when I think I slowed yer down multiple times. Actually, that's maybe due to the fact I used the stats of my FF Marth and not vBrawl Marth... gonna nerf the speed.
    10. At first it was made on purpose... when Irealized that it doesn't connect properly, I changed it to make the hitbox appearing sooner... I'll correct that.

I'm glad to see this improving. You actually got her N-B to work properly with its multi-hit. I'll animate a new Side B attack later, still haven't slept yet.
    Alright man. Have some rest if you need. I couldn't stand to see the old Side B...  lol... Thank you man.

Well, thank you guys for your feedback. It's cool to hear that you like Saber. She's so close to be complete... Tomorrow, I'll have some time to work on her again, and I think I'll be able to fix alot of these issues.
    I have some propositions for the Neutral Air, so I'll make a poll for them. You can suggest some things too.
    Right now I think about these:

1. A twirling slash (like Marth's Neutral Air
    2. A frontflip slash (like Lucina's Neutral Air)
    3. A weak over head slash (like a weak version of Ike's F Air)
    4. A forward thrust (like Roy's Side Tilt)
    5. Your idea. (Post it on the thread)
    « Last Edit: May 31, 2014, 07:00:56 PM by AkenoS3 » Logged

On PC On Phone
    My PSA thread below.
    A forgotten place of a forgotten hero.

Learning sucks, yeah, but it's from learning that you can eventually create masterpieces.

KingJigglypuff
    Meme Machine

• Awards RAGE!! >9000 Hyperactive Contributor Heart Container

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #467 on: May 31, 2014, 07:35:56 PM »

What about knockback?
    Knocback scales with damage.

What do you mean?
    She hits with her body, then swings her sword down. It's clunky because if a foe is hit with the body before the sword swing, then the sword swing won't hit the foe. I would say remove the starting hitboxes, and give her Damage/Knocback Based Heavy Armor Armor in return.

Do you know how can I remove that? Or should I make the animation last longer?
    You'll need to use BrawlBox for it.

Too realistic? What do you mean?
    The hitboxes are too aligned with the sword. If you take a look at other characters, you can see that their hitboxes go a little further than natural.

I assume that the 27 is an Hex number, right?
    No. The 27 is Decimal. If you want the Hex ID, then it's 1B.

I don't take requests.

My PSA Thread

Archer(AkenoS3)
    Lol Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #468 on: June 01, 2014, 03:52:16 AM »

Knocback scales with damage.
    Alright.

She hits with her body, then swings her sword down. It's clunky because if a foe is hit with the body before the sword swing, then the sword swing won't hit the foe. I would say remove the starting hitboxes, and give her Damage/Knocback Based Heavy Armor Armor in return.
    I tried that to make it a bit like Ganon does for his Down Smash, when he tosses you on one side, then another... Except that here it's only on one side.

You'll need to use BrawlBox for it.
    [censored]... Saber doesn't work in BrawlBox... Her moveset file doesn't open in there.

The hitboxes are too aligned with the sword. If you take a look at other characters, you can see that their hitboxes go a little further than natural.
    True... Though for the Side Smash, it was so annoying that I added a hitbox on the HipN bone...

No. The 27 is Decimal. If you want the Hex ID, then it's 1B.
    I see...

On PC On Phone
    My PSA thread below.

Learning sucks, yeah, but it's from learning that you can eventually create masterpieces.

KingJigglypuff
    Meme Machine

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #469 on: June 01, 2014, 08:36:00 AM »

[censored]... Saber doesn't work in BrawlBox... Her moveset file doesn't open in there.
    Open her in BrawlBox v0.67.

I don't take requests.

My PSA Thread

Archer(AkenoS3)
    Lol Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #470 on: June 01, 2014, 09:03:04 AM »

Open her in BrawlBox v0.67.
    That's exactly the version that doesn't work.

On PC On Phone
    My PSA thread below.

KingJigglypuff
    Meme Machine

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #471 on: June 01, 2014, 09:32:31 AM »

That's exactly the version that doesn't work.
    Try v0.68b then.

If that doesn't work, then update your NET Framework.

I don't take requests.

My PSA Thread

Archer(AkenoS3)
    Lol Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #472 on: June 01, 2014, 09:43:24 AM »

Try v0.68b then.

Ahem. It works on this one. So... What should I do? To remove that Action Override, that is.

EDIT: Wait, I should try to save beforehand... If I can't save, that won't really help...

EDIT2: That's what I thought... It won't let me save.
    « Last Edit: June 01, 2014, 09:45:04 AM by AkenoS3 » Logged

On PC On Phone
    My PSA thread below.

Nao-chan
    Collab Assassin
    Holy Kitten

That's what comes of under-estimating me.

• Awards Dedicated Hacker Famous Hacker Starstormer Heart Container

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #473 on: June 01, 2014, 04:00:31 PM »

One question. What does updating that actually do exactly? I never understood the purpose of it.

WiFi Brawl FC:0606-0014-4748

You turned into a real boring [censored] while I was away. -Yoko

Hooray for surpassing 4000 downloads!! Thanks guys!

KingJigglypuff
    Meme Machine

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #474 on: June 01, 2014, 05:13:02 PM »

One question. What does updating that actually do exactly? I never understood the purpose of it.
    It helps with compatibility stuff. Also it's common knowledge to always stay up to date on certain things.

I don't take requests.

My PSA Thread

Archer(AkenoS3)
    Lol Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #475 on: June 02, 2014, 03:14:23 AM »

Owell, I spend some time changing as much stuff as I could, so, no more timers issues, and more balanced stuff. I'll update it a bit later... when I'm done with school for the day, then there won't be alot for a moment.

On PC On Phone
    My PSA thread below.

Ultraxwing
    Holy Kitten

Master of the Vault!

• Awards Constructive Hot Topic KCMM Veteran Heart Container

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #476 on: June 04, 2014, 02:43:43 PM »

I would've loved to give out a fair review/balance analysis, but even if put over link normally makes my game crash upon selection.

mind you i don't use a clone setup when testing things, so it must be my end.

Archer(AkenoS3)
    Lol Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #477 on: June 04, 2014, 04:48:31 PM »

I would've loved to give out a fair review/balance analysis, but even if put over link normally makes my game crash upon selection.

mind you i don't use a clone setup when testing things, so it must be my end.
    Not your end, it crashes for me too. Fortunately, I found why and I'm gonna fix it. I'll send her to everyone tomorrow.

On PC On Phone
    My PSA thread below.

Nao-chan
    Collab Assassin
    Holy Kitten

That's what comes of under-estimating me.

• Awards Dedicated Hacker Famous Hacker Starstormer Heart Container

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #478 on: June 04, 2014, 04:49:46 PM »

Cool, well I'll be ready for it.

WiFi Brawl FC:0606-0014-4748

You turned into a real boring [censored] while I was away. -Yoko

Hooray for surpassing 4000 downloads!! Thanks guys!

Archer(AkenoS3)
    Lol Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #479 on: June 04, 2014, 04:57:51 PM »

Prepare your bodies Evil
    Oh, and I think after Saber, Ike is gonna be my new toy-- I mean, base character for PSAs. I have 2 planned for him.

On PC On Phone
    My PSA thread below.

Pages:  1 ... 29 30 31 [32] 33 34 35 ... 45
    Print
    Jump to: