Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Nameless CSS Icons; Please someone help this noob : )  (Read 1264 times)
VIRTUAL BOY
Newbie Kitten

View Profile Awards
« on: February 12, 2014, 04:05:08 PM »

Hello everyone!

I would not be asking this if I could have found a solid answer on the forums. However, after a lot of searching, I simply could not find a clear answer as to removing the names from the CSS icons. Out of all the threads I was able to find, the best answer I found was:

"Just edit the animation for MenSelchrFaceI edit the nameEA5 (or something similar) bone."

I was able to find "MenSelchrFaceI" however I found that in several places in the animations folder. For a noob such as myself, the answer above is simply too vague.

Please someone post some clear instructions, or at least please tell me exactly where I should be looking.

Thank you in advance! : )

SharpHackz200
Hyper Kitten

Mario, You're My Knight In Thy Shining Armor

• Awards Tutorial Writer

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #1 on: February 12, 2014, 09:24:53 PM »

You can just replace it with an empty picture or if it's a polygon, you can remove it. Smiley

If that doesn't work, can you send me the file so I can look at it? Undecided

VIRTUAL BOY
    Newbie Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #2 on: February 14, 2014, 06:37:44 AM »

Thank you for your reply SharpHackz200 : )

I actually happened to stumble on this thread and figured it out. I used this method, but I am curious if your idea might work as well; might have to try it. Thanks again!

http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=63926.0

( Credit goes to linkxgl )

"I figured it out recently, it's pretty simple just a little time consuming.

Step 1:
    Open your "sc_selcharacter_en.pac", either separately in you menu2 folder, or in your "common3.pac" in yourr system folder.

Step 2:
    Go to MiscData30, open 3DModels(NW4R or the equivalent)

Step 3:
    Find "MenSelchrFaceA_TopN" to "MenSelchrFaceI_TopN"

Step 4:
    For each one of the files said above, right click and preview and do the following ---
         1. Open the left, right and bottom tabs
         2. Select nameEA0 in the Bones tab (the last three characters change between MenSelchrFace models)
         3. Select MenSelchrFaceF_TopN__0 in the animations Tab
         4. In the transformations, change the Scale on the X and Y to 0 (first 2 slots), and the translation on the Y (second slot) to 100.
         5. Repeat 1 - 5 (in this section of steps) for the next MenSelchrFace[G-I]_TopN__0.

Essentially, you're changing the animations of each of the name tags on the different character icon models on the CSS. You're making the scale of the name tag 0, virtually unseeable, and moving it away really far that it goes off screen.

Good luck!"

Pages: [1]
    Print
    Jump to: