Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Pages:  1 ... 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 ... 36
Author Topic: Fire Emblem's Lucina PSA - WELCOMING AID!  (Read 162011 times)
JamietheAuraUser
Extreme Kitten

Deadly Flower

• Awards Starstormer Constructive

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #120 on: March 03, 2014, 03:57:33 PM »

The thing about Lucina's Astra in Awakening is that she doesn't actually move forward at all after the first hit. Lucina as a Lord has enough different attack animations that every hit of Astra is actually unique, and there aren't any mid-combo backsteps like there are for most other classes.

It starts with her quick lunging stab (the initial attack she does when it isn't a killing blow), then follows with a horizontal slash from the left, then one from the right, then finally a vertical slash from bottom left, and ending with her finisher stab.

That said, I had an idea for her Final Smash: Astral Aether. Lucina performs Astra, with the last hit forcing the target back, then intercepts with Aether before they can escape.
    Damage spread: 6%, 6%, 6%, 6%, 6%, 12% (heals Lucina 6%), 18%. Total damage: 60%

Regardless of whether you use this or your previous planned FS, her FinalDash should have her sword pointed forward, as she's about to stab whoever she runs in to.

"I reject your reality, and substitute my own!"
    "We're the Mythbusters, we blow **** up." -- Adam Savage

"No, the solution is not to make a gatling gun out of bazookas."

ShinyMammoth
    Mega Kitten

• Awards Favorite'd Dedicated Hacker

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #121 on: March 03, 2014, 04:15:09 PM »

Well I'm using Brawl Box. I still have the original file that was used with smash attacks, if you want to use that one. But it doesn't have any of the new additions in it.

Naw it's good, I haven't touched smash in so long.

I made her move. I will send you the file.

You may need to add an end animation to the SpecialS2Hi, a seperate subaction, because She slides like made while transitioning to her wait1. Or put a disallow horizontal movement on the second to last frame.

Nao-chan
    Collab Assassin
    Holy Kitten

That's what comes of under-estimating me.

• Awards Dedicated Hacker Famous Hacker Starstormer Heart Container

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #122 on: March 03, 2014, 04:55:08 PM »

Naw it's good, I haven't touched smash in so long.

I made her move. I will send you the file.

You may need to add an end animation to the SpecialS2Hi, a seperate subaction, because She slides like made while transitioning to her wait1. Or put a disallow horizontal movement on the second to last frame.
    Thanks man. And I'll see what I can do.

The thing about Lucina's Astra in Awakening is that she doesn't actually move forward at all after the first hit. Lucina as a Lord has enough different attack animations that every hit of Astra is actually unique, and there aren't any mid-combo backsteps like there are for most other classes.

It starts with her quick lunging stab (the initial attack she does when it isn't a killing blow), then follows with a horizontal slash from the left, then one from the right, then finally a vertical slash from bottom left, and ending with her finisher stab.

That said, I had an idea for her Final Smash: Astral Aether. Lucina performs Astra, with the last hit forcing the target back, then intercepts with Aether before they can escape.
    Damage spread: 6%, 6%, 6%, 6%, 6%, 12% (heals Lucina 6%), 18%. Total damage: 60%

Regardless of whether you use this or your previous planned FS, her FinalDash should have her sword pointed forward, as she's about to stab whoever she runs in to.
    Thanks for the info. That's not a bad idea, but it'll definitely take longer to animate that one as opposed to mine. But I'll think about it. I'll change up her FinalDash as well.

WiFi Brawl FC:0606-0014-4748

You turned into a real boring [censored] while I was away. -Yoko

Hooray for surpassing 4000 downloads!! Thanks guys!

PallaPal
    Mega Kitten

• Awards Super Saiyan Topic Starstormer Dedicated Hacker Featured

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #123 on: March 03, 2014, 06:05:12 PM »

Thanks! It was only a small modification, but it's better than a still charging animation. At least to me.

He's trying to make the first strike a place holder of sorts to move into I think 3 different attacks. SpecialS2Lw is Astra I'm assuming from what he stated in the OP, and from the animation that's given. And I think SpecialS2Hi is supposed to be Aether. That's what it kinda looks like anyway.
    Definitely a good animation for the Neutral Special anyway Smiley

And yeah, you're right about what I intended those to be! That Astra is is more Path of Radiance-based as opposed to an Awakening-based one. Then Aether, yeah that's what it is, but the animation needs work, lol.

The third attack may be more of a Pseudo-counter (Pavise/Aegis) and I want to make it SpecialS2Lw whereas Astra should be a new SpecialS2Mid. I'm not sure how to go about making that one though. The "Pavise/Aegis" move can just reflect a fixed 10 damage or like half of the damage dealt to her, and it should probably have super armor frames so she doesn't go flying too. Not a perfect adaptation of the skill in here, but I think it would be okay for it to work this way.

Also, no worries about ever needing to use the old version to edit with PSA. I too figured out how to use it with BrawlBox now, and it is a WHOLE NEW THING. So much easier to use! I have seen the light... xp

Hi

Nao-chan
    Collab Assassin
    Holy Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #124 on: March 03, 2014, 06:28:52 PM »

Welcome brother to the ways of BrawlBox. I hope you enjoy your stay. Haha. Anyway. I just finished the Neutral Charge for the Aerial version as well. Now it'll flow better between air and landing mid charge. Also tweaked the ground version a little more to show that she's really building up some power. I basically just made her move a bit more around her Waist/Bust area.

EDIT: Here's the new Ground version:

This Is the Air version:
    « Last Edit: March 03, 2014, 06:41:15 PM by HeavyD88 » Logged

GoMB-BallGamer4774
    Mega Kitten

Basketball is good for you.

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #125 on: March 03, 2014, 07:54:36 PM »

Nice job! Those are looking great! Happy Face

Nao-chan
    Collab Assassin
    Holy Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #126 on: March 03, 2014, 08:24:25 PM »

Thanks I also remade the Win1Wait animation. But I'm having a hard time trying to clean up the Win1 itself to go with the new one I made.

This is the old one:
    This is what I made:

Oh and to those of you like Revenant Genesis that think the cape blowing when no one elses is when they're around is weird. It really doesn't move as much in game as compared to the animation. So it wont look that dramatic.
    « Last Edit: March 03, 2014, 08:37:56 PM by HeavyD88 » Logged

PallaPal
    Mega Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #127 on: March 03, 2014, 08:30:02 PM »

That is once again awesome. "Everything is Awesome!"
    ... Sorry, just watched The Lego Movie xp.

In all seriousness though, you have your ways of making Lucina look super awesome in her poses Laugh

Hi

Nao-chan
    Collab Assassin
    Holy Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #128 on: March 03, 2014, 08:36:12 PM »

It was just a more realistic revision of what you supplied to me. But thank you all the same. Maybe Revenant can get it to transition from Win1 better than I can. But honestly I don't want to put too much on his shoulders, so I'll try and fix it myself if I can.

Also I really want to see that movie. Was it good?

PallaPal
    Mega Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #129 on: March 03, 2014, 08:48:09 PM »

I personally really enjoyed it. It had both clever and cheesy moments, as should be expected with a Lego-based movie (and especially expected if you're familiar with the Lego games), but it's the good kind of cheesy xp! It's a very fun movie, and while not spoiling too much, I have to say I love how it connected the Lego universe with reality Cheesy

Hi

Nao-chan
    Collab Assassin
    Holy Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #130 on: March 03, 2014, 09:05:49 PM »

I personally really enjoyed it. It had both clever and cheesy moments, as should be expected with a Lego-based movie (and especially expected if you're familiar with the Lego games), but it's the good kind of cheesy xp! It's a very fun movie, and while not spoiling too much, I have to say I love how it connected the Lego universe with reality Cheesy
    Sounds like fun. I've played a few of the games myself. It should be real fun to watch. Also is there any reason you set Lucina's head scale to 1.05?

PallaPal
    Mega Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #131 on: March 03, 2014, 09:21:50 PM »

o_O
    Oh yeah... I was testing out scaling character models using the Motion File. I think I forgot to change that back, lol.

Hi

SJS
    Clastic Sandtastic
    Brawl Vault Staff

• Awards The Gentlepin Hyperactive Contributor >9000 Hey! Listen!

• View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #132 on: March 03, 2014, 09:51:59 PM »

This is looking good. Too bad ol' Lucy doesn't have hair bones.

Look at my CSPs. While you're at it, come and help fix some broken hacks.. Don't stop! Check out LSTeam's cBliss recolor project.

Nao-chan
    Collab Assassin
    Holy Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #133 on: March 03, 2014, 10:51:40 PM »

o_O
    Oh yeah... I was testing out scaling character models using the Motion File. I think I forgot to change that back, lol.

Well don't worry, I fixed it a while ago. Just thought I'd ask.

This is looking good. Too bad ol' Lucy doesn't have hair bones.

Yeah that would have been a nice touch to add, But she was worked on like mad already, so I don't really mind it that much.

EDIT:I just finished up a Win1 for Lucina. The end of it was a bit rushed because I was having issues with the HipN bone again. Either way I think it looks good, but could use a little touch up at the end of it.

« Last Edit: March 04, 2014, 01:20:19 AM by HeavyD88 » Logged

Large Leader
    I'm shocked I'm allowed to still have this.

• Awards Diamond in the Rough Renowned Hacker Active Contributor Super Saiyan Topic

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #134 on: March 04, 2014, 06:52:48 AM »

There needs to be a crouch at the beginning of it.

I WISH we humans could just jump as high as that without crouching, you know how easy it'd be to get around traffic?

Quote from: Miacis
    In other words, LURK MORE.
    Quote from: LC-DDM
    In other news, birds fly, sun shines, fishes swim, and the sky is [censored]ing BLUE.
    Quote from: Miacis
    3. ... You seriously don't know who Clinton is?
    Quote from: Haseyo
    If only hacking Brawl paid bills.
    Quote from: Nanobuds
    O snap
    Quote from: DrPanda
    But you are in a Smash Bros. thread.
    You can't have an opinion here.

Pages:  1 ... 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 ... 36
    Print
    Jump to: