Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Pages:  1 [2] 3 4
Author Topic: Give BrawlEx Characters SFX Tutorial  (Read 39592 times)
Sammi Husky
Lol Kitten

• Awards Fiery Topic Renowned Hacker >9000 King for a Day

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #15 on: February 23, 2014, 01:19:41 PM »

Use Tabuu to find the chants.

He's right, you should use tabuu. Just remember, its quite complex to people who don't have an advanced knowledge of the files and the way they work

Shun_One
    Lol Kitten

• Awards >9000 Star Hacker Smash 3 Team Pin Collector

• View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #16 on: February 23, 2014, 04:44:07 PM »

If you want to change the Crowd Cheer, Death SFX, and other SFX that you can't edit with PSA, you'll need to download Tabuu (OpenSA3) and a Hex Editor.

Open up any Fighter.pac in Tabuu and navigate to data/misc/SoundData. Note down the off-sets then pop open the Fighter.pac in a Hex Editor and input your new IDs over the old ones.

This is not meant to be a tutorial, just pointing folks in the right direction as Dantarion noted.

I'm no longer around. If you really need to get my attention, send a PM

shock44
    Mega Kitten

• Awards Hot Topic Starstormer Dedicated Hacker Shadow the Pinhog

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #17 on: February 23, 2014, 04:55:03 PM »

Why SmashBox?

Is there another program that allows you to export the sound files from the smashbros_sound.brsar? Smashbox is the only way I know to do it and you need to export the wave files of the character to put them over a boss character's sounds.

If you want to change the Crowd Cheer, Death SFX, and other SFX that you can't edit with PSA, you'll need to download Tabuu (OpenSA3) and a Hex Editor.

Open up any Fighter.pac in Tabuu and navigate to data/misc/SoundData. Note down the off-sets then pop open the Fighter.pac in a Hex Editor and input your new IDs over the old ones.

This is not meant to be a tutorial, just pointing folks in the right direction as Dantarion noted.

Thank you for this information. This is helpful.

ShinF
    Supreme Kitten

• Awards Tutorial Writer Hot Topic Pin Collector Featured

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #18 on: February 23, 2014, 08:26:44 PM »

I've got a Mega Man with sound effects over Petey Pirahna, but I'm having a problem. I also posted this in SFX Help, but I figured I'd ask here, too. Everything is set up and working just as it should be (Death Cry included, thanks to Shun_One's post), except for one thing:

When using his Blaster or his Crash Bomb, I can't get him to stop shouting PK Fire when he's fighting Ness. The SFX isn't assigned in Attack100, SpecialS or SpecialAirS, and I didn't see it when looking through the SFX in OpenSA3, either. If anyone knows how to fix this, I'd appreciate it, and I'll definitely upload it for others to use.

Edit: It's on the vault now, if anyone wants to get it. http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=36350

Is there another program that allows you to export the sound files from the smashbros_sound.brsar? Smashbox is the only way I know to do it and you need to export the wave files of the character to put them over a boss character's sounds.

BrawlBox can do this. I'm not sure which versions, but 0.71 does for sure since that's what I used. You can replace the sounds in it, too, you just can't create a .sawnd with it.
    « Last Edit: February 24, 2014, 01:02:02 AM by ShinF » Logged

Want cBliss on your BrawlEx Build? Check out this tutorial!

robintjuh
    Expert Kitten

• Awards RAGE!! Dedicated Hacker >9000 Tutorial Writer

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #19 on: February 24, 2014, 08:50:19 AM »

Does somebody have a shadows voice over a boss because i dont understand how to do this

shock44
    Mega Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #20 on: February 24, 2014, 09:43:22 AM »

Does somebody have a shadows voice over a boss because i dont understand how to do this

I'm working on a Shadow with his voice over Tabuu. It is about half way done. It sounds like I'll need to do a video tutorial on this since it is a difficult process to understand.

I've got a Mega Man with sound effects over Petey Pirahna, but I'm having a problem. I also posted this in SFX Help, but I figured I'd ask here, too. Everything is set up and working just as it should be (Death Cry included, thanks to Shun_One's post), except for one thing:

When using his Blaster or his Crash Bomb, I can't get him to stop shouting PK Fire when he's fighting Ness. The SFX isn't assigned in Attack100, SpecialS or SpecialAirS, and I didn't see it when looking through the SFX in OpenSA3, either. If anyone knows how to fix this, I'd appreciate it, and I'll definitely upload it for others to use.

Edit: It's on the vault now, if anyone wants to get it. http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=36350
    BrawlBox can do this. I'm not sure which versions, but 0.71 does for sure since that's what I used. You can replace the sounds in it, too, you just can't create a .sawnd with it.

Thanks for letting me know, I'll change the tutorial to where you don't need Smashbox and can export with BrawlBox 0.71. Also, not sure how to fix your PK Fire sound effect problem there. I hope someone can figure out how to fix that so it calls it from Petey instead of Ness.

robintjuh
    Expert Kitten

• Awards RAGE!! Dedicated Hacker >9000 Tutorial Writer

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #21 on: February 24, 2014, 10:19:57 AM »

I'm working on a Shadow with his voice over Tabuu. It is about half way done. It sounds like I'll need to do a video tutorial on this since it is a difficult process to understand.

Thanks for letting me know, I'll change the tutorial to where you don't need Smashbox and can export with BrawlBox 0.71. Also, not sure how to fix your PK Fire sound effect problem there. I hope someone can figure out how to fix that so it calls it from Petey instead of Ness.
    if you can do a video tutorial of this that will be awesome

shock44
    Mega Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #22 on: February 24, 2014, 10:39:15 AM »

if you can do a video tutorial of this that will be awesome
    Not sure when I can, but I'll add it to my to do list.

JPW62490
    Advanced Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #23 on: February 25, 2014, 09:49:02 AM »

Side note to anyone who uses WBFS and puts their sound in the ISO directly:
    Should your sound exceed the file size limit, use WiiScrubber to replace one of the dummy files with anything that's 1KB or less. That opens up more space on your ISO.

shock44
    Mega Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #24 on: February 25, 2014, 04:21:59 PM »

Side note to anyone who uses WBFS and puts their sound in the ISO directly:
    Should your sound exceed the file size limit, use WiiScrubber to replace one of the dummy files with anything that's 1KB or less. That opens up more space on your ISO.
    Oh great idea, thanks.

Don Jon Bravo
    Heroic Kitten

• Awards Boo! Starstormer Super Saiyan Topic Famous Hacker

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #25 on: February 25, 2014, 06:27:05 PM »

good news guys,
    ive worked on a version of my alternate sound loader
    and now you dont have to use button combinations, the folders get swapped whenever u choose a character with a ceritain ID
    ill post more info once its ready for releasse

Rosetta-Hime
    Holy Kitten

• Awards Heart Container Dedicated Hacker >9000 Famous Hacker

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #26 on: February 25, 2014, 06:36:57 PM »

good news guys,
    and now you dont have to use button combinations, the folders get swapped whenever u choose a character with a ceritain ID

Yay!!!!! I can't wait! This method is just really confusing, but I still thank shock44 for making a tutorial on this.

shock44
    Mega Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #27 on: February 26, 2014, 09:44:24 AM »

good news guys,

Hopefully this will help make SFX switching easier and we won't have to resort to this overly time consuming method.

Bernkastel34
    Intermediate Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #28 on: February 27, 2014, 05:24:36 PM »

One last important thing, Some sounds I have found like to repeat themselves for some reason, it is a good idea to put in the Stop Sound Effect: (insert last used sound effect here) call code and have it activate after about 15 frames example:

Asynchronous Frames: 15 frames
    Stop Sound Effect: 0-115E

It shouldn't be hard to find these codes to call by just looking through the PSA and copying them. Just use it RIGHT AFTER the sound effect is called from the boss. If you don't do this then certain sounds may repeat forever when called and it is annoying to hear. It doesn't freeze the game though.

You can just insert the sound effects into brawlbox(v0.71), then select to not loop and that fixes the looping problem, then if the audio suddenly gets distorted you can just re-inserted via super sawndz and that usually fixes that problem. You can also make the sounds have "final smash echoes" by right clicking on the sound and select view file where you can just edit the values. I usually just make it match Ike's final smash quote since i know that he only uses that line for that move.

shock44
    Mega Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #29 on: February 28, 2014, 11:50:13 AM »

You can just insert the sound effects into brawlbox(v0.71), then select to not loop and that fixes the looping problem, then if the audio suddenly gets distorted you can just re-inserted via super sawndz and that usually fixes that problem. You can also make the sounds have "final smash echoes" by right clicking on the sound and select view file where you can just edit the values. I usually just make it match Ike's final smash quote since i know that he only uses that line for that move.

Ah, very good info to know.  Thank you. This will definitely help.

Pages:  1 [2] 3 4
    Print
    Jump to: