Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Pages:  1 ... 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 ... 36
Author Topic: Fire Emblem's Lucina PSA - WELCOMING AID!  (Read 161351 times)
ShinyMammoth
Mega Kitten

• Awards Favorite'd Dedicated Hacker

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #105 on: March 03, 2014, 01:27:16 PM »

Unfortunately this isn't the case with Marth. Marth's RA bits go directly to the subaction the number corresponds to the number of the subaction (so if it says RA Bit 490 that means finalstart or something).

The downside is, is that if you want to replace a special like dancing blades, you're gonna have a slightly rough time. The action tabs don't have anything related to the if in air/ if on ground statements and just seem to go straight to the subactions themselves. I have yet to try and recode the action tab (so it looks like a normal action tab) and see if it works.

I'm curious to know as to why they coded Marth like that to begin with. It just seems like such an odd way to do something as opposed to the change subaction command, even if it does mean the same thing.

Pit used only RA bits and once you figure out what it looks like and means you'll realize that you can replace it with any action coding that does a similar thing. What are you guys trying to do to dancing blade?

Well before I get to PSA-ing the move, I think I should animate it first. So I have something to work with.

Yeah that's generally a good idea Tongue can't code what's not there. Well I mean you can but, whatever you get it lol.

Hello! Thanks for popping in! Oh I'm sure there's a way to open it up in BrawlBox! I just don't know how, haha. I still have much to learn with BrawlBox. I've only worked with Texture Hacking and Motion Files in BrawlBox before.

Brawl box .68b is the last version to support the movedefxxx in the .PAC file. Open up your fitmarth.PAC click on movedef > sections > subroutines/ actions. I may be missing one but just look around, you'll find it. From there its practically the same as smash attacks, just laid out much better IMO. What is really cool about brawl box is that nothing is in hex anymore. And everything is laid out with a nice uniform file system.
    « Last Edit: March 03, 2014, 01:41:05 PM by ShinyMammoth » Logged

Large Leader
    I'm shocked I'm allowed to still have this.

• Awards Active Contributor Renowned Hacker Diamond in the Rough Super Saiyan Topic

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #106 on: March 03, 2014, 01:31:55 PM »

Pit used only RA bits and once you figure out what it looks like and means you'll realize that you can replace it with any action coding that does a similar thing. What are you guys trying to do to dancing blade?

I was giving an example Tongue

Quote from: Miacis
    In other words, LURK MORE.
    Quote from: LC-DDM
    In other news, birds fly, sun shines, fishes swim, and the sky is [censored]ing BLUE.
    3. ... You seriously don't know who Clinton is?
    Quote from: Haseyo
    If only hacking Brawl paid bills.
    Quote from: Nanobuds
    O snap
    Quote from: DrPanda
    But you are in a Smash Bros. thread.
    You can't have an opinion here.

ShinyMammoth
    Mega Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #107 on: March 03, 2014, 01:42:48 PM »

I was giving an example Tongue

I'm just trying to help someone not get steered in the wrong direction. The information you give is flawed and normally wrong. I just don't want to see another modder believing you and not ending up with what they wanted.

Nao-chan
    Collab Assassin
    Holy Kitten

That's what comes of under-estimating me.

• Awards Dedicated Hacker Famous Hacker Starstormer Heart Container

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #108 on: March 03, 2014, 02:11:40 PM »

Was able to make a redo of your SpecialNLoop animation, using Roy's as a base with slight modifications to her arms.

Brawl box .68b is the last version to support the movedefxxx in the .PAC file. Open up your fitmarth.PAC click on movedef > sections > subroutines/ actions. I may be missing one but just look around, you'll find it. From there its practically the same as smash attacks, just laid out much better IMO. What is really cool about brawl box is that nothing is in hex anymore. And everything is laid out with a nice uniform file system.

It's also Subactions as well. that's where you can alter all the normal moves and properties for each. Actions are the Final Smash and Specials.

WiFi Brawl FC:0606-0014-4748

You turned into a real boring [censored] while I was away. -Yoko

Hooray for surpassing 4000 downloads!! Thanks guys!

Large Leader

• Awards Active Contributor Renowned Hacker Diamond in the Rough Super Saiyan Topic

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #109 on: March 03, 2014, 02:45:54 PM »

The information you give is flawed and normally wrong.

There was one instance where my information was flawed (I had overlooked Subaction 3 in Dancing Blade). But normally wrong? Please, just please inform me how I can't PSA and that it's always riddled with bugs I can't fix.

I just don't want to see another modder believing you and not ending up with what they wanted.

Sometimes the best way to code a special is to start clean and without any of the old coding (pretty much putting in no parameters for all the events and starting clean), and as a matter of fact he DOES want to change Dancing Blade to an Initiate Special Ability.

I don't have any enmity with you, but you're making it really hard to reply to you in a sensible manner when you reply in the way that you have. Maybe you didn't see it before, but there were at least two different ways to state what you did and give it a neutral, or even positive tone. I don't want to derail this thread about symantics, so just PM me if you want to discuss this.

In other news, birds fly, sun shines, fishes swim, and the sky is [censored]ing BLUE.
    O snap

ShinyMammoth
    Mega Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #110 on: March 03, 2014, 02:57:27 PM »

Sometimes the best way to code a special is to start clean and without any of the old coding (pretty much putting in no parameters for all the events and starting clean), and as a matter of fact he DOES want to change Dancing Blade to an Initiate Special Ability.

Removing everything may be the best way for an experienced coder to make an attack work, but for someone just starting off it's much safer to use what is already there and work off of it. 

That's as far as I'll go. I realize now how worthless it is to argue with you.

Was able to make a redo of your SpecialNLoop animation, using Roy's as a base with slight modifications to her arms.

From what I can tell on my phone, that's not a bad hold animation. Nice work.

It's also Subactions as well. that's where you can alter all the normal moves and properties for each. Actions are the Final Smash and Specials.

Thanks lol, I was trying to remember as I was rolling out of bed. Tongue

Masterhand, you said that dancing blade wasn't doing anything like you wanted it to. What is it you are trying to change about it?
    « Last Edit: March 03, 2014, 02:58:51 PM by ShinyMammoth » Logged

Revan
    Extreme Kitten

• Awards Starstormer Super Saiyan Topic Famous Hacker

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #111 on: March 03, 2014, 03:03:28 PM »

I'm glad you stuck with a pose close her original one, because I made the SpecialN you gave me go into her old charge stance. It shouldn't be too hard to convert it again. 

Post Merge: March 03, 2014, 03:09:05 PM
    Also Master Hand, what do you have in mind for her new side tilt? If you cant do it I can do whatever for it. Same goes for the down smash. Just tell me what you want and I'll make it happen, at least to the best of my abilities. As for the specials just contact Mammoth for codding, and me for animations, and we can figure something out. Also kudos for being so gracious with my review. I hate it when people get all defensive about feedback. haha
    « Last Edit: March 03, 2014, 03:09:05 PM by RevenantGenesis » Logged

Personal PSA Thread: http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=64229.0
    Project Pokemon: http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=47219.0
    "If we save her, I am going to take off her pants and play Slip'N'Slide. Wicky wicky wick, wicky wicky wick, Fresh Cowboy from the Westside"

Nao-chan
    Collab Assassin
    Holy Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #112 on: March 03, 2014, 03:13:44 PM »

From what I can tell on my phone, that's not a bad hold animation. Nice work.
    Thanks! It was only a small modification, but it's better than a still charging animation. At least to me.

Masterhand, you said that dancing blade wasn't doing anything like you wanted it to. What is it you are trying to change about it?
    He's trying to make the first strike a place holder of sorts to move into I think 3 different attacks. SpecialS2Lw is Astra I'm assuming from what he stated in the OP, and from the animation that's given. And I think SpecialS2Hi is supposed to be Aether. That's what it kinda looks like anyway.

The only issue I see him having so far is to make them move forward as it does in BrawlBox. It's a little strange that they aren't, even though he put Moves Character on the ones he wanted to move. I'm not an expert at PSA-ing, so I wouldn't really know how to go about fixing that problem.

I'm glad you stuck with a pose close her original one, because I made the SpecialN you gave me go into her old charge stance. It shouldn't be too hard to convert it again.
    No Problem. I didn't know you made one too. Whoops.
    « Last Edit: March 03, 2014, 03:15:54 PM by HeavyD88 » Logged

Large Leader

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #113 on: March 03, 2014, 03:15:17 PM »

The only issue I see him having so far is to make them move forward as it does in BrawlBox. It's a little strange that they aren't, even though he put Moves Character on the ones he wanted to move. I'm not an expert at PSA-ing, so I wouldn't really know how to go about fixing that problem.

You need the set air/ground event along with (I believe) the edge slide event as well.

Unfortunately, neither have worked for my Roy or Hector Sad

O snap

Nao-chan
    Collab Assassin
    Holy Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #114 on: March 03, 2014, 03:16:41 PM »

I'll check it and see if he did or not.

EDIT: I see that on Action 285, it has a change sub action to NONE in it dunno what that action normally is though. Oh that's SpecialLw. Never mind.
    « Last Edit: March 03, 2014, 03:22:57 PM by HeavyD88 » Logged

Revan
    Extreme Kitten

• Awards Starstormer Super Saiyan Topic Famous Hacker

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #115 on: March 03, 2014, 03:20:40 PM »

Thanks! It was only a small modification, but it's better than a still charging animation. At least to me.
    He's trying to make the first strike a place holder of sorts to move into I think 3 different attacks. SpecialS2Lw is Astra I'm assuming from what he stated in the OP, and from the animation that's given. And I think SpecialS2Hi is supposed to be Aether. That's what it kinda looks like anyway.

No Problem. I didn't know you made one too. Whoops.

Its cool I didn't make a charge animation. I just made the Start and End transition to and from. If you wanna send that over i'll convert what I have.

EDIT: I see that on Action 285, it has a change sub action to NONE in it dunno what that action normally is though. Oh that's SpecialLw. Never mind.

EDIT: Send it to me and I'll have mammoth look at it. He's playing wii golf right now haha.
    « Last Edit: March 03, 2014, 03:23:16 PM by RevenantGenesis » Logged

Personal PSA Thread: http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=64229.0
    Project Pokemon: http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=47219.0
    "If we save her, I am going to take off her pants and play Slip'N'Slide. Wicky wicky wick, wicky wicky wick, Fresh Cowboy from the Westside"

Large Leader

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #116 on: March 03, 2014, 03:25:28 PM »

Action 285 is originally SpecialLwHit...

The SpecialS Actions are...

O snap

Nao-chan
    Collab Assassin
    Holy Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #117 on: March 03, 2014, 03:30:25 PM »

Action 285 is originally SpecialLwHit...

The SpecialS Actions are...

It looks like he has the right stuff in those actions but I might be wrong.

ShinyMammoth
    Mega Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #118 on: March 03, 2014, 03:38:08 PM »

So basically a short stance? We did something like that when we were working on zoroark, it shouldn't be too tough.

Are you guys using brawl box or smash attacks? With this .PAC? That way I don't screw it up saving it with the opposite one.

Nao-chan
    Collab Assassin
    Holy Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #119 on: March 03, 2014, 03:50:48 PM »

Well I'm using Brawl Box. I still have the original file that was used with smash attacks, if you want to use that one. But it doesn't have any of the new additions in it.

Pages:  1 ... 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 ... 36
    Print
    Jump to: