Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Pages:  1 ... 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 ... 36
Author Topic: Fire Emblem's Lucina PSA - WELCOMING AID!  (Read 161837 times)
Large Leader
I'm shocked I'm allowed to still have this.

• Awards Active Contributor Diamond in the Rough Renowned Hacker Super Saiyan Topic

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #90 on: March 01, 2014, 06:27:24 PM »

The only animation I have a problem with is legs in the up smash. At the very end when she's shuffling to her wait. I don't know what you could do to make it better... maybe have less movement? Not sure what to really critique about that, but you can probably figure it out.

Quote from: Miacis
    In other words, LURK MORE.
    Quote from: LC-DDM
    In other news, birds fly, sun shines, fishes swim, and the sky is [censored]ing BLUE.
    3. ... You seriously don't know who Clinton is?
    Quote from: Haseyo
    If only hacking Brawl paid bills.
    Quote from: Nanobuds
    O snap
    Quote from: DrPanda
    But you are in a Smash Bros. thread.
    You can't have an opinion here.

Revan
    Extreme Kitten

• Awards Starstormer Super Saiyan Topic Famous Hacker

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #91 on: March 01, 2014, 06:38:10 PM »

More right leg right? must have been one of the edits I made because it seems the old one doesn't do that. I'll have a look.

Personal PSA Thread: http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=64229.0
    Project Pokemon: http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=47219.0
    "If we save her, I am going to take off her pants and play Slip'N'Slide. Wicky wicky wick, wicky wicky wick, Fresh Cowboy from the Westside"

Large Leader

• Awards Active Contributor Diamond in the Rough Renowned Hacker Super Saiyan Topic

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #92 on: March 01, 2014, 06:43:54 PM »

No... more like left leg lol

It's so minor that you probably won't even notice it in the middle of a fight (unless you're playing at like 1/4 speed).

In other news, birds fly, sun shines, fishes swim, and the sky is [censored]ing BLUE.
    O snap

Revan
    Extreme Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #93 on: March 01, 2014, 06:59:17 PM »

No... more like left leg lol

It's so minor that you probably won't even notice it in the middle of a fight (unless you're playing at like 1/4 speed).

Hmm, you make me question your eye for detail lol. I did modify the left a little but it was the right leg that was more messed up. I'll post a .gif after a cig.

"If we save her, I am going to take off her pants and play Slip'N'Slide. Wicky wicky wick, wicky wicky wick, Fresh Cowboy from the Westside"

Large Leader

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #94 on: March 01, 2014, 07:03:20 PM »

I mean, I can understand the fidgetting in the right leg as she's landing down on it after spinning. But the left leg shouldn't have a reason to.

I just "assumed" that you might, you know, regain your balance or something lol

O snap

Revan
    Extreme Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #95 on: March 01, 2014, 08:00:28 PM »

Okay so to avoid any confusion. Lucina attacks, spins, steps with her right, then slides her left back into her wait position almost taking a step, using her momentum from the spin to do so.

Nao-chan
    Collab Assassin
    Holy Kitten

That's what comes of under-estimating me.

• Awards Dedicated Hacker Famous Hacker Starstormer Heart Container

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #96 on: March 01, 2014, 08:32:38 PM »

Again I marvel in your artistic talent. Very well done. It looks amazing.

WiFi Brawl FC:0606-0014-4748

You turned into a real boring [censored] while I was away. -Yoko

Hooray for surpassing 4000 downloads!! Thanks guys!

GoMB-BallGamer4774
    Mega Kitten

Basketball is good for you.

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #97 on: March 01, 2014, 09:21:34 PM »

Instant follow! Also a question: Is Lucina V2 going to be completely different from Lucina V1.5 (with just some of the same moves) because of the model change? I'm pretty pumped up for this too, seeing as how I played V1.5 and loved it. Grin
    « Last Edit: March 01, 2014, 09:22:44 PM by solarflare4774 » Logged

Nao-chan
    Collab Assassin
    Holy Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #98 on: March 01, 2014, 09:39:45 PM »

Hey Solar, I'm gonna work on those CSP's tomorrow alright. I took a break from hacking today.

GoMB-BallGamer4774
    Mega Kitten

Basketball is good for you.

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #99 on: March 01, 2014, 09:41:41 PM »

Oh that's totally fine. Take your time and relax! Grin

PallaPal
    Mega Kitten

• Awards Super Saiyan Topic Starstormer Dedicated Hacker Featured

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #100 on: March 02, 2014, 11:32:22 PM »

My internet has been wonky lately... I didn't even get to see all of the new posts until tonight, heh. Which I must say, "WOW! Lot's of new posts!" xp
    Big response post incoming...

First of all, thank you very much Revenant for all of the feedback on the test run. I'm glad you enjoy the playstyle! I can definitely understand liking the older version's simplicity. I mainly made all of these changes to differentiate her style from Marth completely, even if it may be a bit overboard lol.

Yes, the Dash and Up Tilt attacks are among my favorite additions to her moveset. The Dash helps her follow up on her throws very well and the Up Tilt is REALLY fast, but as a result it never gets all that strong for KOs. If it hits, it manages to knock the opponent away from her to make it difficult to retaliate though! The Side Tilt took me forever to come up with as for how it should look, but I think I finally found an ideal change for it, haha. Even looking back at V1 and V1.5, notice how that move has been different in all of them!

I admit that although I like the Down Tilt too, it will probably change. It will still be a kick, but I want to change up how it works, haha. Also, referencing the Down Smash. Indeed, that is one of her moves I am flat out not satisfied with. I know what I want it to look like, but I just can't animate it >.<
    Duly noted though. I'll consider changing it to not moving her forward slightly as I was kind of on the fence about that.

Ditto on the A, A combo! I will change that to have more lag at the end Smiley
    How can I edit that FitMarth.pac file again though if I can't open it in PSA anymore though?
    I have never used BrawlBox to edit those before. Not to mention that I want to be able to edit her for an eventual unofficial P:M version.

Anyway back to the other attacks. I love the Up Smash the same way too xp. The Side Smash had to be a strong stab *nods*. It shows her tendency to use more

brute, yet focused force in her attacks compared to Marth. (You've seen her in Awakening's cutscenes I'm sure xp. Risen impaled from behind and ripped out of the top of its head comes to mind). Definitely looking forward to the animation tweaks as well!
    I like all of her aerials too. They're all effective I think. Of course I still want the Up Aerial to have a unique animation, but I'm not sure what to give it.

All of her Specials were a main concern for me when making this. They are the hardest for me to edit because, well... I don't know how to edit them fully, haha. The N Specials work fine, so that's good. Her Side Specials for example though, NONE of them work the way I want them too! The SpecialS1 needs more startup allowance, I agree. She needs to MOVE for the follow ups though, hahaha. I also want to give her a new SpecialS2Lw separate from her SpecialS2S (as you probably saw in the OP).

Her Up Special, I'm still kind of set on making it be a non-damaging move that enables follow-up aerials afterward (Like Mewtwo in P:M), but that may be difficult... I may just have to tweak it from Marth's/Roy's version of the move if need be. And then her Down Special, I also think it was a bit fast on startup. Sure, I can make it a bit slower at the beginning there ^^

Thanks again for the feedback! That always helps! I am equally stoked to have you helping me out with this, haha.

Let me see if I can address some other things!
    Also I had an idea for Lucina's Neutral B. I used PM Roy's Side B 4th hit as her N B.
    Believe it or not, I was thinking of the same animation for that! If it works better to have it be a custom animation, then perhaps it should remain the same for ease of use? I already have you and RG working on a lot of stuff here. I don't want to overload you guys with constant stuff. In this case, RG specifically, since he will have to loop it back to Wait1.

This is what I was gonna do, got some pics to help me out here.
    So first starting with her Wait1.
    Then transitioning to her FinalStart.
    Then her FinalDash.
    Then the first strike of her FinalEnd.
    Finally ending with the second strike of her FinalEnd.

She'll keep the FinalStart to Dash that Marth has, and then once she reaches an enemy, or you press B, she'll initiate the FinalEnd part of it just like Marth would. The FinalDashEnd I'm not going to do too much to. Maybe just change the first frame to match her new dashing position.

Also I might need some help coding the first hit to only heal if she strikes an enemy. So an If Hitbox Connects statement kinda thing.

That was my idea but feel free to critique it as much as you want.
    Looks really promising! I think the hitbox connecting thing is something that needs to be done as well. I wish I were more experienced with coding in

that area, but like Zack Fair said... those RA bits... heh.

Poppin in to drop some .gifs
    Here's the original Side Smash.
    And here's what i've done. I made it transition to the wait correctly, changed the timing of the attack, and did some other minor adjustments.
    Here's an updated Up Smash, I wasn't happy with the original, so I made some changes.
    Here's Lucina's Attack Dash as well.
    Wow. You work really quickly on those! Just fantastic Cheesy

The dash attack (at least the pull back) looks a lot like P:M Roy's side tilt ._.

Nice job, though.
    Lol. It did start out as that move xp. Definitely a bigger offender of a Roy emulating move is her Back Aerial, haha.

Anywho, it is really great to see so much interest in this project! Lucina's the first PSA anything I've ever really done, so this is just all the more awesome to me! Laugh

Hi

ShinyMammoth
    Mega Kitten

• Awards Favorite'd Dedicated Hacker

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #101 on: March 03, 2014, 02:16:45 AM »

Hey Crazyhand! I've been lurkin on this thread for a bit now. Figured it was time I popped in to show my support.

Also I might need some help coding the first hit to only heal if she strikes an enemy. So an If Hitbox Connects statement kinda thing.

Hey heavy, if you still need help with that I did it for chrom. I'm sure I could get it to work for Lucina.

How can I edit that FitMarth.pac file again though if I can&#039;t open it in PSA anymore though?
    I have never used BrawlBox to edit those before. Not to mention that I want to be able to edit her for an eventual unofficial P:M version.

Brawl box really is the way to go, but if you want to use PSA that may be a pain. I know how to get files edited with smash to work with brawlbox, even though I'm pretty sure .68b just ignores that now. I have never tried to go back to smash though. The only way I know that would for sure work is starting over, and that blows.

You should be able to make a P:M version of her with brawlbox? Unless I'm missing some procedure that requires smash attacks...

All of her Specials were a main concern for me when making this. They are the hardest for me to edit because, well... I don&#039;t know how to edit them fully, haha. The N Specials work fine, so that&#039;s good. Her Side Specials for example though, NONE of them work the way I want them too! The SpecialS1 needs more startup allowance, I agree. She needs to MOVE for the follow ups though, hahaha. I also want to give her a new SpecialS2Lw separate from her SpecialS2S (as you probably saw in the OP).

Her Up Special, I&#039;m still kind of set on making it be a non-damaging move that enables follow-up aerials afterward (Like Mewtwo in P:M), but that may be difficult... I may just have to tweak it from Marth&#039;s/Roy&#039;s version of the move if need be. And then her Down Special, I also think it was a bit fast on startup. Sure, I can make it a bit slower at the beginning there ^^

Specials are absolutely intimidating, and a pain to learn. To make everything worse, I'm pretty sure EVERY character requires a slightly modified approach. If there's anything you need advice on I'm usually lurking around so feel free to shoot me a PM or something.

I think the hitbox connecting thing is something that needs to be done as well. I wish I were more experienced with coding in that area, but like Zack Fair said... those RA bits... heh.

RA-bits for subactions are just disguised change subactions. Look deeper in the action and you'll find a subroutine event. If you go to the subroutine it's pointing to you'll find the change subaction commands...generally lol.

All in all, super stoked for this PSA! Can't wait to see more of it.

Large Leader

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #102 on: March 03, 2014, 07:49:00 AM »

Look deeper in the action and you'll find a subroutine event. If you go to the subroutine it's pointing to you'll find the change subaction commands...generally lol.

Unfortunately this isn't the case with Marth. Marth's RA bits go directly to the subaction the number corresponds to the number of the subaction (so if it says RA Bit 490 that means finalstart or something).

The downside is, is that if you want to replace a special like dancing blades, you're gonna have a slightly rough time. The action tabs don't have anything related to the if in air/ if on ground statements and just seem to go straight to the subactions themselves. I have yet to try and recode the action tab (so it looks like a normal action tab) and see if it works.

I'm curious to know as to why they coded Marth like that to begin with. It just seems like such an odd way to do something as opposed to the change subaction command, even if it does mean the same thing.

O snap

Nao-chan
    Collab Assassin
    Holy Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #103 on: March 03, 2014, 12:21:48 PM »

Believe it or not, I was thinking of the same animation for that! If it works better to have it be a custom animation, then perhaps it should remain the same for ease of use? I already have you and RG working on a lot of stuff here. I don't want to overload you guys with constant stuff. In this case, RG specifically, since he will have to loop it back to Wait1.
    Well I have already done a rough version of that strike transitioning to her Wait1. I dunno if Revenant Genesis has done anything with it though. But it is a move that would naturally transition to that anyway, so maybe he fixed it up a little.

Hey heavy, if you still need help with that I did it for chrom. I'm sure I could get it to work for Lucina.
    Well before I get to PSA-ing the move, I think I should animate it first. So I have something to work with.
    « Last Edit: March 03, 2014, 12:29:25 PM by HeavyD88 » Logged

PallaPal
    Mega Kitten

• Awards Super Saiyan Topic Starstormer Dedicated Hacker Featured

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #104 on: March 03, 2014, 01:05:35 PM »

Hey Crazyhand! I've been lurkin on this thread for a bit now. Figured it was time I popped in to show my support.

Brawl box really is the way to go, but if you want to use PSA that may be a pain. I know how to get files edited with smash to work with brawlbox, even though I'm pretty sure .68b just ignores that now. I have never tried to go back to smash though. The only way I know that would for sure work is starting over, and that blows. You should be able to make a P:M version of her with brawlbox?
    Hello! Thanks for popping in! Oh I'm sure there's a way to open it up in BrawlBox! I just don't know how, haha. I still have much to learn with BrawlBox. I've only worked with Texture Hacking and Motion Files in BrawlBox before.

Well I have already done a rough version of that strike transitioning to her Wait1. I dunno if Revenant Genesis has done anything with it though. But it is a move that would naturally transition to that anyway, so maybe he fixed it up a little. Well before I get to PSA-ing the move, I think I should animate it first. So I have something to work with.
    Cool! Well even if Revenant hasn't gotten to it, I'd say that's still a good thing to have implemented already Smiley

Hi

Pages:  1 ... 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 ... 36
    Print
    Jump to: